Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 8-week 24/7
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
VegasGrown420
After watching fight camp 360 the showtime put on I realized how terrible watching training camp can be without the face of boxing and since he doesn't fight that often it raises the question: Should HBO do an 8-week 24/7 instead of the normal 4-week show?

p.s. Ben, if you get enough heat on this tread will you let money know so we can get his opinion? We all miss money may when he's not on t.v.
BigMoneySlayer
I would love to see it for 8 weeks. I enjoy watching Money and his Uncle Roger, they be hilarious
SmartyBeardo
No.
STEVENSKI
Exactly what is wrong with the sport.
iKeNjiro
Camera follow them both around for 8 weeks, getting exclusives and seeing how these guys prepare for each other
hey i wouldn't mind watching that
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (BigMoneySlayer @ Jun 10 2011, 09:16 PM) *
I would love to see it for 8 weeks. I enjoy watching Money and his Uncle Roger, they be hilarious

Roger is a trip. He's always talkin' 'bout someone doesn't know shit about boxin' lol.
Dukes202
Yea roger and floyd jr are funny as hell son.and I would like see if floyd sr is going to help train as well.ain't like HBO would lose money if they did if Money is involved for four more weeks.Just sayin *shrugs*
SmartyBeardo
Since there are so many who would watch it, I take that no back. The numbers probably work. Why not?
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Dukes202 @ Jun 11 2011, 12:48 PM) *
Yea roger and floyd jr are funny as hell son.and I would like see if floyd sr is going to help train as well.ain't like HBO would lose money if they did if Money is involved for four more weeks.Just sayin *shrugs*

There is literally nothing funny about either of those two. Floyds banter is fucking chronic and Rogers may well be good but humour loses its spark when it has to be subtitled. Cut it any way u want, the Mayweathers dont have enough to say to fill 8 weeks of TV. Thats not because i'm a hater (I am a hater btw), its just that Floyd has nothing interesting to say.
gravytrain
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jun 11 2011, 03:41 PM) *
There is literally nothing funny about either of those two. Floyds banter is fucking chronic and Rogers may well be good but humour loses its spark when it has to be subtitled. Cut it any way u want, the Mayweathers dont have enough to say to fill 8 weeks of TV. Thats not because i'm a hater (I am a hater btw), its just that Floyd has nothing interesting to say.

i don't think they even make four good episodes, i don't want to see eight. it's always the same old shit on Pac and Mayweather episodes
neophyte7
As long as Manny's poor ENGLISH SPEAKING third world ass is not on for 8 weeks... that would be horrific and uninteresting for sure!!!
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jun 11 2011, 10:18 PM) *
i don't think they even make four good episodes, i don't want to see eight. it's always the same old shit on Pac and Mayweather episodes

Agree. Pac episodes: Manny is distracted, politics, helping the community, camp members trying to lose weight for cash, repeat

Floyd episodes, Incoherent rambling from Roger, egotistical immature displays of wealth from Floyd, Floyd bitching about no one recognises his chrity work, sarcoidosis, pad slapping, repeat.

24/7 needs to change the record if they want 8 episodes of entertainment, and I stand by my view that the Mayweathers are fully style over substance and have nothing interesting to say. They rely on their cringewworthy antics to claim as entertainment
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jun 11 2011, 05:27 PM) *
As long as Manny's poor ENGLISH SPEAKING third world ass is not on for 8 weeks... that would be horrific and uninteresting for sure!!!

You didn't even have to take it there, man. LOL! I like watchin' Manny outside of the ring. He's somewhat comedic.

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jun 11 2011, 05:31 PM) *
Agree. Pac episodes: Manny is distracted, politics, helping the community, camp members trying to lose weight for cash, repeat

Floyd episodes, Incoherent rambling from Roger, egotistical immature displays of wealth from Floyd, Floyd bitching about no one recognises his chrity work, sarcoidosis, pad slapping, repeat.

24/7 needs to change the record if they want 8 episodes of entertainment, and I stand by my view that the Mayweathers are fully style over substance and have nothing interesting to say. They rely on their cringewworthy antics to claim as entertainment

Roger is the best thing that ever happened to 24/7. You can always get a good laugh out of his ass, even though the shit he says isn't meant to be funny. If you disagree, "you don't know shit about boxin'." LOL!
lloyd mayflower
That may be so, but I dont speak hoodrat.
gravytrain
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jun 11 2011, 05:31 PM) *

lol yeah that's about what their episodes are like. except they usually cue some footage of Pac getting beat on in sparring before dropping the "Pac's attention isn't on boxing" bombshell on people. 24/7 is what it's, it's 85% hyping a fight and 15% boxing. i would much rather them have some scripted shit where Pac is showing up to Marquez's training camp and pulling a Clubber Lang. that would be some prime time entertainment too. the best they've is some scenes of Mosley training his son for like 10 minutes? that's corny.

STEVENSKI
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jun 12 2011, 07:27 AM) *

At least you can understand Manny. Roger on the other hand.......
caneman
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jun 11 2011, 08:34 PM) *

lmao!
Method
4 Weeks is plenty. Let the guys train and do their thing. too much of that camera shit is intrusive, especially when you're trying to get in game face mode.

As mentioned, these guys in 24/7's at his point is like Season 6 of Entourage...caricatures of themselves.

I do enjoy 24/7 and all, but not 8 of em.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jun 11 2011, 06:38 PM) *
That may be so, but I dont speak hoodrat.

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jun 11 2011, 09:34 PM) *

LOL!
flip
I don't think the fight is that big for an 8 week 24/7. Maybe for floyd vs. you know who...

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jun 11 2011, 05:27 PM) *

They do teach english in grade school over there. Manny just didnt finish because of poverty. He obviously knows more english that most Non-US boxers...

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jun 11 2011, 09:34 PM) *

Lol.
VegasGrown420
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Jun 11 2011, 06:20 PM) *
You didn't even have to take it there, man. LOL! I like watchin' Manny outside of the ring. He's somewhat comedic.

Roger is the best thing that ever happened to 24/7. You can always get a good laugh out of his ass, even though the shit he says isn't meant to be funny. If you disagree, "you don't know shit about boxin'." LOL!

That's cause most people don't shit about boxin!!! All the best boxers come outta the mid-west... who doesn't wanna see a little of that?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.