Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lou Dibella Blasts Bob Arum!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
Source: Boxing Scene Credits: Boxing Scene and Ryan Songalia

Chavez Jr. willing to fight Martinez

Arum says, "Martinez is not a PPV attraction"

Dibella says to Arum: "Fuck Off!"

Story here:

http://www.boxingscene.com/dibella-erupts-...martinez--40007

Jack
BoxingStill#1
A round of applause for Dibella.....well put..
caneman
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jun 6 2011, 06:04 AM) *

THIS!!!! They better keep all them away from Maravilla! The funny thing is, I bet the only one @ 160 and down who wants Marvavilla got stopped cold by him in 2 rounds! We need more fighters with like PWill IMO! Maravilla will have trouble getting a fight...too bad he just went up too 160 cause he might find some who might fight him.

Imagine if he was @ 147, Floyd would be telling everyone how he is on roids and how he lost and was stopped...not even thinking if he (PBF) fought Maravilla, it be like he fought 2 Hall of Famers and truly add to his legacy...oh yea legacy don't pay the bills! How fucking dare me think otherwise! I guess the biggest part is PBF is RETIRED and Martinez's name will never come outta Floyd's pie hole I hope Floyd is reading this, I know a few lovers and wannabe lovers are! Just player but had to say it! lolz!
HazConvictedFelonMane
I totally agree with Lou DiBella. For the longest while, many promoters have been saying the same thing. It's becoming sort of a broken record. After Timothy Bradley fought Luis Carlos Abregu, Gary Shaw was in the backdrop screaming 'Arum is afraid'. At the post fight presser, Shaw went on to say that he has some of the best fighters in the world, and in their respective divisions. He makes a claim that Bob Arum is unwilling to risk putting his fighters in the ring with fighters from other stables. There's no way to deny it when the proof is in the pudding. How can Manny Pacquiao be the best fighter in the world, when at this time, he's only fighting guys that come form his stable. That's padded. I know that in 2004 the FBI raided Bob Arum's office, siezed computers, records, and accused him of fixing fights. I also know that Bob Arum has a history of bribing these corrupt organizations so he's not really the most trusted source of information. I just find it odd how they can do all of that poppin' about PBF, while they go way beyond ducking fighters. They actually don't even do business with any other promotional company. Manny needs to be beating up on more than just top rank fighters if he wants to earn my nod for his P4P status. He has to take those tests as well.
Method
Seriously. How the fuck did Chavez, Jr. amass 40+ fights? Where the fuck have I been?
thehype
As much as I agree with Lou DiBella, as far as money is concerned, Bob Arum is right. He's much better off making Cotto vs. Chavez Jr.

And if you haven't figured it out by now, Bob Arum ALWAYS puts business decisions ahead of the desire of fans. I really hope people weren't expecting Martinez to get a crack at Chavez Jr. now that he won.

laugh.gif

And as far as Chavez Jr. being stripped by the WBC, I HIGHLY DOUBT that Mexican organization is going to take away the first title won by the son of the living legend Julio Cesar Chavez. LOL. Expect Cotto vs. Chavez Jr. later this year. That will give Margarito a little more time to heal, come back in 2012, and fight the winner of that fight...or heck, he could even fight the loser of that fight. Bob Arum is about to get PAID! CHA-FUCKING-CHING!

laugh.gif
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (thehype @ Jun 6 2011, 09:12 AM) *
As much as I agree with Lou DiBella, as far as money is concerned, Bob Arum is right. He's much better off making Cotto vs. Chavez Jr.

And if you haven't figured it out by now, Bob Arum ALWAYS puts business decisions ahead of the desire of fans. I really hope people weren't expecting Martinez to get a crack at Chavez Jr. now that he won.

laugh.gif

And as far as Chavez Jr. being stripped by the WBC, I HIGHLY DOUBT that Mexican organization is going to take away the first title won by the son of the living legend Julio Cesar Chavez. LOL. Expect Cotto vs. Chavez Jr. later this year. That will give Margarito a little more time to heal, come back in 2012, and fight the winner of that fight...or heck, he could even fight the loser of that fight. Bob Arum is about to get PAID! CHA-FUCKING-CHING!

laugh.gif

It wouldn't matter if its Cotto or Martinez, JCC jr is gettin slept either way.. he's wayyyy too hittable.. those shots landed by Zbik (the Malignaggi of the MW division) were flush but powerless.. he woulda been out cold had it been anyone with decent power...
BoxingWizard23
As expected of Blob Arum. This is a business and Blob is probably the best at swindling off the fans for money next to Don King. Mayweather won't fight Martinez until he builds his name up more and that won't be probably till next year or later on this year. Martinez will never fight non of Blobs fighters unless he's cashing out.
JONdaCON817
LMAO @ DiBella goin hard in the paint on Arum...lol
Allmenjoi8
Lou is going to have to say sorry if he wants his fighters against Top Rank, see Golden Boy. Arum may even sue Dibella for his comments. Arum seems to be so sensitive of late. He needs to go somewhere (Arum) and sit down. I am so tired of this man.
neophyte7
dibella is no angel --FUCK DIBELLA... he told hops to pay him 50,000 to get fights on hbo while working there... he sued hops (from all account) for slander and libel yet I am sure hops WAS TELLING THE TRUTH. dibella aint shit--- he thought Taylor was the next great middleweight LMAO...
BoxingWizard23
Only Pac fans wouldn't agree with Dibella like that guy said in the comment article. As more fans realize this the less money Blob Arum will make. He will be forced to send his fighters to up their competition. It's sad Martinez is now the most avoided fighter. People say Pirog will beat him and I tell you right now all the kid got is solid power, good chin but no defence. Martinez would just toy with him with his speed and agility. Pirog might get a KD or two but Martinez will be the first to stop him. It's also sad that I believe the only fighter 147 and down that who will willingly fight him would be Mayweather. Of course everyone will say he won't but ya said the same when Mosley called him out. Then ya said Mosley will KO him and end his streak. Then ya said Mosley's old. It'll be the same with Martinez. Floyd is ducking Martinez. Oh Floyd signed to fight now it's Floyd will get whooped or KO'd by Martinez. Then it'll be Martinez is shop worned from his top tier competition fights or his old. SMH.. Martinez deserves a big fight and I believe he will get it next year against Floyd.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Method @ Jun 6 2011, 10:05 AM) *
Seriously. How the fuck did Chavez, Jr. amass 40+ fights? Where the fuck have I been?

rap.gif
Im asking the same question. This spoiled lazy brat did not impress me at all on Saturday! He rides his father's name while ruining the Chavez name at the same time. He still is an unknown fighter on top of all that. His father's legacy cant be duplicated and obviously this waste of sperm cant even live up to his own potential (or lack there of). He never even attempted to pursue an amateur career and begged his father to let him go pro...doesn't this sound like a spoiled child to anybody? A spoiled child never knows/appreciates the hard work and effort required to achieve things, they just want what they want...period. Hope they dont put him there with Cotto or Martinez any time soon (though their clocks are ticking), or he is going to get discouraged and have to start from scratch.
Fitz
QUOTE (thehype @ Jun 7 2011, 12:12 AM) *

laugh.gif

I'm pretty sure that is the point DiBella was trying to make in the article.
Prov0
I liked the article. I feel that Bob is hurting Boxing in general and that all Top Ranks fights are fixed,everytime they throw a fight u kno in ur head whos going to win ..Chavez jr vs Cotto .aint No way Cotto wins..Cotto is done theres no way he beats Chavez ,Bob can bliw Chavez up .Boxing has been waiting for the next Mexican boxer!

And lou was right soon as Chavez fights anyone good ,he'll get his ass whooped,unless its a Top rank fighter..
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (Prov0 @ Jun 6 2011, 06:08 PM) *
I liked the article. I feel that Bob is hurting Boxing in general and that all Top Ranks fights are fixed,everytime they throw a fight u kno in ur head whos going to win ..Chavez jr vs Cotto .aint No way Cotto wins..Cotto is done theres no way he beats Chavez ,Bob can bliw Chavez up .Boxing has been waiting for the next Mexican boxer!

And lou was right soon as Chavez fights anyone good ,he'll get his ass whooped,unless its a Top rank fighter..

Your outta your mind.. maybe he gets robbed if it goes to decision but Cotto will put him to sleep with a single left hook... Body or Head where do you want it??... cuz Cottos speed is better or equal to that of Zbik but his power is 10x better then Zbiks. He'll put Princess Julia in a coma.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Jun 6 2011, 08:29 PM) *
Your outta your mind.. maybe he gets robbed if it goes to decision but Cotto will put him to sleep with a single left hook... Body or Head where do you want it??... cuz Cottos speed is better or equal to that of Zbik but his power is 10x better then Zbiks. He'll put Princess Julia in a coma.

I tend to agree. Just about any opponent that Chavez Jr. fights could get robbed on a decision because Chavez is Julio's kid and the WBC will try to protect him for as long as they can. However, I thought the scoring for Chavez Jr.-Zebik was fair.

Certainly, Cotto is a shell of his former self, but unless he needs a cane to climb the ring steps, he still should have enough left to beat Chavez Jr, basically because there is nothing that Chavez Jr. does or can do to keep Cotto off of him. (Or really any legit top contender.) Cotto hits harder, has more experience, yes Cotto cuts, but Chavez Jr. does not punch hard enough to cause damage. There's nothing that Chavez Jr. can do to trouble Cotto. Chavez Jr. is the Leon Spinks of championship belt-holders right now. He got their off the Chavez name with the blessings of the WBC, because of the Chavez name and that is it! Chavez Jr. will lose with the first big puncher he faces, and the WBC will give him an honorary Diamond Belt, which is never defended but is a commemorative thing because he's Julio's kid, and that will be the end of the Chavez era.

Everyone knows that. Chavez Jr. will be done when he fights a top fighter. The WBC just has to extend his "Bum of the Month Tour" for maybe a year by fighting no-hopers. Than when he loses to some big money maker, this fluke will be gone from boxing.

Jack
Prov0
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Jun 6 2011, 09:29 PM) *

I agree i think Cotto would whoop his ass! What i meant is the fight would be fixed.Cotto wont win that fight! Bob will pay cotto off u really think Bob would throw Chavez too loose? Chavez could be huge for Bob .he dont.care about Cotto look he made him defend his 147 title at 145.

Remember if it dont make money then it dont make sense especially when it comes to Top Rank !
Prov0
I agree with everyone who thinks Chavez is garbage.i just strongly feel that he aibt going to loose anytime soon i think Bob is dirty and i think Top Rank fights are fixed.if Chavez beats Plasterito and Cotto he would be HUGE and generate Bob Huge money he is the son of a Legend !
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Prov0 @ Jun 6 2011, 10:01 PM) *
I agree with everyone who thinks Chavez is garbage.i just strongly feel that he aibt going to loose anytime soon i think Bob is dirty and i think Top Rank fights are fixed.if Chavez beats Plasterito and Cotto he would be HUGE and generate Bob Huge money he is the son of a Legend !

I don't think fights are fixed in the sense of knowing the outcome in advance. The repercussions are very severe for this, and promoters could lose their licenses if they were convicted of this. HOWEVER, I think that judges FAVOR fighters with the better record, or promoter, and give him close rounds. I won't say fight "fixing." But I will say "Fight Favoritism." Journeymen fighters always almost always need four knockdowns in a fight just to get a draw. I think from time to time overt fixing can happen with journeymen fighters, but I think overt fixing of fights, like boxing would be related to wrestling in terms of pre-determined outcomes, I think that is extremely rare.

Top Rank isn't any more or less guilty than Don King or Golden Boy for their in-house protection of fighters. I mean, if you were a promoter, would you want to lose your fighter to an outside promoter where you no longer had control of him? Promoters do that, because the current business model of boxing allows them to do it. The same thing with HBO and Showtime as rival boxing networks. To solve the problem, fighters should no longer enter into long-term contracts with a certain network or ANY promoter. Promoters and networks BID for the best fights on an individual fight basis. Whoever gets the most competitive fight, gets the fight. If it is rival promoters and they can't agree, it goes to a purse bid with an arbitrator deciding maybe 60%-40% for fighter A on the purse, BUT fighter B has to get some options in the contract because he is getting the smaller purse.

Too much of boxing is everything going to one promoter or network or nothing at all, and that's why the big fights a lot of times don't happen.

Jack
Prov0
Jack! Clottey vs Pac u dont think that fight was fixed?
In 2000 didnt Bob admit if federal court that he bribed the IBF pres. To favor one of his fighters?
In 2004 FBI agents raided Bob Arums office looking for evidence on the Mosley vs Oscar rematch because there were talks about thay fight being fixed

I think Mosley took a dive to loose,just like Clottey and Margarito..
King Eugene
I think folks are being a little hard on Lil Cha Cha(Chavez Jr.). I think he wants the big fights but his promoter is trying to tug him in a different direction. I bet he'd sign a contract to fight Martinez in a heartbeat. Whether he wins or not is a different story. I dont think he is trying to pad his record. I believe he wants the best. If he wants to be anything like his father he is probably itching to get in there with Martinez. We rarely hear from him, its always Arum talking for him and we all know how much of Arum's words can be trusted.

The Cotto fight isn't a bad fight unless its a 160. Hell I dont want to see Cotto over 147 let a lone 154 but hey its a business. Lil Cha Cha is tough, he'll stick his nose in there and fight.

Correct me if I'm wrong but a lot of good non-American fighters turned pro as a teenager with no amatuer career correct?
gravytrain
i think protecting Chavez Jr is kind of expected, i just don't like how Arum always goes back and forth on a fighter's credibility. Martinez took the hard way to the top and nobody is giving him any breaks when it comes to making it to the next level attention wise, Arum is a straight up asshole to try to diminish what Martinez has done when most boxing fans probably enjoy his fights.
The Original MrFactor
Are we sure thats Chavez's kid. He sure looks a lot like Oscar De La Hoya. He's tall, he's got a huge watermelon...
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jun 6 2011, 07:04 AM) *

I know, right? Lou said all that needs to be said.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jun 7 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Are we sure thats Chavez's kid. He sure looks a lot like Oscar De La Hoya. He's tall, he's got a huge watermelon...

Lol.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (Prov0 @ Jun 6 2011, 09:50 PM) *
I agree i think Cotto would whoop his ass! What i meant is the fight would be fixed.Cotto wont win that fight! Bob will pay cotto off u really think Bob would throw Chavez too loose? Chavez could be huge for Bob .he dont.care about Cotto look he made him defend his 147 title at 145.

Remember if it dont make money then it dont make sense especially when it comes to Top Rank !

Yeaa I kinda figured... there would be an uproar from the PR community if Cotto got robbed tho.. and I can't say "fixed" as much as favored.. that's deff the case. Zbik was actually a good fight.. it was called pretty fair and he did look a lot better but JCC jr style isn't gonna work vs Cotto. He needs to fight from the outside but doesn't. He's extremely hittable when he juss stands in front of you forehead to forehead....
Prov0
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Jun 7 2011, 11:21 AM) *
Yeaa I kinda figured... there would be an uproar from the PR community if Cotto got robbed tho.. and I can't say "fixed" as much as favored.. that's deff the case. Zbik was actually a good fight.. it was called pretty fair and he did look a lot better but JCC jr style isn't gonna work vs Cotto. He needs to fight from the outside but doesn't. He's extremely hittable when he juss stands in front of you forehead to forehead....

I agree with what ur saying. The Zbik fight was good .the thing is he was the Champ in that fight ,Chavez didnt do enuff to take it from him .i think the fightshould have been a draw.
Now Cotto is way better than Chavez i agree about Chavez being hittable .i just think Bob is a scum and i honestly feel there is no way Bob lets Cotto win that
Fight"

Now if Cotto wasnt with Top Rank then id take Cotto! But since hes a Top Rank fighter the night they fight watch Cotto will look tired not pulling the trigger the weight issue ,Something will be wrng with him .Watch"!
BoxingFan86
"Make a differentiation between the business of boxin' and the sport of boxin'. Bob Arum has been a brilliant businessman for boxin', but he's been an atrocity for the sport of boxin'."

I think that may be the most authentic quote (regardin' Arum) I've read in my life. It describes him with perfection.
HaydelHammer
LMAO at Dibella on vs mosley being the worst PPV fight in HISTORY. LMFAO
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.