Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: W. Klitschko vs. David Haye:Word Heavyweight Title Fight
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Harvey
Admin Note: Even though the fight is still about three weeks away (July 2nd) There has been strong interest in it. To prevent the over-crowding of pinned up topics. because there are other pin-up round-by-round fights we have to do, we will plan to pin up the poll, possibly at the end of next weekend. (around June 20th)

Jack

Administrator

This will be a good fight David Haye I believe will walk away with this one and hopefully bring a new spark back to heavy weight boxing he has the skills and the mouth to back it up and the look for the ladies we know how that goes but still could bring it back to the front page (What do you think)
SmartyBeardo
The looks are about to take a serious degrading.
BoxingFan86
If he fights as aggressive as he talks, he'll be ok (if he's precise) lol.
Box in Hand
Haye is going to get the puppy dog shit beat out of him.
JONdaCON817
Poor guy... ide like to see a Clit get KO.. but I dnt think it'll happen.. but ill have my fingers crossed..
xxxxxx
I'm surprised this fight aint getting a little more publicity than it is. Aside from the Klits fighting eachother this is The biggest boxing match to be made in the Heavyweight divison. This match is just around the corner also which is a good thing. I'm not sure who wins this one. Obviously Wlad will be the favorite, but Haye has a good punch and Wlad has been floored so this could get interesting. If I remember correctly Haye even rocked Valuev with a decent shot so anything is possible here. I just hope Haye doesn't fight scared and we get a bore fest wit the typical Wlad using the jab and throwing a right hand every 5 minutes. We will see.
Harvey
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Jun 11 2011, 04:50 AM) *
I'm surprised this fight aint getting a little more publicity than it is. Aside from the Klits fighting eachother this is The biggest boxing match to be made in the Heavyweight divison. This match is just around the corner also which is a good thing. I'm not sure who wins this one. Obviously Wlad will be the favorite, but Haye has a good punch and Wlad has been floored so this could get interesting. If I remember correctly Haye even rocked Valuev with a decent shot so anything is possible here. I just hope Haye doesn't fight scared and we get a bore fest wit the typical Wlad using the jab and throwing a right hand every 5 minutes. We will see.

Thats true I donn't understand why the publicity is not higher on this fight than it is for sure it's a better figh than pac man vs mosely anyday but I will be watching and if david fights how he does best it should be easy for him.
mgrover
its because the klits killed the division, and even with haye trying to resurrect it, it takes more than one fighter, there needs to be tension, real tension between two fighters, like marvin hagler v thomas hearns. ali and frazier another good example. klits only taking this fight because he should feel insulted, but I don't think he gives a damn about what haye says, to him haye is an annoying child
AussieLad
Wlad is a fairly safe bet, but i cant help think Haye has a chance. He's not going to outbox Wlad, he's going to have to swarm early for the kill. He's big enough, fast enough, add in Wlads chin is questionable... and you have at least a chance of an upset. Best fight out there in heavyweight land for sure
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Jun 11 2011, 09:16 PM) *
Wlad is a fairly safe bet, but i cant help think Haye has a chance. He's not going to outbox Wlad, he's going to have to swarm early for the kill. He's big enough, fast enough, add in Wlads chin is questionable... and you have at least a chance of an upset. Best fight out there in heavyweight land for sure

Co sign.

I fully expect Wlad to dish out a fairly robotic breakdown & beatdown of Haye. Haye's only chance is to not let Wlad establish a rythm & attack him. Haye will not win by fighting backwards with this man. Wlad has a excellent jab & a long enough reach with the way he throws it to keep Haye at the end of it ready for the right hand bomb down the pipe.
bosco
Haye can win this fight if he fights a discipline fight. Haye has to use a lot of movement and make wlad chase him. He can't allow wlad to plant his feet and sit down on his punches. Haye has to fight in spurts with 3 and 4 punch combinations. Haye needs to start off throwing fast half power punches to lure wlad into thinking he can take Haye's punches to make him open up a bit and then drop the haymaker on him. If Haye can keep wlads feet moving it will take the steam off his punches because he can't plant and pivot.
FightHypeRules
People rip the Klitschkos for supposedly killing heavyweight boxing, but is it THEIR fault there is no one that can beat them? Are they supposed to take handicaps when fighting to make it more even?

It's not like they are ducking anyone. They've fought virtually everyone there is that's got a name. With the exception of a small handful of people, all of which aren't even worth discussing, there's no one they have not fought, unless those people wouldn't fight them.

Valuev kept pricing himself out as he reportedly wanted 2 million dollars to fight. Povetkin isn't going to fight him, as Atlas has said he's not ready.

Who else is there? Boytsev? Dimitrenko? James blubber Toney? Toney has not come to a fight in shape in God knows how long. Aside from talking shit, there's NOTHING that would come of that fight other than him getting seriously hurt. Anyone that would want to see that is a sadist.

So they may not be exciting to watch, but they're fighting everyone there is that is there.
Harvey
QUOTE (FightHypeRules @ Jun 12 2011, 01:21 AM) *
People rip the Klitschkos for supposedly killing heavyweight boxing, but is it THEIR fault there is no one that can beat them? Are they supposed to take handicaps when fighting to make it more even?

It's not like they are ducking anyone. They've fought virtually everyone there is that's got a name. With the exception of a small handful of people, all of which aren't even worth discussing, there's no one they have not fought, unless those people wouldn't fight them.

Valuev kept pricing himself out as he reportedly wanted 2 million dollars to fight. Povetkin isn't going to fight him, as Atlas has said he's not ready.

Who else is there? Boytsev? Dimitrenko? James blubber Toney? Toney has not come to a fight in shape in God knows how long. Aside from talking shit, there's NOTHING that would come of that fight other than him getting seriously hurt. Anyone that would want to see that is a sadist.

So they may not be exciting to watch, but they're fighting everyone there is that is there.

That is the problem with boxing people worry about event worthy to me you fight the next boxer up to bat if not you are cherry picking and that is the bottem line fight who is next up to bat or sit down somewhere
Harvey
QUOTE (bosco @ Jun 11 2011, 11:54 PM) *
Haye can win this fight if he fights a discipline fight. Haye has to use a lot of movement and make wlad chase him. He can't allow wlad to plant his feet and sit down on his punches. Haye has to fight in spurts with 3 and 4 punch combinations. Haye needs to start off throwing fast half power punches to lure wlad into thinking he can take Haye's punches to make him open up a bit and then drop the haymaker on him. If Haye can keep wlads feet moving it will take the steam off his punches because he can't plant and pivot.

You could'nt have said it better wald is a punching bag fighter so you are right some people don't see that so if hayes fight with his style it should be a defeat
JLUVBABY
besides wlads obvious losses... i ve seen him hurt in some fights... but the two that really comes to mind is devarryl williamson and sam peter fights... the reason i bring them up is cuzz they are two fighters highly inferior to wlad but where also able to at least hurt him and have him down... actually you can argue all the guys that have beat him where inferior in over all skill level as well... with that said haye is better than any of the guys that have hurt him and had him down or the guys that went on to beat him... this is a legit fight no matter what the outcome is... haye has a legit chance in this fight... unless haye is bs'ing the public in his belief in being able to win the fight... he has 50% of what he needs to do to win accomplished already... you have to believe you can win before you can go out and execute what you need to do to come out victorious... he says he has that.. with his punch anything is possible.
FightHypeRules
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jun 12 2011, 12:18 AM) *
besides wlads obvious losses... i ve seen him hurt in some fights... but the two that really comes to mind is devarryl williamson and sam peter fights... the reason i bring them up is cuzz they are two fighters highly inferior to wlad but where also able to at least hurt him and have him down... actually you can argue all the guys that have beat him where inferior in over all skill level as well... with that said haye is better than any of the guys that have hurt him and had him down or the guys that went on to beat him... this is a legit fight no matter what the outcome is... haye has a legit chance in this fight... unless haye is bs'ing the public in his belief in being able to win the fight... he has 50% of what he needs to do to win accomplished already... you have to believe you can win before you can go out and execute what you need to do to come out victorious... he says he has that.. with his punch anything is possible.

Am I wrong, or were both of those fights BEFORE Steward took over as his trainer? Since then he's won all his fights, and has become more disciplined. I think the mark of a good fighter is to recognize your weaknesses, and adapt to overcome those.

Since Steward has come on board, Wlad is no longer going out there fighting reckless, he's taking care of business, whether it looks good or not. The worst thing he can do is get lured out of that gameplan just to appease some people who will not like him no matter what.
bosco
QUOTE (FightHypeRules @ Jun 12 2011, 04:26 AM) *
Am I wrong, or were both of those fights BEFORE Steward took over as his trainer? Since then he's won all his fights, and has become more disciplined. I think the mark of a good fighter is to recognize your weaknesses, and adapt to overcome those.

Since Steward has come on board, Wlad is no longer going out there fighting reckless, he's taking care of business, whether it looks good or not. The worst thing he can do is get lured out of that gameplan just to appease some people who will not like him no matter what.

You're wrong, Stewart was his trainer when Sam Peter fought him. When Wlad fought Peter he went down more because of fear and not the punches. Wlad was terrified of Peters punching power in the first fight and fought a very scary fight. Stewart was also his trainer when Lamon Brewster beat Wlad.
JLUVBABY

rather steward was training him or not is not my point.. there is nothing you can do to train a chin and that is where my point comes into play... wlads chin can be and is his achilles hill and haye has all the tools to get to that chin and exploit it... and yes steward was in wlads corner for the brewster and peter fights..
caneman
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jun 12 2011, 09:19 AM) *
rather steward was training him or not is not my point.. there is nothing you can do to train a chin and that is where my point comes into play... wlads chin can be and is his achilles hill and haye has all the tools to get to that chin and exploit it... and yes steward was in wlads corner for the brewster and peter fights..

Part of this fight is about whose chin holds up, while as you said, Haye does have some of those tools to get there...his chin will be tested like it never has before!!! Let me be clear here, I want Haye to stop Wlad in a round or 2 but it will a shame for Haye that Wlad will be checking his chin too, I hate it but feel Wlads stops Haye if Haye is lucky or get beat pillar to post for the whole fight. God I hope I am wrong!
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (caneman @ Jun 12 2011, 10:29 AM) *
Part of this fight is about whose chin holds up, while as you said, Haye does have some of those tools to get there...his chin will be tested like it never has before!!! Let me be clear here, I want Haye to stop Wlad in a round or 2 but it will a shame for Haye that Wlad will be checking his chin too, I hate it but feel Wlads stops Haye if Haye is lucky or get beat pillar to post for the whole fight. God I hope I am wrong!

you are very correct... hayes chin will get tested for sure and wlad is a very heavy hitter... hayes best shot is to get in there and whack out wlad ala sanders... the longer the fight goes the worse it will be for hayes chances to win...
mgrover
the klits killed the heavyweight division because there boring, not because there good.
Warlord
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Jun 11 2011, 04:50 AM) *

It ain't getting no publicity because no one actually believes it is going to happen. Haye's bitched out too many times. We're all just holding our breath until he actually makes it to the ring and the bell sounds.
Jack 1000
My Pick: Klitschko by Wide Decision:

Wlad-Haye is interesting because it is a unification. I just don't know if it will be exciting. That all depends on David. If he is all mouth and no fight, it will be a HUGE letdown. I hope Haye does not fuck this up, because if he does, HBO, (who is not found of the Klitschkos because of boring fights in the past,) might not show Vitali-Adamek. So boxing NEEDS both of these fights to be good. David, please fight with your fists and not your mouth. Adamek will fight, will Haye?

Why do I see Wlad-Haye as a sparring session once Haye gets hurt? Damn it! That's the vision that I have. I hope Wlad lights a fire under Haye's ass about how boring his fights have been. Winning the title from Valuev was a shitty fight and that that disgrace against Audley Harrison! Against rumors that David carried him. It would be funny to see Haye and Wlad in a stare-down, and Wlad just smacks him one! LOL! Haye a lot of times does not always back up what he says.

I really hope that there is an upset where BOTH brothers are dethroned, not because I dislike them. However, boxing needs fresh air in its heavyweight ranks, and as long as both brothers are world champions, there will never be an undisputed heavyweight champion again.

Jack
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Jack I think you may be the only other won besides myself who has actually voted. Yeah Wlad's got his very obvious faults but seriously what are Haye's credentials at HW?

Zero IMHO and if people think Wlad's chin is less than sturdy just wait until they see Haye get cracked. Both klit's have very underrated power, I say underrated because even with their high KO% nowhere in the KO thread will you see them mentioned. Probably because their power isn't as concussive as others but you definately see guys change in the ring after they've eaten some Klit leather.

I expect Haye to behave differently after he takes some shots (probably in the first round) and go into full survival mode.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jun 13 2011, 12:19 AM) *
Jack I think you may be the only other won besides myself who has actually voted. Yeah Wlad's got his very obvious faults but seriously what are Haye's credentials at HW?

Zero IMHO and if people think Wlad's chin is less than sturdy just wait until they see Haye get cracked. Both klit's have very underrated power, I say underrated because even with their high KO% nowhere in the KO thread will you see them mentioned. Probably because their power isn't as concussive as others but you definitely see guys change in the ring after they've eaten some Klit leather.

I expect Haye to behave differently after he takes some shots (probably in the first round) and go into full survival mode.

Yup,

The consensus among boxing people is IF David is going to do anything, he has a maximum of a four round window to land something. Some are saying less than two rounds, because once Haye feels Wlad's power, it's either TKO/KO time with David losing, or he will just run away for as long as he can in losing. Others are saying whoever lands the big shot first. I think that IF David does hurt Vitali, he won't let him off the hook, and it will be a Corrie Sanders blitz. (David's only chance to win in that four round window.)

Once David feels Wlad's power if he can't get the bliz within four, it will just be a methodical breakdown. There's another basic problem that we can't overlook. Haye is just too small for Wlad and he doesn't let his hands go often enough. Haye will be looking for the blitz that 80% chance says does not come. He will get frustrated, and than be forced into survival mode. Haye's just gonna look like a little rag doll in there compared to Wlad.

Jack
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (Warlord @ Jun 13 2011, 11:58 AM) *
It ain't getting no publicity because no one actually believes it is going to happen. Haye's bitched out too many times. We're all just holding our breath until he actually makes it to the ring and the bell sounds.

lol this is true....Warlord how you like Shanghai? I have a meeting there in Sept.

As for my pick I am a Wladimir Fan so I pick him all the way
what's confusing is how people say he's boring...he knocks everyone the fuck out how's that boring?
I mean it was just brutal to see what he did to Chris Byrd....remember that?
everyone else who was top contenders got laid the fuck down lol
remember Calvin Brock? lol the right hook that put him to sleep hahahahaha
Shit people we're talking about Dr. Steel here or is he Dr. Hammer? gosh I get their nicknames mixed any who both are scary ass names hahahahaha
I've watched him in HD hit big ass grown man and they looked as if they got hit by a Mack Truck...just powerful shit man
Wladimir Kickass all day...Haye will sleep like the rest...but I like Haye and If he wins it's good for boxing because he brings the trash talk, and the cockiness
BGv2.0
I think people that believe Haye is just going to stand on the outside and survive a 12 rd. beatdown without taking a shot are simply used to seeing that same old song and dance and so they expect it...

BUT....Haye does not by any means seem like the type of fighter to simply set back and do that.

Hell....even Arreola at the very least tried....

I see Haye being cut of that same mindset...but with the difference being he is much more skilled and for sure faaster than Arreola AND he is in with the weaker chinned brother.

After all the shit talking he has done and from what I have seen of him in the past, I simply do not think Haye will sit there and lose a boring 12 rd. fight.

I could see him taking risks and getting stopped or KOd....but not a boring beatdown....

I think he will at the very least TRY to put some heavy leather on Wlad.....win lose ot draw. I don't think he will sit and take it.

Maxy
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jun 13 2011, 01:11 PM) *
I think people that believe Haye is just going to stand on the outside and survive a 12 rd. beatdown without taking a shot are simply used to seeing that same old song and dance and so they expect it...

BUT....Haye does not by any means seem like the type of fighter to simply set back and do that.

Hell....even Arreola at the very least tried....

I see Haye being cut of that same mindset...but with the difference being he is much more skilled and for sure faaster than Arreola AND he is in with the weaker chinned brother.

After all the shit talking he has done and from what I have seen of him in the past, I simply do not think Haye will sit there and lose a boring 12 rd. fight.

I could see him taking risks and getting stopped or KOd....but not a boring beatdown....

I think he will at the very least TRY to put some heavy leather on Wlad.....win lose ot draw. I don't think he will sit and take it.

I 100% agree and find it almost laughable that some fellas seem to believe Haye will enter into a damage limitation exercise. Whether he can win or not you can all be guaranteed of one thing...Haye will give it his best, he'll have a right ol' go and if he falls short nobody will be able to accuse him of not trying to win.
BoxingWizard23
Haye is fast enought to get past Wlad's jab. Wlad doesn't have the fastest jab matter of fact he didn't need to have a fast jab especially against opponent he was up against. None were even fast the closes in terms of speed was Chambers and he still wasn't remotely fast enough. People get on Haye about that Valuev fight but the thing is this, Haye never was a game plan type fighter he was always the type to go to war and throw bombs. He learned to develop a game plan against Valuev and he outboxed and out pointed Valuev easily. And he even rocked him and if there was more minutes left he would have probably dropped him. It's a 50/50 fight really. I can't call it. Both have the tools to beat the other of course it's leaning more toward Wlad's side because of his heavyweight and overall experience. We'll see and I can't wait for the Face Off with Max Kellerman LOL it should be fun.
gravytrain
Valuev's handlers kept him away from the Klits, Haye beating him means nothing for this match up. Haye also fought a very apprehensive fight against Valuev when Valuev isn't the fighter Wlad or Vitali is.

people really hype up Wlad's KO losses in this match up. for one he was real shitty back then, he was like a big ass Paul Williams with no punch volume. he also never got stopped by one punch. the best fight to use for what his chin is like would be against Sam Peter and Peter didn't even stop him when he was trying to make it a fight and was dropping Wlad. the problem is that Haye isn't going to throw caution to the wind like that and even if he stuns Wlad all that's gonna happen is he'll get tied up.
D-MARV
Im pretty hyped for this fight. I can't wait to see Wlad flop around like a fish out of water. Haye will take him out within 3 rounds.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jun 13 2011, 08:42 PM) *
Im pretty hyped for this fight. I can't wait to see Wlad flop around like a fish out of water. Haye will take him out within 3 rounds.

Marv I think you may be a fish out of water with that paltry vote of yours, haha.
Warlord
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Jun 13 2011, 07:11 AM) *
lol this is true....Warlord how you like Shanghai? I have a meeting there in Sept.

Shanghai sucks, dude. I prefer Tokyo. Never been to Kawasaki though. How you liking it there?

Which part of Shanghai are you going to?

As for my pick I am a Wladimir Fan so I pick him all the way
what's confusing is how people say he's boring...he knocks everyone the fuck out how's that boring?
I mean it was just brutal to see what he did to Chris Byrd....remember that?
everyone else who was top contenders got laid the fuck down lol
remember Calvin Brock? lol the right hook that put him to sleep hahahahaha
Shit people we're talking about Dr. Steel here or is he Dr. Hammer? gosh I get their nicknames mixed any who both are scary ass names hahahahaha
I've watched him in HD hit big ass grown man and they looked as if they got hit by a Mack Truck...just powerful shit man
Wladimir Kickass all day...Haye will sleep like the rest...but I like Haye and If he wins it's good for boxing because he brings the trash talk, and the cockiness

I never thought either Klit was boring. They take their time, brutalizing their opponents, setting up the KO methodically, and then follow through. It's just a double standard you have to get used to. When the Klits use the sweet science to win, they are boring and the reason why boxing is dead. When Gayweather does it, it's all good in the hood and everyone swings from his dirty nutsack as if he were Jesus Christ in the flesh.

The funniest thing of all is the Klits finish opponents. Gayweather doesn't.
Jack 1000
I wonder when the ref and judges will be finalized for this fight? This is the best for the heavyweight division at least for the present. My friend thinks that because both have vulnerable chins that if this is a blitz fight, whoever lands first, could get the upper hand for the win. I see it a little differently. Wlad takes less risks since the Sanders disaster working off his jab from the outside. I think Wlad knows, if he brawls, his chin COULD let him down again. Haye does not have the greatest chin either. It is possible the either could get hit by an electric shock of lightning early, and not recover.

If it's not a blitz and a Wlad chess game, this will be similar to other Wlad fights. Haye is too small to get past Wlad's long arms and height. But not so small that David can blitz Wlad's chin. Both have the punch to hurt the other. But will they use it, and must David find that "Hail Mary" early to have a chance to win? I say yes. The longer the fight goes, the worse it is for Haye. What COULD suck and might happen is BOTH might fear getting hit by the other and we get a ZZZ fest. But this is unlikely. Still think that David's opportunity remains in the first four rounds. Wlad certainly would be foolish to fight apprehensively when he knows Haye can no longer hurt him, probably by the middle to late stages of the fight, Wlad will pour it on, if it gets to the point.

We are likely to see a very exciting fight within four rounds, but after that, a beating inflicted by the much bigger and stronger fighter. Gotta stick with Wlad by a wide decision.

Jack
Nay_Sayer

Steward was in Wlad's corner for the Brewster beatdown and when Sam Peter put him on the canvas three times...
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jun 13 2011, 07:06 PM) *
people really hype up Wlad's KO losses in this match up. for one he was real shitty back then, he was like a big ass Paul Williams with no punch volume. he also never got stopped by one punch. the best fight to use for what his chin is like would be against Sam Peter and Peter didn't even stop him when he was trying to make it a fight and was dropping Wlad. the problem is that Haye isn't going to throw caution to the wind like that and even if he stuns Wlad all that's gonna happen is he'll get tied up.

You're WAY off.

First, Wlad was shitty back then and Wlad is shitty NOW.

Secondly, Wlad HAS been stopped by one punch. See Corrie Sanders...
gravytrain
QUOTE (Warlord @ Jun 14 2011, 12:59 AM) *
Shanghai sucks, dude. I prefer Tokyo. Never been to Kawasaki though. How you liking it there?

Which part of Shanghai are you going to?

I never thought either Klit was boring. They take their time, brutalizing their opponents, setting up the KO methodically, and then follow through. It's just a double standard you have to get used to. When the Klits use the sweet science to win, they are boring and the reason why boxing is dead. When Gayweather does it, it's all good in the hood and everyone swings from his dirty nutsack as if he were Jesus Christ in the flesh.

The funniest thing of all is the Klits finish opponents. Gayweather doesn't.

Wlad is boring. it's not that he boxes, the problem is that he'll be in with someone that should be out cold inside of 5 rounds and Manny Steward will be yelling for Wlad to stop him but Wlad lets him stay in the fight and will take him to decision. i can't give credit to someone for not getting the kind of victory they deserve.

QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Jun 20 2011, 03:56 PM) *
You're WAY off.

First, Wlad was shitty back then and Wlad is shitty NOW.

Secondly, Wlad HAS been stopped by one punch. See Corrie Sanders...

lol you cats crack me up with this shit. Wlad was seriously bad for quite some time but he isn't the same fighter he was back in 2003 or the 1990s. i don't even really like him but i can't hate on him that much, he's gotten better. but if his chin is so bad then how did he deal with Sam Peter? the old Wlad would have been stopped again.
SmartyBeardo
The egg don't uncrack. Haye has got a serious chance.
The CEO
Wlad is gonna beat Haye worse than he did Byrd in their rematch...
BGv2.0
Couple of things I do not agree with, but am seeing quite a bit in this thread.

I do not in anyway accept it as a double standard that people rag on the Klits for doing what PBF does. That argument does not wash at HW. PBF can do it and I myself accept it because he is a smaller man......

there is NO WAY...I repeat NO WAY....I want to or expect men that are 6'7 and 250+ lbs. to do it.

ANd, I also consider PBF boring for the most part. I've always said the ONLY reason anybody cares to watch a PBF or Klit fight is based on the opposition....and a hope to see a loss. Nobody watches them to see the same old boring victory....nobody EXCEPT hardcore Klit/PBF fans.

So although I do get the comparison...I don't think the Klits get a pass as they are so F'N huge more is expected out of them.

ALSO...and this is related to the fight at hand.

I keep seeing people comment on how bad Haye's chin is and in particular the Barrett fight.

People need to keep in mind Barrett floored Tua about a year ago....that's not an easy task. So who is to say it's not so much a matter of Haye's chin being "weak" as it could be Barrett getting stronger as he's aging out....I've seen that happen a few times over the years.

Just a thought.
DoubleDee88
Haye wins by stoppage, he'll have to take a few bombs from Wlad on the way, but he'll hurt Wlad, jump on him and the ref will stop the fight.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 23 2011, 07:25 PM) *
Alright, since nobody else seems to want to ask - you got a digital of them DoubleDees?

Dammit Beardo! You already made Sentral change its sig!
Jack 1000
LOL!

I got a laugh out of the OT posts above. But we had to delete them because they have nothing to do with this thread for the Klitschko-Haye preview fight. Users should use e-mail or PM for correspondence totally unrelated to the topic threads. Much appreciated.

Time to get back on topic to the Haye-Klitschko fight. I think that there has been considerable discussion of the biltz being used by Haye as his best, if not only chance to win. In order for Haye to be effective outside of the blitz, he may need to do what he physically cannot do against Wlad. Be a strong inside fighter throwing fast combinations with pressure. David would almost need to be like Holyfield in there. But he doesn't have the skills, nor the inside ability to fire off rapid exchanges. Haye remains too small against the size and jab of Klitschko.

Jack

Administrator
King Eugene
I voted Wlad by KO which I think will be late in the fight if Haye gasses and gets sloppy but I'm rooting for Haye. I dont see him outboxing Wlad nor do I see him getting inside much and banging because Wlad will just hold him. He has a shot of landing something clean because of his attributes but that depends on if Wlad leaves any openings.

As far as Wlad fighting like Floyd. He is too big for that shit...give someone like James Toney that size and he'd be knocking mofos out left and right. Any man considered "big" in their division is known for knocking dudes out left and right. Not boxing them for 12 rounds at long range. Imagine if Tommy Hearns waited around for guys to tire out and then went in for the kill or was just satisfied with going the distance. That shit is not whats up!
Jack 1000
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 23 2011, 10:58 PM) *
You got a problem with cleavage, Jack? I know The Siamese Klit don't. Not sure about Haye.

The officiating will be key (as always) in this one. Will the ref let Wlad hold like a big ol' bitch? If he does then Haye has that much more to worry about and he will more than likely get worn down.

I really think that Haye needs to stay at distance for at least the 1st half of the 1st round and when he gets warm go for broke. Wlad is not Valuev. Haye has 6 rounds max to at least hurt Wlad and put him in panic mode.

I am reasonably certain that if Wlad lands flush Haye bites canvass.

Sure SB,

Either could do a "Sanders" on the other, LOL! Especially early.

Both have vulnerable chins and if they come out with something to prove, this could be, who lands first. I honestly think that if either lands flush and scores a hard KO, the scorer of that KD WILL NOT let the victim off the hook. Especially so with Wlad. He seems more pissed and energized for this fight than any I remember for a long time. This could be over in 90 seconds, it could go the full 12 rounds. This is that kind of fight.

If it is a war, it could be like Lewis-Vitali. I think if it is a boxing match, that goes into Wlad's territory where he has the jab, height, size and reach. This is what I think. Haye has the advantage early when David can go like Hagler ageist Hears on him. Wlad won't like that, and could get Sanders'ed again. At the same time, Haye could leave himself open and get himself KO'd.

But Haye can't brawl for long periods of time. His stamina won't allow that. That's why I keep coming back to that four round window for David to do something huge. If Haye hit's Wlad with his Sunday best punch Haymaker, and Wlad does NOT get "Sanders'ed," I think David will become discouraged very easily. Wlad might get discouraged if his brawl plan doesn't work. But Wlad does have a plan B to go back to boxing. I don't know what David's strategy will be, but something tells me that Haye won't have a plan B.

Jack

PS. Best refs for the fight: Steve Smoger, Kenny Bayless, Tony Weeks, Pat Russell, or Stan Christodoulu. Either would be good for this fight. Anyone but Joe Cortez!

Oscare4
Something tells me Haye will try to outbox Klitschko in this fight and get stopped while doing so. Ill be cheering for him regardless
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Oscare4 @ Jun 24 2011, 06:44 AM) *
Something tells me Haye will try to outbox Klitschko in this fight and get stopped while doing so. Ill be cheering for him regardless

I'm with you. Haye depositing half of The Siamese Klit in a large heap would do wonders for the heavyweight division and boxing in general.
King Eugene
Haye winning would definitely shake some shit up. That would put even more pressure on Vitali to get a win just so they can face off.

Smoger should be the ref...he'll let you fight til your past helpless.
Jack 1000
Geno Rodriguez of Chicago is listed by Box Rec as ref. Not my first choice. Sometimes he's a little too quick on stoppage fights. However, he also worked Wlad's fight with Sanders and look what happened there! LOL! Geno's not exactly Richard Steele for quick stoppages. But he might jump in a little faster than some would like. He's certainly no Steve Smoger for letting fights go on longer than they should.

Jack

Prov0
Im actually pumped for this fight lol.cant remember the last Heavyweight fight i been pumped up for lol.
Im not sure who wins this fight im still thinking lol .i would like to see Haye win though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.