Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Preview and Poll! Mayweather vs. Ortiz:September 17th
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Harvey
Berto is a good fighter but has he met his match and is ortiz ready to move foward against the top dogs in his class to me nethier one of them are ready for the top dogs and you know who they are in their weight class but they are a good match up for each other outside of that to me they are not ready for the next level maybe a fight with mosely I can see that but me personally I don't care to see mosley fight anymore (What do you think)
JONdaCON817
That's a lot of questions for a single thread..lol. in short,

Ortiz/Berto II will be the same outcome... cept maybe Ortiz will score a KO.
Berto is overrated IMO
Ortiz is better off moving forward.. he proved himself vs Berto..
Ide watch Ortiz vs Pac but it'd be a one sided beating with Pac winning by KO.
Ortiz/Mosley could be interesting but I wouldn't pay to watch it.. and most ppl won't... not PPV worthy.

Maybe Mosley should fight Berto... that might be a better bet.. ide like to see who'd come out on top coming off an embarassing loss....
Cshel86
Great observation! I honestly believe that Ortiz is "more" prepared for better fighters. He suffered that terrible loss to Maidana, doubted himself, took a bad bashing from the media, and was able to bounce back with this big win. Berto has never experienced a loss, so we will never know how good he really is until he successfully bounces back. Ortiz being his redemption bout?! Bad choice in my book...he was lucky to finish the first fight on his feet. Counting all of the action and knockdowns in the first fight, it does call for a rematch...but not this soon. Ortiz has a chance to make some big money now, and Berto may not want to gamble his chances of dropping his stock...it couldn't easily gone down after the Ortiz fight. He handled Berto, and there shouldn't be any questions about that.
neophyte7
I don't like Berto but he was inactive... the next fight could be different.... Berto is talented and has speed. He hung in there and finished on his feet. Taking a rematch shows his confidence and guts. I like Ortiz . Hardworker in there, yet the next fight could see a better prepared Berto hand him ass...
Prov0
Id watch this fight again. I still see the same outcome.maybe a better fight from Berto ,he looked tired and not focused that night.
One thing im intetested in Will there be random drug testing for this fight? Berto was recently talkin shit saying Ortiz is on PEDS.
BoxingStill#1
Ok so now it is confirmed by none other than Floyed himself that the 65 mil wasn't brought directly to him by Al Hayman...or anyone else who would be dealing business with him...

The time is now 12:20pm...lol..

I've been checking Floyed Twitter over and over....

I was wonder if anyone knows or thinks the $75 mil offer has anything to do with it?
BoxingStill#1
Okay nvm... just flipped to the main page and saw the announcement!!

ORTIZ!!!!.....

I love it...
thehype
Nah...you just gotta adjust your clock to CPT time.

laugh.gif
Maxy
Fans need to make a stand against this kinda bullshit. People need to boycott this and send out the message that they will not tolerate being messed around anymore.
HazConvictedFelonMane
However he wants to do it! He can outbox Ortiz with great ease, but if he wants to have a dog fight, it can be a dog fight. I prefer the flat foot version of Floyd Mayweather where he sits down on his shots and they are super clean. Everytime he lands a punch, it always carries a huge thud.
So much for Mr. 'I bribe people' Arum's jabber about not wanting to face a southpaw. So much for all of the ducking talk. As it stands today, Bob Arum is the one that avoids people. Bob Arum said the same thing that Floyd said to Brian Kenny when they had their classic arguement. Floyd said that Shane was not a PPV attraction. I thought that was complete rubbish and it was a way to avoid Mosley. I felt that he was scared. I played into the hype of Floyd being nervey becuase of the way he acted when they bum rushed his interview. Even on fight night, it looked like Floyd didn't wanna come out of the back. He walked towards the ring with a different stride than he normally has and it looked as if he had to fight with himself to overcome his own fear. I'm not scared of Shane Mosley, I'm not scared of no fighter. He studdered and he looked like he was cracking up inside. Once he went in and faced what he had to face, he proved me and many others wrong.
Now, here we go again. Floyd Mayweather going above and beyond the call of duty to prove to the world what a P4P top fighter is supposed to do. He's doing what Manny Pacquiao refuses to do. He's not looking for a fighter that's pushing 40 because the world will crucify him for doing that. We know that Floyd's astronomically good at what he does so there is no excuse fir him not to target fighters that have the potential to knock his head off. Bob Arum refuses to give any emerging superstar the chance to unseat his main money maker. That's bitch ass shit! True bitch shit! Someone has to give the young fighters a chance. The same way Genaro Hernandez (in our prayers) gave Floyd a chance, Floyd gives Ortiz a chance. Manny Pacquiao loses the crown by default to FMJ. At least he has the stones to step up and do what he has to do. After Floyd owns Ortiz, Manny can get some too. Wage those titles in a mega showdown and get yo' ass whooped like a man, or fade out.
Harvey
This fight could be intresting but than again not if ortiz comes at mayweather like he did berto he is done.I do give ortiz camp props for getting mayweather to fight him insted of a rematch with berto it will be definitely a nice payday for ortiz and berto can take on mosley for his next fight because berto and mosley have alot to prove after their last fight. But in all I hope this is the coming of a mayweather and pac man fight and this fight will let ortiz know where he stands as a skilled boxer this should not be to hard for mayweather he might just carry him through the fight as if its a sparring match for what I see thats all this is(What Do You Think)?
Cshel86
Hahahaha!!! Floyd shitted all over Berto and then saved his ass at the same time! He just crushed Berto's dreams of an immediate rematch with Ortiz that he was crying over, but he saved Berto's ass from Ortiz in a second fight...which probably would've ended in a KO! haha.gif
Too bad Berto's not his own boss, so he has to wait on his promoter hand-and-foot. Honestly, GBP was already planning on looking past Berto anyway...there are too many other good fights out there for Ortiz to go back and fight somebody that handled.
Sunni6Killer
Floyd is on another level.
Ortiz is good, but Floyd is better.
Pacquaio is the only fighter out there on the same level as Floyd.
Ortiz needs to take as much of Floyd's legs as possible with body shots.
Speed kills.
Can't wait to see this.
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Harvey @ Jun 7 2011, 01:16 PM) *
This fight could be intresting but than again not if ortiz comes at mayweather like he did berto he is done.I do give ortiz camp props for getting mayweather to fight him insted of a rematch with berto it will be definitely a nice payday for ortiz and berto can take on mosley for his next fight because berto and mosley have alot to prove after their last fight. But in all I hope this is the coming of a mayweather and pac man fight and this fight will let ortiz know where he stands as a skilled boxer this should not be to hard for mayweather he might just carry him through the fight as if its a sparring match for what I see thats all this is(What Do You Think)?

This is not a sparring match....

This will be a great challenge and a great fight...

Ortiz is fundamentally sound,.. young.. and very hungry..

This is going to be a great for the sport..

Win this one and Unify with Pacman next year...
BoxingStill#1
Much respect for Floyed taking on the young, hungry, fighter.....

Floyed wins this he can Unify with Pac maybe early next year....
mrwigi

i completely agree. I believe in a rematch we would see a different berto. He really didnt seem like himself in there. Ortiz had a decent defense, but anytime u walk forward throwing punched, you leave yourself open. Berto SHOULD be able to counter a lot better if they do fight again.

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Jun 7 2011, 07:38 AM) *
Great observation! I honestly believe that Ortiz is "more" prepared for better fighters. He suffered that terrible loss to Maidana, doubted himself, took a bad bashing from the media, and was able to bounce back with this big win. Berto has never experienced a loss, so we will never know how good he really is until he successfully bounces back. Ortiz being his redemption bout?! Bad choice in my book...he was lucky to finish the first fight on his feet. Counting all of the action and knockdowns in the first fight, it does call for a rematch...but not this soon. Ortiz has a chance to make some big money now, and Berto may not want to gamble his chances of dropping his stock...it couldn't easily gone down after the Ortiz fight. He handled Berto, and there shouldn't be any questions about that.

mrwigi
Victor will get punished all night. Not taking anything away from him, but he just cant compete with floyd.
Mikep9388
Mayweather bout to slaughter this dude ! Victor ortiz is a good challenger cuz he's put in his work but against the greatest he has 0 chance! Andre berto knocked this dude down and prolly could've won if his head was on straight. Just imagine wut Floyd gnna do to this dude. who you know tht can take years off and come back to fight and whoop up on champions!? Floyd bout to remind the world why hes the greatest! Seriously tho what can the Floyd haters say about this fight? he's not doin a 3rd rematch wit sum1 he should've already Beaten twice! He's not fighting sum1 coming off losses! He's going up against a young and worthy champion! Leggo!
Prov0
I like this fight.Ortiz is young and hungry but theres no way he beats Floyd ,Floyd will tag him all night with counters this fight gets stopped in 10 due to Ortiz cuts.

And Pac fans dont start hating cause Floyd is fighting Ortiz .if ur boy didnt agree to fight JMM or take the test he would be the one getting his ass skooled in Sept.

The CEO
Today is a good day.
Spyder
I'm so happy that Floyd has answered our prayers...truly merciful is He!

...we've waited long enough.
The CEO
Ortiz was a good/smart choice....I give him a 15% shot....oughta collect a meaty check too...
BoxingWizard23
Great Fight. Mayweather hasn't fought in almost 2 years and he's taking on a good opponent not a tune up fight for a title from a younger and hungry plus stronger opponent. I see Mayweather winning this UD. Mayweather is too skilled, too crafty, more smarter, has more experience all across the board should be a good victory for Mayweather. This shows that he'll be fighting a more dangerous opponent than Pacman once again. Instead of Pacman unifying with a more confident Ortiz he went and fight Marquez 3 yrs later and at a welterweight catchweight of 145 lb's knowing Marquez will be slower at that weight. SMH. May wins again while Pacman allows his team to do more damage. Can't wait for this fight.
Spyder

...we've waited long enough.
The Original MrFactor
I'd rather see him fight Bradley. Ortiz is ok though. I would have loved to see him against Cotto, but I understand his desire to keep away from Arum...
HazConvictedFelonMane
It doesn't matter. Manny Pacquaio's been engaging in lopsided fights with older guys. Floyd's taking on a fighter 10 years his junior. What stands out to me is the fact that Floyd is once again involved in a fight that he can very well lose. When he wins these type of fights, it only adds to the legend of a fighter who's always on the ball, and handles his business in that squared circle. Call him a coward pactards, but make sure when you call him that, you remember that he's the one taking on the real challenges while Manny's lying in wait for the remains of fighters that went through the grinder. Viva Floyd Mayweather! We know who the real P4P King is.
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Jun 7 2011, 02:36 PM) *
It doesn't matter. Manny Pacquaio's been engaging in lopsided fights with older guys. Floyd's taking on a fighter 10 years his junior. What stands out to me is the fact that Floyd is once again involved in a fight that he can very well lose. When he wins these type of fights, it only adds to the legend of a fighter who's always on the ball, and handles his business in that squared circle. Call him a coward pactards, but make sure when you call him that, you remember that he's the one taking on the real challenges while Manny's lying in wait for the remains of fighters that went through the grinder. Viva Floyd Mayweather! We know who the real P4P King is.

Cosign Felon!! Pactards are the only ones denying that May is facing once again tougher opposition than Pacman. He is the real P4P King and fuck Dan Fatfeal he still discredited May for picking Ortiz what Pac nut hugger SMH. May is facing another opponent who is bigger and stronger than him and this time younger. Long Live Mayweather The best in this Era. LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jun 7 2011, 02:36 PM) *
I'd rather see him fight Bradley. Ortiz is ok though. I would have loved to see him against Cotto, but I understand his desire to keep away from Arum...

No my friend it's the other way around. May been wanted to fight Cotto back when he was with Bottom Rank. Back when Cotto was undefeated and just getting to his prime. Blob Arum is the one that didn't allow Cotto to fight Mayweather. And Bradley is holding off so his contract with Gary Shaw can run out. I believe he will sign to Bottom Rank to fight Pacman or GB for May. We'll see. This is not an ok fight, it's a great fight. Everyone has been complaining he doesn't face a dangerous, strong and young opponent where here it is. People will never be satisfied with May. What if he Stops Ortiz in lesser round that Marcos did people will still try to discredit this man. People need to enjoy May while he's still here because when he officially leaves more people will miss him or miss hating on him than they think. Can't Wait.
HazConvictedFelonMane
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jun 7 2011, 01:52 PM) *
Much respect for Floyed taking on the young, hungry, fighter.....

Floyed wins this he can Unify with Pac maybe early next year....

PacMan doesn't want that and niether does Bob Arum and the rest of the Manny Pacquiao circus. I'm going to be paying close attention to Bob Arum in the coming weeks. I'm interested in seeing what he has to say. He just had a video with Elie Seckbach (reporting) entitled Arum puts Mayweather on blast, where he went on to dog Floyd. Then last weekend, he showed us how much of a coward he is by claiming that Martinez is not a PPV attraction. Martinez will kick Chavez' ass and Arum knows it. Cotto fights at 154 these days. We have no interest in a fight between the 2 of them. Cotto to Margarito and Chavez to Martinez. Nothing else will suffice. This will only prove that Arum's throwing accusations of ducking around, while he's the biggest duck i the game. He knows those fighters will get owned. When 2 promotional companies come together and produce a fight, we get fights like Ortiz Vs Berto. That fight was exciting. Bob Arum wants to make as much money as he can, while he gives the public the weakest fights possible. KILL BOB ARUM with a dull, rusty steak knife. That's what he's doing to the sport of boxing.
Sunni6Killer
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jun 7 2011, 11:36 AM) *

Bradley at WW?
xxxxxx
I don't see this is a lopsided fight at all. First of all Ortiz has been active and Mayweather has not. Second of all Ortiz is a southpaw with good speed and power. Not to mention the WBC Welterweight Champion. He has youth on his side also. He will test Mayweather and this could get interesting. With that said Mayweather wins.
TheFonz
This fight is legit. Actually this is the most legit fight Floyd has had in the last 5 years.
TheFonz
Boy, the Floyd nut garggling has shot to an all time high around these parts.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Ortiz is going to beat Mayweather....Yea I said it. Ortiz has underrated hand speed, and will put that pressure on Floyd. He's not going to be scared in there like Mosley and Marquez were. Marquez was too small, while Mosley would never have put up a solid fight against Mayweather. Styles make fights, and this is a huge mistake by Floyd. He's fought two fights in the past four years, and no matter what anybody says, if you're in with a tough opponent it makes a different. We've already seen what happens when Mayweather gets caught clean. He was wobbled badly against Mosley. Ortiz hits A LOT harder than Mosley, and showed that he can carry the power up in weight when he dropped Berto more than once. He hurt Berto badly. Ortiz will be confident going into the match, considering he hasn't lost for two years and is coming off the biggest win of his career. Mayweather isn't going to just keep Ortiz off with a jab, and he won't just be able to pot-shot on the outside. He will have to work, and that's where the ring rust will show. Ortiz is going to jump him and hurt him early. Mayweather won't survive this time and be able to adjust like he did against Mosley.
mexi-cutioner
To all the Debbie Downers Shutup and quit complaining about how this fight is gonna be lopsided or about how Ortiz is gonna get slaughtered. Aside from Pacquiao, this was probably one of the best matchups that can be made at this point in time. Mayweather's no longer a young fighter and having been out of the sport for a year and a half, this will be a GREAT fight especially with all the momentum Ortiz is riding coming off that big win over Andre Berto. I am looking forward to this fight and it'll definitely be great for the sport.

ON a side note, Mayweather isn't as honest as those fighthype exclusive vids made him seen. Pretty sure he denied all the Mayweather-Ortiz rumors when it was clearly being negotiated and discussed. The dude says and does what he needs to to get publicity and his word is as reliable as Bob Arum or any other dude in the sport of boxing
JONdaCON817
I said Pac vs Ortiz would be better then the 1 sided beating hes gonna give JMM...

May vs Victor is gonna be fire....
gravytrain
the fight makes sense and isn't a bad tuneup. the only problem is Pac and Mayweather are about to go back to fighting leftovers and talking about how great they're. watch Pac take on Ortiz after Mayweather.

HaydelHammer
now that this fight is in stone vs PBF and tests will be performed I'm interested to see if Ortiz will show up with that same "body" he showed up with vs ortiz (that same body he's NEVER had before the berto match) ?

Very interesting indeed.
Jack 1000
This is a good fight for Floyd. He should win, but there might be one or two shocks along the way. I see Floyd getting dropped once and maybe stunned a couple of times because of Ortiz's power. If a shelled Mosley had Floyd in trouble in round 2, Ortiz could do the same.

However, I think once Floyd gets outside and starts jabbing and moving he will be too fast for Ortiz Floyd by UD around 8-4 twice and 7-5 on the cards.

Jack
Allmenjoi8
Well we know who pac is going to fight next. Ortiz is young, hungry, and confident. And unlike Pac he is fighting someone in their 20s!!!! So rather or not this is a legitimate fight according to some fans, he at least is fighting someone that can fight back and is not forty. Big props to Money May all day. I will be ordering this fight, can't wait to see it, Welcome back Floyd, we have missed you. Exciting day for boxing.... Wonder what new lie Arum will come up with?
Box in Hand
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Jun 7 2011, 12:36 PM) *

This move does make Manny a little bad once again. By Floyd taking on a young hard hitting lion he ups Manny who has cherry picked damaged fighters. Expect some thrills but May picks the young boy apart and wins his WBC strap back again.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Jun 7 2011, 11:13 AM) *
However he wants to do it! He can outbox Ortiz with great ease, but if he wants to have a dog fight, it can be a dog fight. I prefer the flat foot version of Floyd Mayweather where he sits down on his shots and they are super clean. Everytime he lands a punch, it always carries a huge thud.
So much for Mr. 'I bribe people' Arum's jabber about not wanting to face a southpaw. So much for all of the ducking talk. As it stands today, Bob Arum is the one that avoids people. Bob Arum said the same thing that Floyd said to Brian Kenny when they had their classic arguement. Floyd said that Shane was not a PPV attraction. I thought that was complete rubbish and it was a way to avoid Mosley. I felt that he was scared. I played into the hype of Floyd being nervey becuase of the way he acted when they bum rushed his interview. Even on fight night, it looked like Floyd didn't wanna come out of the back. He walked towards the ring with a different stride than he normally has and it looked as if he had to fight with himself to overcome his own fear. I'm not scared of Shane Mosley, I'm not scared of no fighter. He studdered and he looked like he was cracking up inside. Once he went in and faced what he had to face, he proved me and many others wrong.
Now, here we go again. Floyd Mayweather going above and beyond the call of duty to prove to the world what a P4P top fighter is supposed to do. He's doing what Manny Pacquiao refuses to do. He's not looking for a fighter that's pushing 40 because the world will crucify him for doing that. We know that Floyd's astronomically good at what he does so there is no excuse fir him not to target fighters that have the potential to knock his head off. Bob Arum refuses to give any emerging superstar the chance to unseat his main money maker. That's bitch ass shit! True bitch shit! Someone has to give the young fighters a chance. The same way Genaro Hernandez (in our prayers) gave Floyd a chance, Floyd gives Ortiz a chance. Manny Pacquiao loses the crown by default to FMJ. At least he has the stones to step up and do what he has to do. After Floyd owns Ortiz, Manny can get some too. Wage those titles in a mega showdown and get yo' ass whooped like a man, or fade out.

Well said.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Jun 7 2011, 02:25 PM) *
now that this fight is in stone vs PBF and tests will be performed I'm interested to see if Ortiz will show up with that same "body" he showed up with vs ortiz (that same body he's NEVER had before the berto match) ?

Very interesting indeed.

Interesting point. Even though he might have been on something Floyd was at the fight and had to see loads he could expose in Ortiz even at that top form.
Jack 1000
Floyd Mayweather is scheduled to return to the ring September 17th against WBC Welterweight Champion Victor Ortiz! Please Vote and Comment in the Poll. To attempt to prevent 100 Mayweather threads about the Ortiz fight from clogging up the board between now and September 17th, please comment about the fight in this pinned thread provided.

Is this a good fight? Easy victory for Floyd? Hard Victory for Floyd? Can Ortiz pull off the upset in what has been the YEAR of upsets?

Vote and comment now!

Jack

Administrator

Jack 1000
Just to confirm what I posted before I pinned up what will be one of our hottest topics ever! I am taking Floyd by close decision, with the power of Ortiz showing a couple of times. Maybe Floyd will get dropped or stunned in the interim early. But once he adjusts to sharp shooting on the outside in the middle to late rounds, he should win around 116-112 twice and 115-113.

Ortiz is a good challenge, good enough to hurt Floyd, but probably not good enough to win.

Jack
jlupi
MW is at an age where speed/reflexes can drop off at any time.
boxtop123
QUOTE (jlupi @ Jun 7 2011, 05:29 PM) *
MW is at an age where speed/reflexes can drop off at any time.

you are correct my friend but floyds skills have not diminished to that level yet thus the reason for his dominance
JONdaCON817
I chose May by KO... I think he wins by stoppage late... if Ortiz can be dropped by Berto then he can deff be KD by Mayweather... especially when being countered and off balance.. I can see May being stunned a couple times early but once he gets his timing down it'll be a land slide victory in a hard fought battle.... I wish this fight was in the states tho.... I woulda loved to see it live...

I wonder if we'll see someone like Canelo as the co-main event being that its in Mexico?...

Any guesses on the undercard??
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jun 7 2011, 05:07 PM) *
Just to confirm what I posted before I pinned up what will be one of our hottest topics ever! I am taking Floyd by close decision, with the power of Ortiz showing a couple of times. Maybe Floyd will get dropped or stunned in the interim early. But once he adjusts to sharp shooting on the outside in the middle to late rounds, he should win around 116-112 twice and 115-113.

Ortiz is a good challenge, good enough to hurt Floyd, but probably not good enough to win.

Jack

I second this....

I see the card relatively the same because of the possible knockdowns...

I think the difference is going to be Ortiz jab, southpaw, and his conditioning...

Does anyone see a K.O/TKO for PBF?... jus sayin,..
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I actually see a TKO for Ortiz being the more likely. Mayweather was stunned by another southpaw in Chop Chop Corley, and Ortiz is a sneaky fighter. He timed his shots nicely against Berto, and took the fight too him. I also see Ortiz's jab being an advantage. However, I think the right hook for Ortiz will be a larger factor. Orthodox fighters are not used to seeing the right hook from that angle, and he'll put pressure on Floyd and not let him just shake the rust off easily. Not fighting for 16 months will hurt Floyd this time. I see him getting stopped in 3, as crazy as that sounds. Ortiz won't let him off the hook like Mosley and Corley did.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.