Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Did Floyd Mayweather turn down $65 Mill to fight you know who
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
BigMoneySlayer
Is there any truth to this? All I know is that there $35 Mill short, But $65 Mill is alot of money. http://www.esnewsreporting.com/bob-arum-fl...should-be-41-1/

Cyrenn
QUOTE (BigMoneySlayer @ Jun 3 2011, 05:28 PM) *
Is there any truth to this? All I know is that there $35 Mill short, But $65 Mill is alot of money. http://www.esnewsreporting.com/bob-arum-fl...should-be-41-1/

I'm sure it's true, My sister works with Nelson Mandela's daughters agent when they tried to set up a huge fight for Floyd to fight in South Africa, Floyd thought he was getting some kind of easy payday, but when they turned around and said it has to be with Manny Pacquiao, he tucked tail and he could never be reached again. Well this was the info I was getting or heard. They were pissed. You guys might want to goole search that for more info on how that fell apart? Also what happen to Mayweather claiming to that Life styles of the Rich and famous Robin Leech? Mayweatehr claimed he had a huge fight set up in Dubai? LOL! Try and explain that one. Mayweather trying to get that 100 Million dollar payday because he knows he's going to get his ass whooped so might as well end it with a bang, Get paid because once he loses he can't market himself because he will just be another ordinary fighter.
FinitoElDinamita
Do you believe in Santa Claus too?
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (FinitoElDinamita @ Jun 3 2011, 05:37 PM) *

Lls.....

Sunni6Killer
QUOTE (FinitoElDinamita @ Jun 3 2011, 02:37 PM) *

No, but I believe in the Easter bunny.

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2011/06/maywea...-it/#more-68570

Arum says a party in Singapore made the offer.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Sunni6Killer @ Jun 3 2011, 10:08 PM) *
No, but I believe in the Easter bunny.

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2011/06/maywea...-it/#more-68570

Arum says a party in Singapore made the offer.

Knowin' Arum's history, do you believe anything he says?
Walstan86
Really? Soooo tired of "Arum is a liar" as a mantra.
Hops
Yeah.

That's why Arum's now using or quoting or referring to third parties because he knows that Pac/TR haters will not believe him.

By the way, do you believe what Cyrenn said? The 2nd post in this thread. That his sister works with Nelson Mandela's daughter's agent.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (Hops @ Jun 3 2011, 09:54 PM) *
Yeah.

That's why Arum's now using or quoting or referring to third parties because he knows that Pac/TR haters will not believe him.

By the way, do you believe what Cyrenn said? The 2nd post in this thread. That his sister works with Nelson Mandela's daughter's agent.

Negative. lol

yea my sisters uncles cousins friends neighbors dog told me Mayweather turned it down too... lmao
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Hops @ Jun 3 2011, 10:54 PM) *
Yeah.

Pac is 1 of my favorite boxers, so I'm definitely not a hater. My comment was based on past events.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Jun 3 2011, 10:18 PM) *
Pac is 1 of my favorite boxers, so I'm definitely not a hater. My comment was based on past events.

yea i agree.. i dont believe shyt Arum says... not becuz i hate Pac cuz i dont but becuz Arum and TR have lost my trust.

Prov0
Bob is always coming up with bullshit! what i would like to know is how did offer Floyd 65 mill.i mean didnt they just sign a contract for fighr JMM ? and we all knoe Bob is not going to pay off JMM to walk away from this bout!!
FightHypeRules
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Jun 3 2011, 08:07 PM) *
Negative. lol

yea my sisters uncles cousins friends neighbors dog told me Mayweather turned it down too... lmao

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Floyd pass up a fight at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
FightHypeRules
QUOTE (Prov0 @ Jun 4 2011, 12:02 PM) *
Bob is always coming up with bullshit! what i would like to know is how did offer Floyd 65 mill.i mean didnt they just sign a contract for fighr JMM ? and we all knoe Bob is not going to pay off JMM to walk away from this bout!!

Well, theoretically it could have been setting up a fight for next year. Also JMM has to win his next fight, or the fight with Pac is off. If this went down, then it would most likely have been for next summer or spring.

I wish Floyd would just stop sitting back and not answering when Arum puts stuff like this out in the media. If it's bullshit, call him on it and embarrass him. By staying silent, he allows people to believe it, and then months later when he says it never happened, people tend not to believe him.
Walstan86
QUOTE (FightHypeRules @ Jun 4 2011, 06:02 PM) *
I wish Floyd would just stop sitting back and not answering when Arum puts stuff like this out in the media. If it's bullshit, call him on it and embarrass him. By staying silent, he allows people to believe it....

That's the whole thing right there. It's not like Floyd's afraid of talking, because he talks about everything else. But why hasn't he said anything about the one thing everybody wants to know?

And so people are left to speculate what the deal is with the silence. So far, it comes down to either Floyd not being interested in ever fighting again, or Floyd not being interested in fighting Pacquiao imo.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (FightHypeRules @ Jun 4 2011, 04:59 PM) *
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Floyd pass up a fight at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

LMFAO!!
KookedKrack
Prov0
Floyd just had like 12 videos with ben thompson saying how he'll fight pac as soon as he agrees to the test! outfit piked out and shirts all over saying take the test! saying how bob dont want me to fight pac yet cause once i beat him ,whos going to make hom money!

bob is just milkin his cash cow he will thro pac to the wolf when he knows pac is ready to walk away. it sucks for us boxing fans causewe want to see this fight .but they kno the longer it drags the more money will come and people can say fuk tht i sint watching it if it does happen .yeah right cause as soon as this fight happens the world will tune in .look 2 years ago pac was not as big as he is today .they were offered whay 25 mill?? now were hearing 65??? this fight will eventually happen .cause my sistet in laws baby cuzzin tracy told me LOL "friday"
Walstan86
QUOTE (Prov0 @ Jun 4 2011, 09:47 PM) *
Floyd just had like 12 videos with ben thompson saying how he'll fight pac as soon as he agrees to the test!

Here's what Floyd said to Thompson: Thompson asked Floyd if he intended to keep the promise he made to his fans to fight Pacquiao. Floyd replied, "I never promised nobody nothing."
FightHypeRules
Arum said that Mayweather demanded $10 million even before he and the Singaporeans could discuss a possible Pacquiao fight.

“This guy (Mayweather Jr.) is totally out of his mind,” Arum said.

Arum said that the Singapore group flew to Los Angeles to negotiate. The Top Rank promoter added the group told him “they never experienced such craziness in their lives.”

Pacquiao’s adviser Michael Koncz confirmed the meeting, saying: “Mayweather wanted the $10 million up front before he would even talk to them.”

“There are no excuses this time, nobody to blame,” said Koncz. “He just doesn’t want to fight Manny. Where are you going to get $65 million? Even after tax and everything it would come down to $30 or 40 million and that’s a lot of money.”
ks1
QUOTE (Walstan86 @ Jun 3 2011, 10:51 PM) *
Really? Soooo tired of "Arum is a liar" as a mantra.

"Mantra"? LOL. Arum has very little credibility on this issue and nonsense like this isn't helping.
ks1
QUOTE (FightHypeRules @ Jun 4 2011, 06:02 PM) *
Well, theoretically it could have been setting up a fight for next year. Also JMM has to win his next fight, or the fight with Pac is off. If this went down, then it would most likely have been for next summer or spring.

I wish Floyd would just stop sitting back and not answering when Arum puts stuff like this out in the media. If it's bullshit, call him on it and embarrass him. By staying silent, he allows people to believe it, and then months later when he says it never happened, people tend not to believe him.

I disagree a bit. Floyd is much better off not chasing after Arum's latest stunt besides it's impossible to embarrass Arum. This is one of those things that will float around the internet and the people who buy it are likely to be predisposed to buying anything Arum puts out on this matter.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (Prov0 @ Jun 4 2011, 08:47 PM) *
Floyd just had like 12 videos with ben thompson saying how he'll fight pac as soon as he agrees to the test! outfit piked out and shirts all over saying take the test! saying how bob dont want me to fight pac yet cause once i beat him ,whos going to make hom money!

bob is just milkin his cash cow he will thro pac to the wolf when he knows pac is ready to walk away. it sucks for us boxing fans causewe want to see this fight .but they kno the longer it drags the more money will come and people can say fuk tht i sint watching it if it does happen .yeah right cause as soon as this fight happens the world will tune in .look 2 years ago pac was not as big as he is today .they were offered whay 25 mill?? now were hearing 65??? this fight will eventually happen .cause my sister in laws baby cuzzin tracy told me LOL "friday"

LOL...

yea i agree... ill be rooting for May but to me the fight can go either way.. and honestly ill be happy no matter what the outcome is as long as it aint a shitty fight... but i think both Pac and May fans will be on seats edge throughout..
Allmenjoi8
A company in Singapore offered 65 mill for May to fight Pac? I thought it was 100 mill. What is the name of this group, who are they, and why have they not said this? Rule 1 of investigating journalism, ask simple questions that lead to better ones. Who is the group? Are there any documents to prove your point? Are we surprise that Koncz agreeded to this? Like he would say "Arum is lying." The reason why Floyd is not speaking about Manny is because he will not play this game with Arum. Arum get more media attention everytime he mentions FMJ. Why should Fyold add to the circus? Arum needs to sale his JMM fight another way. It is really getting boring and tired. Move on and let go. For a guy he can not stand he sure mentions him in every breath. I do not believe this statement without a little thing called evidence.
FightHypeRules
Well, I think if I were Floyd and someone was spreading BLATANT lies about me (and this is pretty damn blatant if they are lies) then I would be looking into legal options. For all the people who may look down on that type of thing, the bottom line is that if what Arum is saying is not true, then much like the Mayweather's attacks on Manny and it influencing his image and people's perception of him, this is doing nothing but negative things to Floyd.

You can go on any message board virtually and you'll find threads just like this where people are taking what Arum is saying as the Gospel truth. And why? because Floyd is allowing Arum to control the narrative.

Now if Floyd was smart, he would file a defamation of character lawsuit against Arum, with the reasoning being that he is defaming Floyd's character, and his integrity by continuing to make up things such as him demanding $10 million dollars up front just to have a conversation with him, or turning down 1000 million dollars.

Because once he does that, and states in court papers that these things NEVER happened, and that Arum is making up lies to defame him, then I would imagine the onus would be on Arum to back up his comments. To come up with these people Floyd supposedly demanded 10 million from. These people from Singapore, or South Africa or wherever that Arum has claimed people have tried to get Floyd to fight. ***

And if Floyd is innocent of these things, then Arum can NOT back them up, and therefore he's caught dead to rights, exposed as lying about all these things, and Floyd would win. No more of "Well, so and so backed up the story", it's "can you provide proof to us right now that these talks took place?" And if not, then that's the ball game.

As Don King might say, "If It Ain't True, Then You Got to Sue".

***NOTE: I don't claim to be a legal expert, I'm sure there are those on here who are more learned in the Law than I am. But there has to be some legal option Floyd can undertake where Arum would have to back up his claims here. In order to defend against Floyd, he would have to say "well, here's these people and they talked to him and they'll testify to that".
Hops
The reason why Floyd's running his mouth in other issues and not addressing Bob's claim is that it's probably true. Hey, even the $100M Floyd's asking price from a South African Groupie made even Roger a sort of critique with regards to Floyd's motives and plans.
Hops
Don't worry. In a few days, we will know who offered the $65M. Remember when rumours of Floyd asking for $100M surfaced? Within a few days, we found who were turned down by Floyd.
leonthegee
I think Floyd doesnt want to do the fight Top Rank. I think he wants Manny to leave the way Mosley and Marquez had to leave GBP. Think about it, if you eliminate Bob Arums cut then you can make Manny a much better offer than that 25 million shit that Top Rank was talking about 2 yrs ago.
Walstan86
I think the best spin you can put on Mayweather's reluctance to engage with Pacquiao is to put in in the broader context of his apparent unwillingness to name any future opponent.... With his personal life in shambles over his alleged criminal actions, trials upcoming, and uncertainty over his life-long trainer Roger's fate, Floyd's just not available.

In spite of the lucrative opportunities open to him, it's looking more and more like his career is over. Too bad it's ending with a whimper.
PR316
No way it was 65 mill.

But be that as it may, the fight hasn't happened because Floyd is too scared. Plain and simple.
ks1
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Jun 5 2011, 01:43 AM) *
A company in Singapore offered 65 mill for May to fight Pac? I thought it was 100 mill. What is the name of this group, who are they, and why have they not said this? Rule 1 of investigating journalism, ask simple questions that lead to better ones. Who is the group? Are there any documents to prove your point? Are we surprise that Koncz agreeded to this? Like he would say "Arum is lying." The reason why Floyd is not speaking about Manny is because he will not play this game with Arum. Arum get more media attention everytime he mentions FMJ. Why should Fyold add to the circus? Arum needs to sale his JMM fight another way. It is really getting boring and tired. Move on and let go. For a guy he can not stand he sure mentions him in every breath. I do not believe this statement without a little thing called evidence.

Exactly. I'm not sure why anybody would believe this story. This is the second time Arum and Co, have told some tale about a stray unnamed 3rd party offering an outrageous sum of money to Floyd. Both times they used it to dig at Floyd from a pr perspective and promote a Manny fight.

The funny thing about this version is that Floyd supposedly calling them out by asking for $10 million upfront is described as "crazy" by Team Pac when, in fact, it's quite rational. A stray unknown 3rd party is offering you $65 million to fight. You say "ok, put your money where your mouth is. I want $10 million upfront" and they disappear? They are willing to guarantee you $65 million dollars but won't front you less than 20% as an advance? Get outta here. Bogus....
Walstan86
QUOTE (ks1 @ Jun 5 2011, 01:37 PM) *
Exactly. I'm not sure why anybody would believe this story. This is the second time Arum and Co, have told some tale about a stray unnamed 3rd party offering an outrageous sum of money to Floyd. Both times they used it to dig at Floyd from a pr perspective and promote a Manny fight.

The funny thing about this version is that Floyd supposedly calling them out by asking for $10 million upfront is described as "crazy" by Team Pac when, in fact, it's quite rational. A stray unknown 3rd party is offering you $65 million to fight. You say "ok, put your money where your mouth is. I want $10 million upfront" and they disappear? They are willing to guarantee you $65 million dollars but won't front you less than 20% as an advance? Get outta here. Bogus....

lol. NOBODY gives a guy 10 million without a guarantee he's gonna sign.
caneman
I THINK WE SHOULD PIN A D's PBF NUTZ IN MY MOUTH THREAD AND DO THE SAME FOR THE PACTARDS AND KEEP ALL COMMENTS ABOUT THE 2 IN THOSE 2 THREADS! LOLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ rolleyes_anim.gif
ks1
QUOTE (Walstan86 @ Jun 5 2011, 01:57 PM) *

C'mon now, you're being a bit silly. If these imaginary guys and their supposed offer was legit, that all could've been worked out easily. They could've said "ok, you want $10 mil upfront?, sign a contract." But according to the story, they didn't. Anyway, this is just pr nonsense but I am amused that Arum and Co. keep running a version of the same story, but only changing the mysterious 3rd parties (unknown, South African, Singaporeans) and dollar amounts ($50, $100 and $65 Mil), and some folks keep buying it . Oh well.
gravytrain
QUOTE (caneman @ Jun 5 2011, 02:03 PM) *
I THINK WE SHOULD PIN A D's PBF NUTZ IN MY MOUTH THREAD AND DO THE SAME FOR THE PACTARDS AND KEEP ALL COMMENTS ABOUT THE 2 IN THOSE 2 THREADS! LOLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ rolleyes_anim.gif

this is like watching 2 bitches in high school fighting each other because the guy they like fucked them both. they need to let it go and move on to better things.

Floyd Mayweather doesn't care if he fights Pac, he cares about money. Mayweather will probably just keep on making 30-40 million a fight and fight 1 maybe 2 times a year. Pac doesn't care if he fights Mayweather, he'll fight bums and just collect the 30-40 million dollar checks too.
FightHypeRules
QUOTE (Walstan86 @ Jun 5 2011, 10:57 AM) *

Unless you're Dice-K. He got a 50million "negotiation" bonus with no guarantees of signing. lol.

Maybe that's what Floyd was wanting.
ks1
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jun 5 2011, 02:27 PM) *
this is like watching 2 bitches in high school fighting each other because the guy they like fucked them both. they need to let it go and move on to better things.

Floyd Mayweather doesn't care if he fights Pac, he cares about money. Mayweather will probably just keep on making 30-40 million a fight and fight 1 maybe 2 times a year. Pac doesn't care if he fights Mayweather, he'll fight bums and just collect the 30-40 million dollar checks too.

Seriously? You're here too and this thread has been pretty civil and doesn't have many posts. But it is hilarious that you are making a high school reference while favorably commenting on a guy's post who, in typical high school nerd fashion, has a big picture of some trashy half-naked skank that accompanies every one of his posts.

Anyway, I agree with your overall "plague on both their houses" stance regarding May/Pac but, this story is still suspect.
caneman
lmfao
gravytrain
QUOTE (ks1 @ Jun 5 2011, 02:40 PM) *
Seriously? You're here too and this thread has been pretty civil and doesn't have many posts. But it is hilarious that you are making a high school reference while favorably commenting on a guy's post who, in typical high school nerd fashion, has a big picture of some trashy half-naked skank that accompanies every one of his posts.

Anyway, I agree with your overall "plague on both their houses" stance regarding May/Pac but, this story is still suspect.

i would rather see some trashy skank than people argue about Mayweather and Pacquiao. it's an embarrassment to the sport of boxing. there are hungry fighters out there doing more than Pac and Mayweather combined and making what Pacquiao pays his cutman. why not give them the attention instead of 2 fighters making 30-40 million to fight sparring partners?

BHop schooled a young champion and he gets a couple pages, Pac and Mayweather haven't even fought and probably wont fight and they get 5 threads.
ks1
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jun 5 2011, 03:04 PM) *
i would rather see some trashy skank than people argue about Mayweather and Pacquiao. it's an embarrassment to the sport of boxing. there are hungry fighters out there doing more than Pac and Mayweather combined and making what Pacquiao pays his cutman. why not give them the attention instead of 2 fighters making 30-40 million to fight sparring partners?

BHop schooled a young champion and he gets a couple pages, Pac and Mayweather haven't even fought and probably wont fight and they get 5 threads.

Again, I agree with your overall point and I don't mind the skank either. She's not half bad and looks like she would be fun in a "Hangover" type way, but again, you're participating in frenzy you're complaining about.
gravytrain
QUOTE (ks1 @ Jun 5 2011, 03:12 PM) *
Again, I agree with your overall point and I don't mind the skank either. She's not half bad and looks like she would be fun in a "Hangover" type way, but again, you're participating in frenzy you're complaining about.

where have i done that? lol

i've said that neither of them are serious about the fight and there's a lot more to talk about than Pac or Mayweather. people don't need to make a new thread everyday about them or argue for pages over who's scared. there's a fight about every month where there are 2 hungry fighters looking to win, they give fans more to talk about than Pac fighting Marquez and Mayweather talking about moving when he wants to move.
Walstan86
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jun 5 2011, 03:38 PM) *
where have i done that? lol

i've said that neither of them are serious about the fight and there's a lot more to talk about than Pac or Mayweather. people don't need to make a new thread everyday about them or argue for pages over who's scared. there's a fight about every month where there are 2 hungry fighters looking to win, they give fans more to talk about than Pac fighting Marquez and Mayweather talking about moving when he wants to move.

lol Fighthype follows Floyd around his clothes closet. Didn't hear you say anything about that.
caneman
QUOTE (Walstan86 @ Jun 5 2011, 03:44 PM) *
lol Fighthype follows Floyd around his clothes closet. Didn't hear you say anything about that.

STFU PACTARD! LOL
gravytrain
QUOTE (Walstan86 @ Jun 5 2011, 04:44 PM) *

Hype is the only man getting interviews with Mayweather and i'm sure it's got Fighthype some serious traffic. is ESPN getting interviews with Mayweather? no, ESPN is talking about interviews on Fighthype. why would i knock Hype for doing something to benefit himself and his website? without him and the website there's no forum.
Walstan86
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jun 5 2011, 04:55 PM) *
Hype is the only man getting interviews with Mayweather and i'm sure it's got Fighthype some serious traffic. is ESPN getting interviews with Mayweather? no, ESPN is talking about interviews on Fighthype. why would i knock Hype for doing something to benefit himself and his website? without him and the website there's no forum.

The knock is not on Hype. But if talk-mileage can be gotten out of Floyd's new clothes, then it certainly can still be gotten out of "Floyd vs. Manny".
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Jun 5 2011, 01:43 AM) *

You beat me to it.
thehype
QUOTE (BigMoneySlayer @ Jun 3 2011, 05:28 PM) *

No, it's not true, although Koncz confirming what Arum is reporting sure does make it that much more believable.

laugh.gif

What I want to know, however, is what is Bob Arum going to do with the Letter of Intent he received from an interested party in the US willing to give $75 million to both sides.

laugh.gif

More to come...
xxxxxx
QUOTE (thehype @ Jun 5 2011, 06:03 PM) *
No, it's not true, although Koncz confirming what Arum is reporting sure does make it that much more believable.

laugh.gif

What I want to know, however, is what is Bob Arum going to do with the Letter of Intent he received from an interested party in the US willing to give $75 million to both sides.

laugh.gif

More to come...

Would it be Jerry Jones???

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (thehype @ Jun 5 2011, 06:03 PM) *

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

More to come...

Just curious but would a letter of intent be meaningless unless both sides can come to an agreement on testing?
gravytrain
QUOTE (Walstan86 @ Jun 5 2011, 05:12 PM) *
The knock is not on Hype. But if talk-mileage can be gotten out of Floyd's new clothes, then it certainly can still be gotten out of "Floyd vs. Manny".

this is the boxing forum, not the classic forum. Mayweather vs Pac is a mythical match up. the gossip is just a waste of space, threads on this forum don't get the exposure a Mayweather interview does.

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jun 5 2011, 07:50 PM) *
Just curious but would a letter of intent be meaningless unless both sides can come to an agreement on testing?

if testing is still an issue then it wont matter, the fight wont happen. i wouldn't be surprised to hear Mayweather say "i want to give the fans what they want. Pac, i wont test your bitchass" if more money keeps getting offered.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.