Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HawkTime- The Hawk v Pac and Floyd RW0 Mayweather Jr. at 140?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
SmartyBeardo
The Hawk v Pac at 140 = The end of the line for Pac. Too much power . . . too much beard . . . too many angles . . . too fucking ruthless. The Hawk KO 6 or under.

The Hawk v Floyd RW0 (retired with 0) Mayweather Jr. at 140 = No more 0. See above.

Yes, I know this is one of those conjecture threads.

OK, NostraDumbass, bestow us with your stratospheric excellence.
caneman
Agree but have to say, the Hawk head hunted so much, it could hurt him vs both guys! I have to say, both fights would be action packed in any case!
noWAYnoHOW
nvm, thought you were talking about the other hawk
noWAYnoHOW
nvm
noWAYnoHOW
didn't know you were talking about Pryor
noWAYnoHOW
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 5 2011, 01:26 PM) *
No problem noWay. Shit happens.

How do you think they would do v Aaron The Hawk Pryor?

the pac fight would be a war, thats a hard one, there kind of the same person, pac is faster though.
and against mayweather, well have to see how he looks against pac if they fight iunno
neophyte7
Floyd would give The Hawk all types of problems and Pryor's tendency to throw caution to the wind could get him totally matadored by Mayweather. It would be an action packed bout, but Floyd has tight defense whereas Pryor relied pure instinct in that department. I am going with Mayweather in this one. He keeps Pryor at bay with lightning quick counters and outboxes him to a UD pryor was floored being careless by guys named dujuan johnson who put him on his ass... lmao... the hawk never faced anyone like floyd, and vice versa, yet floyd is more complete a fighter
boxtop123
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 5 2011, 04:26 PM) *
RW0 was a more complete boxer, neo. The Hawk was a more complete fighter.

I understand your point of view. I just don't think RW0 could withstand The Hawk's attack. He would get caught and Pryor would finish him, IMO.

with respect: the hawk would lose and maybe just maybe even get knocked out due to his wild punching style he threw alot of wide shots and was more known for his relentless attack than for his skill mayweather all the way
caneman
So Chop Chop and Mosley can hurt PBF, Castillo could arguably beat him yet he Hawk didn't have the skills? REALLY?
BoxingWizard23
I know I'm gonna get back lash but im a true boxing fan. pure boxing fan first. Pryor had the most trouble with slick fighters at the most. If you had some pop and can dig deep you can beat Pryor. Going into a war with him at 140 is a no no. Manny would be down and done because The Hawks power and relentless plus Pacman's willingness to engage as always will smell and spell doom for him probably early to little mid rounds. Pryor KO 7th Pacman. Now, against Floyd Pryor who specialize in a mounting head attack will be missing alot. Floyd's head movement and ability to waver shots is almost unparalleled. So The Hawk will be forced to go the body which Mayweather is also one of the best being able to move his body out of harm in a phone booth like space. The game is hit and not get hit who else is the best today at that?? And on top of that Mayweather at the lower weights was feared. He had the most power and by most had the most balanced of all qualities in a fighter/boxer at that time. His KO percentage in the lower weights was in the 80%. He has a underrated chin(check Corley,Castillo, Ndou, Corrales,Mosley and Mitchel fights against Floyd if you don't believe me). Pryor would have a harder time finding Floyd in the ring than Manny. Floyd could either Potshot and avoid The Hawks flurries or dig deep like most fighters who beat the Hawk (check Castillo fights) and take it to the inside and bang his body up. I see it as Mayweather will adjust and lose the early round probably 1-4 and get a little banged up early. Then Mayweather adjusts to Pryors lunging and throwing angles by setting up traps and timing him to off set The Hawks barrage and rhythm. Mayweather will use his counter pucnhing ability plus since this is at the lower weights will use his deceptive punching power to keep Pryor from rushing in and bullying him.Mayweather will cruise to a UD. Whoever said Mayweather would be toast must have never really seen The Hawks fights. His style will play in Floyd's hand. The man had no defense and both men will be dealing with a fighter they never had to deal with. Mayweather always finds a way to win even when his opponent is bigger, stronger or faster than him. My opinion
xxxxxx
Great topic here....I have thought about these matchups several times. The Hawk was tough as nails with an ability to fight well when he was tired. He was a better version of a prime Mosely. His career would have been even better if not for the drug abuse later in his career. I think he KTFO Pacman late in a Instant Classic. When it comes to the Mayweather fight it gets a little more difficult. It's kinda interesting that whenever you ask Mayweather the fighters he enjoys to watch he always mentions Pryor. A lot of people will say the Hawk is tailor made for Mayweather, but I disagree. His constant pressure WOULD give Mayweather fits....I guarantee you. I think Mayweathers toughness would come out though as it is underated and that would be to the Hawks advantage. An old school 15 rd fight would help both fighters which is scary. Wow...the more I think about it I go back in forth. I say Draw. cool.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (caneman @ Jun 5 2011, 05:14 PM) *
So Chop Chop and Mosley can hurt PBF, Castillo could arguably beat him yet he Hawk didn't have the skills? REALLY?

Good point Caneman. Remember Judah also put him down, flash KO, I know Floyd wasn't hurt but he landed. De la Hoya marked him a lil with the jab and then forgot to keep throwing it laugh.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 5 2011, 01:26 PM) *
No problem noWay. Shit happens.

How do you think they would do v Aaron The Hawk Pryor?

Quick question Beardo. Are these fights over 12 or 15 rounds? Does Floyd bust The Hawk for his Panama coloured water bottles?

With Pac hard to say. Manny has incredible quickness, crazy stamina (always has had) and throws from those weird angles. On the other side Pryor has a great chin, massive heart and you would think would be a lot more physically stronger than Manny. I think you could split a couple of fights between them.

I'd say Floyd beats Pryor each time. He has that ability like a prime Roy Jones to stay on the outside against dangerous guys and use his speed and athletic ability to potshot them to death, keep moving and win boring UD.
Romulus9
Pryor destroys both at 140.

Mayweather lasts longer but the fight ends the way the Arguello fights did.

The Pacquiao fight is an all-timer that ends within 6.
gravytrain
QUOTE (caneman @ Jun 5 2011, 06:14 PM) *

obviously, Cane. Pac and Mayweather know what time it's, Sugar Ray Robinson couldn't hold their jocks. the man Mayweather's size fighting full MWs, LHWs and even telling Floyd Patterson the HW champion he could get some if he wants it wouldn't stand a chance.

these new cats are the kings of the ring, twitter, facebook and hype jobs.
caneman
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jun 5 2011, 07:15 PM) *
obviously, Cane. Pac and Mayweather know what time it's, Sugar Ray Robinson couldn't hold their jocks. the man Mayweather's size fighting full MWs, LHWs and even telling Floyd Patterson the HW champion he could get some if he wants it wouldn't stand a chance.

these new cats are the kings of the ring, twitter, facebook and hype jobs.

Yea I hear you but really things are a lot different these days. For one thing, the best didn't have to fight the best to make their money like back then plus I am not sure guys are as tough today! I mean we rarely look @ fighters of the modern era like we do with the greats of the past & why is that? Now days there should be better training, better resources on almost every level yet so many get dissed for the most part! Even greats like Larry Holmes & the man could fight! But it has just gotten worse threw the years with guys like Lennox Lewis! I mean I don't see hardly any of them in the same light as the TRUE ATG's! I mean the old timers were just amazing! Sure I think P4P SRR was the greatest ever but hate look @ Harry Greb...basically the same record as SRR with 100 more wins! He fought I think it was 33 times in 1921 and ducked no one & like you said, he called out HW's & was really a WW!

BTW I think The Hawk would beat them both but both guys would do a bit better then expected cause the Hawk didn't go to the body as much & if they(Pac and Floyd)went to the body it would make things more interesting!
bosco
Aaron Pryor was an animal, he didn't really have 1 punch knockout power. I think floyd would beat him because pryor didn't have good defense and he could be countered easy...floyd handles wild fighters pretty good because of his defense and he makes them miss a lot. Pryor would have his moments but he wouldn't be able to hit floyd enough cleanly because floyd would constantly turn him and counter him
gravytrain
QUOTE (caneman @ Jun 5 2011, 09:11 PM) *
Yea I hear you but really things are a lot different these days. For one thing, the best didn't have to fight the best to make their money like back then plus I am not sure guys are as tough today! I mean we rarely look @ fighters of the modern era like we do with the greats of the past & why is that? Now days there should be better training, better resources on almost every level yet so many get dissed for the most part! Even greats like Larry Holmes & the man could fight! But it has just gotten worse threw the years with guys like Lennox Lewis! I mean I don't see hardly any of them in the same light as the TRUE ATG's! I mean the old timers were just amazing! Sure I think P4P SRR was the greatest ever but hate look @ Harry Greb...basically the same record as SRR with 100 more wins! He fought I think it was 33 times in 1921 and ducked no one & like you said, he called out HW's & was really a WW!

BTW I think The Hawk would beat them both but both guys would do a bit better then expected cause the Hawk didn't go to the body as much & if they(Pac and Floyd)went to the body it would make things more interesting!

i think he would beat them too.

i think the game has just changed and it softened fighters up. boxing has changed just from the DLH era to the Mayweather and Pac era. win or lose DLH took on good opposition, now guys just get to the point where they can sell a PPV themselves and take fights that should be pretty easy on paper.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.