Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sergio Martinez the one nobody wants to see(THE TRUTH)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Harvey
I have seen alot of fighters lately in the 154 up to 168 I believe Sergio has the skills to take it from anybody in this weight range witch he has already done for most part but fighters like floyd,pac man,zab judah,cotto all the top contenders should be mixing it up more getting at each other more than what they are but still I don't know why I would still go with Sergio he is a natural fighter I all ways say there are some built to fight and then there are the ones born to fight dont get them twisted.If you don't know check him out and all his fights the best south paw fighter not pac man
caneman
QUOTE (Harvey @ Jun 10 2011, 09:23 PM) *
I have seen alot of fighters lately in the 154 up to 168 I believe Sergio has the skills to take it from anybody in this weight range witch he has already done for most part but fighters like floyd,pac man,zab judah,cotto all the top contenders should be mixing it up more getting at each other more than what they are but still I don't know why I would still go with Sergio he is a natural fighter I all ways say there are some built to fight and then there are the ones born to fight dont get them twisted.If you don't know check him out and all his fights the best south paw fighter not pac man

Love the guy and he'll fight anyone and will have trouble getting fights! I think he should step to Bute ASAP!
SmartyBeardo
SMartinez = #1 P4p.
BoxingFan86
He's definitely been avoided by many.
JONdaCON817
Unfortunately for him he's labelled HIGH risk, LOW reward.... ide love to see him hit Princess Julio with one of them PWill overhands....lmao.

But I love watchin that man work...
Harvey
QUOTE (caneman @ Jun 10 2011, 10:50 PM) *
Love the guy and he'll fight anyone and will have trouble getting fights! I think he should step to Bute ASAP!

Bute would be a nice fight he is a heavy hitter in boxing but he is not as finesse as sergio at the end he would be out boxed or taken out quik one thing about sergio he has disapointed fans on the opposition of him paul willams who was feared he annihilated and sergiy made him look like a amature when he drops his hands down and fight your done he understands how you get down and now its time for the ambush see you later.
STEVENSKI
He should take on the winner of the Super Six & forget about the Canadian Bacon Bute.
Harvey
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Jun 11 2011, 02:29 AM) *
Unfortunately for him he's labelled HIGH risk, LOW reward.... ide love to see him hit Princess Julio with one of them PWill overhands....lmao.

But I love watchin that man work...

It seems to be that way about him but if he was to drop down to the next a weight class division and loose nothing behind it than it would be a differnt ballgame for the boxing world it seems like people get hooked on certain weight classes now most of all the ones with the noise makers not saying any names
bosco
I like Sergio Martinez but I think he's a bit overrated. Sure he ko'd Williams but Williams fought recklessly and kept getting hit with the same punch. Remember that Kermit Cintron gave Martiinez problems and they fought to a draw even tho I felt Martinez won and was robbed of a knockdown that fight but it was close. Martinez can't beat Bute...He wouldn't be able to beat Andre Ward, Carl Froch or Andre Dirrell. Paul Williams is not fundamentally sound so he could be hit. Kermit Cintron rocked Paul Williams. Plus Martinez always gets tired in the middle rounds before he gets his second wind late. He's fun to watch but I wouldn't put too much stock on him.
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (bosco @ Jun 11 2011, 11:35 PM) *
I like Sergio Martinez but I think he's a bit overrated. Sure he ko'd Williams but Williams fought recklessly and kept getting hit with the same punch. Remember that Kermit Cintron gave Martiinez problems and they fought to a draw even tho I felt Martinez won and was robbed of a knockdown that fight but it was close. Martinez can't beat Bute...He wouldn't be able to beat Andre Ward, Carl Froch or Andre Dirrell. Paul Williams is not fundamentally sound so he could be hit. Kermit Cintron rocked Paul Williams. Plus Martinez always gets tired in the middle rounds before he gets his second wind late. He's fun to watch but I wouldn't put too much stock on him.

and there you have it.....Williams still one of my favs got caught with that same punch from the 1st fight till the sleep session in the 2nd fight
he made no adjustments and was coming in with weight because he was throwing a power punch and got caught because he was timed well by Martinez who was coming in planted with weight behind that over hand right...and we know the end story
but yea I would pay to see a Martinez vs Ward, Froch, Bute I think Martinez beats these guys but I think he is a bit over rated
ward is over rated to lol...
caneman
If Maravilla is so over rated and easy to hit, PBF should fight him...oh yea, we'd hear...you mean that guy who lost? That guy who got stop? He is on power pellets anyhow! lol
These boards are getting really funny to me.
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (caneman @ Jun 12 2011, 12:07 AM) *
If Maravilla is so over rated and easy to hit, PBF should fight him...oh yea, we'd hear...you mean that guy who lost? That guy who got stop? He is on power pellets anyhow! lol
These boards are getting really funny to me.

huh? lol...I think you mistake most the guys who appreciate Floyd's skill with lame people who don't have the correct facts or information to make a legit argument for their fighter of choice. That to me is the definition of a lame nutthugger, so far the Floyd fans on this site have provide nothing but proof, links, vids, articles correct knowledge and so on....but the Pacman fans on here...MOST have had lame things to say and wrong information. I noticed and it's bad when someone posts any REAL facts on their fighter of choice whether that's Floyd or Pacquiao their automatic nutthuggers, t-shirt beggers and all sorts of other beeps. And this to me just shows that when facts are put out there...especially in Floyd's case the comeback is not facts or links, articles and so on..instead it's lame ass name calling and so on. We're all men on this site from all different parts of the world so lets show each other more respect man...you don't know me and I know don't know so it's not are place to quick judge and assume we know someone because we dealt with certain people and blah. This is in no way directed towards Caneman, but lets try to keep it clean and respect each others opinions while talking boxing.

Now back to boxing
I want Floyd to fight Martinez and I think Floyd will next year if the Pacquiao fight doesn't take place
I think Floyd does one more fight next year and retires if you watched the Mosley fight he didn't move because he's older...he says it was by choice but he's older now and too much movement means you burn tons of energy. With ortiz I see him trying to move a little before settling into a groove and banging it out. IF he makes it by Ortiz then I see either Pac or Martinez as his final fight next year...and since Martinez is a boxer he loses that fight because it becomes a thinking game and Floyd wins that all day.
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 12 2011, 12:39 AM) *
I just want you and all the other people new to this forum to know that you are welcome.

You have to want to be here. I fought my way on and decided to stick around. Don't take shit personal or we will not get along.

lol I am an adult and I find it weird if someone who doesn't know me says I am a t-shirt begger or whatever
now do I lay down with my wife at night an think about....pause.....nah
just trying to shad some adult light on a problem on this site
let's keep it boxing, lets keep it fun
no need to disrespect people... especially on the internet that7s automatically flagged as LAME in my book
but it is what it is...lol and Caneman is my buddy I enjoy his post...just saying...
caneman
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Jun 11 2011, 10:31 AM) *
huh? lol...I think you mistake most the guys who appreciate Floyd's skill with lame people who don't have the correct facts or information to make a legit argument for their fighter of choice. That to me is the definition of a lame nutthugger, so far the Floyd fans on this site have provide nothing but proof, links, vids, articles correct knowledge and so on....but the Pacman fans on here...MOST have had lame things to say and wrong information. I noticed and it's bad when someone posts any REAL facts on their fighter of choice whether that's Floyd or Pacquiao their automatic nutthuggers, t-shirt beggers and all sorts of other beeps. And this to me just shows that when facts are put out there...especially in Floyd's case the comeback is not facts or links, articles and so on..instead it's lame ass name calling and so on. We're all men on this site from all different parts of the world so lets show each other more respect man...you don't know me and I know don't know so it's not are place to quick judge and assume we know someone because we dealt with certain people and blah. This is in no way directed towards Caneman, but lets try to keep it clean and respect each others opinions while talking boxing.

Now back to boxing
I want Floyd to fight Martinez and I think Floyd will next year if the Pacquiao fight doesn't take place
I think Floyd does one more fight next year and retires if you watched the Mosley fight he didn't move because he's older...he says it was by choice but he's older now and too much movement means you burn tons of energy. With ortiz I see him trying to move a little before settling into a groove and banging it out. IF he makes it by Ortiz then I see either Pac or Martinez as his final fight next year...and since Martinez is a boxer he loses that fight because it becomes a thinking game and Floyd wins that all day.

I ain't seen much real proof around here either way, it's been more like politics across panty lines! lol! Just cause someone makes a video and puts it on youtube, how does that make it a fact? Just wondering man, all good but you think I am a pactard but I ain't seen anything on either guy that was all facts myself! I mean I guess it all comes down to what you call facts and that goes for either side!

I bet you PBF never ask for a fights Maravilla and BTW you are indeed welcome...I just think it's really funny what some that as facts from words by a bias source with a few video chips and call them ALL FACTS AND PROOF!

EDIT; I must add that I have seen good points on some videos and text for both sides but to call it absolute proof is silly and one sided!
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (caneman @ Jun 12 2011, 01:09 AM) *
I ain't seen much real proof around here either way, it's been more like politics across panty lines! lol! Just cause someone makes a video and puts it on youtube, how does that make it a fact? Just wondering man, all good but you think I am a pactard but I ain't seen anything on either guy that was all facts myself! I mean I guess it all comes down to what you call facts and that goes for either side!

I bet you PBF never ask for a fights Maravilla and BTW you are indeed welcome...I just think it's really funny what some that as facts from words by a bias source with a few video chips and call them ALL FACTS AND PROOF!

EDIT; I must add that I have seen good points on some videos and text for both sides but to call it absolute proof is silly and one sided!

I don't think your a Pactard...I never called you one...i think you CaneBadAssman lol
I think you enjoy and appreciate what Pacman does in the ring nothing more man
I'm working on a real hardcore video and will have it available soon if I can finish it...but i don't think I want to finish it these days honestly I am tired of the topic
if they fight they fight I would rather see Mayweather vs Martinez as this to me is more of a challenge to me
caneman
It is more of a challenge to fight Maravilla cause chances are very good that PBF pot shots Pacman all night long and wins a UD in whatever way he has to in order to win but I also feel PBF could hit the canvas early on and could have real trouble if he gets caught cause of how Pacman can put shots together. With that said PBF still wins by UD IF IT EVER HAPPENS. Which I think it should be if all these egos have their say, it may never happen.
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Jun 10 2011, 11:29 PM) *
Ide love to see him hit Princess Julio with one of them PWill overhands....lmao.

Or Floyd jr or Manny.
bosco
I don't see Floyd fighting Martinez unless Sergio comes down to 47 which he won't do and Floyd didn't look strong at 54 when he fought De La Hoya so I doubt he goes back up there. I think Floyd fights Ortiz and then Pacquiao and then rides off into the sunset. Floyd is the man so who ever wants to fight him has to come to him at his weight which is 47 and if Sergio drops to 47 Floyd will destroy him unless Sergio re-hydrates to 160 then it would be a tough fight. Either way the only way we would ever see that fight would be in a video game.
neophyte7
Martinez had good KO over the poor technique having PWill, yet he drew with Cintron.... had a difficult time with Cintron who has shown that he is weak pussy. I like Sergio but he is in no way invincible!!!
caneman
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jun 11 2011, 01:27 PM) *
Martinez had good KO over the poor technique having PWill, yet he drew with Cintron.... had a difficult time with Cintron who has shown that he is weak pussy. I like Sergio but he is in no way invincible!!!

I thought he beat the shit outta Cintron myself! And NO ONE IS TOTALLY INVINCIBLE no matter what some may say! lol
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (caneman @ Jun 11 2011, 01:50 PM) *
I thought he beat the shit outta Cintron myself! And NO ONE IS TOTALLY INVINCIBLE no matter what some may say! lol

agreed...lol
Harvey
QUOTE (bosco @ Jun 11 2011, 10:35 AM) *

To me he is not overrated he did win the first fight with paul and the cintron fight he was robbed but bute cant handle a fast swift high volume fighter he got beat by one and he was just wild so that let me know long as you don't let bute sit there and punch on you cause he is a hard puncher he can be done in. As far as the othrs ward,froch and dirrell that we would have to see but he would not be a underdog to me not at all he is good for exposing ones we thought were great.
Harvey
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jun 11 2011, 02:27 PM) *

He is not ivincible by nomeans and the cintron was a good fight but he did beat cintron thats all that matters a close fight to me shows the best of fighters and it shows sergio is a force to be reond with thats all
blackbelt2003
I don't really wanna see Martinez take on Bute, Pacman OR Mayweather.

Because, and here's the rub...Martinez is a MIDDLEWEIGHT. Those other guys are NOT MIDDLEWEIGHTS.

I want to see Bute fight the best 168'ers, Martinez the best 160'ers, and Mayweather and Pac the best 147'ers, nothing more, nothing less.

Why the hell we need Martinez to move up or down the divisions when he's still got Felix Sturm, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr and Daniel Geale still out there is beyond me. It's not as if he's cleaned out the division, he's had...what? Four fights at middleweight? It's hardly Hopkins 20-odd defences or Hagler's reign of terror, is it? Granted, the division isn't as deep as, say, 140 or 135, but that never stopped Hopkins and Hagler making a name for themselves, did it?

Martinez should stay put and unify, then if a time comes when a future contender at 160 or a champion from 154 comes up to challenge him, we get a genuine superfight, instead of these lame 'catch-weight' fights that almost always disappoint because they are just hand picked money fights.

Patience, people.

Black
Oatmeal
QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Jun 11 2011, 01:29 PM) *

Because, and here's the rub...Martinez is a MIDDLEWEIGHT. Those other guys are NOT MIDDLEWEIGHTS.

I want to see Bute fight the best 168'ers, Martinez the best 160'ers, and Mayweather and Pac the best 147'ers, nothing more, nothing less.

Why the hell we need Martinez to move up or down the divisions when he's still got Felix Sturm, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr and Daniel Geale still out there is beyond me. It's not as if he's cleaned out the division, he's had...what? Four fights at middleweight? It's hardly Hopkins 20-odd defences or Hagler's reign of terror, is it? Granted, the division isn't as deep as, say, 140 or 135, but that never stopped Hopkins and Hagler making a name for themselves, did it?

Martinez should stay put and unify, then if a time comes when a future contender at 160 or a champion from 154 comes up to challenge him, we get a genuine superfight, instead of these lame 'catch-weight' fights that almost always disappoint because they are just hand picked money fights.

Patience, people.

Black

-I totally agree, couldnt have been said better, all of these so called 'catch-weights' is so lame and the belt organizations should be ahsmed for even sactioning some of these fights
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jun 11 2011, 02:27 PM) *

No boxer is invincible and when they do think that way, they end up gettin' bodied.

QUOTE (caneman @ Jun 11 2011, 02:50 PM) *

Same here.

QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Jun 11 2011, 04:29 PM) *

Patience, people.

Black

QUOTE (Oatmeal @ Jun 11 2011, 04:49 PM) *
-I totally agree, couldnt have been said better, all of these so called 'catch-weights' is so lame and the belt organizations should be ahsmed for even sactioning some of these fights

My brother and I argue about this shit all the time. In a debate, he said he genuinely feels like Manny has accomplished more in the sport of boxin' than Floyd has. Since my brother loves Madden so much, I gave him an example he could easily understand. The example was...

Me: Let's say I won the Super Bowl 5x on All-Madden (official weight class). Now, lets' say you won the Super Bowl 8x (facin' the same opponents I faced), but you did it on Pro (catch-weight). Just because you won 8x on Pro, does that mean you're better than me, or that you've accomplished more than me?

Bro: ***smirk on his face*** I see what you did there.
Harvey
QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Jun 11 2011, 04:29 PM) *

Patience, people.

That is true but how long does he want to wait time is not on the side of a boxer getting older waiting is not good for anyone so If shit hits the fan make a move and take on different weight classes it's been done in past history by fighters what are we differnt now from the past or softer to worried about money insted of being the best thats whats wrong with boxing.

Black

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (bosco @ Jun 11 2011, 09:35 AM) *

to me this post nails sergio martinez on the head... he is a good solid fighter but to label him #1 p4p is very premature... and i dont see him beating the best 168 lbers... ward, froch and dirrell in my opinion beat him and i think bute has his way with martinez as well... as the smaller fighter i think floyd mayweather beats him as well... martinez has a lot of holes in his game and it was glaringly obvious in his last fight... people are basing his quality on the williams fight and truth is williams was a fighter primed to get knocked out the way he was... he fights with his chin out for goodness sake.. it was a matter of time for that to happen... that and the fact that williams is a hot and cold type of fighter... when he is on he is a damn good fighter even with his defincies.. but when he is off... he stinks... is what it is... but great post bosco....
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (bosco @ Jun 11 2011, 01:18 PM) *
I don't see Floyd fighting Martinez unless Sergio comes down to 47 which he won't do and Floyd didn't look strong at 54 when he fought De La Hoya so I doubt he goes back up there. I think Floyd fights Ortiz and then Pacquiao and then rides off into the sunset. Floyd is the man so who ever wants to fight him has to come to him at his weight which is 47 and if Sergio drops to 47 Floyd will destroy him unless Sergio re-hydrates to 160 then it would be a tough fight. Either way the only way we would ever see that fight would be in a video game.

i have to disagree bosco... i think floyd fighting martinez at 154 is very possible... martinez is not as good as hoya was at 154 in my opinion so its not like its not a winnable fight for mayweather... thing is like you said i think pac is after ortiz like you said and that will be floyds last fight... but if he did fight again i can see him fighting martinez at 154 in a finale as a legacy type fight.. it would be tough for both guys but i see mayweather just having the better over all skills in that fight....
blackbelt2003
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jun 12 2011, 08:03 AM) *
and i dont see him beating the best 168 lbers... ward, froch and dirrell in my opinion beat him and i think bute has his way with martinez as well... as the smaller fighter i think floyd mayweather beats him as well...

Aaaarrrrgggghhhhh!!!! Why SHOULD Martinez have to be able to beat Ward, Froch or Dirrell?

They are SUPER MIDDLEWEIGHTS. Martinez is a MIDDLEWEIGHT. If the pre-requisite for being a p4p fighter is having to beat up guys outside of your own weight class, then let's just screw the weight divisions and have a Royal Rumble. Last man in the ring can be the p4p champ.

And why should Mayweather have to beat Martinez...there's two freaking divisions between them? It would be a massive jump and a great legacy for Floyd if he DID wanna do it, but if he doesn't...fine! He's a welterweight, as long as he's taking on the best welterweights (and with the Pac fight happening no time soon, Victor Ortiz is the next best thing), I'm happy.

Same for Martinez. Let's see him in there at 160 with Chavez, Sturm, Geal or Pirog and I'm happy.

Black
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Jun 12 2011, 02:24 AM) *
Aaaarrrrgggghhhhh!!!! Why SHOULD Martinez have to be able to beat Ward, Froch or Dirrell?

They are SUPER MIDDLEWEIGHTS. Martinez is a MIDDLEWEIGHT. If the pre-requisite for being a p4p fighter is having to beat up guys outside of your own weight class, then let's just screw the weight divisions and have a Royal Rumble. Last man in the ring can be the p4p champ.

And why should Mayweather have to beat Martinez...there's two freaking divisions between them? It would be a massive jump and a great legacy for Floyd if he DID wanna do it, but if he doesn't...fine! He's a welterweight, as long as he's taking on the best welterweights (and with the Pac fight happening no time soon, Victor Ortiz is the next best thing), I'm happy.

Same for Martinez. Let's see him in there at 160 with Chavez, Sturm, Geal or Pirog and I'm happy.

Black

it had to be mentioned cuzz there are those that feel martinez needs to move up to 168 for greatness... i agree with you and actually think he finds himself in a bad situation because the guys at 168 are just too big for him im my opinion and the welters are gonna be too small... and if he loses to a mayweather as great as mayweather is im sure his body of work takes a profound hit... he is almost ina no win situation in my opinion.. cuzz he really has no super fights at 154 or 160 right now... chabez jr will be protected and wont be allowed anywhere near him...
blackbelt2003
I think fighter's aree to quick to want 'superfights', though, these days.

A Floyd Mayweather or Manny Pacquiao is deserving of a 'superfight'.

Maybe Wlad Klit and a couple others.

Definitely not Martinez, though. He's just not had enough world title fights to warrant getting a 'superfight'. That's why there's noone at middleweight to give him a superfight...there's no-one bothered putting enough work in to warrant one.

Martinez shouldn't be moving around the weights chasing a 'superfight'. He should be putting in a good enough body of work at middleweight and earn one...like Hopkins did before Trinidad came to him and provided him with his big fight.

Black
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Jun 12 2011, 06:24 AM) *
I think fighter's aree to quick to want 'superfights', though, these days.

A Floyd Mayweather or Manny Pacquiao is deserving of a 'superfight'.

Maybe Wlad Klit and a couple others.

Definitely not Martinez, though. He's just not had enough world title fights to warrant getting a 'superfight'. That's why there's noone at middleweight to give him a superfight...there's no-one bothered putting enough work in to warrant one.

Martinez shouldn't be moving around the weights chasing a 'superfight'. He should be putting in a good enough body of work at middleweight and earn one...like Hopkins did before Trinidad came to him and provided him with his big fight.

Black

i agree with you for the most part... thing is at sergios age im sure he and his team is in search of the money fight sooner than later... sergio is beatable and with his age ever advancing it wont be too long i dont think before he gets clipped... you are right tho he has solid match ups in his own division... i for one would like to see him and felix sturm get it on... thats a solid fight and one i wont be so quick to call either the winner...
caneman
QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Jun 12 2011, 02:24 AM) *

Black

I think he beats those guys going away and also don't think he'll get a fight any of them, maybe Geal or Pirog but I don't see those fights going down. I truly hope I am wrong but Strum King Artur and they live 200 miles apart! lol I do like what you are saying about unifying belts @ 160 he has to get them to sign and those guys saw his last two fight.

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jun 12 2011, 09:13 AM) *
i agree with you for the most part... thing is at sergios age im sure he and his team is in search of the money fight sooner than later... sergio is beatable and with his age ever advancing it wont be too long i dont think before he gets clipped... you are right tho he has solid match ups in his own division... i for one would like to see him and felix sturm get it on... thats a solid fight and one i wont be so quick to call either the winner...

lol jluv, you been saying that about Pacman since the David Diaz bro so forgive if I don't just take your word for it! laugh.gif It is too bad Strum won't fight Maravilla cause he would get the brake pads beat off his ass and stopped in 6-7 rounds. He knows that too.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (caneman @ Jun 12 2011, 09:46 AM) *
I think he beats those guys going away and also don't think he'll get a fight any of them, maybe Geal or Pirog but I don't see those fights going down. I truly hope I am wrong but Strum King Artur and they live 200 miles apart! lol I do like what you are saying about unifying belts @ 160 he has to get them to sign and those guys saw his last two fight.

lol jluv, you been saying that about Pacman since the David Diaz bro so forgive if I don't just take your word for it! laugh.gif It is too bad Strum won't fight Maravilla cause he would get the brake pads beat off his ass and stopped in 6-7 rounds. He knows that too.

what have i been saying bout pac since diaz?... lol... that he is beatable?... pac is very beatable... even more so than sergio... imo... you dont think pac looked like a guy ready to be beat vs mosley?... he looked like crap in a fight where the other guy looked to find a way not to hit him. just saying...
caneman
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jun 12 2011, 09:55 AM) *
what have i been saying bout pac since diaz?... lol... that he is beatable?... pac is very beatable... even more so than sergio... imo... you dont think pac looked like a guy ready to be beat vs mosley?... he looked like crap in a fight where the other guy looked to find a way not to hit him. just saying...

That he was gonna lose and was over rated...and every fighter is beatable bro! They could all lose! What I am saying is when you say someone is very beatable and ready to lose, you can almost bet on that said fighter! You should stick around though my man, MANY NEW PBF fans, y'all can post Mr Opal and Measo boxing videos and call all the opinion facts! BTW not that those guys don't have good points and some facts, but all, ehhh! Welcome back bro, good to see you! drinks.gif
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (caneman @ Jun 12 2011, 10:12 AM) *
That he was gonna lose and was over rated...and every fighter is beatable bro! They could all lose! What I am saying is when you say someone is very beatable and ready to lose, you can almost bet on that said fighter! You should stick around though my man, MANY NEW PBF fans, y'all can post Mr Opal and Measo boxing videos and call all the opinion facts! BTW not that those guys don't have good points and some facts, but all, ehhh! Welcome back bro, good to see you! drinks.gif

pac is very over rated... its easy to make him look like a world beater when he's fighting guys he has virtually no chance of losing to... just saying... the pac train is becoming a circus train... his own fans seem to be getting tired of these easy fights... people pay hard earned money to watch him fight set up fights randy... and i dont say this stuff as a floyd fan... i actually like both fighters believe that or not but i call it like i see it and its been obvious what arum is doing with pac... when was the last time pac fought a young hungry fighter?... floyd is coming off more than a year in the ring to fight a fighter in ortiz that is young and hungry when he doesnt have to fight such a threatening fighter at this stage of the game while pac is fighting left overs and retreads.. facts are facts...
bosco
Martinez has been calling out Floyd and Pac...Martinez said in an interview that he would beat Floyd by decision and that he would knock Pacman out. Now if Martinez can call out 2 guys thats 2 weight classes below him whats wrong with him fighting the guys 1 weight class above him.
caneman
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jun 12 2011, 10:21 AM) *
pac is very over rated... its easy to make him look like a world beater when he's fighting guys he has virtually no chance of losing to... just saying... the pac train is becoming a circus train... his own fans seem to be getting tired of these easy fights... people pay hard earned money to watch him fight set up fights randy... and i dont say this stuff as a floyd fan... i actually like both fighters believe that or not but i call it like i see it and its been obvious what arum is doing with pac... when was the last time pac fought a young hungry fighter?... floyd is coming off more than a year in the ring to fight a fighter in ortiz that is young and hungry when he doesnt have to fight such a threatening fighter at this stage of the game while pac is fighting left overs and retreads.. facts are facts...

I agree with parts of this completely but let me ask you something that I cover before, other than going for Berto which is one of the biggest mistakes Arum/Team Pac ever made by not getting that belt in what would have been an easy fight, who else could he have fought and been tested bro? Bradley's only chance would be get an early lead and stop Pac via headbutt, Judah would only have 2-3 round before he fell apart mentally(I hope he kills Khan) and who else? Really, there is Pacman vs PBF and that is about it cause they didn't go for Berto's old belt. I wanna know who else there is since it came out being true and PBF VS Ortiz is signed and much to my surprise boxrec was right no matter what PBF told Ben!

AGAIN WHO ELSE WOULD TEST HIM? OR PBF, THEY BOTH HAVE VERY FEW FIGHTS...and for the record my friend, don't bull shit me about being a fan of Pacman, I know you to well to believe that shit!
caneman
QUOTE (bosco @ Jun 12 2011, 10:37 AM) *
Martinez has been calling out Floyd and Pac...Martinez said in an interview that he would beat Floyd by decision and that he would knock Pacman out. Now if Martinez can call out 2 guys thats 2 weight classes below him whats wrong with him fighting the guys 1 weight class above him.

He is doing that for the big payday bro, I for one think he should beat the shit outta Bute right now cause it would be easy...Bute is truly over rated and does all he can to stay north of the border. I see both sides cause really Maravilla just went to 160 not long ago and 8 lbs could be a lot vs the top guys but he would beat Bute and Diirrel imo even if he weighed 160 lbs!
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (caneman @ Jun 12 2011, 10:42 AM) *
I agree with parts of this completely but let me ask you something that I cover before, other than going for Berto which is one of the biggest mistakes Arum/Team Pac ever made by not getting that belt in what would have been an easy fight, who else could he have fought and been tested bro? Bradley's only chance would be get an early lead and stop Pac via headbutt, Judah would only have 2-3 round before he fell apart mentally(I hope he kills Khan) and who else? Really, there is Pacman vs PBF and that is about it cause they didn't go for Berto's old belt. I wanna know who else there is since it came out being true and PBF VS Ortiz is signed and much to my surprise boxrec was right no matter what PBF told Ben!

AGAIN WHO ELSE WOULD TEST HIM? OR PBF, THEY BOTH HAVE VERY FEW FIGHTS...and for the record my friend, don't bull shit me about being a fan of Pacman, I know you to well to believe that shit!

you just named some of the fighters pac could have fought... bradley is one for sure... he is young... and i wont say pac for sure beats berto.. what i know is that these easy fights pac is having is not helping him get ready for when the time comes to actually fight a guy like a floyd mayweather that is not gonna just set back and let him have his way... these fights of pacs are becoming farces real quick... they are not legit fights... that is what it is...

as far as me being a fan or not a fan of pacs... if pac would fight some live comp you would see me post positive things about the guy... but for what it is worth im not on the band wagon of either fighter as i think they have helped to hurt the sport here recently rather than help it by not making the fight happen... ive said that on numerous occasions... i just happen to see nothing in pac that comes close to defeating pbf and that is my opinion on the fight... so yes i have negative things to say about pac because IF he is the goods the end of his prime is being spent fighting no hopers and we will never know the real deal as to him being the goods or not cuzz he is def on the decline now (mosley fight showed that)... with that said floyd did bow to all of pacs demands that first go round... pac should have taken the test and if it was a bluff we'd know by now since that was apparently the only roadblock... but thats neither here nor there now it didnt happen and its water under the bridge... but back to my fan status... lol... just because i dont set here and defend pac and say hes the greatest doesnt make me a pac hater... i dont like the road he has taken and i call it as such... but i do like the guy.. even showed my support by going to his non fight vs clottey... lol.. at the end of the day i feel he is robbing the fans by taking on these fights he knows he'll beat... he's considered p4p the best but he is not proving it fighting the guys he's been facing...
caneman
ok bro, I'll never get any where with you on this. He beats Berto bad...AGAIN one of top ranks biggest mistakes for getting a belt PBF has loved since he started winning belts as a pro! PERIOD!!!!!! Bradley has nothing for pac, or judah or Ortiz but what a fun fight it would be. You are right about one thing, none of those guys will get him ready for PBF but that goes both ways. The fact is, either Pac can land on him or he will lose, simple as that. I stick by my statement that they basically have each other to test them and that is it. Another thing you say is pac is only fight this no hope comp, but at least he has been fighting! By the time pbf fights again it will have been 2 fight in more than 4 years? Best skilled fighter or not, that shit does not help you going into your mid 30's

I would like to see pac take the test but pbf needs to petition the commission IMO! But we are hijacking this thread, go to if pac ever takes the test or whatever! Read what I wrote and honestly good stuff there even if we have all heard most of it!
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (caneman @ Jun 12 2011, 11:22 AM) *
ok bro, I'll never get any where with you on this. He beats Berto bad...AGAIN one of top ranks biggest mistakes for getting a belt PBF has loved since he started winning belts as a pro! PERIOD!!!!!! Bradley has nothing for pac, or judah or Ortiz but what a fun fight it would be. You are right about one thing, none of those guys will get him ready for PBF but that goes both ways. The fact is, either Pac can land on him or he will lose, simple as that. I stick by my statement that they basically have each other to test them and that is it. Another thing you say is pac is only fight this no hope comp, but at least he has been fighting! By the time pbf fights again it will have been 2 fight in more than 4 years? Best skilled fighter or not, that shit does not help you going into your mid 30's

I would like to see pac take the test but pbf needs to petition the commission IMO! But we are hijacking this thread, go to if pac ever takes the test or whatever! Read what I wrote and honestly good stuff there even if we have all heard most of it!

we cant say pac beats any of those guys bad cuzz he hasnt done it... and fact is beating those guys would be better than pac signing to fight his last few opponents... least those guys are fresher fighters... just saying... whats up next for pac?... marquez... we all know marquez is not a welterweight... too much weight for him... that is why i will say i hope marquez is able to put it together... pac is capable of of going down in weight but what does he do?.. make a clear advantage for himself... it is what it is... ill order it for my collection but that will be the only reason why... and again if pbf could have the time he had off and do to marquez what he did the same rings true for pacs chances... pac has nothing for pbf...
caneman
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jun 12 2011, 11:28 AM) *
we cant say pac beats any of those guys bad cuzz he hasnt done it... and fact is beating those guys would be better than pac signing to fight his last few opponents... least those guys are fresher fighters... just saying... whats up next for pac?... marquez... we all know marquez is not a welterweight... too much weight for him... that is why i will say i hope marquez is able to put it together... pac is capable of of going down in weight but what does he do?.. make a clear advantage for himself... it is what it is... ill order it for my collection but that will be the only reason why... and again if pbf could have the time he had off and do to marquez what he did the same rings true for pacs chances... pac has nothing for pbf...

And pbf came in over weight for his advantage and either has pbf fought all those guys and coming up, pbf took the easier road too. I still say these guys don't have much left but each other. Go read that other thread, I said no one thought pac could beat DLH, Cotto and some others!

And for the record I am not disagreeing with all you are saying and the JMM should be at 140 but it will not matter if it was cause pac upped his game and has more combos and a WAYYYYYYYYYYYY BETTERRRRRRRRRRR right hand.

Again we are off topic in this thread go to the other my man!!!!
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (caneman @ Jun 12 2011, 11:40 AM) *
And pbf came in over weight for his advantage and either has pbf fought all those guys and coming up, pbf took the easier road too. I still say these guys don't have much left but each other. Go read that other thread, I said no one thought pac could beat DLH, Cotto and some others!

And for the record I am not disagreeing with all you are saying and the JMM should be at 140 but it will not matter if it was cause pac upped his game and has more combos and a WAYYYYYYYYYYYY BETTERRRRRRRRRRR right hand.

Again we are off topic in this thread go to the other my man!!!!

i actually agree with you on the fact that there is no one else for them to fight but each other... but fact still remains no matter what we think thye both still have fights to get past for it to potentially go down... this is boxing and anything can happen. no more thread hijacking... lol.. im done with this cuzz you know you gonan feel like you do and imma feel my way... lol... no stopping either of us.. lol... hey hit me on fb... lol.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (caneman @ Jun 12 2011, 11:42 AM) *

Bradley will guarantee you a headbutt or 2 every fight. What's your beef with Khan? Too cocky for your taste?
caneman
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Jun 12 2011, 01:43 PM) *
Bradley will guarantee you a headbutt or 2 every fight. What's your beef with Khan? Too cocky for your taste?

Nah bro, just hope someone beats him into Hameed land!

edit; I just hate every time that England gets an Arab/Brit we are force feed them as being the greatest thing ever. I just don't like him, 95% of fighters are cocky...it's all in the way they do things that counts!!!
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (caneman @ Jun 12 2011, 02:47 PM) *
Nah bro, just hope someone beats him into Hameed land!

edit; I just hate every time they England gets an Arab/Brit we are force feed they being the greatest thing ever. I just don't like him, 95% of fighters are cocky...it's all in the way they do things that counts!!!

So in other words, you want Jab to give him the Briedis Prescott treatment. LOL!

caneman
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Jun 12 2011, 01:55 PM) *
So in other words, you want Jab to give him the Briedis Prescott treatment. LOL!

lolz that would work but a beating for 10-12 rounds then KTFO would be better! You know the best part of that was the 2nd KD when he was wearing his trunks like a turtle neck sweater, a thing of beauty my man!
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (caneman @ Jun 12 2011, 03:00 PM) *
lolz that would work but a beating for 10-12 rounds then KTFO would be better! You know the best part of that was the 2nd KD when he was wearing his trunks like a turtle neck sweater, a thing of beauty my man!

LMAO!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.