Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weekend (6/10 & 6/11/2011) Fights of Interest
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
SmartyBeardo
Not the biggest weekend of the year, but there are some intriguing fights . . .

Friday

Thomas Dulorme 11(10)-0 v Demarcus Corley 37(22)-17(4)-1 = A decent test for who some believe is the next generation Puerto Rican star, tonight in New York City. What I have seen of Dulorme has been relatively impressive. He has a decent, snapping jab and good power in both hands, good head movement, decent quickness, good footwork (he cuts the ring off well), very good body work. Being put up against a wiley old vet like Corley in your 12th fight says something about Team Dulorme's confidence. Dulorme KO 5

Jean Piero Perez 18(13)-3(1)-1 v Juan Carlos Reveco 26(15)-1 (for the WBA Interim Lightweight Title) = I find myself paying more and more attention to the fighters of and fights in Argentina these days. Reveco is an exciting banger. He reminds me a little bit of Arce. Reveco TKO 10

Khabir Suleymanov 11(5)-0 v Chris Avalos 18(15)-1 (super bantam, I think) = I wouldn't mind seeing this fight (if I was near Santa Ynez). Avalos has significant potential. His skills are top notch. He has large amateur experience. His only loss was a SD v Christopher Martin who is undefeated. Suleymanev is crude but tough. He is one of those stone sculptures that immigrated from Russia and took up pro boxing late (he is 30). Avalos is just too polished for the Russian bar fighter, IMO. Avalos UD

Saturday

Andres Narvaez 34(19)-0 v William Urina 17(14)-1 = Another visit to Argentina for the WBO Super Flyweight Title which Narvaez has horded since 2002. At this point Narvaez is becoming a living legend, at least in Argentina. I felt that he received a homer's decision v Seda in his last defense. I think Narvaez is ripe but Urina will not do the picking. Narvaez UD

Austin Trout 22(13)-0 v David Lopez 40(23)-12-0 = For one of those 154 belts. I am not as yet impressed with Trout. He has some skills but he really has not been tested. Lopez has not lost in six and a half years. I don't know what the odds are but it might be worth a look at a Lopez upset. Trout SD

Hasim Rahman 49(40)-7(5) v Galen Brown 35(22)-16(11)-1 = The Rahman is not done. Hasim looking for his 5th W in a row down in Bayou country. Rahman TKO 8

What do you think?
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 10 2011, 11:11 PM) *

Friday

Thomas Dulorme 11(10)-0 v Demarcus Corley 37(22)-17(4)-1 = A decent test for who some believe is the next generation Puerto Rican star, tonight in New York City. What I have seen of Dulorme has been relatively impressive. He has a decent, snapping jab and good power in both hands, good head movement, decent quickness, good footwork (he cuts the ring off well), very good body work. Being put up against a wiley old vet like Corley in your 12th fight says something about Team Dulorme's confidence. Dulorme KO 5

Jean Piero Perez 18(13)-3(1)-1 v Juan Carlos Reveco 26(15)-1 (for the WBA Interim Lightweight Title) = I find myself paying more and more attention to the fighters of and fights in Argentina these days. Reveco is an exciting banger. He reminds me a little bit of Arce. Reveco TKO 10

Khabir Sulemanov 11(5)-0 v Chris Avalos 18(15)-1 (super bantam, I think) = I wouldn't mind seeing this fight (if I was near Santa Ynez). Avalos has significant potential. His skills are top notch. He has large amateur experience. His only loss was a SD v Christopher Martin who is undefeated. Suleymanev is crude but tough. He is one of those stone sculptures that immigrated from Russia and took up pro boxing late (he is 30). Avalos is just too polished for the Russian bar fighter, IMO. Avalos UD

Saturday

Andres Narvaez 34(19)-0 v William Urina 17(14)-1 = Another visit to Argentina for the WBO Super Flyweight Title which Narvaez has horded since 2002. At this point Narvaez is becoming a living legend, at least in Argentina. I felt that he received a homer's decision v Seda in his last defense. I think Narvaez is ripe but Urina will not do the picking. Narvaez UD

Austin Trout 22(13)-0 v David Lopez 40(23)-12-0 = For one of those 154 belts. I am not as yet impressed with Trout. He has some skills but he really has not been tested. Lopez has not lost in six and a half years. I don't know what the odds are but it might be worth a look at a Lopez upset. Trout SD

Hasim Rahman49(40)-7(5) v Galen Brown 35(22)-16(11)-1 = The Rahman is not done. Hasim looking for his 5th W in a row down in Bayou country. Rahman TKO 8

What do you think?

ahhhh I hope Corley gets banged.....awww that's mean huh okay
Dulorme (UD) Corley can take a good shot, I see him getting knocked down in this fight but not out

Austin okay skill trout will win this by SD cause Lopez can box and might give him a boxing lesson

Hasim Rahman gets this fight...but I don't see a KO...well gosh it's hard to call...UD Brown is a bum though...that's mean okay he's not that great of a fighter

the other fights I don't know enough about the guys to call
but I will try to check most of them out...
Great post thanks for this

SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Jun 10 2011, 07:26 AM) *
Dulorme (UD) Corley can take a good shot, I see him getting knocked down in this fight but not out

Austin okay skill trout will win this by SD cause Lopez can box and might give him a boxing lesson

Hasim Rahman gets this fight...but I don't see a KO...well gosh it's hard to call...UD Brown is a bum though...that's mean okay he's not that great of a fighter

the other fights I don't know enough about the guys to call
but I will try to check most of them out...
Great post thanks for this

Just thought I would mention that just because I take issue with calling fighters cowards does not mean I have a problem with calling a bum what he is.

I appreciate your sarcasm.
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 10 2011, 11:43 PM) *
Just thought I would mention that just because I take issue with calling fighters cowards does not mean I have a problem with calling a bum what he is.

I appreciate your sarcasm.

I fell the same way, which is why I retracted my words and was to lazy to hit the back button
true story I have a japanese computer so hitting the back button or the caps button or the enter button changes my fonts to either
hiragana, kanji, or katakana lol so my computer is a dick it's a lot of hard work on this computer to do english
that's why I just retract things on the forums instead of just erasing it lol

off topic I use to box a little wanted to go all the way with it
but computers was faster money and Japan was a childhood goal of mine....I respect what every man does in the ring
it takes balls to step in that ring and bang it out for however many rounds
Seek
Archie Ray Marquez from Albuquerque, NM!
JONdaCON817
I think Chop Chop should NOT wear his shoes...lol. or wear them and see if his feet hurt enough for him to throw in the towel..lol
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 10 2011, 07:11 AM) *

Friday

Khabir Suleymanov 11(5)-0 v Chris Avalos 18(15)-1 (super bantam, I think) = I wouldn't mind seeing this fight (if I was near Santa Ynez). Avalos has significant potential. His skills are top notch. He has large amateur experience. His only loss was a SD v Christopher Martin who is undefeated. Suleymanev is crude but tough. He is one of those stone sculptures that immigrated from Russia and took up pro boxing late (he is 30). Avalos is just too polished for the Russian bar fighter, IMO. Avalos UD

Saturday

Hasim Rahman 49(40)-7(5) v Galen Brown 35(22)-16(11)-1 = The Rahman is not done. Hasim looking for his 5th W in a row down in Bayou country. Rahman TKO 8

What do you think?

Whats up Breado, here we go:

Dulorme vs Corley: I dont know anything about Dulorme but give me him over Corley by way of UD

Perez vs Reveco: Reveco by way of tko

Suleymanov Vs Avalos: Avalos by way of tko

Navarez vs Urina: Navarez by way of UD

Trout vs Lopez: And exciting UD win by Trout, but Lopez will have some good success.

Rahman vs Brown: Rahman by way of KO
BoxingFan86
ESPN will televise the Corley fight, right?
SmartyBeardo
Dulorme UD.

Reveco KO2

Avalos UD
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 11 2011, 01:21 PM) *
Dulorme UD.

Reveco KO2

Avalos UD

I called this dead on
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Jun 10 2011, 11:26 PM) *

iKeNjiro
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 12 2011, 12:42 AM) *
No doubt.

I haven't seen the Dulorme v Corley fight. How did Dulorme look?

The kid looked great actually
he mostly threw the left hand to set up the right to the body or head
left hook, right jab a lot as well
caught Corley in the 3rd rd. with a sharp left hook, very short thrown and compact
he was faster, attacked the body
The young gun had great reflexes and was to throw fast jabs and invade Corley's right hand counters
Dulorme moved around the ring, and turned Corley well...look forward to watching this kid more
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.