Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: W. Klitschko vs. David Haye:Word Heavyweight Title Fight
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3
D-MARV
QUOTE (Warlord @ Jul 2 2011, 11:07 AM) *
That's what I was thinking. The time difference is gonna screw me. The fight won't be on here until 4:45am.

Damn... What are you going to do? Are you just going to stay awake?
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 2 2011, 10:56 AM) *
I live in Washington D.C and it's live here at 4:45pm!

Whoa!!! Thanks Dmarv...for some reason I thought it was a 5:45pm start and i would have been sooooooo pissed if I turned on HBO an hour late.

Got a great day planned. Going to see Transformers 3 in less than 2 hours with a few friends and all our kids, then to watch the big fight, and then go to my nephews 16th B-day party!
Maxy
QUOTE (Warlord @ Jul 2 2011, 10:54 AM) *
laugh.gif

When is the fucking fight starting? I thought that shit was 4:45 Hamburg time. If my time converter is right, that shit should be on soon.

They are due in the ring sometime just after 10pm UK time although I've also heard it may be around 22.30....

Between 5 and a half to 6 hours time.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 2 2011, 11:21 AM) *
Whoa!!! Thanks Dmarv...for some reason I thought it was a 5:45pm start and i would have been sooooooo pissed if I turned on HBO an hour late.

Got a great day planned. Going to see Transformers 3 in less than 2 hours with a few friends and all our kids, then to watch the big fight, and then go to my nephews 16th B-day party!

Let me know how Transformers turn out!

I'm going to see Bad Teacher tonight with my girl but I'm trying to talk her into Transformers!
FightHypeRules
from what I heard it'll be about 2pm West Coast USA Time when they are supposed to get in the ring (after the prefight stuff), and 5pm on the East Coast.

Weather is shit there from what I understand. They have the ring covered though, so hopefully things go off well.

Wlad was talking about the massive difference in fighting indoors and fighting outdoors in a stadium, what with the weather and atmosphere and all. Never thought about that, but then I saw a picture from the 1921 Dempsey fight and was like WHOA! that would be intimidating to be in the middle of all those people outside and all.

I think Wlad is going to take this though. I think Haye made a mistake in riling him up so much. He wanted to throw him off, hopefully get him out of his gameplan, but I don't think it's going to work. I don't think Wlad is as mentally weak as many others seem to think.

BTW:I apparently pissed off some London guy on twitter who I don't even know or follow and doesn't folow me, because I posted up that Haye was going to pay for all his running his mouth, and had the hash tag #LondonPrickIsFallingDown.

lol...dude wrote me like "is that supposed to be funny?" I told him I thought it was kinda clever myself.
BGv2.0
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 2 2011, 11:00 AM) *

I'm going to see Bad Teacher tonight with my girl but I'm trying to talk her into Transformers!

I can tell you how it is and I've not even seeen it yet.....IT SUCKS BIG DONKEY BALLS like the first two did!

Bad Teacher will suck too, unless you like looking at a talking peice of tanned leather squint thru mascara caked eyes....then it will be all you.

The only thing worth checking out now is Troll Hunter! Saw it last night and it was F'N bad ass.

Actually in relation to Trolls...I do think Cameron Diaz would have been able to star in it...with that cat-anus face of hers.
FightHypeRules
any streams floating around out there? Would love to get one. Thank you.
BGv2.0
A Haye win is the ONLY good thing for the division and for boxing right now. I'll even accept a Haye loss to older Bro. Vitali AFTER this fight...as it would still really shake things up.

IF Haye were to win today....then fight Vitali....should he win that, we would have a Unified HW champion....HOWEVER...if he wins today...then was to lose to Vitali...we would still have a Unified HW champion with only 1 single fighter out there to fight....his little bro. lol

What would Vitali do....drop the belts so he and his bro. could avoid a fight? OR....simply keep them and fight a few shrubs....either way it would put them in an odd predicament.

Come on HAYE!!!

A Wlad win does not change a thing....same old boring business as usual.

KookedKrack
in to see Haye get stretched smile_anim.gif
The Original MrFactor
I want Haye to win. However, I think Klitscko will do his normal jab, jab, right. I think Haye will fair just like everyone else. The Klitschko's are just too big and good. Haye does stand a chance if he catches Klitscko with a huge punch and jumps on him. OR.... Haye could win if he opens up a big cut on Klitchsko ala Lennox Lewis. It will be fun to watch Haye try for about 3 rounds before he gives it up and runs for the other 9.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 2 2011, 12:00 PM) *

I liked Transformers 3 a lot, it did not "SUCK BIG DONKEY BALLS". I really liked Transformers 1, and the second one was not as good IMO. This one was pretty good, but I had my two young boys there constantly talking to me and distracting me. I look forward to seeing it again on Blu-ray when it comes out.

Oh...don't go see Troll Hunter. It is a big pile of steaming shit and I didn't even see it and never will! laugh.gif
BGv2.0
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 2 2011, 10:01 PM) *
I liked Transformers 3 a lot, it did not "SUCK BIG DONKEY BALLS". I really liked Transformers 1, and the second one was not as good IMO. This one was pretty good, but I had my two young boys there constantly talking to me and distracting me. I look forward to seeing it again on Blu-ray when it comes out.

Oh...don't go see Troll Hunter. It is a big pile of steaming shit and I didn't even see it and never will! laugh.gif

Sounds like your boys have more sense than daddy! lol J/K

BUT...it does say something when a movie with supposedly cool robots can't keep kids occupied.

I think Bey's Transformers is a F'N abomination. Not only is it a disgrace to every serious Gen 1 Trans. fan...but the guy just makes TERRIBLE CRAP! His directing is atrocious. There are plot holes in ALL of his films that you could drive Optimus Prime through and he ALWAYS has the worst continuity in shots ever.

One second the kid is holding the cube, the next second he's not...oops...now it's back again! lol

or how about the driver that is in Barricade and gone and back again....

shit drives me bat shit crazy....just awful directing!

Making robots "pee" on people....giving Devestator "balls"....always having puppies hump things....he just sucks.

NOW....I will say that for once it looks like he MAY have gotten at least one robot correct....Shockwave.

I was not going to see this crap pile...because you never know how he is going to do things....I'd like to see if Shockwave was done correctly...but with Bey....he might only be in there for 2 minutes before he bites it.

SO....if you tell me that Shockwave has a decent role in the film....I'll go check it out!

The only saving grace is that this is Bey's final run at Transformers and hopefully a new director will come in and reset the franchise in a few years and do it right.

I swear the 1985 animated movie has more thought and emotion put into it than any of these 3 he has put out.

AND....I know you did not see Troll Hunter...because if you had....you would never had even sullied it's greatness by typing that...even in a "joking" fashion.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jul 3 2011, 03:13 AM) *
Sounds like your boys have more sense than daddy! lol J/K

BUT...it does say something when a movie with supposedly cool robots can't keep kids occupied.

I think Bey's Transformers is a F'N abomination. Not only is it a disgrace to every serious Gen 1 Trans. fan...but the guy just makes TERRIBLE CRAP! His directing is atrocious. There are plot holes in ALL of his films that you could drive Optimus Prime through and he ALWAYS has the worst continuity in shots ever.

One second the kid is holding the cube, the next second he's not...oops...now it's back again! lol

Making robots "pee" on people....giving Devestator "balls"....always having puppies hump things....he just sucks.

NOW....I will say that for once it looks like he MAY have gotten at least one robot correct....Shockwave.

I was not going to see this crap pile...because you never know how he is going to do things....I'd like to see if Shockwave was done correctly...but with Bey....he might only be in there for 2 minutes before he bites it.

SO....if you tell me that Shockwave has a decent role in the film....I'll go check it out!

The only saving grace is that this is Bey's final run at Transformers and hopefully a new director will come in and reset the franchise in a few years and do it right.

I swear the 1985 animated movie has more thought and emotion put into it than any of these 3 he has put out.

AND....I know you did not see Troll Hunter...because if you had....you would never had even sullied it's greatness by typing that...even in a "joking" fashion.

I went with two of my friends and my two boys and they each have a boy. My boys(4 and 7) both loved it! They just kept talking to me and turning around, cause they had to sit in front of me cause it was packed, and they wanted candy and popcorn. I gave it too them in spurts cause i didn't trust them holding big thing of popcorn and their candy boxes.

My one friend loved it, the other thought it was okay and hopes another director redoes in a few years. He was a little critical of it.

I grew up watching Transformers, but to be honest I just do not remember everything like some do. I guess I was not as big of a fan as some. Sure these movies could have been better, but I am not the most sophisticated guy and I guess it's enough to satisfy me. Now I really did like the 1st Transformers, and ROTF did let me down. It just did not have that same excitement to me. Now this one was better than the last one, but of course some are going to hate it like the others.

One thing I did notice in the final battle scene, on 3 different shots in different angles this big clock was 3 different times at the same scene. I thought that was pretty bad I caught that 1st time watching it. You'd think someone making those big bucks would have seen that and have fixed it.

Man I ain't saying shit about Shockwave, lol. Just rent the movie when it comes out on dvd cause if you hated the first two, you surely will not like this one.

I never heard of Troll Hunter and have no clue what it's about. Does it have that midget evil guy in it and that former NFL player who played that cop in that 80's tv show? Haha.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 3 2011, 03:29 AM) *
I went with two of my friends and my two boys and they each have a boy. My boys(4 and 7) both loved it! They just kept talking to me and turning around, cause they had to sit in front of me cause it was packed, and they wanted candy and popcorn. I gave it too them in spurts cause i didn't trust them holding big thing of popcorn and their candy boxes.

My one friend loved it, the other thought it was okay and hopes another director redoes in a few years. He was a little critical of it.

I grew up watching Transformers, but to be honest I just do not remember everything like some do. I guess I was not as big of a fan as some. Sure these movies could have been better, but I am not the most sophisticated guy and I guess it's enough to satisfy me. Now I really did like the 1st Transformers, and ROTF did let me down. It just did not have that same excitement to me. Now this one was better than the last one, but of course some are going to hate it like the others.

One thing I did notice in the final battle scene, on 3 different shots in different angles this big clock was 3 different times at the same scene. I thought that was pretty bad I caught that 1st time watching it. You'd think someone making those big bucks would have seen that and have fixed it.

Man I ain't saying shit about Shockwave, lol. Just rent the movie when it comes out on dvd cause if you hated the first two, you surely will not like this one.

I never heard of Troll Hunter and have no clue what it's about. Does it have that midget evil guy in it and that former NFL player who played that cop in that 80's tv show? Haha.

Geez thanks for the rundown of family life LL and the free movie review.

Whaddya we gonna hear about next? You taking a dump laugh.gif
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jul 3 2011, 05:13 PM) *

True fans should launch a class action against Bay the piece of shit who DESTROYED the greatest cartoon franchise in history.

All the reasons you listed above & the fact that it is difficult to distinguish who is who (especially decepticons) & overcomplicating the robot modes is a huge mistake. That excludes the racist stereotypes he overtly displays & ruins the 2nd movie with.

I tried to watch it with my GF who gets confused enough with the G1 cartoon (she thought Soundwave was a good guy for ages) & she said I don't understand who is that? Are they good? Who is the bad guy? This is stupid!

I agree with her assesment

QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jul 3 2011, 05:13 PM) *

That is the only true Transformers movie. As a massive fan of the G1 series & a collector of Transformers I see G1 as a level of purity that can never be reached by the Bayverse trash. I refuse to collect the movie line toys on principal.
BGv2.0
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jul 3 2011, 04:31 AM) *
True fans should launch a class action against Bay the piece of shit who DESTROYED the greatest cartoon franchise in history.

All the reasons you listed above & the fact that it is difficult to distinguish who is who (especially decepticons) & overcomplicating the robot modes is a huge mistake. That excludes the racist stereotypes he overtly displays & ruins the 2nd movie with.

I tried to watch it with my GF who gets confused enough with the G1 cartoon (she thought Soundwave was a good guy for ages) & she said I don't understand who is that? Are they good? Who is the bad guy? This is stupid!

I agree with her assesment

That is the only true Transformers movie. As a massive fan of the G1 series & a collector of Transformers I see G1 as a level of purity that can never be reached by the Bayverse trash. I refuse to collect the movie line toys on principal.

I've always said Bey basically bent me over and raped me with an Optimus Prime toy in relation to raping my childhood. His reasoning behind major changes are so self centered it urks me! I mean, how can you fuck up Optimus Prime....I don't care if you make him a Mack, or a Peterbilt, or a Volvo.....all you have to do is make it a RED semitruck....that's it. When asked why he added blue flames.....his response...."because I like flames".....

GREAT....never mind 25 years of consistancy!

And you are toally correct in relation to the robots being overly complex.....9/10...I cannot tell where an arm begins and whose leg is whose....it's a like a jummbled mess of twisted shit.....it reminds me of cartoons when bugs bunny and daffy fuck would get into a fight and all you would see is clouds moving with arms and legs popping out.....lol

During the buildup for the first film...Bey once commented on how complex Jazz's gun was....saying that his gun alone had over 10,000 individual CGI generated peices. I new then he going to screw it all up.

Don't get me wrong...I understand that Hollywood would not want to give us the simple boxy transformations of the cartoon...and as a fan and with the capability of CGI....I would not want that. But it would be nice to have a middle ground between Bey's over complex world and the simplicity of the first.

And I think that will be the MAJOR problem for any poor director that has to try and right the ship. Bey has now set the bar with the sheep like masses that anything LESS than what he has given, will be seen as simplier and therefore not as good.

The only way I think it could be done would be to take it back to the American Civil War area....1860's. There was actually a comic done several years back in that time period that took all of the major cartoon players and put them in that time period....I think Optimus was a locomotive....or something. Starscream was a Red Baron looking propeller plane. Megatron was this huge cannon.

I think if they did that story line, the simpler transformations would be accepted due to the time period. PLUS...with it occuring during the civil war...civil war could still denote the battle between Autobots and Decepticons.

If you have not seen it, do a web search for some of those from that comic run, I think you would be impressed.

AND....for those that have not seen it check out the trialer for Troll Hunter on youtude.

Sorry that this thread has become so off topic....but after yesterday's fight...I doubt anybody really cares. lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.