Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: W. Klitschko vs. David Haye:Word Heavyweight Title Fight
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jun 25 2011, 07:51 AM) *
Geno Rodriguez of Chicago is listed by Box Rec as ref. Not my first choice. Sometimes he's a little too quick on stoppage fights. However, he also worked Wlad's fight with Sanders and look what happened there! LOL! Geno's not exactly Richard Steele for quick stoppages. But he might jump in a little faster than some would like. He's certainly no Steve Smoger for letting fights go on longer than they should.

Jack

Maybe picking the same ref that Wlad had for the Sanders fight COULD be a psychological ploy by Haye's team!

Jack
ChadSaysTakeTheTest
hayes guna ROCK big Klitschko..watch
Jack 1000
I acidently merged these topics below incorrectly! Corrected below:

Jack

Administrator

BigG's assesment:

Come Sat...MANY...not all but many what if's will not mean jack shit if Haye loses.

SO....I post this today with the little time we have to ponder this particular question....should he win we can keep it open for further discussion.

Basic mindsets in regard to the Klits are divided, you have those that feel their time as HW champions are valid and worthy of respect/praise and then those that feel they are simply the 2 best men in a all-time terrible HW disvion.

I admit...I fall into the second catagory. Although I do not HATE the Klits, I have found their "reign" to be exceptionally hard to swallow, boring and actually the last couple years of zero significance.

My question is, for sure for those that have touted the bros. as excellent champions. IF...and we all realize that's a big IF...but if Haye manages to pull off not only the win over Wlad...but also a victory over Vitali....and then retired, granted no rematches but just left the game.

Would this totally hold water in relationship to those that have always questioned their reign?

Would BOTH bros being beaten by a smaller HW be the icing on the cake to pretty much make their "reign" a smoke and mirror BS legacy, that when compared to Champions of the past....is not worthy of them being mentioned.

I think it would.

I don't think a win over Haye does anything more or less to the Klits....but a double win by Haye....even if they were close....I think totally sinks the ship on any claim that the Klits legacy is anything more than a paper tiger.

Salvedor's Response:

It would depend on how Haye won. If Haye beat Wlad with one shot in the early rounds it wouldn't mean that much. And beating Vitali at 40 won't impress many historians.

Both Klits would be strong competition for any of the hws in the history of the division. Not that they are necessarily the best of all time, but just due to their size and their jabs and their power, both Klits have clearly proven themselves to be serious competitors with serious longevity. Neither has to worry about their legacy.

As for Haye, his entire legacy would be the Klits as he's never beaten a top fighter, much less a top hw. Haye's biggest claim to fame is his mouth - and he is definitely a world champion talker.

BGv2.0
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jun 28 2011, 04:58 PM) *
Salvedor's Response:

It would depend on how Haye won. If Haye beat Wlad with one shot in the early rounds it wouldn't mean that much. And beating Vitali at 40 won't impress many historians.

Both Klits would be strong competition for any of the hws in the history of the division. Not that they are necessarily the best of all time, but just due to their size and their jabs and their power, both Klits have clearly proven themselves to be serious competitors with serious longevity. Neither has to worry about their legacy.

As for Haye, his entire legacy would be the Klits as he's never beaten a top fighter, much less a top hw. Haye's biggest claim to fame is his mouth - and he is definitely a world champion talker.

See I have a really hard time with the word "legacy" and the Klits being even remotely close to one another.

I agree that they would always be compeitive, but I just have a hard time with giving them any credit for a "legacy" with the degree of comp and the state of the HW division since LL retired.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jun 28 2011, 11:14 PM) *
See I have a really hard time with the word "legacy" and the Klits being even remotely close to one another.

I agree that they would always be competitive, but I just have a hard time with giving them any credit for a "legacy" with the degree of comp and the state of the HW division since LL retired.

I agree Big G,

The thing is, Klitschko-Haye is the best we can do, with perhaps a shot of lightning chance that Haye could win and fight Vitali for the Undisputed Title.

This fight has the potential for excitement, especially early with the suspect chins of both fighters. If we are going to see a war, it is likely to be explosive and short, with the kind of fight, because of the chins, could be over when that first vicious shot lands. The recovery rate from danger is not exactly stellar for either Wlad or David, but at least it's a little better for Wlad other than the Sanders disaster. Haye has been stopped before and a big problem for David is his lack of heavyweight experience and swallowing heavyweight punches.

So much will be said based on the reaction of who gets hit first in this fight. That cannot be emphasized enough. I still believe that Haye has to blitz to win, and he's got a four round opportunity to make something happen. If Haye floors Wlad with a big shot early, I could see it over early. If Wlad floors Haye with a big shot early, again an early KO/TKO.

But what happens if Haye lands his Sunday Haymaker and Wlad goes absolutely nowhere? I think that is going to discourage him. This is a 50/50 blitz within the first four rounds for either guy to win, just as much due to other having a suspect chin, maybe even more than skill. But if the Hay lands and Wlad comes back and hurts David. which I believe WILL happen if the fight goes longer than 4 rounds. it will be a beat-down and could become a methodical affair. David is very unlikely to look good in the later rounds. He can't fuck this up and do a sparring session like he did against Valuev. He's gonna catch so much shit if he does that!

The longer this goes the worse for David it becomes. With even money early I would say.

Jack
gravytrain
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jun 29 2011, 12:14 AM) *

I agree that they would always be compeitive, but I just have a hard time with giving them any credit for a "legacy" with the degree of comp and the state of the HW division since LL retired.

Joe Louis fought in a weak era too. i don't think the weak era is the problem, it's how they win fights. both of these cats are fully capable of taking anyone they fight out early. Wlad will straight up take you to a decision if you've a pulse and Vitali will just catch you with arm punches all night. kind of like how Wlad was happy just to coast against Ibragimov instead of actually trying to win it like he should of have won it.
Maxy
So, what's the buzz in America about this fight? Doesn't appear to be attracting major influence as far as posts go on this board and considering it's only a few days away I find that surprising. Just watched a nice hour long preview program on Sky with the Mrs and my two boys and they were all glued to it. Everyone is pumped up for this, everyone has different opinions but it's a big topic of conversation at work and I don't often see that with boxing.

Great to see. Looked forward to this fight for a long time but getting the impression that perhaps it's only a massive fight in Europe. Maybe the majority of Americans don't care too much for either fighter which would explain why this thread is being left the fuck behind by the Mayweather-Ortiz thread...a fight that ain't happening for another 3 odd months.

So what's the deal?
BGv2.0
Well...you have to keep in mind the HW division has basically been a non-issue for most American fans for many, many years. Even going back to LL. There is a very long list of American Boxing fans who thought his safety fisrt approach was boring and bland....THEN came the the Klits who for those same fans was n even MORE boring white LL.

Total interest in the HW division just fell to an all time low.

There are more pople than usual interested in this matchup...but that's not to say it's captured the minds of 100% of all American boxing fans.

Then you have the group of fans that have been so accustomed to seeing the Klits feast on absolute garbage/shit opposition for so long, thet they really are jaded and think that Haye is just another pretender.

Then of course you have that tight group little niche that LOVE the Klits and think that once again Klit will steam roll this guy like all others.

So for many...it's just "Business as usual"....

Which I do not agree with....when looking at this fight there are a lot of interesting aspects do to style and skills that both have and lack.

I thik the only people REALLY interested in this fight...are well informed, well schooled boxing fans....and with the blow up of MMA....here in America...that is a VERY small group.

As a HW fan....I'm just glad HBO (or anybody for that matter) picked it up.

This is why A Blowout UGLY KO win by Haye is IMHO...a VERY important event. This division has been in dire straits for so long...it really does need a change...I'm not even a Haye fan and I for sure do not see him as some sort of savior for the division....but it would be nice for SOMETHING...>ANYTHING....to take place to help garner a little interest in the division.

I think with a Haye fight....you could maybe sell Haye/Vitali as a HW Unification PPV event....

And let me tell you....a legit HW PPV event....it's been SO LONG....it almost feels unreal typing it....

For a division I care about deeply....it needs some new life.

My mother, who has been subjected to YEARS of boxing due to her father and her son being huge boxing fans....always keeps a casual eye on matchups....here in the states all we have gotten as a promo for the fight is a 15min HBO interview with both fighters by Max Kellerman.....she watched it the other day and when I asked her who she thought was going to win....she said "I think the Haye guy is". When I asked why, she replied...."Because it's just time, those two old boys have had it way too long, they are boring and it's just time". lol

That's coming from a 65 yo woman with only a casual interest.....but I think the sentiment is very much what many think.

And keep in mind I say all of this with no true dislike for the Klits....I HATE their style and LOATHE most of their opponents.....BUT....as men...I respect them both very much and have always acknowledged their skill and ability....but I would be lying if I said was not ready for a change...even if it's just a moderate one....ANYTHING to make things a little interesting would be nice.

lloyd mayflower
I'm sitting watching a build up to this fight right now. Up till now iv not been sure of ANY aspect of this fight, blowout or twelve rounds, Haye or Klitschko, I just dont know. But the more build up I watch, the more I am convinced that this fight is going to be epic. I think its going to be one of those fights where wherever you watch it, you will feel the tension build, one of those where you get butterflies, and surprised I am to be saying this for a HW fight, I think its going to be fireworks and I cant wait. I think both guys are going to get rocked early, and I think there will be a brutal finish, within 6.

Anyway, I'm excited. Havent said that for a heavy fight since Lennox retired.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jun 29 2011, 02:06 PM) *
So, what's the buzz in America about this fight? Doesn't appear to be attracting major influence as far as posts go on this board and considering it's only a few days away I find that surprising. Just watched a nice hour long preview program on Sky with the Mrs and my two boys and they were all glued to it. Everyone is pumped up for this, everyone has different opinions but it's a big topic of conversation at work and I don't often see that with boxing.

Great to see. Looked forward to this fight for a long time but getting the impression that perhaps it's only a massive fight in Europe. Maybe the majority of Americans don't care too much for either fighter which would explain why this thread is being left the fuck behind by the Mayweather-Ortiz thread...a fight that ain't happening for another 3 odd months.

So what's the deal?

i see some things on HBO about it but haven't really caught anything on ESPN about the fight. it's not getting marketed like it should here because i think it can be a legitimate fight that will bring people back to the HW division. unfortunately it feels like it's just a night of HBO WCB.
Lil-lightsout
I am super pumped for this fight! Unfortunately where I work no one has said a thing about this fight. It's like only Pac and PBF are the only two fighters that exist to the casual fan.

Just a reminder for some that this fight will be televised early on HBO saturday. I believe it will air live at 5:45PM, and then the replay later that night. I would not want anyone to get spoiled by going on a boxing website after it's over before seeing it.

I believe Haye can win this by KO early, but I am more expecting a Klit win by early KO. I have heard all of Haye's tough talk before fights only to fight differently to inferior fighters. So should we believe him this time around what he is going to do to Wlad? Only a few more days and we will find out. I just hope we get an exciting fight as long as it lasts, and I am rooting for Haye to win just to shake up the division and get a fight with Vitali after that.

BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jun 30 2011, 02:50 AM) *
I am super pumped for this fight! Unfortunately where I work no one has said a thing about this fight. It's like only Pac and PBF are the only two fighters that exist to the casual fan.

Just a reminder for some that this fight will be televised early on HBO saturday. I believe it will air live at 5:45PM, and then the replay later that night. I would not want anyone to get spoiled by going on a boxing website after it's over before seeing it.

I believe Haye can win this by KO early, but I am more expecting a Klit win by early KO. I have heard all of Haye's tough talk before fights only to fight differently to inferior fighters. So should we believe him this time around what he is going to do to Wlad? Only a few more days and we will find out. I just hope we get an exciting fight as long as it lasts, and I am rooting for Haye to win just to shake up the division and get a fight with Vitali after that.

I'm amped for this fight as well. I want to see if Wlad will shut Haye's big mouth.
Maxy
Haye is currently getting a loada stick about this video he put on his twitter. Media saying he's gone too far. Truth is it's an old video, Haye obviously found it funny...

lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jun 30 2011, 04:32 PM) *
Haye is currently getting a loada stick about this video he put on his twitter. Media saying he's gone too far. Truth is it's an old video, Haye obviously found it funny...

Haha briliant! Iv seen a few of them, mostly made by Rangers/Celtic fans but that one is good!

I wouldnt bother making up videos to antagonise Wlad tho, id just post a link to the HBO Face Off.
Maxy
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jun 30 2011, 02:21 PM) *
Haha briliant! Iv seen a few of them, mostly made by Rangers/Celtic fans but that one is good!

I wouldnt bother making up videos to antagonise Wlad tho, id just post a link to the HBO Face Off.

Yeah there are loads of the same sorta thing floating around. Seen a few on City and Liverpool, all good fun. Talksport were going right into one about this today, which made me look it up. They were banging on about how Haye has used Nazi's in the video and that thousands of Ukrainians had died in the war, not to mention the fact that the fight is in Germany. Said Haye had gone too far. Vaguely admitted he didn't make the video but couldn't stop banging on about how disgusting it was.

Just makes me laugh.
lloyd mayflower
Iv given up on the British media. Every opportunity to slaughter one of their own. Not bein biased here or that Maxy but its a peculiarly English thing.

If Haye wins he'll be the messiah on talksport come Sunday.
Maxy
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jun 30 2011, 02:10 PM) *
Iv given up on the British media. Every opportunity to slaughter one of their own. Not bein biased here or that Maxy but its a peculiarly English thing.

If Haye wins he'll be the messiah on talksport come Sunday.

True all the way. Talksport are one of the worst for it though, which is why I listen because I either like to get wound up by their stupidity or laugh at their ignorance. They do it on purpose, they must do.

You're totally right though....should Haye win he will be proclaimed as an English legend and they will suck his balls as soon as they get him on one of their shows.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jun 30 2011, 08:15 PM) *
True all the way. Talksport are one of the worst for it though, which is why I listen because I either like to get wound up by their stupidity or laugh at their ignorance. They do it on purpose, they must do.

You're totally right though....should Haye win he will be proclaimed as an English legend and they will suck his balls as soon as they get him on one of their shows.

No doubt about the bold! You can imagine the phone-in shows up here when youv got the bile that goes between the old firm fans! They definitely weed out the ones who phone up with valid points and broadcast the fuckin scum of the earth!
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jun 30 2011, 03:18 PM) *
No doubt about the bold! You can imagine the phone-in shows up here when youv got the bile that goes between the old firm fans! They definitely weed out the ones who phone up with valid points and broadcast the fuckin scum of the earth!

You must be on there quite regularly then laugh.gif
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jun 30 2011, 11:38 PM) *
You must be on there quite regularly then laugh.gif

OUCH!!!
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jun 30 2011, 06:42 PM) *
OUCH!!!

Sorry Lloyd but you walked straight into that, like Hatton walking straight into Manny's left hand.
BigG
Im leaning towards Haye by KO.
lloyd mayflower
Weigh in on live just now, Klitschko getting booed and abused by the Haye fans!
lloyd mayflower
Haye looking ripped, weighs in at 213lbs

Wlad looking solid aswell, weighs in at 243lbs
lloyd mayflower
Staredown goes off without incident. Shame. Haye smiling and chatting to Wlad, Wlad keeping his poker face.
STEVENSKI
If what Haye is saying is true then his winning could be the single worst thing to happen to the heavyweights since Lewis retired. If haye wins he is going to retire & leave th esport in futher limbo? Fuck him I hope he gets his head kicked in Ukranian style

gravytrain
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jul 1 2011, 08:51 AM) *
If what Haye is saying is true then his winning could be the single worst thing to happen to the heavyweights since Lewis retired. If haye wins he is going to retire & leave th esport in futher limbo? Fuck him I hope he gets his head kicked in Ukranian style

i don't know about that, Wlad and Vitali would just scoop up the titles they lost then it would be business as usual. i would order this fight on PPV to see Wlad celebrate like that though, that and if he said "i must break you" when they touch gloves. luckily i get what i consider the biggest fight of the last few years on HBO and get to watch the celebrations for the cost of my subscription.

only in America

Maxy

Well, obviously both in tip top shape. Never expected anything different but it's a long time since we can say that about both fighters in a world heavyweight title fight. Starting to buzz for this fight now.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jul 1 2011, 02:11 PM) *

Well, obviously both in tip top shape. Never expected anything different but it's a long time since we can say that about both fighters in a world heavyweight title fight. Starting to buzz for this fight now.

Hyped for it aswell, had to laugh at Carl Froch pointing out that "Wimbledon is dominating the press at the moment, which is ridiculous"

Couldnt agree more Carl!!! Once again the BBC flat out ignore another British athlete operating at the world level, in a Heavyweight unification.

Burns, Khan, Froch, Haye, Cleverly. All world champs, who you wouldnt even have heard of if you didnt have Sky tv.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I'm actually really hyped for this fight now. This is the biggest heavyweight fight we've seen since Lews-Klitschko, and if it's a solid fight, it could be a breath of fresh air into this division finally. Klitschko is a great fighter, and he is very underappreciated. When Lewis was in his prime, people never said great things about him either. Klitschko hasn't had the competition because there truly aren't many fighters worthy in the division. Haye provides that challenge, and if Klitschko wants any chance of going down as a great heavyweight, he needs to dominate in this fight. I think Klitschko will dominate as well. His jab is incredible, and he will keep Haye at bay. Haye is fast, but a solid jab can neutralize speed. We saw that when Winky Wright and Vernon Forrest fought Mosley back in the day. Klitschko is going to triple up on that jab and frustrate Haye all night. Haye doesn't come across as very mentally strong either, so like most of Klitschko's opponenets he'll stop trying to push the fight by the 3rd round. This is not Valuev or John Ruiz here, this is Klitschko who is a much better fighter. Once those big right hands come down the pipe behind that jab, Haye won't be able to stand up. Dude was down against Monte Barrett, and he's not taking those clean shots. He's the smaller man too, and he will be bullied. Call me crazy, but this fight will be a mismatch.
True-Boxing-Fan
Finally we get a halfway decent heavyweight fight. I think this will be a very anticlimactic ending with Haye getting ko'd. Why is it that Haye talks all this crap and how he is going to knock Wlad out but when they do a face off he keeps his distance and talks bad. Get all up in Wlads face and talk bad if you are the man as you say you are. Ill take Wlad by way of KO.
BGv2.0
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 1 2011, 08:02 AM) *
i don't know about that, Wlad and Vitali would just scoop up the titles they lost then it would be business as usual.

EXACTLY...so that whole BS about Haye retiring messing things up is hogwash.

IF he were to beat Wlad and Vitali and then retire undisputed HW champion.....I'd say good for you!

Than the two bros. could simply fight a couple of mandated fights and get them back....no biggie.

If you think about it....Haye is really going for the only two bigfish at HW....IF he were to pull of the seemingly impossible task of beating both...who would be left to legitimatly say is worthy as the two you had just defeated.....NOBODY!

People could make arguments for Adamak and Povetkin and the like....but we all know those guys are NOT the Klits.

I myself have zero problem with him retiring if he were to beat both Bros.....hell...a feat that big...he would deserve it!

Sunni6Killer
Klitschko 3rd round KO.
blackbelt2003
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jul 1 2011, 02:18 PM) *
Hyped for it aswell, had to laugh at Carl Froch pointing out that "Wimbledon is dominating the press at the moment, which is ridiculous"

Couldnt agree more Carl!!! Once again the BBC flat out ignore another British athlete operating at the world level, in a Heavyweight unification.

Burns, Khan, Froch, Haye, Cleverly. All world champs, who you wouldnt even have heard of if you didnt have Sky tv.

C'mon, man, Burns and Cleverly? World champs? That's stretching it. I guess you could also say Audley Harrison was WBF World Champion, too!! biggrin.gif

We have three world champs at the moment. Trying to put Burns and Cleverly in there is one of the reasons why mainstream channels disregard boxing these days, because too many undeserving minor belt holders confuse the issue.

Black
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Getting super pumped for this fight, I think the only way it ends is via knockout. Having just concluded the Terms & Conditions of my sig bet with SENTRAL I must say I'm a little surprised/disappointed that there haven't been a couple more bets laid down for this fight.

For some reason Haye is generating a surprising amount of support on these boards I thought maybe a couple more guys would've put their money where their mouth is. I hope we can get more sig bets up and running in the next few months.

Ultimately this is speed versus power and I think Wlad's confidence in his chin has improved a lot since he got through that first Peter fight. Wlad will catch him once and that will be all she wrote and David Haye's career will be exposed for what it is. A hype job.

Funnily enough bet's aside I wouldn't mind seeing Haye win this if only because it guarantees a second HW super fight against Vitali. Sadly though there will be no happy ending for the 1st black James Bond ©.

Oh and did I mention that Manny Pacquaio and Bob Arum are a couple of lying cheating feckers. TAKE THE TEST!! laugh.gif
Maxy
I've put 20 on Haye to win in the seventh round. Chances are he won't last seven but I can't honestly pick a clear winner in this so I've just gone for a gamble. 20 as much as I'm willing to risk!

laugh.gif

Buzzed for it though and so bloody happy that it's finally gonna happen.
gravytrain
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 2 2011, 05:18 AM) *
Getting super pumped for this fight, I think the only way it ends is via knockout. Having just concluded the Terms & Conditions of my sig bet with SENTRAL I must say I'm a little surprised/disappointed that there haven't been a couple more bets laid down for this fight.

For some reason Haye is generating a surprising amount of support on these boards I thought maybe a couple more guys would've put their money where their mouth is. I hope we can get more sig bets up and running in the next few months.

Ultimately this is speed versus power and I think Wlad's confidence in his chin has improved a lot since he got through that first Peter fight. Wlad will catch him once and that will be all she wrote and David Haye's career will be exposed for what it is. A hype job.

Funnily enough bet's aside I wouldn't mind seeing Haye win this if only because it guarantees a second HW super fight against Vitali. Sadly though there will be no happy ending for the 1st black James Bond .

Oh and did I mention that Manny Pacquaio and Bob Arum are a couple of lying cheating feckers. TAKE THE TEST!! laugh.gif

i've got Wlad if anyone wants to bet. if any of you Gayemakers don't want to step up and take the test you'll automatically lose the bet and i'll be adding some pics and quotes from the real ATG Mayweather to your profile.

QUOTE (Maxy @ Jul 2 2011, 05:27 AM) *
I've put 20 on Haye to win in the seventh round. Chances are he won't last seven but I can't honestly pick a clear winner in this so I've just gone for a gamble. 20 as much as I'm willing to risk!

laugh.gif

Buzzed for it though and so bloody happy that it's finally gonna happen.

this is the first HW fight i've looked forward to in a long time and in my opinion is easily one of the best fights of 2011. i bet the buildup is huge in England, here in America it's not getting the attention i would like to see but fortunately HBO picked this up.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Jul 2 2011, 08:27 AM) *
C'mon, man, Burns and Cleverly? World champs? That's stretching it. I guess you could also say Audley Harrison was WBF World Champion, too!! biggrin.gif

We have three world champs at the moment. Trying to put Burns and Cleverly in there is one of the reasons why mainstream channels disregard boxing these days, because too many undeserving minor belt holders confuse the issue.

Black

I see where you are coming from with Cleverly, but you dont consider Ricky Burns worthy after beating Roman Martinez? Thats a bit harsh man.

Regardless of how you rank the belts, my point still stands, Clev and Burns are world champs, they deserve a little bit of coverage. BBC are supposed to cover everything, yet they dont give boxing so much as a mention. I dont pay my TV licence so that I can watch Andy Murray the perrenial loser get schooled.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jul 2 2011, 08:58 PM) *
I can watch Andy Murray the perrenial loser get schooled.

Again & again & again & again. The guy will NEVER win a major. Kind of like how England will never win a World Cup no matter what the British gutter press write up.

BTW Lloyd

ABE ABE ABE
Warlord
I had a sig bet with someone, but I forgot who. Anyone remember? laugh.gif

Haye is going to get bitched out so badly in this fight that the ignominy that follows will last a lifetime. He will become a symbol in boxing. People will use him as a cautionary tale of what happens to fighters who run their mouths to a ludicrously retarded degree, and then get smashed like a shit-black turd. They'll say about those guys, "He's gonna get Hayed."

British fans will disown Haye very soon. I mean this. Truly. Prophetically. Haye is going to get dumped, and dumped badly. He's going to shame himself, his family, and his nation. And I am going to laugh.

And Sentral is going to lose her top to Ollie. And I will laugh.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Warlord @ Jul 2 2011, 08:15 AM) *

Haye is going to get bitched out so badly in this fight that the ignominy that follows will last a lifetime. He will become a symbol in boxing. People will use him as a cautionary tale of what happens to fighters who run their mouths to a ludicrously retarded degree, and then get smashed like a shit-black turd. They'll say about those guys, "He's gonna get Hayed."

British fans will disown Haye very soon. I mean this. Truly. Prophetically. Haye is going to get dumped, and dumped badly. He's going to shame himself, his family, and his nation. And I am going to laugh.

Still going for a wide decision for Wlad. Do you see a quick KO, Warlord, or a beating? The only reason that I would like to see Haye win, is because the Klits will never unify the diviision, and it needs some new blood.

Jack
Jack 1000
Can't find out who the judges are! That is shocking!

Jack
salvador
QUOTE (Warlord @ Jul 2 2011, 08:15 AM) *

It would obviously be really exciting if he won - especially if it was a war of attrition rather than a one punch ko early. That said, at the very least, Haye owes it to the British fans to stick his chin out and go for the ko or get carried out on a stretcher trying. If he finishes the is fight on his feet and loses a wide decision then he really should be shamed for the rest of his life.
The CEO
35% for Haye?....wow....that's some wishful voting...

Today, we get to see what happens when a Show Pony pisses off a Clydesdale.

REMINDER: Keep ANY AND ALL Klit-Haye RESULT RELATED comments in the pinned thread above...spoiling will NOT be tolerated.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Warlord @ Jul 2 2011, 09:15 AM) *

Warlord, My misguided brother, you have been deceived for far too long. You have been forced to watch baby bro feast on fat, overweight, talentless scrubs over the past few years and now you believe that Wladdy is some sort of beast. I like Wladimir... I really do. So it is going to pain me to watch Wlad get laid to rest. But this will only be temporary. Wladdy will likely awake 5-10 minutes later in the arms of his big brother. He'll be able to walk and talk again and really just sit back and enjoy the fruits of his labors. Hell, he'll go home and bang that little slut from "Remember the Titans"!

As for you my friend... It is I whom you hold that sig bet with! I have nothing but the utmost respect for you so as I watch Wladimir lay motionless in the middle of the ring (sometime between rounds 3-5) I will begin to construct a signature that won't destroy your reputation but just leaves a friendly reminder that you should ALWAYS BET ON BLACK!

I promise I'll spank you nicely.
Warlord
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 2 2011, 09:50 AM) *
Warlord, My misguided brother, you have been deceived for far too long. You have been forced to watch baby bro feast on fat, overweight, talentless scrubs over the past few years and now you believe that Wladdy is some sort of beast. I like Wladimir... I really do. So it is going to pain me to watch Wlad get laid to rest. But this will only be temporary. Wladdy will likely awake 5-10 minutes later in the arms of his big brother. He'll be able to walk and talk again and really just sit back and enjoy the fruits of his labors. Hell, he'll go home and bang that little slut from "Remember the Titans"!

As for you my friend... It is I whom you hold that sig bet with! I have nothing but the utmost respect for you so as I watch Wladimir lay motionless in the middle of the ring (sometime between rounds 3-5) I will begin to construct a signature that won't destroy your reputation but just leaves a friendly reminder that you should ALWAYS BET ON BLACK!

I promise I'll spank you nicely.

laugh.gif

When is the fucking fight starting? I thought that shit was 4:45 Hamburg time. If my time converter is right, that shit should be on soon.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Warlord @ Jul 2 2011, 10:54 AM) *
laugh.gif

When is the fucking fight starting? I thought that shit was 4:45 Hamburg time. If my time converter is right, that shit should be on soon.

I live in Washington D.C and it's live here at 4:45pm!
Warlord
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 2 2011, 10:56 AM) *
I live in Washington D.C and it's live here at 4:45pm!

What time is it in Washington now? laugh.gif
D-MARV
QUOTE (Warlord @ Jul 2 2011, 10:59 AM) *
What time is it in Washington now? laugh.gif

11am
Warlord
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 2 2011, 11:04 AM) *
11am

That's what I was thinking. The time difference is gonna screw me. The fight won't be on here until 4:45am.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.