Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather/Ortiz fight location?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Get0ffdanutzz
Soon as I saw the tweet from Pretty Boy; I contacted my Host at MGM and made my room reservation that weekend.

Right now; they claim they don't have a venue selected. Knowing Money May; He loves Las Vegas, Lives there, Trains there and he usually likes to fight in his home city...

I heard MGM Grand mentioned, but does anyone have a different scoop that they heard about or read about??

Fight On! Mayweather KO/TKO Victory 8th Round...

Mayweather PFP King... Pac fans, give credit where it's due. May wants to fight a young fighter who's hungry... None of these fighers who are just off loses..

thehype
As of the moment I type this, there is no venue just yet. The decision has not been finalized. MGM, Cowboys Stadium, and quite possibly somewhere in the UK.
caneman
WOW THE UK? Interesting!
Prov0
QUOTE (Get0ffdanutzz @ Jun 7 2011, 08:16 PM) *
Soon as I saw the tweet from Pretty Boy; I contacted my Host at MGM and made my room reservation that weekend.

Right now; they claim they don't have a venue selected. Knowing Money May; He loves Las Vegas, Lives there, Trains there and he usually likes to fight in his home city...

I heard MGM Grand mentioned, but does anyone have a different scoop that they heard about or read about??

Fight On! Mayweather KO/TKO Victory 8th Round...

Mayweather PFP King... Pac fans, give credit where it's due. May wants to fight a young fighter who's hungry... None of these fighers who are just off loses..

Ive seen MGM also. I think this fight happens in Vegas,Floyd loves Vegas! ITS VEGAS .Huge attractions. Ill be there too lol. Called my wife and was like Babe were going to Vegas in September LOL !
Get0ffdanutzz
My money is on MGM.

Been looking at their website to see what prices are going for that weekend and they are much higher than what they normally are.

MGM is asking about 200 night on their website- Those are Fight Night Prices! They will steadily go up once they make it official.

Money on MGM for sure.
BoxingWizard23
I don't care where it's at. As long as I see the real P4P king in that ring showing off his master class skills I am satisfied and awed at the same time. There is nobody like Pretty Boy in this era or before. Ortiz better have a strict and different game plan from the 41 others who failed because it's gonna take a lucky punch and a miracle for him to win. Still it's a dangerous fight and Mayweather once again answered his critics like always. First they said he never faced a full on welterweight then he whooped Mosley, then they said he was old and all he fight is old fighters now here it is. A younger,fresher, hungry opponent who's ready to take that 0 from Money. While Pacman will easily destroy JMM because of the catchweight disadvantage. Let's Go. Can't wait for the 24/7 and Mike Buffer's Floyd announcement = EPIC!!!!
jvo1800
i aint concerned about where they fight...... i wanna see how many people criticize/hate Floyd for fighting Ortiz, and two what are they gonna come up with to take away from Floyd's flawless performance against Victor. He just came off of a great win over Berto, he's a big strong young fighter, and he's a champion.......soo let's start picking out all of the negative things about this fight B4 it even happens cause i dont wanna hear shit after the fight is over. Im giving everybody the opportunity to HATE NOW
HazConvictedFelonMane
It can happen on the international space station a zero 'Gs' and the end result will be the same. After he whoops this kid what are you guys going to say? Will you say that he's ducked this guy and he ducked that guy? You guys know full well that this young kid is very dangerous. He may be green, but up and coming fighters have to start somewhere. How are they going to become superstars if they're never get the opportunity to prove that they are on that level? Criticize this fight but whatever you guys say (it's become unusually silent in respects to the pactards), you can't say that he targeted someone that's a heavy bag with arms. All of the guys that Floyd takes on come to fight because they want to be the 1st one to hand him that L. I can honestly say that I can appreciate the breath of fresh air. Pacquiao's stinking up with the sport with his choices. I honestly feel that the media has bestowed a title on someone who's unworthy. I can't understand how a fighter that's padded and protected can be hailed as the best. It just completely befuddles me. I have faith that this issue will get hashed out, or Manny and his team will fold again now that Floyd's activated himself again. Everyone knows that he's coming for that boy. If it wasn't for Manny rushing to fight Mosley (before the Margarito fight) and Marquez (before the Mosley fight), it could've quite possibly the mega fight. If Floyd's trying to duck Pacquiao, the way to do it is to own a championship belt. We all know that Manny doesn't take fights with reigning champions these days.

NOTE TO EDITOR: I know I strayed away from the topic somewhat, but you have to let my posts rock. I'd really appreciate if you leave my posts be. I always render thought provoking material, and this is a platform geared toward expression. I reserve the right to express my thoughts freely. No disrespect.
BoxingFan86
I'mma say Vegas, 'cause I "think" that's the only place where Floyd can legally inject his hands with Xylocaine (I "think" that's his drug of choice, so don't quote me on this) to numb them.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Jun 7 2011, 08:24 PM) *
I'mma say Vegas, 'cause I "think" that's the only place where Floyd can legally inject that Xylocaine (I "think" that's his drug of choice, so don't quote me on this) shit in his hands to numb them.

QuackFan86, unzips and shows his limp fishbait of a game.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 7 2011, 11:30 PM) *

I gave an honest opinion. That's why when I said what I said, I put emphasis on the word "think," I didn't try to present it as fact. Why would I try to discredit Floyd? He's my favorite boxer. Not everyone is a kid that wanna play games on a message board. Carry on!
FightHypeRules
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 7 2011, 08:30 PM) *

I don't think that's THAT outrageous to ask. It's been reported in the past that Floyd uses that for his hands, and that it's not allowed in a lot of other states. Vegas is one of the few that DOES allow it.

So how is it crazy to think that Floyd will fight this upcoming fight in Vegas due to that? When was the last time he fought outside of Vegas? I'm sure he has, I seem to only recall him fighting in Vegas in recent history.

EDIT: since his fight with Judah in 2006 he's fought only in Vegas.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Jun 7 2011, 08:33 PM) *
I gave an honest opinion. Why would I try to discredit Floyd? He's my favorite boxer. Not everyone is a kid that wanna play games on a message board. Carry on!

Do us a favor and answer your own question.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 7 2011, 11:35 PM) *
Do us a favor and answer your own question.

Again, I gave an honest opinion. That's why when I said what I said, I put emphasis on the word "think," I didn't try to present it as fact.
gravytrain
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Jun 7 2011, 11:24 PM) *
I'mma say Vegas, 'cause I "think" that's the only place where Floyd can legally inject his hands with Xylocaine (I "think" that's his drug of choice, so don't quote me on this) to numb them.

it's funny how this rumor only came around when Mayweather started talking about Pac being on PEDs. nobody bothered to research the subject either. just another conspiracy theory like all the other gossip shit that has happened with this fight.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (FightHypeRules @ Jun 7 2011, 08:35 PM) *
I don't think that's THAT outrageous to ask. It's been reported in the past that Floyd uses that for his hands, and that it's not allowed in a lot of other states. Vegas is one of the few that DOES allow it.

So how is it crazy to think that Floyd will fight this upcoming fight in Vegas due to that? When was the last time he fought outside of Vegas? I'm sure he has, I seem to only recall him fighting in Vegas in recent history.

FMJ is not my favorite boxer, although I have always acknowledged his superior skill set and natural talent. It is certainly not "THAT outrageous to ask" whether the fight will be in Vegas because of the fact that xylocaine is allowed. It is also not outrageous to think that the subject would most likely be brought up by a Pactard.

If I was incorrect in that assumption, so be it. It is ironic that I find myself in the position of defending FMJ and Vegas (not one of my favorite cities).

I suppose it is most likely that the FMJ v Ortiz fight will happen in Vegas. I find it hard to believe that FMJ would not venture out of Vegas if the money was right.

I guess that I am also not much interested in criticism of FMJ at this moment. I appreciate the fact that he is willing to get back into the ring and give us another opportunity to witness his boxing prowess v a legit young lion.

BoxingFan86
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jun 7 2011, 11:44 PM) *
it's funny how this rumor only came around when Mayweather started talking about Pac being on PEDs. nobody bothered to research the subject either. just another conspiracy theory like all the other gossip shit that has happened with this fight.

If my memory serves me correctly, I remember Floyd sayin' somethin' about it on an episode of 24/7. Although I can't remember exactly what was said, he was (at his chiropractor's office) talkin' 'bout how brittle his hands are or some shit like that. I just remember him soakin' his hands and gettin' them massaged. It's been a while, so I can't remember if he said he injects Xylocaine or not.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Jun 7 2011, 08:37 PM) *
Again, I gave an honest opinion. That's why when I said what I said, I put emphasis on the word "think," I didn't try to present it as fact.

Fair enough. I just assumed that the issue would emanate from Pactardland given the pure conjecture it represents.

BoxingFan86
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 7 2011, 11:52 PM) *
FMJ is not my favorite boxer, although I have always acknowledged his superior skill set and natural talent. It is certainly not "THAT outrageous to ask" whether the fight will be in Vegas because of the fact that xylocaine is allowed. It is also not outrageous to think that the subject would most likely be brought up by a Pactard.

If I was incorrect in that assumption, so be it. It is ironic that I find myself in the position of defending FMJ and Vegas (not one of my favorite cities).

I suppose it is most likely that the FMJ v Ortiz fight will happen in Vegas. I find it hard to believe that FMJ would not venture out of Vegas if the money was right.

I guess that I am also not much interested in criticism of FMJ at this moment. I appreciate the fact that he is willing to get back into the ring and give us another opportunity to witness his boxing prowess v a legit young lion.

In another thread, I was called a Pac-hater, now I'm bein' called a Pactard. That tends to happen when I comment without bias. Funny shit!
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Jun 7 2011, 08:57 PM) *
In another thread, I was called a Pac-hater, now I'm bein' called a Pactard. That tends to happen when I comment without bias. Funny shit!

I said that I made an assumption. Obviously it was in error.

I don't think xylocaine plays into the decision. Maybe I'm wrong about that too.
FightHypeRules
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jun 7 2011, 08:44 PM) *

I don't think the Xylocaine thing is that big a deal, but the reason it wasn't really brought up before that, is because it wasn't an issue really prior to him calling out someone else for allegedly using banned substances.

Once he made those accusations, then suddenly people started digging and came out with that thing of him using a substance that is banned in many states for his chosen profession. I think that's why it's an issue.

If he had never made that accusation, I highly doubt anyone would have given a shit. But it's like "you're accusing someone else of using a banned substance with no evidence, and here we have people pointing out that you use a substance that is banned in many states, except conveniently the one you fight in."

That's all.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (FightHypeRules @ Jun 8 2011, 12:14 AM) *
I don't think the Xylocaine thing is that big a deal, but the reason it wasn't really brought up before that, is because it wasn't an issue really prior to him calling out someone else for allegedly using banned substances.

Once he made those accusations, then suddenly people started digging and came out with that thing of him using a substance that is banned in many states for his chosen profession. I think that's why it's an issue.

If he had never made that accusation, I highly doubt anyone would have given a shit. But it's like "you're accusing someone else of using a banned substance with no evidence, and here we have people pointing out that you use a substance that is banned in many states, except conveniently the one you fight in."

That's all.

Exactly! I couldn't have said this better myself.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 8 2011, 12:12 AM) *
I said that I made an assumption. Obviously it was in error.

I don't think xylocaine plays into the decision. Maybe I'm wrong about that too.

No problem.
boxtop123
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Jun 7 2011, 11:24 PM) *

WELL WELL i guess you guy's think he should fight a fighter thats coming off a loss or is washed up or maybe he should make klitchko brothers come down to welterweight then he could fight them for the heavyweight title
you are running out of excuses
FightHypeRules
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 7 2011, 08:52 PM) *

Well, personally I detest the dumbing down of boxing fans who resort to childish infantile phrases like "Flomos" and "Pactards" and "Void" and "Pacroid" and all these other stupid names that people come up with. Personally I think that's a sign of lower intelligence that people latch onto that.

not meaning that to YOU specifically, just a general point that I've come to over the past several years watching the general discourse dramatically plummet online.

Not a fan of either Floyd or Manny. Don't like shit either one of them do. Don't like Top Rank or Golden Boy. So I don't have a dog in this fight, so to speak.

I merely thought it was an interesting question to ask, as it was one of the things I was wondering when they were talking about the different possibilities for the sites. It seems almost like they're just being polite in saying they are "considering" Dallas or LA or the UK. Floyd fights are going to be in Vegas until the retires for good, either due to his love for Vegas, or the Xylocaine issue, or whatever.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (boxtop123 @ Jun 8 2011, 12:49 AM) *
WELL WELL i guess you guy's think he should fight a fighter thats coming off a loss or is washed up or maybe he should make klitchko brothers come down to welterweight then he could fight them for the heavyweight title
you are running out of excuses

Huh? You definitely missed the point of the thread (and my comment). This thread is about the possible fight location, not about Floyd's opponents. Since you wanna take it there, here's my thoughts on his opponent. I don't know 'bout anyone else, but I think this is a great tune-up for Floyd. After bein' inactive for over a year, what better way to re-establish your presence in boxin' by fightin' a younger, skilled fighter that's comin' off a great win? So again, his opponent isn't the issue, nor is the fight's location. It's just a discussion on where we think the fight will be held. As of right now, it's all opinion. The thread-starter asked a question, I gave him my opinion of an answer.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (FightHypeRules @ Jun 7 2011, 09:57 PM) *
Well, personally I detest the dumbing down of boxing fans who resort to childish infantile phrases like "Flomos" and "Pactards" and "Void" and "Pacroid" and all these other stupid names that people come up with. Personally I think that's a sign of lower intelligence that people latch onto that.

not meaning that to YOU specifically, just a general point that I've come to over the past several years watching the general discourse dramatically plummet online.

Not a fan of either Floyd or Manny. Don't like shit either one of them do. Don't like Top Rank or Golden Boy. So I don't have a dog in this fight, so to speak.

I merely thought it was an interesting question to ask, as it was one of the things I was wondering when they were talking about the different possibilities for the sites. It seems almost like they're just being polite in saying they are "considering" Dallas or LA or the UK. Floyd fights are going to be in Vegas until the retires for good, either due to his love for Vegas, or the Xylocaine issue, or whatever.

Well, it could apply to me specifically because I have dealt with the Pactards and the Floydiots for years now. There is no reasoning with them. I also do not hold back on my opinions of current boxers or when those opinions are attacked. I enjoy coining boxers and posters with nicknames and I am not embarrassed to admit when I am mistaken or proven wrong.

I'm not here to be polite or politically correct. That shit is what has led to socio and psychopaths seizing power. My job is to fix that.
JONdaCON817
If not Vegas, Cowboys stadium would be great... a lot of hispanic fans who'd like Ortiz and deff a HUGE venue with the opportunity to once again outdo Pacman if he sells more ticcets.. they can hold up to 110,000.. I think Pac did a lil under 51,000...

plus ide like to see this one live!!...lol
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 8 2011, 12:52 AM) *
Well, it could apply to me specifically because I have dealt with the Pactards and the Floydiots for years now. There is no reasoning with them. I also do not hold back on my opinions of current boxers or when those opinions are attacked. I enjoy coining boxers and posters with nicknames and I am not embarrassed to admit when I am mistaken or proven wrong.

I'm not here to be polite or politically correct. That shit is what has led to socio and psychopaths seizing power. My job is to fix that.

Plus we juss down right enjoyin gettin a good laugh in... lol
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Jun 7 2011, 10:53 PM) *
If not Vegas, Cowboys stadium would be great... a lot of hispanic fans who'd like Ortiz and deff a HUGE venue with the opportunity to once again outdo Pacman if he sells more ticcets.. they can hold up to 110,000.. I think Pac did a lil under 51,000...

plus ide like to see this one live!!...lol

I think that I would prefer Dallas for this one. Haven't been there in awhile. Hell, I'd go to London for this one. Been too long since I've bar hopped there. Enjoy going pub to pub until its time to take one of them ridiculous little cabs back to the room.

Almost seems like the board has died down as a result of this - like Floyd shutdown the running dumb battle.
JONdaCON817
Lol... all the Pac/May threads will hopefully die down...

Would London be a big sell??... knowing May he'll want the most money possible. Idkk if he'd get it in the UK..
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Jun 7 2011, 11:10 PM) *

Would London be a big sell??... knowing May he'll want the most money possible. Idkk if he'd get it in the UK..

Oh yeah, FMJ v Ortiz would be huge. They'd probably co-main it with one of the local dudes going for a belt. Probably sellout a stadium. Might not be London.
JONdaCON817
If they were smart they'd have a good co-main event and GB will put some good prospects up in the undercard...
Col Reb
If he wants to fight the best, fight Martinez at 154.
AussieLad
Is it just me that thinks this is a shit fight?
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Jun 8 2011, 07:56 PM) *
Is it just me that thinks this is a shit fight?

You are not alone. Just like ABE I am with you on this sham event.
D-MARV
LOL... It's a better fight then any of Pac's last four fights! (Including Marquez).
Method
Take it to Texas Stadium. Nobody's got deeper pockets in the states than Jerry Jones, and he has the venue to pull in the largest gate.
FightHypeRules
I would think, if they're putting this on Mexican Independence Day Weekend, why not put that sucker in LA? I have to imagine it would be a massive success there, as long as they throw in some solid undercard fights.

Golden Boy typically has success with these types of things.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jun 8 2011, 08:20 PM) *
LOL... It's a better fight then any of Pac's last four fights! (Including Marquez).

I am not saying that I am saying this fight is a pile of steaming turd.
HazConvictedFelonMane
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jun 8 2011, 06:17 AM) *
You are not alone. Just like ABE I am with you on this sham event.

Let me guess, Pac-Mosley was an exciting event where both fighters fought their hearts out for 12 rounds. Ortiz' last fight wasn't a sham. It was the fight of the decade as it stands today. Mayweather has once again shown Manny up with his choice of opponent. Since the guy that's been at the helm for a couple of years isn't doing what he needs to do, we thank heavens for Floyd these days. He's bringing the uncertainty and unpredictability back to a sport that has turned to a big ass circus under Manny's watch.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Jun 8 2011, 07:10 AM) *

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 8 2011, 07:16 AM) *
Oh yeah, FMJ v Ortiz would be huge. They'd probably co-main it with one of the local dudes going for a belt. Probably sellout a stadium. Might not be London.

I dont share your confidence Smarty. I dont think Floyd v Ortiz could sell out anything bigger than the likes of the MEN arena, 15-20000. If they were serious about selling out a stadium here they would need at least one big name British fighter in a meaningful fight, one fairly big name international fight, and several top tier British/Euro/Commonwealth type fights.

Maybe Maxy, Roll or Black could give you more of an idea since it would be in Englandshire, but I dont think Floyd is as big a draw here as he thinks.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jun 8 2011, 03:46 AM) *
I am not saying that I am saying this fight is a pile of steaming turd.

One more time . . . that is the smell of TopWank circus animals coming from your north.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jun 8 2011, 08:01 AM) *
I dont share your confidence Smarty. I dont think Floyd v Ortiz could sell out anything bigger than the likes of the MEN arena, 15-20000. If they were serious about selling out a stadium here they would need at least one big name British fighter in a meaningful fight, one fairly big name international fight, and several top tier British/Euro/Commonwealth type fights.

Maybe Maxy, Roll or Black could give you more of an idea since it would be in Englandshire, but I dont think Floyd is as big a draw here as he thinks.

Yeah Lloyd, in another post I mentioned as much.

It is interesting that they are planning a presser and workout exhibition over there.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 8 2011, 04:04 PM) *
Yeah Lloyd, in another post I mentioned as much.

It is interesting that they are planning a presser and workout exhibition over there.

Floyd has always talked about wanting to fight over here. IMO he missed the boat tho. He should have fought Hatton here. That fight would have sold out any stadium you like 3 times over. The last chance he will ever have for a big fight over here is against Amir Khan, but he doesnt have half the following Ricky did, and as we know, he has been doomed by a FH hate campaign.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jun 8 2011, 08:09 AM) *
Floyd has always talked about wanting to fight over here. IMO he missed the boat tho. He should have fought Hatton here. That fight would have sold out any stadium you like 3 times over. The last chance he will ever have for a big fight over here is against Amir Khan, but he doesnt have half the following Ricky did, and as we know, he has been doomed by a FH hate campaign.

Damn Lloyd, you're a kilt wearing genius! That's what the London presser/workout is all about. They're settin' up for a Khan v FMJ mega event in England.

Too bad that whole idea is about to get Zabbed.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 8 2011, 04:13 PM) *
Damn Lloyd, you're are a kilt wearing genius! That's what the London presser/workout is all about. They're settin' up for a Khan v FMJ mega event in England.

Too bad that whole idea is about to get Zabbed.

We will know soon enough! It wouldnt surprise me tho.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (Method @ Jun 8 2011, 05:35 AM) *
Take it to Texas Stadium. Nobody's got deeper pockets in the states than Jerry Jones, and he has the venue to pull in the largest gate.

That's what I'm sayin!!....
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jun 8 2011, 10:01 AM) *

You don't think Ortiz/Mayweather can sell more than Clottey/Pacquiao??.... 51000 is half of Cowboys stadium...
you got a famous blacc fighter vs a semi-famous mexican fighter...

On a sidenote, They juss had a soccer game watch party shyt for Mexico vs El Salvador and there was about 60,000 mexicans and 20,000 salvadorians there...
Allmenjoi8
Maybe it should be in Mexico city and as an under card have Donaire fight someone or Saul Alvarez. Maybe Berto can be on the under card with Bradly if he is willing to come up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.