Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Miseducation of Floyd Mayweather
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BoxingWizard23
(Admin Notes: We added appropriate spacing and paragraphs to make the story easier to read. Posters should space generally and make new lines within 3-5 sentences of posts. It makes the information clearer to the reader.) Admin believes because the story is well-thought out and articulate enough that this thread can stand on it's own.) Note we have not checked the other responses to the posts. But the OP at least is good.

I'm not Flomo or Pactard but I know good and great boxing skill when I see it. Mayweather has great boxing skills. Now his persona he created since the Corrales fight was used to gain more money. Over 80% of boxers tend to go broke or have money woes after boxing. Floyd saw this coming because before the Corrales fight he was a very generous and nice guy.

He would always show compassion to his opponent no matter if their over matched or not. He wasn't the trash talker and he wasn't the brag type. He was getting payed peanuts by Bob Arum during that time and no one really knew who he was even though he dispatched many good and decent vets and fighters at such a young age yet no one knew who he was. Floyd took the initiative to take on the BAD character persona. Knowing he would be hated but he would be renowned. People will finally pay attention to him and he wouldn't be paid peanuts. You have to understand boxing is a business first most guys who did everything for the fans end up broke and destroyed and those fans turn on them. Put yourself in his position and tell yourself how does it feel?. Mouths to feed, great skill set, no one appreciates you, no one knows you, promoter ripping you off and what would you do??.

Floyd made his own blueprint that till this day many other fighters use or try to use. If people weren't gonna watch this man fight as a good preachy guy and he still get payed peanuts versus watch him only to have his mouth be shut and hope for him to be KO'd but be payed well I think any person probably would make the decision I know they would.

Floyd is a smart business man he played his "Money" character well, so well people actually believe that Money persona is actually who he really is. Because of that persona many of your favorite fighters who fought Floyd got their career best pay day to feed the mouths they need to feed. This man has took on the burden of being backlashed, hated on, spite against, under appreciated, misunderstood and called immature names in order to feed his family and fight in a ring for it. That is no coward. I will never respect when someone can call another man a coward, a coward who fought for 14 years!! A man who knows the side of being that nice guy boxer and knows that you can get ripped off at the end.

Floyd has his own charity work where he provides supplies, food and clothing for the underprivileged and homeless in Vegas and in Rapids plus other places. He has been involved with chipping in a whopping 1 Mill to Breast Cancer research (look it up). The man is also known to occasionally give money to random people if asked.(not all the time) This man also gave money monthly to Genaro Hernandez(R.I.P) the first vet fighter to give Floyd a chance when he was younger. For that Floyd voluntarily gives Hernandez money monthly and since Hernandez passed Floyd stepped up to pay for whole funeral cost. I suspect Floyd to keep giving money to Hernandez's kids/family even after his death because knowing Floyd that man will always be in debt to him. Floyd is a very grateful person. I have some youtube videos to help show and explain the REAL side to Floyd Mayweather Jr. I'm a boxing fan first and Floyd represents that to the highest esteem. Thank you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt9STwAEWYk...75411A5131CA247

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbOY8vA6Sis...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLdFF5YH-do...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OgdznvnDXA...feature=related
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jun 15 2011, 11:25 PM) *
I'm not Flomo or Pactard but I know good and great boxing skill when I see it. Mayweather has great boxing skills. Now his persona he created since the Corrales fight was used to gain more money. Because over 80% of boxers tend to go broke or have money woes after boxing. Floyd saw this coming because before the Corrales fight he was a very generous and nice guy. He would always show compassion to his opponent no matter if their over matched or not. He wasn't the trash talker and he wasn't the brag type. He was getting payed peanuts by Bob Arum during that time and no one really knew who he was even though he dispatched many good and decent vets and fighters at such a young age yet no one knew who he was. Floyd took the initiative to take on the BAD character persona. Knowing he would be hated but he would be renowned. People will finally pay attention to him and he wouldn't be paid peanuts. You have to understand boxing is a business first most guys who did everything for the fans end up broke and destroyed and those fans turn on them. Put yourself in his position and tell yourself how does it feel?. Mouths to feed, great skill set, no one appreciates you, no one knows you, promoter ripping you off and what would you do??. Floyd made his own blueprint that till this day many other fighters use or try to use. If people weren't gonna watch this man fight as a good preachy guy and he still get payed peanuts versus watch him only to have his mouth be shut and hope for him to be KO'd but be payed well I think any person probably would make the decision I know they would. Floyd is a smart business man he played his "Money" character well, so well people actually believe that Money persona is actually who he really is. Because of that persona many of your favorite fighters who fought Floyd got their career best pay day to feed the mouths they need to feed. This man has took on the burden of being backlashed, hated on, spite against, under appreciated, misunderstood and called immature names in order to feed his family and fight in a ring for it. That is no coward. I will never respect when someone can call another man a coward, a coward who fought for 14 years!! A man who knows the side of being that nice guy boxer and knows that you can get ripped off at the end. Floyd has his own charity work where he provides supplies, food and clothing for the underprivileged and homeless in Vegas and in Rapids plus other places. He has been involved with chipping in a whopping 1 Mill to Breast Cancer research (look it up). The man is also known to occasionally give money to random people if asked.(not all the time) This man also gave money monthly to Genaro Hernandez(R.I.P) the first vet fighter to give Floyd a chance when he was younger. For that Floyd voluntarily gives Hernandez money monthly and since Hernandez passed Floyd stepped up to pay for whole funeral cost. I suspect Floyd to keep giving money to Hernandez's kids/family even after his death because knowing Floyd that man will always be in debt to him. Floyd is a very grateful person. I have some youtube videos to help show and explain the REAL side to Floyd Mayweather Jr. I'm a boxing fan first and Floyd represents that to the highest esteem. Thank you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt9STwAEWYk...75411A5131CA247

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbOY8vA6Sis...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLdFF5YH-do...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OgdznvnDXA...feature=related

Thanks Leonard. Now could we get this merged to an appropriate thread?
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jun 15 2011, 11:47 PM) *
Thanks Leonard. Now could we get this merged to an appropriate thread?

LOL!!! Your welcome Bart. Man I need to add you as a friend on here. What you mean by appropriate thread?? I'm still kinda new if you haven't noticed yet.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jun 15 2011, 10:50 PM) *
LOL!!! Your welcome Bart. Man I need to add you as a friend on here. What you mean by appropriate thread?? I'm still kinda new if you haven't noticed yet.

Nothing wrong with your disection of Floyd, although you could try introducing yourself to a paragraph ot two, but rather than start a brand new thread just find one of the numerous Floyd threads already knocking about and add it to that. The thread will also get a bump and if anyone thinks the post has any merit, or even wants to disagree with it they can do so.

You dig me Al? Or is it Roger? Or is it Senior? laugh.gif
bosco
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jun 16 2011, 12:58 AM) *
Nothing wrong with your disection of Floyd, although you could try introducing yourself to a paragraph ot two, but rather than start a brand new thread just find one of the numerous Floyd threads already knocking about and add it to that. The thread will also get a bump and if anyone thinks the post has any merit, or even wants to disagree with it they can do so.

You dig me Al? Or is it Roger? Or is it Senior? laugh.gif

forget what he says...this is a good thread. A lot of people don't know that Floyd does these things. Andre Ward and Chad Dawson needs to follow the same bad guy blue print
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (bosco @ Jun 16 2011, 12:16 AM) *
forget what he says...this is a good thread. A lot of people don't know that Floyd does these things. Andre Ward and Chad Dawson needs to follow the same bad guy blue print

Can you not read? I didn't say there was anything wrong with the post, just why not put it in an appropriate thread? Your a Floyd fan aren't you? I fear logic will be wasted upon you.
riddick
Floyd like all people have two sides - bad and good.Like all, remember that.

Cshel86
This is a blueprint that Tim Bradley along with other fighters need to pick up on. Bradley solely depends on his promoter to make him a star, when he could at least take the initiative to speak on his own behalf...and make it interesting. I believe I wrote this on another thread about Bradley, in regards to how some fighters are gifted and worth watching in the ring, and others are gifted with the ability to talk trash and get people's attention. A boxing contract is like a record deal, your shit wont sell if you are sitting on your ass and not dropping mixtapes, doing interviews, making the news (good or bad), etc. You can be signed to the biggest record label, but still be a nobody if you dont put in work. Some of these fighters need to truly consider making their promotional company look good, rather than the other way around. Im pretty sure this will pay great dividends in the future. Good thread bro.
HazConvictedFelonMane
When it's all said and done, we have had the pleasure of witnessing one of the most skilled fighters to ever lace up a pair of gloves. To me that outweighs everything else. I tend to feel that he bitches too much about not getting the credit he deserves, and he sounds like a cry baby in that respect. I think he tries to be too 'hip-hop' and his true nature shows that he's not really cut from that cloth. Leave the hip-hop persona to guys like 50 Cent and Jay-Z. Floyd's a fighter who's supposed to be classy. Don't undermine the 'classy' version of Floyd Mayweather in order to try to fit in with rappers and hip-hop acts. Outside of anything that I've mentioned, I have no problem with Floyd. I find it very honorable that he paid for G. Hernandez' services (RIP Champ) and that has gained him an uncanny amount of respect from me. Floyd's done well for himself and I do see many fighters (like David Haye and Jean Pascal) trying to pattern themselves behind the blueprint he has laid. I am a fan but I am not someone that will turn a blind eye to the bullshit. I call it right down the middle. Floyd's a great fighter but some of his antics and actions are a bit unsavory to me, and I feel that he is misrepresenting himself. I can't deny him the props that he deserves for being a marketing and in-ring genius. On paper, he will be the most effective fighter ever until someone shoots to shatter his records (which I feel will be done by the future generations of fighters who study the style). The children that are captivated by the sport and the best that has done it thus far, will have their hearts and minds set on following in the footsteps and surpassing him. Floyd Mayweather is a true pioneer in the sport of boxing whether you like it or not.
Snoop
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jun 16 2011, 06:23 AM) *
Can you not read? I didn't say there was anything wrong with the post, just why not put it in an appropriate thread? Your a Floyd fan aren't you? I fear logic will be wasted upon you.

You're getting swarmed over here Ollie.
HazConvictedFelonMane
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Jun 16 2011, 09:18 AM) *
This is a blueprint that Tim Bradley along with other fighters need to pick up on. Bradley solely depends on his promoter to make him a star, when he could at least take the initiative to speak on his own behalf...and make it interesting. I believe I wrote this on another thread about Bradley, in regards to how some fighters are gifted and worth watching in the ring, and others are gifted with the ability to talk trash and get people's attention. A boxing contract is like a record deal, your shit wont sell if you are sitting on your ass and not dropping mixtapes, doing interviews, making the news (good or bad), etc. You can be signed to the biggest record label, but still be a nobody if you dont put in work. Some of these fighters need to truly consider making their promotional company look good, rather than the other way around. Im pretty sure this will pay great dividends in the future. Good thread bro.

That's a very good point. Hammered home by the reference to dropping mixtapes. That's what 50 Cent did to make himself a huge success. That's what they have to do in order to make themselves a success. If I was just a regular guy on here typing away with nothing people can disagree with, then I would just be another member with a number. I've made myself the target of many of negative posts but it's cool because they're talking about me. Whether it's good or bad, it's still being spoken of. People need to make themselves relevant. I'm not saying that I'm more relevant than I actually am on this site, it's just an example.
Walstan86
A guy who farts in a crowded restaurant makes himself relevant too.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (Walstan86 @ Jun 16 2011, 03:31 PM) *
A guy who farts in a crowded restaurant makes himself relevant too.

Lol
iKeNjiro
Great thread Wizard people need to know these things because I think people lack correct info on Floyd that or they choose not to pay attention do to,him beig black I feel either way good thread

I would like this to be combined with I got it
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Snoop @ Jun 16 2011, 12:26 PM) *
You're getting swarmed over here Ollie.

Mate the more I think about it the more it occurs to me that half these new jokers are genuine and half of them are here merely to flame these boards. But y'know, I'll fight the good fight (would be easier though if I could get myself some PED's laugh.gif .)
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jun 17 2011, 10:00 AM) *
Mate the more I think about it the more it occurs to me that half these new jokers are genuine and half of them are here merely to flame these boards. But y'know, I'll fight the good fight (would be easier though if I could get myself some PED's laugh.gif .)

Juice always helps with a bit of peanut butter
Wait that made no sense huh...
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (riddick @ Jun 16 2011, 09:04 AM) *
Floyd like all people have two sides - bad and good.Like all, remember that.

This is all that needs to be said.

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Jun 16 2011, 09:18 AM) *

Great analogy.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.