Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pacquiao offered $65M to fight Alvarez in Mexico
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
flip
http://sports.inquirer.net/4365/mexican-mi...fight-in-mexico
MANILA—Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim has offered $65 million to Filipino boxing superstar Manny Pacquiao to fight in Mexico next year with one of Mexico’s up-and-coming fighters.
This was revealed yesterday by Ilocos Sur Gov. Luis “Chavit” Singson, a long-time confidante of Pacquiao, who said that negotiations with Slim, the world’s wealthiest man, have already started and that Pacquiao was interested in the guaranteed money.
Singson’s report came after Top Rank’s Bob Arum revealed that American boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. had turned down a $65 million offer from a Singaporean group to fight Pacquiao.
In a phone interview, Singson said that Slim had told him about his desire to host one of Pacquiao’s fights as a favor to his countrymen who have been looking to see Pacquiao fight on their soil.
The $65 million offer to Pacquiao was guaranteed by Slim, who would pick the Mexican opponent for the world’s best pound-for-pound boxer.
He said Slim is looking at WBC light middleweight champion Saul “Canelo” Alvarez as likely opponent for Pacquiao.
The unbeaten Alvarez is just 21 and holds an awesome 36-0-1 record with 26 knockouts.
Since 1995, Pacquiao has figured in more than a dozen fights with Mexican or Mexican and Mexican-Americans such as Oscar De La Hoya, Erik Morales, Marco Antonio Barrera and Juan Manuel Marquez but he has never fought in Mexico.
He added that unlike Mayweather, Pacquiao would not turn down $65 million especially since he still has to find his match in the ring.
“I think Manny is still at his peak,” said Singson.

Interesting, wonder if pacman will go for 9?
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (flip @ Jun 5 2011, 03:49 PM) *
http://sports.inquirer.net/4365/mexican-mi...fight-in-mexico

Interesting, wonder if pacman will go for 9?

Alvarez? That should be interestin' based on each guy's power, but I think Alvarez isn't as skilled as some people may think. He exposed a few of his flaws in his fight against Matthew Hatton, even though he easily won.
BoxingWizard23
Alvarez?? give me a break. The kid is still theoretically untested. Yes he is the first to KO Baldomir but it was a shot past prime Baldomir at that. Alvarez's handlers are smart the kid wanted Mosley and yet they still ducked him even though he's past his prime. He's still learning. Pacman will just use the usual game plan of the "David vs Goliath" analogy that his team/promo uses in all his fights in the higher weights. If he can fight Alvarez at a catchweight of 154(even though he won't come in not even close to 150) let's get Martinez in there. Blob Arum keeps spewing that bullshit about Martinez doesn't draw crowds for christsakes he had Manny fighting Clottey and stated that the opponent doesn't matter people just wanna see Manny and be entertained. Clear cut bullshit. I believe without Blob Arum Manny would actually fight Martinez as he stated he isn't scared of him but Blob Arum knows Pacman will get fucked up. Let Pacman get rid of these down the hill past primers.Shit might as well call Pacman, Trashman since he dumps out the past primers and useless fighters by the time they fight him. Marquez in November? next will be Chavez Jr. or like it states Alvarez. Two untested champions. Well Chavez was tested didn't see the fight so I can't judge fully till I see it. Pacman needs to fight Ortiz or Berto or Martinez. Only 3 fights I wanna see him in. Not a catchweight Welterweight to put Marquez at a disadvantage knowing that he isn't as fast or powerful coming up. He even requested a 1 lb decrease and the team still said no.SMH. Team Pacman has no integrity. oh. Shout out HazConvincted Lemon and Beardo.
Spyder
The size differential shouldn't be understated.
flip
I take back the 9, it won't be the 9th division belt.

I do agree Canelo is not as skilled, but if the fight happens I think this is the first time that the size differential would actually matter.
FightHypeRules

What are those two from? haven't seen those before. Is that dude a cop that's slamming that chick?
HazConvictedFelonMane
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jun 5 2011, 06:03 PM) *
Alvarez?? give me a break. The kid is still theoretically untested. Yes he is the first to KO Baldomir but it was a shot past prime Baldomir at that. Alvarez's handlers are smart the kid wanted Mosley and yet they still ducked him even though he's past his prime. He's still learning. Pacman will just use the usual game plan of the "David vs Goliath" analogy that his team/promo uses in all his fights in the higher weights. If he can fight Alvarez at a catchweight of 154(even though he won't come in not even close to 150) let's get Martinez in there. Blob Arum keeps spewing that bullshit about Martinez doesn't draw crowds for christsakes he had Manny fighting Clottey and stated that the opponent doesn't matter people just wanna see Manny and be entertained. Clear cut bullshit. I believe without Blob Arum Manny would actually fight Martinez as he stated he isn't scared of him but Blob Arum knows Pacman will get fucked up. Let Pacman get rid of these down the hill past primers.Shit might as well call Pacman, Trashman since he dumps out the past primers and useless fighters by the time they fight him. Marquez in November? next will be Chavez Jr. or like it states Alvarez. Two untested champions. Well Chavez was tested didn't see the fight so I can't judge fully till I see it. Pacman needs to fight Ortiz or Berto or Martinez. Only 3 fights I wanna see him in. Not a catchweight Welterweight to put Marquez at a disadvantage knowing that he isn't as fast or powerful coming up. He even requested a 1 lb decrease and the team still said no.SMH. Team Pacman has no integrity. oh. Shout out HazConvincted Felon and Beardo.

Thanks for the shout out doggy. It's not 'Lemon' though and you know that already eddie.
When people fly out of the their faces, someone will usually call them on their shit. That's an offer that Manny would accept? Yeah? Well let's see exacly how true that is. No Catchweights. None of that bullshit. Fight him for that title that he just vacated. I agree that Canelito is a little on the green side. After Pacquiao defeated Margarito, Canelo gave an interview where he outlined all of the things that Manny has difficulties with. He stated the facts, things that we all know. We know that Manny has difficulties with boxers. Canelo said that the key to defeating Manny Pacquiao is angles. I agree with him in that respect. With that said, I was looking for him to exhibit thise particular techniques when he stepped in the ring with Matthew Hatton, but he did not. He exhibited the same type of behavior that would get him knocked out by Manny Pacquiao and he would be just another Mexican victim of the Mexican Assassin. I think that what you know will work, and what you'd actually do if you were in the ring getting pummeled, is 2 different things. Someone said that every fighter has a gameplan until you get hit. It's not until you get hit. This is boxing! You're GONNA get hit, it's when you get the shit knocked outta you with a huge shot. Getting hit and getting belted is 2 different things. Anyway, Canelo was expected to display certain techniques against Matthew Hatton that he did not. He has to get past this guy he's about to fight. I believe that guy's a middleweight coming down. I'm not sure though. We'll see what comes of this whole ordeal. They tried to make Floyd look like a coward and it'll be funny if it backfires on them. Sometimes it's best to just keep quiet because when you open your mouth, you can paint yourself into a corner. Let's see if Bob Arum's mouth will get his fave fighter and #1 money maker painted into a corner. There comes a time when aiming to discredit someone, can get the focus turned on you. You can be forced into doing what you think the other guy wouldn't want to get forced into doing. Let's see if Manny turns down the same amount of money that they claim Floyd turned down. We see who Carlos Slim is as opposed to this phantom group from Singapore, combined with shady ass folks like Mikey Koncz and Bob Arum. Liars who try to make Floyd look scared when they have no intentions on fighting anyone with half the skill level he has. They won't fight green fighters so why would we think that they're clammering to fight a young, fresh, experienced veteran fighter with a style that's ready made to deal with fighters with Manny's style? Stop it! Sometimes it's better to leave things alone, lest you end up with a problem too big for your hands or you end up looking just like the guy you were bashing in the 1st place.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jun 5 2011, 05:03 PM) *
Alvarez?? give me a break. The kid is still theoretically untested. Yes he is the first to KO Baldomir but it was a shot past prime Baldomir at that. Alvarez's handlers are smart the kid wanted Mosley and yet they still ducked him even though he's past his prime. He's still learning. Pacman will just use the usual game plan of the "David vs Goliath" analogy that his team/promo uses in all his fights in the higher weights. If he can fight Alvarez at a catchweight of 154(even though he won't come in not even close to 150) let's get Martinez in there. Blob Arum keeps spewing that bullshit about Martinez doesn't draw crowds for christsakes he had Manny fighting Clottey and stated that the opponent doesn't matter people just wanna see Manny and be entertained. Clear cut bullshit. I believe without Blob Arum Manny would actually fight Martinez as he stated he isn't scared of him but Blob Arum knows Pacman will get fucked up. Let Pacman get rid of these down the hill past primers.Shit might as well call Pacman, Trashman since he dumps out the past primers and useless fighters by the time they fight him. Marquez in November? next will be Chavez Jr. or like it states Alvarez. Two untested champions. Well Chavez was tested didn't see the fight so I can't judge fully till I see it. Pacman needs to fight Ortiz or Berto or Martinez. Only 3 fights I wanna see him in. Not a catchweight Welterweight to put Marquez at a disadvantage knowing that he isn't as fast or powerful coming up. He even requested a 1 lb decrease and the team still said no.SMH. Team Pacman has no integrity. oh. Shout out HazConvincted Lemon and Beardo.

Mate despite all these salient points you missed the part about the 65 million. There is not a fighter on this earth that I would bash for taking a GUARANTEED 65 million to fight anyone.

None of this has been confirmed yet but I don't see how anyone could take a crack at Manny for saying yes to that deal. If it was Floyd being offered it I'd tell him to take it as well.
JONdaCON817
This is all a Ploy!!... they tryin to get Pac in Mexico so after he beats Alvarez the Mexican Cartel will hold him hostage and demand the 65 milli bacc as ransom...lol.

No but seriously, them mexican gangsters don't fucc around....
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Jun 5 2011, 07:42 PM) *
Thanks for the shout out doggy. It's not 'Lemon' though and you know that already eddie.
When people fly out of the their faces, someone will usually call them on their shit. That's an offer that Manny would accept? Yeah? Well let's see exacly how true that is. No Catchweights. None of that bullshit. Fight him for that title that he just vacated. I agree that Canelito is a little on the green side. After Pacquiao defeated Margarito, Canelo gave an interview where he outlined all of the things that Manny has difficulties with. He stated the facts, things that we all know. We know that Manny has difficulties with boxers. Canelo said that the key to defeating Manny Pacquiao is angles. I agree with him in that respect. With that said, I was looking for him to exhibit thise particular techniques when he stepped in the ring with Matthew Hatton, but he did not. He exhibited the same type of behavior that would get him knocked out by Manny Pacquiao and he would be just another Mexican victim of the Mexican Assassin. I think that what you know will work, and what you'd actually do if you were in the ring getting pummeled, is 2 different things. Someone said that every fighter has a gameplan until you get hit. It's not until you get hit. This is boxing! You're GONNA get hit, it's when you get the shit knocked outta you with a huge shot. Getting hit and getting belted is 2 different things. Anyway, Canelo was expected to display certain techniques against Matthew Hatton that he did not. He has to get past this guy he's about to fight. I believe that guy's a middleweight coming down. I'm not sure though. We'll see what comes of this whole ordeal. They tried to make Floyd look like a coward and it'll be funny if it backfires on them. Sometimes it's best to just keep quiet because when you open your mouth, you can paint yourself into a corner. Let's see if Bob Arum's mouth will get his fave fighter and #1 money maker painted into a corner. There comes a time when aiming to discredit someone, can get the focus turned on you. You can be forced into doing what you think the other guy wouldn't want to get forced into doing. Let's see if Manny turns down the same amount of money that they claim Floyd turned down. We see who Carlos Slim is as opposed to this phantom group from Singapore, combined with shady ass folks like Mikey Koncz and Bob Arum. Liars who try to make Floyd look scared when they have no intentions on fighting anyone with half the skill level he has. They won't fight green fighters so why would we think that they're clammering to fight a young, fresh, experienced veteran fighter with a style that's ready made to deal with fighters with Manny's style? Stop it! Sometimes it's better to leave things alone, lest you end up with a problem too big for your hands or you end up looking just like the guy you were bashing in the 1st place.

Ahh..my apologies Felon. Thought you still go by that since in the other forums I've seen your Lemon moniker which was kinda catchy and different to me. I liked it. But nevertheless. But Canelo will lose if he fights Pacman. No way Blob Arum cash's out Pacman, the only fighter Blob will cash out Pacman against will be Floyd.
Prov0
Honestly i wouldnt mind seeing this fight,i think Pacs Garbage ,not only that Canelo is not going to lay down like any of pacs recent oppenents and Canelo is not a Top rank fighter so thats good..

mosley,margarito,cotto,clottey!! All top rank fighters IMO fixed fights.face it if any of them guys had beat Pac ,Bob would kill himself pac is his cash cow..

So whats sup with this 75 million offer??? Damn thats alot wit a 25 mill signing bonus???
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.