Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: will manny ever take the damn test?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Dukes202
If there's nothing to worry about then he should take it
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (Dukes202 @ Jun 11 2011, 08:43 PM) *

I have no problem with this thread....as I ask myself the same question....but this has been discussed numerous of times so expect to be chewed in..... 5,4,3,2,1....あれ?
じゃlets try Japanese Countdown 一, 二, 三, 四, 五....あれ? 
Maxy
Will people ever become bored of asking the same questions?
boxtop123
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Jun 11 2011, 08:34 AM) *
I have no problem with this thread....as I ask myself the same question....but this has been discussed numerous of times so expect to be chewed in..... 5,4,3,2,1....あれ?
じゃlets try Japanese Countdown 一, 二, 三, 四, 五....あれ? 

manny pacquiao cannot afford to take the test right now because if he failed he would be the most disgraced boxer in history and even the writers and orgaizations that supported him will turn against himdue to the fact that they had gone to bat for him and were cheated all of his boxing achievments would be tainted and history books outlast fighters.

now if he felt he would pass the test we wouldnt be having this conversation
BigMoneySlayer
QUOTE (Dukes202 @ Jun 11 2011, 07:43 AM) *

that's what i been saying the whole time
mgrover
maybe its something I don't understand about PED's but after a good few weeks aren't they untraceable? I mean even if he did take the test know, you could of been on something weeks earlier.
Snoop
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jun 11 2011, 01:10 PM) *
Will people ever become bored of asking the same questions?

No.
Big Slim Sweet
I have a new question here concerning this age old subject actually. (at least I don't think anyone's asked it yet)

Say Manny takes and passes the tests, then gets beat on like a drum for 12 rounds by Floyd. Will people give Floyd full credit for beating up his P4P rival, the same man who demolished Mosley, Margarito, Cotto, DLH, etc.? Or will they say he beat a fraud, a shell of the guy who'd racked up all these recent accomplishments, and the win barely means anything? Would it elevate Floyd at all or just disgrace Manny?
Walstan86
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Jun 11 2011, 12:37 PM) *
I have a new question here concerning this age old subject actually. (at least I don't think anyone's asked it yet)

Say Manny takes and passes the tests, then gets beat on like a drum for 12 rounds by Floyd. Will people give Floyd full credit for beating up his P4P rival, the same man who demolished Mosley, Margarito, Cotto, DLH, etc.? Or will they say he beat a fraud, a shell of the guy who'd racked up all these recent accomplishments, and the win barely means anything? Would it elevate Floyd at all or just disgrace Manny?

I gotta think that a win raises Floyd's stock. Because even if he beat a "shell" of Manny, he would get credit for exposing a cheat, the way Mosley did for the "punitive" pounding he dealt the de-bricked Margarito.
caneman
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Jun 11 2011, 12:37 PM) *

I am not sure either guy beating the other will ever be enough for some! I don't think we will ever see Floyd fight again if they ever do fight!

Maybe this is all a way for them to make more money but this whole test thing is kinda silly in some ways! I mean if a guy fighting @ 126(Pacman)is weighing 135-139 on fight night, why the hell couldn't he go from 126-147 in a couple of years? Why does it seem so important for Floyd & his whole family to dis credit every damn thing Pac has done? Why is it so hard to believe?

And would Pacman get credit if he passed the test & beat Floyd silly like he did say Cotto & Margacheato? Why do I just know it wouldn't be enough for some people? It's all crazy to me! I mean on the front page we seen is Pac turning down $75 million to fight? Yet it wasn't asked of PBF. Not saying it's bias or anything, just asking why can't either guy be that good? Why don't they both deserve credit as great champions?

Here is something else on the weight thing, wasn't Floyd about about 108 @ 16-17 years old? By the time he was 30 years old was he fight @ 147 & beyond? Why can it be cool that Floyd did it but not Pac? By the same token while I don't know why any one fighter has the right to ask for testing that no one else is asking for BUT it sure made Pac look bad by not taking the test! EXACTLY what all the Mayweather's wanted! Just like PBF wanted to be the villain which by the way worked GREAT for him cause he still has his fans that love him to death & others that are dying to see him lose so will pay for his fights yet really goes right to the race card saying imagine how big I'd be if I was white or whatever! I don't think he could get much bigger unless he said fuck it and truly fought anyone, any time ala Sugar Ray Robinson!

In any case, PBF won't do a Robinson & his plan worked perfectly cause he will never have to cause he made so much money by fighting the right guys @ the right time! In closing I have to say, unless testing is done year around, it doesn't really matter what test is taken so why not just take the test & make the fight but as PBF would say, "like I said before" there are things that can be taken that no test would catch anyhow so what are we really talking about here? Can't the 2 best WW's fight each other for $75 plus million? lmao! A number by the way that I am not sure anyone deserves to make for 1 fight. With that said I would pay to see it! JUST SAYING
darroy
QUOTE (caneman @ Jun 11 2011, 01:46 PM) *
I am not sure either guy beating the other will ever be enough for some! I don't think we will ever see Floyd fight again if they ever do fight!

Maybe this is all a way for them to make more money but this whole test thing is kinda silly in some ways! I mean if a guy fighting @ 126(Pacman)is weighing 135-139 on fight night, why the hell couldn't he go from 126-147 in a couple of years? Why does it seem so important for Floyd & his whole family to dis credit every damn thing Pac has done? Why is it so hard to believe?

And would Pacman get credit if he passed the test & beat Floyd silly like he did say Cotto & Margacheato? Why do I just know it wouldn't be enough for some people? It's all crazy to me! I mean on the front page we seen is Pac turning down $75 million to fight? Yet it wasn't asked of PBF. Not saying it's bias or anything, just asking why can't either guy be that good? Why don't they both deserve credit as great champions?

Here is something else on the weight thing, wasn't Floyd about about 108 @ 16-17 years old? By the time he was 30 years old was he fight @ 147 & beyond? Why can it be cool that Floyd did it but not Pac? By the same token while I don't know why any one fighter has the right to ask for testing that no one else is asking for BUT it sure made Pac look bad by not taking the test! EXACTLY what all the Mayweather's wanted! Just like PBF wanted to be the villain which by the way worked GREAT for him cause he still has his fans that love him to death & others that are dying to see him lose so will pay for his fights yet really goes right to the race card saying imagine how big I'd be if I was white or whatever! I don't think he could get much bigger unless he said fuck it and truly fought anyone, any time ala Sugar Ray Robinson!

In any case, PBF won't do a Robinson & his plan worked perfectly cause he will never have to cause he made so much money by fighting the right guys @ the right time! In closing I have to say, unless testing is done year around, it doesn't really matter what test is taken so why not just take the test & make the fight but as PBF would say, "like I said before" there are things that can be taken that no test would catch anyhow so what are we really talking about here? Can't the 2 best WW's fight each other for $75 plus million? lmao! A number by the way that I am not sure anyone deserves to make for 1 fight. With that said I would pay to see it! JUST SAYING

darroy
caneman, i agree with your post. i think both are great, they go about their work in different ways but get the job done. and to comment on what you said about floyd's weight gain i to have thought why is it only possible for floyd to jump multiple weight classes maintaining speed, etc. but if someone else does it (manny) it's because something ain't right? look at floyd's fights back around 1999 or so as opposed to now and he's much bigger and has really filled out but that don't mean he's done something fishy does it? larry merchant summed it up when he said "in floyd's eyes no one is that good except of course for himself(floyd)" and that goes for his diehards as well. it's unfortunate because now there is beginning to be an epidemic in the sport where guys get their ass kicked and now are hollering it's because the opponent is doping.
PullCounter
QUOTE (caneman @ Jun 11 2011, 02:46 PM) *

A better comparison would be pacquiao and marquez. When they had their fight early in 08 pac weighed 145 on fight night while marquez weighed at 142. When they made their welter debutes (in the same year for pac mind you) pac had no problem making 145 and his body looked better than ever. While marquez who weighed 142 vs mayweather, looked bloated. I brought this up to show you that fight-night weight does not mean your natural weight. Maybe you can attribute this to the fact that pac had a personal trainer but it's still something to think about.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Dukes202 @ Jun 11 2011, 07:43 AM) *

QUOTE (boxtop123 @ Jun 11 2011, 09:13 AM) *
manny pacquiao cannot afford to take the test right now because if he failed he would be the most disgraced boxer in history and even the writers and orgaizations that supported him will turn against himdue to the fact that they had gone to bat for him and were cheated all of his boxing achievments would be tainted and history books outlast fighters.

now if he felt he would pass the test we wouldnt be having this conversation

I've been sayin' this since day 1. Manny's afraid of needles, though.

QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Jun 11 2011, 01:37 PM) *

Floyd will never get credit. I can hear it now... "He was too big for Manny Pacquiao, etc..."

QUOTE (caneman @ Jun 11 2011, 02:46 PM) *

Ben has already given an in-depth answer to this question. When I find the link, I'll link you to it.

EDIT: http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content1007...3f704f6500d075c (Scroll down to the 7th email question)
boxtop123
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 11 2011, 10:40 AM) *
maybe its something I don't understand about PED's but after a good few weeks aren't they untraceable? I mean even if he did take the test know, you could of been on something weeks earlier.

when you were in school did you prefer to know when your teacher was going to give you a test or would you prefer to be surprised? ANY ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION REVEALS WHY MANNY WONT TAKE THE TEST
NOW APPLY YOUR ANSWER TO WHY MANNY WONT SUBMIT TO RANDOM TESTING
caneman
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Jun 11 2011, 06:12 PM) *
I've been sayin' this since day 1. Manny's afraid of needles, though.

Floyd will never get credit. I can hear it now... "He was too big for Manny Pacquiao, etc..."

Ben has already given an in-depth answer to this question. When I find the link, I'll link you to it.

EDIT: http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content1007...3f704f6500d075c (Scroll down to the 7th email question)

Ben answered it well as I expect him too but I just wanna bring up a couple of points...for 1 pacs weight was still close and the other is pacs style which could make him or break him! He could get knocked on his ass or knock someone on theirs! Yea he left a serious mark on those guys even though I must say, some of the guys were hand picked washed up pieces of shit most of the time and now they are cracks on the mark! And I am not retarded,(even though I might type that way @ times, lol)!!! I understand the catch weights are bullshit but guess what they signed the contract!

Again I believe Berto was a better fight for Pac then Margacheato and that worthless belt with an extra chip as far as a belt PBF has loved since he started winning belts as a pro! However, it was weird cause it was great match making and poor all in one!!!! I mean sure, Marg may have trashed Cotto but very few thought pac would win and even more so with DLH. I don't think his power went up though. More of landed better punches at better angles and had more use of his right hand! Better foot work and even more in and out movement which made guys not have a chance to do much of anything!

Look if pac is cheating I hope he is caught but based on night of fight weights I don't think it's unlikely! But testing for one fight ain't gonna do shit. To me his energy level was about the same, the footwork and different punches were added. Sure he could be blood doping or on EPO but based on the Mosley fight he ain't on shit and can have an off night just like anyone! "Like I said before" his energy level was about the same, his arsenal was higher!
caneman
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jun 11 2011, 10:40 AM) *
maybe its something I don't understand about PED's but after a good few weeks aren't they untraceable? I mean even if he did take the test know, you could of been on something weeks earlier

That is the thing, if he was using, he already reaped the benefit of using and why ONLY YEAR AROUND TESTING MAKES A DIFFERENCE AND IF IT'S TRUE THEY HAVE STUFF THAT CAN'T BE DETECTED, IT WOULD NOT MATTER ANYHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jvo1800
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Jun 11 2011, 01:37 PM) *

Good question, but just because it's Floyd......they would come up with something to take away from his flawless performance
caneman
QUOTE (jvo1800 @ Jun 11 2011, 07:30 PM) *
Good question, but just because it's Floyd......they would come up with something to take away from his flawless performance

If Floyd beat Pacman, I wouldn't, he would deserve even more credit than being one of the most skilled ever but I bet I would wanna see Maravilla vs Money! Just being honest! rap.gif
gravytrain
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 11 2011, 11:21 AM) *
Even if they did there would always be an influx of those who really are not aware of the fact that this subject has been discussed here and everywhere more times than anyone should bother counting.

It might be interesting for new members of the forum to check the archives and read up on what many of us have said over the last year and a half on the subject, over and over.

Best we ignore the threads that annoy us.

i don't know about that, Beardo. i think some people are Mayweather and Pac fans first and boxing fans second. the join date doesn't change that. there really doesn't need to be 5 threads about Mayweather vs Pac shit either, there's no fight announced and there's too many things actually going on in the sport of boxing instead of what can hypothetically happen.
Cyrenn
Dayumn! Why do you guys keep insisting Manny won't take the test, so tired of you Flomo's stuck in your own world. You turds seriously need to get a life? or better yet an education.
FightHypeRules
QUOTE (Dukes202 @ Jun 11 2011, 04:43 AM) *

****EVERYTHING BELOW THIS IS SIMPLY MY OPINION. IF YOU TAKE IT AS SOMETHING ELSE, THAT IS ON YOU.****

AS someone that doesn't like either Floyd or Manny, let me give you my reasons why I think he shouldn't do it unless he wants to.

1. I don't like the idea of one person imposing their will on another (outside of the ring, of course). I don't like the idea of someone going to such extremes to degrade another person and to cast aspersions on that person's character.

Until Floyd retired that first time, and suddenly Manny beat DLH and Hatton, Floyd had no real problems with Manny. Once people started saying that Manny was better than Floyd, that's when all the steroid talk started. Throwing out baseless rumors, and beating the drum accusing him of doing things that there was no proof for. Things that would stain any person's reputation and image. Things that landed him in court over, and it doesn't appear that this is just going to go away by the way the Judge ruled recently.

Once people started putting Manny's name above Floyd, it seemed (in my opinion) that Floyd was chafed at that, and that's when all the accusations started. So that's one reason I think Manny should not do anything he doesn't want to. While Floyd talks about how he wants to clean up the sport, his sudden interest didn't materialize until people started looking at Manny as better than Floyd. Then suddenly he was out to save Boxing, the very sport he denigrated in a call in radio show with Ra The Rugged Man, in which he said that Boxing would be dead once he left. Putting yourself above the sport, is not what's good.

With me, anyway, it's all about intentions. The idea of taking tests, I have no problem with. I think everyone should be mandated to take olympic style blood tests. However that is not what is mandated. For all the talk of a weight limit fine or glove size or ring size, or whatever. The thing is that only one of those "stipulations" comes with an accusation that is an attempt to damage a person's image and integrity and honor.

2. People who say "if he has nothing to hide he should take the test", apparently don't believe in the presumption of innocence until proven guilty. They apparently believe that if they are ever caught up and go to court, they should help the prosecution make their case for them.

I don't buy into this "you prove to us you're NOT doping." No, bitch, you prove to me that I AM. That's YOUR job. You're making accusations, you're saying I'm doing this, I'm doing that, I'm on this, I'm on that. PROVE IT! Don't come to me and make me prove I'm not."

Enough of this "when was the last time you beat your wife" type tactics.

Yes, if Manny took the tests, I'm sure that would satisfy some people, but this has been taken to such a ridiculous place, that even if he takes a blood test every day 10 times a day, and between every round and after the fight, there will STILL be those who will say that he was taking something that was undetectable. Cause you KNOW how those Phillipinos are, right?

Bottom line is this: Manny doesn't have to take any tests. If he wants to, that's great. But the state of Nevada does not mandate them. If he wants the NSAC to change their policy, why has he not petitioned them to do so? Last I read (and things could have changed), NSAC said he had not petitioned them about anything.

If he truly wants EVERYONE to be on it, and he's TRULY thinking of the sport, and not one specific person, then he needs to petition them. That would shut EVERYONE up, because then he'd be backing it up when he says it's not just about Manny. Requiring everyone HE fights to take them, doesn't do anything, particularly when he's only fighting once every year and a half or so.

3. Finally, I've gotten to the point now that I don't even want to see the fight. They've both pissed me off with their bullshit that I just don't care anymore. If they fight, whatever. IF they don't, whatever. This will go down as one of those Mythical Matchups. Like what would happen if Tommy Morrison and Tyson ever fought (like was slated before Tommy contracted HIV) or Ali vs. Jack Johnson. Just another long line of What if's.
Dukes202
Most of you all have valid points but thing is as a fighter myself.I don't understand how most of all of our major sports football,basketball,baseball all have random tests for steroids and other illegal substances.why the hell doesn't a full contact sport as professional boxing doesn't have tests as well?and I don't mean just for floyd and mannys case I mean the sport of boxing itself.that fucking dangerous son.this ain't no fuckin Rocky movie its life.when you sign for your USA Boxing paperwork it clearly states if your killed in the ring its no ones fault but your own because you know the dangers.so by there being no clear cut standards on blood tests in pro boxing man it makes it that much worse.and for you cats that don't like folks asking the questions don't comment.its that simple it doesn't matter if I'm new to fighthype or not who cares I don't get paid to be on here.thanks for yalls input negative or positive its all opinions anyway
Dukes202
Sorry for the typos I'm on my sidekick 4g
Dukes202
QUOTE (FightHypeRules @ Jun 12 2011, 07:05 AM) *
****EVERYTHING BELOW THIS IS SIMPLY MY OPINION. IF YOU TAKE IT AS SOMETHING ELSE, THAT IS ON YOU.****

AS someone that doesn't like either Floyd or Manny, let me give you my reasons why I think he shouldn't do it unless he wants to.

1. I don't like the idea of one person imposing their will on another (outside of the ring, of course). I don't like the idea of someone going to such extremes to degrade another person and to cast aspersions on that person's character.

Until Floyd retired that first time, and suddenly Manny beat DLH and Hatton, Floyd had no real problems with Manny. Once people started saying that Manny was better than Floyd, that's when all the steroid talk started. Throwing out baseless rumors, and beating the drum accusing him of doing things that there was no proof for. Things that would stain any person's reputation and image. Things that landed him in court over, and it doesn't appear that this is just going to go away by the way the Judge ruled recently.

Once people started putting Manny's name above Floyd, it seemed (in my opinion) that Floyd was chafed at that, and that's when all the accusations started. So that's one reason I think Manny should not do anything he doesn't want to. While Floyd talks about how he wants to clean up the sport, his sudden interest didn't materialize until people started looking at Manny as better than Floyd. Then suddenly he was out to save Boxing, the very sport he denigrated in a call in radio show with Ra The Rugged Man, in which he said that Boxing would be dead once he left. Putting yourself above the sport, is not what's good.

With me, anyway, it's all about intentions. The idea of taking tests, I have no problem with. I think everyone should be mandated to take olympic style blood tests. However that is not what is mandated. For all the talk of a weight limit fine or glove size or ring size, or whatever. The thing is that only one of those "stipulations" comes with an accusation that is an attempt to damage a person's image and integrity and honor.

2. People who say "if he has nothing to hide he should take the test", apparently don't believe in the presumption of innocence until proven guilty. They apparently believe that if they are ever caught up and go to court, they should help the prosecution make their case for them.

I don't buy into this "you prove to us you're NOT doping." No, bitch, you prove to me that I AM. That's YOUR job. You're making accusations, you're saying I'm doing this, I'm doing that, I'm on this, I'm on that. PROVE IT! Don't come to me and make me prove I'm not."

Yes, if Manny took the tests, I'm sure that would satisfy some people, but this has been taken to such a ridiculous place, that even if he takes a blood test every day 10 times a day, and between every round and after the fight, there will STILL be those who will say that he was taking something that was undetectable. Cause you KNOW how those Phillipinos are, right?

Bottom line is this: Manny doesn't have to take any tests. If he wants to, that's great. But the state of Nevada does not mandate them. If he wants the NSAC to change their policy, why has he not petitioned them to do so? Last I read (and things could have changed), NSAC said he had not petitioned them about anything.

If he truly wants EVERYONE to be on it, and he's TRULY thinking of the sport, and not one specific person, then he needs to petition them. That would shut EVERYONE up, because then he'd be backing it up when he says it's not just about Manny. Requiring everyone HE fights to take them, doesn't do anything, particularly when he's only fighting once every year and a half or so.

3. Finally, I've gotten to the point now that I don't even want to see the fight. They've both pissed me off with their bullshit that I just don't care anymore. If they fight, whatever. IF they don't, whatever. This will go down as one of those Mythical Matchups. Like what would happen if Tommy Morrison and Tyson ever fought (like was slated before Tommy contracted HIV) or Ali vs. Jack Johnson. Just another long line of What if's.

I feel you on the petition but he has to start somewhere and Money is making everyone he fights take a test so I think believe there's an effort.like I said he has to start somewhere.its a big fuckin deal son.this ain't baseball we don't hit a ball we hit each other regardless of what anyone says bout the whole manny/floyd situation these PEDs are a serious issue
maac
The most balanced, unbiased and intelligent post about all of those
related threads.
You can't force the NSAC, you can't put myself above the sport,
you can't derogate the 'innocent until proven guilty' period.

QUOTE (FightHypeRules @ Jun 12 2011, 06:05 AM) *

HazConvictedFelonMane
Yawwwwnnnnnn. Wake me up when these threads get interesting. We already know that this guy doesn't want to get exposed. That's the only reason someone would avoid the tests in the 1st place. He doesn't want people to see the Manny that the commentators were saying was showing signs of declining. We saw it already do there's no reason to act like a bitch. He's gonna get whooped any ol' way.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (FightHypeRules @ Jun 12 2011, 07:05 AM) *

Sadly, I believe this will be the case... FOREVER!
caneman
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Jun 12 2011, 01:23 PM) *
Yawwwwnnnnnn. Wake me up when these threads get interesting. We already know that this guy doesn't want to get exposed. That's the only reason someone would avoid the tests in the 1st place. He doesn't want people to see the Manny that the commentators were saying was showing signs of declining. We saw it already do there's no reason to act like a bitch. He's gonna get whooped any ol' way.

If that is the case why we even need a test? He ain't gonna juice if their was extra testing and without it being year around it don't matter much does it? I really don't think either guy is scared though, I mean maybe PBF but only of losing that 0 but what does Pac have to be scared of? He may get has ears boxed of but PBF as GREAT AS HE IS, just ain't no Tyson!!! This shit goes down party lines for the most part even if one of us come up with valid points the other side post a mr opal video and says see they are all facts! I mean dude makes some good points but it's mixed with opinion!

And bro, you should be able to admit there were some good points made on both sides here...you think you are yawning homie? Most on this board have been here so many times it is crazy! WHATEVER THOUGH, CARRY ON! LOLZ
caneman
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Jun 12 2011, 01:26 PM) *
Sadly, I believe this will be the case... FOREVER!

And that may very well be true! The fans seem to want it more than they do!
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (caneman @ Jun 12 2011, 02:36 PM) *
And that may very well be true! The fans seem to want it more than they do!

I just read a new article (moments ago, literally) and Roger Mayweather is talkin' slick out the mouth again about how Manny Pacquiao is on "that shit." So nah, this fight ain't gon' ever happen. More lawsuits will probably ensue, but that's about it. SMH!

By the way, the article's main quote, is... Roger Mayweather: “It would be crazy for Floyd to go in the ring with Pacquiao after fighting Ortiz"
lloyd mayflower
At the end of the day, the biggest slice of justice that can be dished out here is that both guys will always be remembered as those 2 guys who didnt fight eachother.
BoxingFan86
Am I allowed to post links from other boxin' forums, or is that against the rules? If I'm allowed to, I'll post a link to the interview.
caneman
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Jun 12 2011, 04:50 PM) *
Am I allowed to post links from other boxin' forums, or is that against the rules? If I'm allowed to, I'll post a link to the interview.

copy and paste and link it 1st! As far as I know it is allowed! And honestly I don't know if Pac used or not but when a guy who fights @ 126 weighs in on fight night @ 135-141 & looks solid, I just don't know why so many thinks it's impossible really. I don't buy the keep all his power shit, land more punches cause of technical improvements & a better arsenal, better footwork & more movement! But it's ok, peeps will believe what they want & I understand, saying you ain't gonna take the test is not a good look @ all!

I will say forever though, if it ain't year around testing it don't mean shit! And why do the Mayweather's have discredit Pac & cockroach? I just think it is silly! Post that link bro!
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (caneman @ Jun 12 2011, 06:02 PM) *
copy and paste and link it 1st! As far as I know it is allowed! And honestly I don't know if Pac used or not but when a guy who fights @ 126 weighs in on fight night @ 135-141 & looks solid, I just don't know why so many thinks it's impossible really. I don't buy the keep all his power shit, land more punches cause of technical improvements & a better arsenal, better footwork & more movement! But it's ok, peeps will believe what they want & I understand, saying you ain't gonna take the test is not a good look @ all!

I will say forever though, if it ain't year around testing it don't mean shit! And why do the Mayweather's have discredit Pac & cockroach? I just think it is silly! Post that link bro!

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=28305&more=1

His views on Floyd Mayweather Junior’s upcoming September 17 matchup against Victor Ortiz:

“My nephew can fight pretty much anybody out there and go in and beat them. My nephew’s got too much skill for these mother f*ckers! That’s why they can’t win. Boxing is about what you learn. Boxing ain’t about because you throw punches. You got to throw the punches in the right place at the right time. Anybody can lucky, but as far as skill-wise there ain’t nobody out there who can match him, period! Remember, my nephew has more skills than Sugar Ray Leonard, too.”

His views on Victor Ortiz as an opponent for his nephew:

“Ah, he’s an opponent just like all the rest of them. De La Hoya was an opponent. Shane Mosley was an opponent. That’s what he is. He’s an opponent, too.”

On whether he played part in the decision making process to choose Ortiz as Floyd’s next opponent:

“Listen, I don’t debate as to who my nephew will fight and who he won’t fight because number one, my nephew has pretty much fought all the best fighters out there. Pretty much as far as in his weight division, he fought the best fighters out there, anyway! If you talk about Ricky Hatton, he already beat Ricky Hatton. If you talk about Shane Mosley, he already beat Shane Mosley. If you talk about Marquez, he already, so any guy you talk about that, that was still fighting and was good, my nephew already beat him. So this is another challenge. That’s all. You just prepare differently for the guy that you’re fighting because all guys have a little difference in styles.”

Regarding the differences in training techniques to prepare Floyd for a southpaw:

“It’s easy! I can train any fighter so it doesn’t matter. I just trained a southpaw fighter that’s going to fight a minute ago. The number one contender I train is a southpaw. That’s Said Ouali. So training a southpaw ain’t nothing, so fighting a southpaw ain’t nothing.”

On how soon he expects to be in camp to train Floyd for Victor Ortiz:

“You ain’t have to worry about it this early because we’re a ways from the fight. You can’t be four or five months out talking about training for a fighter. It don’t take that long to get prepared for a fighter. So you start talking about fighting about two months. It don’t take no more than that to prepare for a fighter, otherwise if you do more than that you over train, anyway.”

On whether he believes Victor Ortiz is a more talented fighter than Manny Pacquiao:

“I think the guy’s got better talent. This guy Victor Ortiz has better talent than Pacquiao. Pacquiao ain’t nothing but wild, anyway! Pacquiao ain’t got no skills, period! That ain’t why he’s winning. That ain’t why he’s winning! He ain’t winning on no skills, that’s for sure.”

On the fact Victor Ortiz has agreed to take the drug test for this particular fight:

“Well that’s the thing. Like I said, this guy is more skilled than Pacquiao. Pacquiao ain’t skilled! Pacquiao’s just wild. He ain’t no skilled fighter. He ain’t got no head movement either, Pacquiao. They’re going to see how much skills he has.”

His views on Pacquiao’s last victory against Shane Mosley:

“Well like I said, he could get away with that with other fighter because, number one Mosley wanted the money. That’s why he couldn’t force him to take the test. He couldn’t force Pacquiao to take the test, but if he fights my nephew he’s going to take the test. Then you will find out what he really can do. There ain’t no way in the world a guy that’s been knocked out twice at 105 pounds is going to beat up someone like Shane Mosley at 157 pounds. There ain’t no way. The only reason why he does win with all of those guys, anybody can tell you what he does because he wouldn’t fight my nephew the first time. He wouldn’t even take the test. ‘Oh I can’t take a test! I got to take the test four days before the fight’. That already tells you. You got to take a test four days before the fight? Why? You take a test the day before the fight. That’s generally when you take a test, blood test, HIV test, all of that. You take that a day or two days before the fight. He said oh I can’t take it, I got to take it four days before the fight. That’s why the fight never happened. Hopefully it happens and when it happens everybody is going to say the same thing that they were going to say already. Floyd had too much skill for his mother f*cking ass, and if he ain’t got that sh*t in him he’s going to get knocked out! He ain’t going to get whooped, he’s going to get knocked out because he can’t fight anyway! Pacquiao can’t fight! All that wild sh*t he’s doing, he can’t fight! He does that because he’s got that sh*t in him. That’s all there is to it. How a guy who’s been knocked out twice at 105 pounds going to beat a guy at 150 pounds? Ain’t nobody no f*cking fool! And remember, when he was fighting at 105 pounds, do you think those guys at 105 pounds are better than the guys he’s fighting now—De La Hoya, Shane Mosley, Ricky Hatton—at a higher God damned weight? If you believe that something has got to be wrong with you!”

Regarding speculation that Floyd will face Pacquiao next since Ortiz is a southpaw volume puncher like Pacquiao:

“Hey, you know what? To be the best you don’t debate as pretty much who you’re going to fight. You’re getting paid to fight so that’s what it’s about. You’re getting paid to fight. Right? Okay, then. So if you getting paid enough money to fight then you’re going to fight the guy that they’re going to put you in the ring with. It would be no different with Pacquiao or any other fighter. So I don’t know if they’re talking about preparing for Pacquiao. Pacquiao ain’t no big issue, anyway. Pacquiao is a big issue to the public. He ain’t no big issue in boxing to me, because I know how he fights with all that wild ass sh*t he throws. All Pacquiao’s got to do is take that Olympic style test and Pacquiao’s going to get his ass knocked out, too. I’m going to tell you this before it ever happens. When he gets his ass whooped you know what you’re going to say to me? ‘Oh Mayweather! I didn’t think your nephew would do this to Pacquiao!’ Why? He’s been knocked out twice at 105 pounds anyway, and the only reason he can ever compete against a guy at this kind of weight is because he got that sh*t in him. That’s all there is to it! Otherwise there ain’t no way in the world a guy who’s been knocked out twice at 105 pounds is going to beat a guy at 150 pounds, not a guy with skills he ain’t!”

His views on his Floyd Junior’s long layoffs and at what point he thinks these layoffs will begin having a negative impact on his nephew’s performances:

“They will affect him. You can’t keep taking layoffs with guys that are active. You can’t keep doing it. That’s what gets fighters beat, and you can’t say oh he beat me because of this or he beat me because of that. The bottom line is layoffs hurt fighters. If you’re going to be a fighter you have to be actively fighting. If you’re going to make this your career and you’re going to be a fighter, then you have to be actively fighting. I mean that’s your job. If you want to commit to your job you have to stay on point. That means you have to be training, you have to be preparing, and you have to stay in that gym because the gym is what makes you money.”

Regarding the last time he saw Floyd training in the gym:

“Floyd ain’t been in the gym. He ain’t been in the gym. He’ll get in the gym but he ain’t been in the gym. I mean he’s going to train and get ready for the fight, he ain’t gonna slack from that but the whole thing of it is, no matter how much of a great fighter he is, when you keep taking time off, and taking time off, and you ain’t going to the gym, it diminishes your skills. That was just the boxing. It ain’t just diminishing Floyd’s skills. It would diminish any other fighter’s skills. You have seen when Ray Leonard came back and beat Marvin Hagler, right? Then he came back after another long layoff and he came back and Camacho whipped his ass. He came back and Terry Norris whipped his ass. What’s that tell you? That diminishes skills. You cannot keep taking layoffs, and layoffs, and layoffs, and think your skills are going to be the same. It ain’t going to happen.”

On whether he believes Floyd would be ready to fight Pacquiao in his next fight if he beats Victor Ortiz:

“Well I wouldn’t think he would fight Pacquiao right after fighting Victor Ortiz. I mean it would be crazy for Floyd to go in the ring with Pacquiao after fighting Victor Ortiz! Floyd needs fights. He needs to be active. Don’t get me wrong, Floyd is the greatest fighter out there, period. Right now in today’s boxing Floyd is the greatest fighter out there. But at the same time I don’t think that Floyd can do this. Floyd needs tune-ups like anybody else. It ain’t no different than any other fighter if you are going to compete with a guy who has been active all the time.”

On whether he believes Floyd would need more tune-ups after Ortiz before being ready to face Pacquiao:

“He’ll need more. It ain’t so much for Pacquiao, anyway. It’s more tune-ups to perform up to his level of performance. It ain’t so much Pacquiao as do you want to perform up to your expectations. You have to be active to do that. When you ain’t active you can’t do that. Just like what I told you about Sugar Ray Leonard. Yeah he got up for the fight for Marvin Hagler. That was the biggest fight that was out there. But what happened after that? What I’m saying is he prepared for Marvin Hagler because that was the biggest fight for him out there so he prepared for it. Remember, he fought a guy way smaller than Marvin Hagler and he got stopped. The thing of it is when you ain’t actually fighting, he looked at Camacho’s size and said this is going to be an easy fight. You know why I know that? You know why I know how he prepared for Camacho? Because he asked me! Before they ever fought he said you boxed Camacho didn’t you? I said, yeah. He said how was he? I said he wasn’t sh*t to me. I handled him easy. We never fought in the real ring because he already knew what time it was. I used to bake that ass every day. Boom! He asked me right before that fight. I ain’t had no problems with all of that but boom! But I guess he thought he would just maybe walk in there without training. That’s where he was at.”

On whether he saw Victor Ortiz’s most recent victory against Andre Berto:

“Yeah I’ve seen it. They both got dropped. I’ve seen that fight. I generally don’t watch boxing today but I just happened to come home, turned the TV on, and I had seen boxing on. I watched the last fight.”

On whether he saw any weaknesses in Ortiz’s game that he believes Floyd can exploit in the ring:

“Well I don’t know what weaknesses he has, but whatever weaknesses he has my nephew will exploit, anyway! He’s way more skilled than Andre Berto, so it don’t matter what skills he got. Whatever skills he’s got and whatever he lacks in skills he’s going to find out on that night. Remember, like I’m telling you, my nephew really ain’t an active fighter. In these days and times he’s not really an active fighter. In order to bring the best out of Floyd he has to be active. Being active makes you sharper. Being active keeps your skills up, but he’s got enough time to prepare for the guy and he’s going to his best. He may not have his best performance, but I think he’ll have enough skills to win.”

Regarding how he sees the September 17 fight between Floyd Mayweather Junior and Victor Ortiz playing out:

“It’s always skills that pay the bills. He’s the most skilled fighter out there. Skills pay the bills and like I said Floyd is the most skilled fighter out there in the world of boxing. So all Floyd has got to do is prepare and do the work that he does. He’s going to be a little diminished because he’s been laid off from boxing for a little bit, but he’s still got enough skills to overcome the other fighter. He’ll be alright once he gets the rust off him.”

On what he has to say to all the fans out there who believe that Manny Pacquiao is the best fighter in boxing today:

“Well if they say Pacquiao’s the best fighter, that tells you the people that don’t know sh*t about boxing. How is he the best fighter when he’s been knocked out twice? Does that make him the best fighter? Get them to answer that question. Tell the people who say he’s the best fighter that he’s been knocked out twice. So how can he be the best fighter? Floyd never lost, period. So how can he be the best fighter when he’s been knocked out twice? But he’s the best fighter? I ain’t never seen a guy be the best fighter when he’s been knocked out twice. So the next time they ask you that, then you say how can he be. That’s all you have to say. How can he be? He’s been knocked out twice.”

If Roger has never told the truth before, he told the truth about the layoffs.
lloyd mayflower
On what he has to say to all the fans out there who believe that Manny Pacquiao is the best fighter in boxing today:

“Well if they say Pacquiao’s the best fighter, that tells you the people that don’t know sh*t about boxing. How is he the best fighter when he’s been knocked out twice? Does that make him the best fighter? Get them to answer that question. Tell the people who say he’s the best fighter that he’s been knocked out twice. So how can he be the best fighter? Floyd never lost, period. So how can he be the best fighter when he’s been knocked out twice? But he’s the best fighter? I ain’t never seen a guy be the best fighter when he’s been knocked out twice. So the next time they ask you that, then you say how can he be. That’s all you have to say. How can he be? He’s been knocked out twice.”

That paragraph tell you all you need to know about Roger Mayweather.

caneman
LOLZ!He is something else.

He’s been knocked out twice at 105 pounds anyway, and the only reason he can ever compete against a guy at this kind of weight is because he got that sh*t in him. That’s all there is to it! Otherwise there ain’t no way in the world a guy who’s been knocked out twice at 105 pounds is going to beat a guy at 150 pounds, not a guy with skills he ain’t!”

He was also 17 & 4'11" @ the time, whatever though!
caneman
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jun 12 2011, 05:14 PM) *
That paragraph tell you all you need to know about Roger Mayweather.

Really when PBF was 17ish he lost too. He lost 6 fights back then...what does that have to do with now?
lloyd mayflower
The Mayweathers and their unhealthy obssesion with Floyds "0".

Someone should tell Muhammad Ali he aint shit.
mgrover
as if mayweathers going to knock anybody out, now thats a joke
boxtop123
QUOTE (darroy @ Jun 11 2011, 03:27 PM) *
caneman, i agree with your post. i think both are great, they go about their work in different ways but get the job done. and to comment on what you said about floyd's weight gain i to have thought why is it only possible for floyd to jump multiple weight classes maintaining speed, etc. but if someone else does it (manny) it's because something ain't right? look at floyd's fights back around 1999 or so as opposed to now and he's much bigger and has really filled out but that don't mean he's done something fishy does it? larry merchant summed it up when he said "in floyd's eyes no one is that good except of course for himself(floyd)" and that goes for his diehards as well. it's unfortunate because now there is beginning to be an epidemic in the sport where guys get their ass kicked and now are hollering it's because the opponent is doping.

but the only difference is floyd is willing to prove to the world as well as his loyal fans that he is clean by subjecting himself to random blood and urine tests and manny pacquiao is running in the other direction this is fact regardless of who you like
caneman
QUOTE (boxtop123 @ Jun 12 2011, 05:39 PM) *
but the only difference is floyd is willing to prove to the world as well as his loyal fans that he is clean by subjecting himself to random blood and urine tests and manny pacquiao is running in the other direction this is fact regardless of who you like

Roger is that you? 50 maybe or is it P Reala? lmao...just playing!
gravytrain
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jun 12 2011, 06:25 PM) *
The Mayweathers and their unhealthy obssesion with Floyds "0".

Someone should tell Muhammad Ali he aint shit.

Floyd Sr and Roger make me laugh, Lloyd. Roger and Floyd Sr have had their ass whooped in the ring and both of them have been stopped. then both of these guys want to talk about undefeated records. since both of them have losses and even KO losses they must be worse than Pac since their careers weren't as solid as Pac's career is.

most people don't know shit about boxing.
caneman
Remember this shit y'all? http://www.zshare.net/audio/676796581a1c2a9e/
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (caneman @ Jun 12 2011, 09:42 PM) *

I already knew what it was before I even clicked on the link. That shit is too classic to forget lol. I wonder if Ra still thinks Floyd is still scared of Mosley.
iKeNjiro
This topic is dumb and old, not because it's been talked about so much in countless threads an topics everywhere, but because the answer is soooooo simple.
It annoys because in the end it does come down to race and Floyd's Money character he puts on for ticket sales. Ali wasn't loved he was known an made out by the media as a loud mouth not so smart clown. It wasn't till he left the sport before he got his paid dues. This will also happen with Floyd.
FACT is people just don't like Floyd, some for hs Money character others because he's black an in that ring he out classes top tier fighters.
I know for a fucking fact had Pacman asked for those test an Floyd declined GAMEOVER
Pisses me off because ANY damn man who refuses RANDOM testing is a cheater till proven otherwise!
All these bullshit excuses are getting annoying
Saying Manny shouldn't submit to Floyd's terms? Then why do other fighters have to submit to Manny and Arum's terms?
Arum terms Top Rank
Mannys come up or down in weight
Smaller gloves Rules are 10oz not 8oz unless both fighters agree
just to name a few lets look at Mayweather vs Manny
Manny wanted
8oz
10million per pound over
An much more ill find the rest trust me now im in the office on my phone
Anywho Floyd agreed Floyd's demand RANDOM testing an all of a sudden Manny is afraid of needles or now they say Manny shouldn't have to follow Floyd's rules? Lol my fav.
Or now there saying he doesn't need Floyd lol
If Manny is the people's champ he would take that test no problem
only drug users bulk at test, because.... well they're using drugs

So in Pascal's voice yet again
Manny Take The Test!!!

Edit: Also yea Floyd started small and moved upin weight
Only difference is he's willing to take the test
FightHypeRules
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Jun 12 2011, 08:49 PM) *
Saying Manny shouldn't submit to Floyd's terms? Then why do other fighters have to submit to Manny and Arum's terms?
Arum terms Top Rank
Mannys come up or down in weight
Smaller gloves Rules are 10oz not 8oz unless both fighters agree
just to name a few lets look at Mayweather vs Manny
Manny wanted
8oz
10million per pound over
An much more ill find the rest trust me now im in the office on my phone

That's one of the reasons I don't like Manny. I don't like all this catch weight, come up or down in weight to fight me type crap, all so he can get another belt in a weight class that they aren't following all the rules for.

But also as I said in my post, the difference between Manny asking for those stipulations, and Floyd asking for the ODST, is only one of those were a result of baseless accusations meant to destroy another person's credibility.

Yes, you could say he could take the test and get it out of the way, but I think it boils down to Manny and them didn't like how Floyd disrespected him, so they're not going to give an inch to him.

That's not exactly right to do in a sense, but I understand it. Because at this point if they agree, they may view it as giving in to Floyd, or giving FLOYD what he wants, and less about just making the fight for the fans.

Egos abound.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (FightHypeRules @ Jun 13 2011, 12:31 AM) *
That's one of the reasons I don't like Manny. I don't like all this catch weight, come up or down in weight to fight me type crap, all so he can get another belt in a weight class that they aren't following all the rules for.

But also as I said in my post, the difference between Manny asking for those stipulations, and Floyd asking for the ODST, is only one of those were a result of baseless accusations meant to destroy another person's credibility.

Yes, you could say he could take the test and get it out of the way, but I think it boils down to Manny and them didn't like how Floyd disrespected him, so they're not going to give an inch to him.

That's not exactly right to do in a sense, but I understand it. Because at this point if they agree, they may view it as giving in to Floyd, or giving FLOYD what he wants, and less about just making the fight for the fans.

Egos abound.

Honestly, I don't have a problem with fighters fightin' at catch-weights, but when they start fightin' title fights at catch-weights, that's when it becomes a problem. In a way, I think it's borderline cheatin'.
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (FightHypeRules @ Jun 13 2011, 01:31 PM) *

Egos abound.

Okay so fighters shouldn't have to submit to manny's rules either correct?

An again if he's the peoples champ then just take the damn test man it's easy

He's refusing to test! No one see's no wrong with this? He's refusing a 60+million dollar test!
A test! I know we all we're taught only people hiding things will deny a test ...
the fights not happening because that man (Manny) is refusing a test!

When it's all said an done, history will go back on both their careers an will tear Manny's accomplishments up
fighting dehydrated fighters coming off loses to Floyd
fighting guys mentally destroyed by a cheater with brick hand wraps
Hatton after a Floyd KO
Clotty who i think could beat pacman paid on the low to lose
Maracheato who was never good just had a chin, an he was ko'd by Mosley who they skipped over
I mean come people this man jumping up weight winning the middle weight title
Which they handed to him shit he didn't even make the required weight! WTF
But he won't go anywhere near Martinez wink.gif

It's clear he's cheated his fans an history
An when we look back, when they break down his career it won't be pretty

In Pascal's voice
Manny Take The Test!
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Jun 12 2011, 11:48 PM) *
Honestly, I don't have a problem with fighters fightin' at catch-weights, but when they start fightin' title fights at catch-weights, that's when it becomes a problem. In a way, I think it's borderline cheatin'.

its not borderline cheating.. its cheating.. lol... its cheats the other greats that won titles in multiple divisions when there where only 8 divisions... those guys didnt have stipulations (catch weights)... they moved up to the division, earned their right and fought for the next title.. or moved straight up and fought for the title if their name was big enough... just saying... mannys 8 division titles is so tarnished its not even funny... and thats not just cuzz of the few catch weight fights he had but who he fought and the titles they consider world titles all of a sudden he won on the way... just using him as an example.. another guy that was exciting that is guilty of the same thing at the end of his career is sugar ray leonard... just saying... any way that was my 2 cents on that...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.