Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marcos Maidana vs Robert Guerrero
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BoxingWizard23
This just in GB are getting ready to line up a fight with The Ghost and El Chino on August 27th. This fight will be a true test to both. This will test The Ghosts endurance and pressure resistance also chin and this will test Maidana's focus, body work, and mobility. Good fight. I'm picking The Ghost for a Close Decision. Maidana will bring him hell he's way more a pressure fighter than Katsidis was and hits way much harder and also knows how to split the ring and catch you with looping hooks. The Ghost has great boxing ability and has showed he can also mix it up. The Ghost I predict will use the similar game plan Khan used but a bit more safer. Just box and throw combos then space out and repeat then dodge Maidana;s slow punches and counter and repeat. Still Maidana gives anyone hell from 147 and below. Who you picking and what's your thoughts?
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jun 8 2011, 07:40 PM) *
This just in GB are getting ready to line up a fight with The Ghost and El Chino on August 27th. This fight will be a true test to both. This will test The Ghosts endurance and pressure resistance also chin and this will test Maidana's focus, body work, and mobility. Good fight. I'm picking The Ghost for a Close Decision. Maidana will bring him hell he's way more a pressure fighter than Katsidis was and hits way much harder and also knows how to split the ring and catch you with looping hooks. The Ghost has great boxing ability and has showed he can also mix it up. The Ghost I predict will use the similar game plan Khan used but a bit more safer. Just box and throw combos then space out and repeat then dodge Maidana;s slow punches and counter and repeat. Still Maidana gives anyone hell from 147 and below. Who you picking and what's your thoughts?

Guerrero is one of the best in the world right now. He can fight on the inside, slip and roll, he can outwork guys or out box them from the outside. I think he's more composed than Amir Khan and he appears to have good ring IQ, just like Morales. I'm going to pick him to beat Maidana by UD, though Maidana will make it rough in there.
Sunni6Killer
Delicious clapping.gif
caneman
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Jun 8 2011, 06:42 PM) *
Guerrero is one of the best in the world right now. He can fight on the inside, slip and roll, he can outwork guys or out box them from the outside. I think he's more composed than Amir Khan and he appears to have good ring IQ, just like Morales. I'm going to pick him to beat Maidana by UD, though Maidana will make it rough in there.

Yep, agreed and he will win fairly easily IMO! I like him against most from 140 and down myself!!! I'd take him over Khan, Judah, Bradley and the rest.
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (caneman @ Jun 8 2011, 08:10 PM) *
Yep, agreed and he will win fairly easily IMO! I like him against most from 140 and down myself!!! I'd take him over Khan, Judah, Bradley and the rest.

If he makes it fairly easy then my ratings for him will go up and so should everyone else's. The Ghost deserves a big fight and a new title fight at that. Maidana makes it hell for anyone even when he was out of shape against a always contending and awkward Chop Chop he still gave him hell. The Ghost needs to look fantastic if he beats Maidana I want to see him fight Khan or Rios next. Can't wait. Many good fights are coming up this year looks like a good year for boxing. #BOXING bitches!!!
HazConvictedFelonMane
That oughta be a good one. A barn burner. I saw The Ghost's last performance and I was truly in awe at the way he easily handled Katsidis. He had a rocky couple of moments during the fight but overall, he beat the tar out of Katsidis. I found it funny that Katsidis had asked Guerrero 'what are you lookin' at' after the ref's speech. I suppose that Guerrero's silent response was 'I'm lookin' at the guy who's ass I'm about to kick'. Maidana is a powerhouse but his stocks fell a little bit. We know he makes it through with his sheer will and relentless pressure. Like stated, this oughta be good. I also heard that Morales is trying to steal the fight from Maidana so he can fight Guerrero. I'd rather see Maidana fight Guerrero. I want to see guys who've had impressive perfomances matched against each other. Guerrero is best suited for Maidana than Morales to me. Morales may have shown a lot of heart, but he didn't get the nod.
Cshel86
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Jun 8 2011, 10:47 PM) *
That oughta be a good one. A barn burner. I saw The Ghost's last performance and I was truly in awe at the way he easily handled Katsidis. He had a rocky couple of moments during the fight but overall, he beat the tar out of Katsidis. I found it funny that Katsidis had asked Guerrero 'what are you lookin' at' after the ref's speech. I suppose that Guerrero's silent response was 'I'm lookin' at the guy who's ass I'm about to kick'. Maidana is a powerhouse but his stocks fell a little bit. We know he makes it through with his sheer will and relentless pressure. Like stated, this oughta be good. I also heard that Morales is trying to steal the fight from Maidana so he can fight Guerrero. I'd rather see Maidana fight Guerrero. I want to see guys who've had impressive perfomances matched against each other. Guerrero is best suited for Maidana than Morales to me. Morales may have shown a lot of heart, but he didn't get the nod.

Hahahaha!!! I remember that "what are you lookin' at" line! That shit caught me off guard and blew my buzz! Had to go grab another beer after that one. haha.gif
Cshel86
This makes for a great fight! Guerrero needs to be careful though...he seems to swell easily, and Maidana is the king of leaving your face lumped up. I saw how he left that nasty knot under Ortiz's eye, and that gruesome swelling of Morales's eye...and he did that with Winning gloves, smh. Guerrero is an excellent boxer and I believe he will have even more power at 140, though that is a step up in weight for him. You can box the hell out of this machine (Maidana), but he always brings the fight to you until the last bell. Cant wait for this one! thumbsup_anim.gif
iKeNjiro
yup yup this is truly a great year for boxing....tons of great fights
glad both guys stepped up and made this fight happen...looking forward to seeing how Guerrero does in a higher weight
should be fire works though
Fitz
Good fight, I think Guerrero is too polished and too good of a boxer and should come away with this. He seems more durable than Khan and Ortiz and probably won't suffer the scares to the extent that those guys did.
caneman
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 9 2011, 05:03 PM) *
Good fight, I think Guerrero is too polished and too good of a boxer and should come away with this. He seems more durable than Khan and Ortiz and probably won't suffer the scares to the extent that those guys did.

For some reason other then just his frame, I think it's Guerrero could go all the way to 147 too! I just have a feeling he is the real deal.
SmartyBeardo
This has been a damned decent year of boxing and it is about to catch fire.

Maidana is becoming The Litmus Test. It is all talk until the test is over.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.