Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is Bradley Afraid of Amir Khan?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
iKeNjiro
Reading the article on Fighthype by Jon Reynoso and I mean....let's be real...Bradley has really no huge fan base even though he is ranked number 1.
He was offered 1.4 million + 80/20 split ( Bradley receiving the 20) and 50% of the payper view buys in the UK. He made 800,000 vs Devon Alexander so this is his biggest pay to date. He should of taken that money and put on his best performance against Amir, image for a sec. if he knocked Amir out! not only would his fan base/stock raise but he could then illegitimately seek bigger names with a good resume. I am disappointed he turned it down, I hate to say he's scared but in interviews he (Bradley) keeps throwing around that "What If I lose" crap showing he has some doubt in himself....any who comment and let me know if you guys think this was a good choice on Bradley's part....

P.s
I didn't use to like Judah to much, but since he has changed his life around I am a follower and a believer I hope he KO's Khan
Actually I'm taking it to the next level and saying now

Judah vs Khan - Judah by KO rd. 7
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Jun 13 2011, 06:51 AM) *
Reading the article on Fighthype by Jon Reynoso and I mean....let's be real...Bradley has really no huge fan base even though he is ranked number 1.
He was offered 1.4 million + 80/20 split ( Bradley receiving the 20) and 50% of the payper view buys in the UK. He made 800,000 vs Devon Alexander so this is his biggest pay to date. He should of taken that money and put on his best performance against Amir, image for a sec. if he knocked Amir out! not only would his fan base/stock raise but he could then illegitimately seek bigger names with a good resume. I am disappointed he turned it down, I hate to say he's scared but in interviews he (Bradley) keeps throwing around that "What If I lose" crap showing he has some doubt in himself....any who comment and let me know if you guys think this was a good choice on Bradley's part....

P.s
I didn't use to like Judah to much, but since he has changed his life around I am a follower and a believer I hope he KO's Khan
Actually I'm taking it to the next level and saying now

Judah vs Khan - Judah by KO rd. 7

When I read that article, I had to ask myself, "Who in da fuck does Bradley think he is?" I don't necessarily think he's scared of Khan, I believe he thinks his star power/status is bigger than what it really is. Ego trips and business doesn't mix too well. However, I do believe he has a lil' bit of doubt in himself like you said. It's either that, or he's just not very optimistic. He seems to focus more on the negative side than he does the positive side. Instead of lookin' at the glass half full (the opportunities this fight could present to him), he looks at the glass half empty.
Cshel86
I believe that his name would've been pushed a bit harder under the likes of GBP or even Top Rank (though I dont like Arum). The fact is, the fighter has to build a name for himself at the end of the day. The fighter has to either be a sight to see in the ring, or have a big mouth that makes people love to hate him. For example, Mayweather had a steady fan base in Grand Rapids and he a sight to see in the ring (early in his career). He then became the bad guy that people loved to hate. He has a fan base, but the ones who hate him still tune into his fights and hopes that he gets his clock cleaned. Ending result, people tune in/attend/purchase his fights regardless. You had guys like Gatti, Pacquiao, Cotto, Morales, Barrera, De La Hoya, Trinidad etc. who were exciting to see in a fight, but never had the "self-promoting" talk down to a tee. Then you had guys like RJJ, Mayweather, Judah (sometimes), Mayorga, Vargas, and Hopkins who could run their mouths, turn a press conference out, and deliver in the ring, which led to high ticket/ppvs sells. Bradley has done neither of the two, and has relied solely on his promoter to spoon feed his name to the public and hope for big fights. Maybe its a still bit early for Bradley, or he's rushing things. He may want to dismantle a solid opponent without the use of his head during a fight, then he may wake up a few fans. He just beat Alexander, but hell, even Alexander has a solid fan base in his hometown.
HazConvictedFelonMane
I haven't read the interview as of yet, though judging from what I've read on this thread thus far, it doesn't sound too good. I have to agree with one guy's comment. Bradley must think his star burns brighter and hotter than it actually does. It's hard for me to respect his stance on the matter. I think he should've taken that fight on good faith instead of trying to be greedy. Last year we were trying to get to the bottom of the 4 way fight for supremacy at 140, The winners were supposed to meet up at the top for all of the marbles. I'm bummed out about that fight not happening but if Bradley wants to act like a ho then someone else will get a shot. Zab will suffice. Khan and Bradley have one thing in common though. Both of their last fights ended due to headbutts. I understand that he wants his hard work to pay off but he has to start somewhere. This would've been the ideal place to start. If he's concerned about losing his 0 or his titles, then he should think of a career change.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 13 2011, 08:15 AM) *
Not sure about the word 'ducking', but all I know is that if the roles were reversed, Khan wouldn't be getting off so lightly, and would be a bigger issue than this scenario.

Exactly! But wait, Khan is known and has a BIGGER FOLLOWING than Bradley, so of course people are going accuse him of ducking and not fighting the best. Bradley's situation is different of course, nobody really knows this guy, so people are not gonna make a big deal about somebody that they aren't familiar with...as we are doing now.
Maxy
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 13 2011, 07:15 AM) *
Not sure about the word 'ducking', but all I know is that if the roles were reversed, Khan wouldn't be getting off so lightly, and would be a bigger issue than this scenario.

I can't stand Khan but you're bang on with that assessment. Bradley basically turned down the fight after insinuating on more than one occasion that Khan would duck him. Bradley has zero fan base but he's gotten off pretty much scott free from the vitriolic abuse he actually deserves.
Cshel86
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Jun 13 2011, 10:08 AM) *
I haven't read the interview as of yet, though judging from what I've read on this thread thus far, it doesn't sound too good. I have to agree with one guy's comment. Bradley must think his star burns brighter and hotter than it actually does. It's hard for me to respect his stance on the matter. I think he should've taken that fight on good faith instead of trying to be greedy. Last year we were trying to get to the bottom of the 4 way fight for supremacy at 140, The winners were supposed to meet up at the top for all of the marbles.[b][b] I'm bummed out about that fight not happening but if Bradley wants to act like a ho then someone else will get a shot.[/b] [/b]Zab will suffice. Khan and Bradley have one thing in common though. Both of their last fights ended due to headbutts. I understand that he wants his hard work to pay off but he has to start somewhere. This would've been the ideal place to start. If he's concerned about losing his 0 or his titles, then he should think of a career change.

Lmao! I was no good after I read that sentence! Man Im still dying of laughter over here! The sound of that sentence expressed a feeling of being let down and shot out by the lack of credible activity in this division, though it has crazy potential, smh. Gladly, things are starting to come together whether some guys want to fight or not. I completely understand you bro.
salvador
It'll be interesting to see how much Bradley makes in his next fight. Maybe Bradley gets an easier fight and a similar paycheck against Morales.
HazConvictedFelonMane
Upon further review, I retract my earlier statements. As far as I can tell, he's no longer happy with his situation with GSP and he turned down the fight and the money due to that reason. There are mny things that go on behind the scenes and I think it's only fair to find things out before we make assumptions. I apologize for saying that Bradley was acting like a ho, I spoke out of context without knowing the scoop. I'm interested to see which way he goes and how much better things turn out for him.
blackbelt2003
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Jun 13 2011, 03:30 PM) *
Upon further review, I retract my earlier statements. As far as I can tell, he's no longer happy with his situation with GSP and he turned down the fight and the money due to that reason. There are mny things that go on behind the scenes and I think it's only fair to find things out before we make assumptions. I apologize for saying that Bradley was acting like a ho, I spoke out of context without knowing the scoop. I'm interested to see which way he goes and how much better things turn out for him.

Hey, Tim, what's good? Can you quit hacking into HazConvicted's account? And can you also tell us why you won't fight Khan?

Black
jlupi
bradley just wants out of his contract so he can jump on the pac man lottery line
salvador
QUOTE (jlupi @ Jun 13 2011, 09:38 AM) *
bradley just wants out of his contract so he can jump on the pac man lottery line

Pac won't fight Bradley unless Bradley gets a big win. There's too many other names in line before him and Pac might have 3 more fights in him.
Seek
Bradley isn't scared. He is trying to make the best out of his career. He has fought all comers and knows what he deserves and whats best for his career. Plus his contract is up with Shaw so that has a lot to do with why he didn't take the Khan fight. He can make way more money fighting Khan later. However I do believe Khan will win that fight by a close decision. The fight will happen soon enough
HazConvictedFelonMane
@blackbelt, ha-ha. Very funny. @salvador, you know you're wrong. Manny wont fight him unless he loses. Dont make it seem as if Manny goes after fighters who have had big wins these days. Between Cotto, Clottey, Marg, and Mosley, none of them had big wins prior to their respective fights with Pacquiao. They were all on the heels of major losses before they had 'get well' fights which they may have won. Clottey came directly off of a loss. Manny's done! Floyd challenging the young fighters is something we're sure Manny wont try to out do. He's done! Floyd cleared him and the pactards have went dark all of a sudden.
BoxingWizard23
Not afraid. Just holding out on his contract and looking to see what's best for him. People tend to forget just as much as this is a entertainment industry it's also a business. These guys gotta eat and approximately over 80% boxers go broke and into money woes when they retire. Bradley is being smart. He can get a new contract with more lucrative fights and I doubt he'll fight Pacman because of Blob Arum. Tim is a guy with alot of heart I just wished the same amount of heart he has couldn't be transfused to his hands because for such a strong looking guy he has no power. I think we'll see Khan vs Bradley eventually.
Maxy
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jun 13 2011, 01:45 PM) *
Not afraid. Just holding out on his contract and looking to see what's best for him. People tend to forget just as much as this is a entertainment industry it's also a business. These guys gotta eat and approximately over 80% boxers go broke and into money woes when they retire. Bradley is being smart. He can get a new contract with more lucrative fights and I doubt he'll fight Pacman because of Blob Arum. Tim is a guy with alot of heart I just wished the same amount of heart he has couldn't be transfused to his hands because for such a strong looking guy he has no power. I think we'll see Khan vs Bradley eventually.

Well they need to get into the real world then. $1.4m? It's as good or better than any other offer he'll get right now. If he deems it too low and thinks he might go broke when he retires having earned such a pitiful amount, he deserves to go broke and die homeless.

Come on man, fuckin' hell, it's ludicrous how self importance and greed is kickin' all sports in the bollocks right now.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jun 13 2011, 07:59 PM) *
Well they need to get into the real world then. $1.4m? It's as good or better than any other offer he'll get right now. If he deems it too low and thinks he might go broke when he retires having earned such a pitiful amount, he deserves to go broke and die homeless.

Come on man, fuckin' hell, it's ludicrous how self importance and greed is kickin' all sports in the bollocks right now.

Amen. Fucking ego's need to get checked. People living hand to mouth all over every city in the world, and these cunts dont think 1.4 million isn't enough cash for a few weeks training and 36 minutes of work.
gravytrain
QUOTE (salvador @ Jun 13 2011, 10:52 AM) *
Pac won't fight Bradley unless Bradley gets a big win. There's too many other names in line before him and Pac might have 3 more fights in him.

Pac is fighting until he's 35 and will probably take 2 fights a year. Bradley could get it if he signs with Top Rank.

QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 13 2011, 08:15 AM) *

i would see it a little different since Bradley pretty much said if the money is right he'll fight for a little while now. back when HBO wanted a 140 tournament he said he would do it if the money was right and then some people thought he was ducking Alexander when Bradley was talking about the money needing to be right first. it just looks like he's holding out for more money more than anything to me.

it would depend on what Khan did for me to say whether he's ducking or not.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Jun 13 2011, 10:00 AM) *
I believe that his name would've been pushed a bit harder under the likes of GBP or even Top Rank (though I dont like Arum). The fact is, the fighter has to build a name for himself at the end of the day. The fighter has to either be a sight to see in the ring, or have a big mouth that makes people love to hate him. For example, Mayweather had a steady fan base in Grand Rapids and he a sight to see in the ring (early in his career). He then became the bad guy that people loved to hate. He has a fan base, but the ones who hate him still tune into his fights and hopes that he gets his clock cleaned. Ending result, people tune in/attend/purchase his fights regardless. You had guys like Gatti, Pacquiao, Cotto, Morales, Barrera, De La Hoya, Trinidad etc. who were exciting to see in a fight, but never had the "self-promoting" talk down to a tee. Then you had guys like RJJ, Mayweather, Judah (sometimes), Mayorga, Vargas, and Hopkins who could run their mouths, turn a press conference out, and deliver in the ring, which led to high ticket/ppvs sells. Bradley has done neither of the two, and has relied solely on his promoter to spoon feed his name to the public and hope for big fights. Maybe its a still bit early for Bradley, or he's rushing things. He may want to dismantle a solid opponent without the use of his head during a fight, then he may wake up a few fans. He just beat Alexander, but hell, even Alexander has a solid fan base in his hometown.

LMAO!

QUOTE (Maxy @ Jun 13 2011, 02:59 PM) *

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jun 13 2011, 03:33 PM) *
Amen. Fucking ego's need to get checked. People living hand to mouth all over every city in the world, and these cunts dont think 1.4 million isn't enough cash for a few weeks training and 36 minutes of work.

This is exactly what I meant when I said, "Ego trips and business doesn't mix too well."

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jun 13 2011, 03:46 PM) *
Pac is fighting until he's 35 and will probably take 2 fights a year. Bradley could get it if he signs with Top Rank.

i would see it a little different since Bradley pretty much said if the money is right he'll fight for a little while now. back when HBO wanted a 140 tournament he said he would do it if the money was right and then some people thought he was ducking Alexander when Bradley was talking about the money needing to be right first. it just looks like he's holding out for more money more than anything to me.

it would depend on what Khan did for me to say whether he's ducking or not.

The thing, is... Bradley isn't really a big attraction. He's not really a household name. I mean, most casual boxin' fans don't even know who he is, but they know who the Mayweathers and Pacquaios are. See the difference? Bradley's ego has him thinkin' he's a big name like those type of guys, but he's clearly not.
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jun 13 2011, 02:59 PM) *

Well understand this. You, me and others don't how his contract his with Gary Shaw. There maybe something we don't know it's a bit more obvious now that it's a contract litigation with GS so we'll have to wait and see. Tim seems like a real humble guy so I don't know if it's greed but we'll see once he talks about it.
gravytrain
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Jun 13 2011, 04:01 PM) *
LMAO!

This is exactly what I meant when I said, "Ego trips and business doesn't mix too well."

The thing, is... Bradley isn't really a big attraction. He's not really a household name. I mean, most casual boxin' fans don't even know who he is, but they know who the Mayweathers and Pacquaios are. See the difference? Bradley's ego has him thinkin' he's a big name like those type of guys, but he's clearly not.

lol who else do the casual fans know about? unless someone is fighting Mayweather or Pac they don't exist. most guys are about the money now, he's no different. it's not his fault he wants to get paid and networks will give it to him.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jun 13 2011, 04:20 PM) *
lol who else do the casual fans know about? unless someone is fighting Mayweather or Pac they don't exist. most guys are about the money now, he's no different. it's not his fault he wants to get paid and networks will give it to him.

I just used those 2 as an example. I've met casual fans that knows Marquez, Cotto, Khan, Berto, Martinez, Williams, etc...
The CEO
Is Bradley Afraid of Amir Khan?

laugh.gif

I've said this before...no fighter worth their salt is afraid of an Amir Khan...

You know how I know this?...assuming you're NOT a fighter, ask yourself the question....would YOU be afraid of Amir Khan?...lol
mrwigi
I agree with the CEO... I mean really, who is Khan to be afraid of?
lloyd mayflower
I dont think Bradley is afraid of Amir Khan, if Bradley did his homework he'd know that the Fighthype haters division has put a hex on Khan and he is doomed to failure.

Bradley is however, most definitely scared of losing his "0"
thehype
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jun 14 2011, 09:48 AM) *

Now THAT'S more like it.

For a second, I was worried that you guys were going to treat Bradley differently than you would Mayweather.

laugh.gif
salvador
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jun 14 2011, 08:48 AM) *

Without that "0" Bradley has absolutely nothing. Floyd's "0" is different because Floyd will always have millions of people who will pay good money to see him fight on the off chance he might get ko'd.
iKeNjiro
He should of the just took the fight and won
A KO would of blew his name an fame way up
he would then get the bigger pay days an tons more exposure
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Jun 14 2011, 11:35 PM) *
He should of the just took the fight and won
A KO would of blew his name an fame way up
he would then get the bigger pay days an tons more exposure

Agreed Ken. Sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate. Sign for the fight, do the business and then you are the man from 140 prolly to 147 and a viable option for those 'other two.'
gravytrain
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 14 2011, 11:16 PM) *
You can sugar coat it anyway you like, but Bradley hasn't signed on the dotted line, and has been on record saying "what if he loses". Spin it any way you like, but this vehicle you have running has stalled, and is looking ordinary at the moment. Your boy is not coming out looking great from this, and Amir Khan has shown the more interest in this fight.
Hahaha. Keep plugging away champ.

Bradley did a lot of stuff before him and Alexander signed to fight and even said Alexander hits harder during the build up to the fight. people were talking about Bradley was scared, Bradley was going to duck him and all the other things Bradley would do. we know what happened.

the vehicle hasn't stalled, it's just at BK getting fatter. hatred multiplies in your fat cells, James Toney is a perfect example of that.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jun 15 2011, 11:52 AM) *
Bradley did a lot of stuff before him and Alexander signed to fight and even said Alexander hits harder during the build up to the fight. people were talking about Bradley was scared, Bradley was going to duck him and all the other things Bradley would do. we know what happened.

the vehicle hasn't stalled, it's just at BK getting fatter. hatred multiplies in your fat cells, James Toney is a perfect example of that.

Were you really entertained by that Bradley-Alexander fight? I was highly disappointed. 1 guy head-butted his way to a victory, 1 guy flopped.

QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 15 2011, 06:35 PM) *
What a fucking whiny cry baby. He is such a whiner.

He didn't headline in fights with Alexander and wouldn't with Khan, so now he isn't taking the fight. Awwwwwwww, poor baby.

He may be better than some of these fighters, but he is cut from the same cloth as Ruiz, Juarez, G. Johnson and Winky Wright. You are bland and uninteresting, and then cries about not headlining fights. Seriously, he thinks he is more marketable than he really is.
Another bland and simple fighter with zero appeal, though thinks he has a lot of pull.

I never knew what a whinge this guy was.

This is what I've been tryin' to tell people.
gravytrain
Bradley kicked his ass, people also said Bradley was scared of him though. Bradley has been talking about the business aspect of him fighting since HBO wanted a 140 tournament.

personally i don't think he's scared because he's been doing this shit for years, only difference is he didn't get ridiculously overpaid.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jun 15 2011, 07:46 PM) *
Bradley kicked his ass, people also said Bradley was scared of him though. Bradley has been talking about the business aspect of him fighting since HBO wanted a 140 tournament.

personally i don't think he's scared because he's been doing this shit for years, only difference is he didn't get ridiculously overpaid.

Nah, he's definitely not scared, but he's allowin' his ego to cloud his business mind. Right now, his ego is punishin' his business endeavors. As a businessman, he should've known that the Khan fight would open doors for him and present great opportunities.
caneman
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Jun 15 2011, 07:05 PM) *
Nah, he's definitely not scared, but he's allowin' his ego to cloud his business mind. Right now, his ego is punishin' his business endeavors. As a businessman, he should've known that the Khan fight would open doors for him and present great opportunities.

agreed! He could beat the shit outta Khan though he would have to fight a good fight!
gravytrain
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Jun 15 2011, 08:05 PM) *

what doors? after Khan there's no one left at 140. then he can go to 147 and be undersized and with no power. if all he cares about is money his best shot is to either sign with TR and fight Pac or make as much as he can for the Khan fight then keep fighting at 140 while getting the same guaranteed amount he gets for Khan.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jun 15 2011, 08:39 PM) *
what doors? after Khan there's no one left at 140. then he can go to 147 and be undersized and with no power. if all he cares about is money his best shot is to either sign with TR and fight Pac or make as much as he can for the Khan fight then keep fighting at 140 while getting the same guaranteed amount he gets for Khan.

True Gravy but I think what Caneman is saying is that if he goes and beats Khan then decides to cash out against Pac at least he should be able to ask for more money. At the very least a fight with Khan wouldn't do any worse for his career. It will be a big PPV fight and another chance for Tim to put his name in bright lights.

The only way it could go wrong is if he loses to Khan, but I am very reliably informed by many of my American brothers on this site that there is no chance of that happening, so where is the danger?

There is no-one left at 140 so beat the last guy and cash out at 147. Seems pretty simple to me.

This situation is starting to remind me of both when Winky with JT and Mosley with Hoya 3 turned down those lucrative rematches because they thought they deserved more. And we know how those careers turned out.
iKeNjiro
Back! Been busy had a project code that needed finishing but I have been eading from my phone (just to busy to post)

Okay lets jump in

I believe Bradley is trying to pull a Floyd Mayweather jr. An market himself
I believe Floyd left Top Rank around the same age. Only difference was Floyd learned the busiess well enough to start his own promotion anddddddd he had a great advicer and Manager Ellerbe an Al Haymon sooooooooooooooooo
I think bradley signs with GB an moves up to welterweight
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Jun 16 2011, 08:41 PM) *
Back! Been busy had a project code that needed finishing but I have been eading from my phone (just to busy to post)

Okay lets jump in

I believe Bradley is trying to pull a Floyd Mayweather jr. An market himself
I believe Floyd left Top Rank around the same age. Only difference was Floyd learned the busiess well enough to start his own promotion anddddddd he had a great advicer and Manager Ellerbe an Al Haymon sooooooooooooooooo
I think bradley signs with GB an moves up to welterweight

Only one problem with this though. Bradley has nowhere the level of charisma that Floyd does. Turning Bradley into the next Mayweather will be like shovelling shit uphill. Hard work and dang near impossible.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 16 2011, 03:23 AM) *
It's pretty simple for me as well. Bradley should have just signed to fight Khan. Instead of bitching and moaning about him not headlining a PPV, or what if he loses, or this fight needs to cook a bit more. Bradley is a good and respected fighter, but he isn't a fighter in demand or a fighter people give a whole lot of shit about. He is trying to sound boss, but the guy just doesn't have any pull.
He should have fought Khan, and built a name for himself by winning big fights. Not try become a name by bitching and moaning. Khan would have been called everything under the sun had he not fought Bradley for the same reason. That's pretty much a guarantee.

he got 1.2 mil guaranteed for his next fight after the Alexander fight and made pretty good money for taking on Alexander. i agree that he isn't a draw but he's getting pretty good deals, i think if anyone gets good deals they're going to take advantage of the situation. since Bradley has done the same shit before, only this time HBO didn't cave in or whatever kept it from happening, i think it's kind of hard to say he's ducking Khan. Bradley talked the same "if the price is right, i'll fight" stuff for Alexander and i didn't see a scared fighter in the ring, the only thing i could see was HBO overpaying for a fight.

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jun 16 2011, 01:09 AM) *
True Gravy but I think what Caneman is saying is that if he goes and beats Khan then decides to cash out against Pac at least he should be able to ask for more money. At the very least a fight with Khan wouldn't do any worse for his career. It will be a big PPV fight and another chance for Tim to put his name in bright lights.

The only way it could go wrong is if he loses to Khan, but I am very reliably informed by many of my American brothers on this site that there is no chance of that happening, so where is the danger?

There is no-one left at 140 so beat the last guy and cash out at 147. Seems pretty simple to me.

This situation is starting to remind me of both when Winky with JT and Mosley with Hoya 3 turned down those lucrative rematches because they thought they deserved more. And we know how those careers turned out.

well Bradley is a guy that has been accommodated. a network hasn't put their foot down with him and said "the only person you bring to the stands is your forehead, we aren't paying you shit", they gave him a better deal than he deserved for Alexander just to get the fight. so if Bradley is getting these good deals and has consistently talked about if the money is right he'll fight i think he's like all the other "champions" keeping themselves out of the ring because of greed and inflated self image.

i don't think passing on Khan will hurt him right now though, i think he signs with someone else then takes the fight a little later on and gets more money and opportunities than if he got him right now. i might not like it but i wouldn't consider it ducking, i'm not delusional enough to think most guys care about their legacy anymore.
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jun 17 2011, 09:56 AM) *
Only one problem with this though. Bradley has nowhere the level of charisma that Floyd does. Turning Bradley into the next Mayweather will be like shovelling shit uphill. Hard work and dang near impossible.

I agree, so thats why I think bradley should take this fight an shut up win an move on
I mean Shaw seems like a good guy soooooo idk but Golden boy will take care him im sure
Snoop
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jun 17 2011, 12:56 AM) *

Bradley has one of the the most uninteresting ring personalities I've seen in a while.
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 17 2011, 04:50 PM) *
Yeah, I don't know about that guy....he seems kind of ghey.

He might be gay.....but I tell you one thing, he can headbutt his ass off....
The CEO
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 14 2011, 11:16 PM) *
You can sugar coat it anyway you like, but Bradley hasn't signed on the dotted line, and has been on record saying "what if he loses". Spin it any way you like, but this vehicle you have running has stalled, and is looking ordinary at the moment. Your boy is not coming out looking great from this, and Amir Khan has shown the more interest in this fight.
Hahaha. Keep plugging away champ.

LOL....wow.

You know I don't get emotionally attached to fighters, yet you make this statement.....I understand though...it must be very difficult liking Khan and knowing I've Doomed him...it makes you desperate.

Look, Fitzy...you and Mexi are on The ULTIMATE Crow List...and there's nothing you can do about it.

taunt.gif
The CEO
laugh.gif....you know it....

Thanks...I needed that.
Hops
The "Bradley is Crap!" Caravan

More appropriate title for this thread. Mods, please retitle.
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (Hops @ Jun 17 2011, 11:01 PM) *
The "Bradley is Crap!" Caravan

More appropriate title for this thread. Mods, please retitle.

or not...the current title suffices enough

although again I say this does not look good for Bradley
but might turn out great for Tim...if he ends up with Golden Boy then I see tons of good fights being made

Maybe Saul Alvarez vs Timothy Bradley whoa would that be awesome
of course Bradley comes up in weight for that fight or they do a catchweight for 144 non title
Cshel86
I laugh soooo hard at Tim Bradley...God bless his soul and save him from his own stupidity. After the Alexander fight, he quoted some of the same stuff that Floyd says. "Devon is a great fighter and he will be champion again one day". Floyd quoted that after the Gatti and Judah fight, smh. Then this idiot is waiting to possibly sign to Top Rank to get a fight with Pacquiao for a big payday, when he was offered $2M (or close to it) to fight Khan. I guess jumping from A-Z is the big thing in boxing now. Look at it this way, if Marquez (who has a HUGE following) is only going to make $5M to fight Pacman for the 3rd time (a war that the world is FAMILIAR with), then how much do you think Bradley (who has no fan base known to man) is going to make? If they struggled to pay him nearly $2M dollar for the Khan fight (which was "begging money"), then what do you think the purse split will be if he fights Pacquiao? They wont give him half of what Marquez is making, because nobody knows who the heck he is. If they happen to pay him that, then how much of it will he actually see? Pac only fights guys with names who can generate a big payday, which requires a big following...something Bradley doesn't have. Dude only made $800K in his last fight, and he doesn't even want to take that $2M for the next fight. How many millions does he want? I can respect the fact that he feels he deserves more money, but he's still a fresh fighter and he is even 30 yet. Slow down dude! It's not your time yet!
Cshel86
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 17 2011, 10:39 AM) *
Breaking shit up into paragraphs makes it much easier to read.

I'm not sure what the fuck Ramming Speed is thinking.

Oh my bad, I will keep that in mind next time. I actually get complaints about talking fast, lol. Hopefully you get my drift though.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Snoop @ Jun 17 2011, 01:16 AM) *
Bradley has one of the the most uninteresting ring personalities I've seen in a while.

he's really damn boring. he wont even talk trash when someone is trying to hype a fight, he'll just say some shit like "you're about to make me mad".
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jun 17 2011, 03:00 PM) *
he's really damn boring. he wont even talk trash when someone is trying to hype a fight, he'll just say some shit like "you're about to make me mad".

That's 1 of the reasons why he isn't as marketable as he thinks he is.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.