Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Self Introduction
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
iKeNjiro
Hey all my name is Kendall I am ummmm crap...lost track of thought
I am 26 years old...Married with a little girl 2months and we live in Japan
I work for IT 株式会社 (Epson) here in Japan...I speak Japanese Fluently and I've been living here for two years now
ummm I've been following boxing for ...wait let's go back I have been a boxing fan since the age of 6 (due to my pops)
Ali of course is my fav. of all time...I started watching Floyd around '98
When the OG Veteran Genaro Hernandez (RIP) gave him a shot....which who Floyd's still commends to this day for that and honestly taking this fight against Ortiz, I feel is like giving back...like paying his respects...anywho yea around that time...and when I saw what he could do...I followed his career ever since...going back and watching all of his fights and so on. I like Dawson a lot as well, JMM, Wladimir Klitschko, Cotto, Zab ( the way he is now) these are guys fighting now...if I put old school I would be here for a while...

Honestly I don't like getting caught up in these things (forums and so on because I've dealt with tons of faceless cowards) but checking this place out for a year now seems cool and I love talking boxing...looking forward to reading and sharing with everyone...i'll try not to step on any toes along the way and let's do the damn thing

ケンドル
alaganza
Welcome!!! Good to have you here. Look forward to hearing your thoughts.
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (alaganza @ Jun 9 2011, 10:12 PM) *
Welcome!!! Good to have you here. Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

appreciate it man thanks
Fitz
Welcome iKeNjiro. Now snoop isn't the forums token asian dude.

laugh.gif
Romulus9
Welcome iKeNjiro. Best boxing forum on web. Jump right in.

QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 9 2011, 06:02 PM) *
Now snoop isn't the forums token asian dude.

laugh.gif

Well done, Fitz. Very well done.
Snoop
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 9 2011, 10:02 PM) *
Welcome iKeNjiro. Now snoop isn't the forums token asian dude.

laugh.gif

thumbsup_anim.gif
Jack 1000
Welcome to the forum!

Jack
BoxingWizard23
Hey, iKeNjiro I enjoy your reads and Good to see your here. Need more people who understands boxing like you. I'm new also so we're all going through this process together in a way. Can't wait to read your posts, ideas and anything else. Welcome to FH
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jun 10 2011, 09:10 AM) *
Hey, iKeNjiro I enjoy your reads and Good to see your here. Need more people who understands boxing like you. I'm new also so we're all going through this process together in a way. Can't wait to read your posts, ideas and anything else. Welcome to FH

Hey thanks man... appreciate that ...you too man keep doing your thing and putting pactards in there place

@ everyone else thanks a lot look forward to posting on here a lot more

this is the best forum out there so excited to be here let's go!!!!!
BigG
Welcome to the forum....

Are you a fan of Koki Kameda and Hasegawa?

Hajime No Ippo?

hehe...tongue.gif
The Original MrFactor
Good to see new blood. It was getting a bit quiet around here... Welcome.
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (BigG @ Jun 10 2011, 04:47 PM) *
Welcome to the forum....

Are you a fan of Koki Kameda and Hasegawa?

Hajime No Ippo?

hehe...tongue.gif

you know 亀田古希 (Koki Kameda) is a smart fighter
patient young kid...don't get to watch him as much as I want...but good all around boxer

for the manga you speak of no....wasn't a huge fan of it
an they came out with a movie about the manga like ummmmmm a month ago
I might check it out I saw GantZ instead though

do you like the series? and what do you think of Koki?

@ The Original MrFactor thanks man look forward to getting my rank up
iKeNjiro
[quote name='Fitz' post='523026' date='Jun 10 2011, 09:47 PM']Haha, that looks so cuteeeeee.

Yeah, iKeNjiro is the best addition so far IMO. He brings a good cultural element. Something different, and I like that he uses Japanese characters when writing.

えーふぇす(FitZ)どもありがとごぜいます
Thanks man appreciate it
heres your name in all 3 Japanese dialects

1. ひらがな (Hiragana) ぴったり、ふぇず or てきごお (means Fits)
2. カタカナ (Katakana) フィズ
3. 漢字  (Kanji...Chinese characters) 適合 

iKeNjiro
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 11 2011, 12:07 AM) *
Good work iKeNjiro.

np
10characters smile.gif
Jack 1000
Sup Kendall?

Thanks for being here! I have a question, and am very happy to have someone from Japan to inquire about it:

What do you think of the Open Scoring System used for WBC title fights in Japan where the scores are announced after the 4th and 8th rounds? It was tried in the United States several times and had a dismal failure, the same throughout England and most of Europe. The WBC provides an opt-out clause where any world commission can choose not to use Open Scoring. Interestingly enough, the Japanese boxing writers and boxing fans really seemed to like the optional rule, and have always chosen to include it.

My own personal view is I believe it distracts too much from the fight, and puts undue pressure on the judges who may be influenced in a negative way by crowd reactions to the scores. I also oppose fighters who could coast to victory knowing they are ahead on the scorecards.

What do you think of the system? And are you happy that Japan uses it in all WBC title fights? Should the Japanese Boxing Commission opt out of Open Scoring or not?

Jack
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jun 11 2011, 01:00 PM) *
Sup Kendall?

Thanks for being here! I have a question, and am very happy to have someone from Japan to inquire about it:

What do you think of the Open Scoring System used for WBC title fights in Japan where the scores are announced after the 4th and 8th rounds? It was tried in the United States several times and had a dismal failure, the same throughout England and most of Europe. The WBC provides an opt-out clause where any world commission can choose not to use Open Scoring. Interestingly enough, the Japanese boxing writers and boxing fans really seemed to like the optional rule, and have always chosen to include it.

My own personal view is I believe it distracts too much from the fight, and puts undue pressure on the judges who may be influenced in a negative way by crowd reactions to the scores. I also oppose fighters who could coast to victory knowing they are ahead on the scorecards.

What do you think of the system? And are you happy that Japan uses it in all WBC title fights? Should the Japanese Boxing Commission opt out of Open Scoring or not?

Jack

Great questions
Here we go for starters i'll be honest aside from Koki most these guys here literally slug it out till someone drops or ref stops it.
Making it real easy to judge, these have no defense once so ever! It fun to watch at times but sometimes I'm yelling block at the TV lol.
Now my opinion on the sport here is that it's nothing compared to other countries, yea they have heart but lack in a lot of areas.

The pointing system is deeper then just them choosing this WBC set of rules and running with it.
From I gather from a gym by my house the 先生 (means teacher) said it's a culture thing.
The Japanese are very prideful people but also they try to remain as different as possible.
That being said, they need to know and like to kmow. This pushes the guy down to damn near give his life to catch up or get KO'd trying
it's a pride thing and it plays into the overall feel of the fight in the later rounds.
I'll interview another famous gym in Shinjuku an record what he says... but ill upload that video on FB...actually my youtube account
but ill have to translate it of course.
They train differently here as well it's just completely different in what they think it takes to win a fight.
hope this helps for now will try to get that vid. Done soon if you want more

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.