Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is Floyd in the Top-Ten Best P4P of All-Time?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
riddick
I think YES.If look on boxing skill Floyd very close to ideal boxer.If look on his sport achievements they very high too and i think if Money May will beat Pacquiao he for me will be number 1.Now for me Floyd #2 after Roy Jones.
Spyder
By "alltime", you are refering to entire history of boxing right?
riddick
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jun 16 2011, 09:46 AM) *
By "alltime", you are refering to entire history of boxing right?

Yes
Maxy
QUOTE (riddick @ Jun 16 2011, 08:34 AM) *
I think YES.If look on boxing skill Floyd very close to ideal boxer.If look on his sport achievements they very high too and i think if Money May will beat Pacquiao he for me will be number 1.Now for me Floyd #2 after Roy Jones.

Well, I'll assume you're being serious which can only lead me to thinking your knowledge of the sport stems back....what 10-15 years maximum?
lloyd mayflower
Skills wise, maybe just have an arguement there.

As far as being on the list goes. As far as i'm concerned, NO ONE who has the p4p champ IN THEIR CURRENT DIVISION but instead of fighting and beating him, requests extra tests and puts extra road blocks in the way of the fight, has a place on any ATG list.

Whatever way you care to see it, Floyds fault, Mannys fault or both, we are not currently witnessing the behaviour of an ATG. And if you think we are, well like Maxy said, and i'm paraphrasing here, you dont know SHIT!
leonthegee
Skill wise no question but he doesnt have the resume. Even if he beats Pacquiao. But I would put him in the top 25.
leonthegee
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jun 16 2011, 06:08 AM) *

As far as being on the list goes. As far as i'm concerned, NO ONE who has the p4p champ IN THEIR CURRENT DIVISION but instead of fighting and beating him, requests extra tests and puts extra road blocks in the way of the fight, has a place on any ATG list.

Whatever way you care to see it, Floyds fault, Mannys fault or both, we are not currently witnessing the behaviour of an ATG. And if you think we are, well like Maxy said, and i'm paraphrasing here, you dont know SHIT!

Is boxing a dirty sport yes or no?
riddick
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jun 16 2011, 10:01 AM) *
Well, I'll assume you're being serious which can only lead me to thinking your knowledge of the sport stems back....what 10-15 years maximum?

I probably pay more attention on boxing skills and not necessarily know all history because any sport progress.And sportsmens of new generation definitely better than old.PLUS in aggregate Floyd's sport achievements give him right enter top 10.
riddick
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 16 2011, 09:55 AM) *
Are you asking whether FMJ deserves to be on the list?

If you are, I would vote no.

if Floyd beat Pac what you say?i think "yes" right?
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Jun 16 2011, 03:16 PM) *
Is boxing a dirty sport yes or no?

Whats your point?
Maxy
QUOTE (riddick @ Jun 16 2011, 10:19 AM) *
I probably pay more attention on boxing skills and not necessarily know all history because any sport progress.And sportsmens of new generation definitely better than old.PLUS in aggregate Floyd's sport achievements give him right enter top 10.

In the grand scheme of things Floyd's resume is mediocre. As talented as he is a fighter can only cement a legacy inside the ropes. Inactivity and cherry picking have ultimately ensured Floyd will never be regarded historically as a top 10 P4P fighter and even his biggest fan's couldn't convince the majority otherwise.
mrwigi
I am a mayweather fan, and while he does possess the skills to be one of the greats. But as of right now, i would not put him in my top 10.
Spyder
QUOTE (riddick @ Jun 16 2011, 10:19 AM) *

Are you punking us?

D-MARV
I would put Floyd in the top 50.
riddick
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jun 16 2011, 10:44 AM) *
Are you punking us?

I am recon alien )
mgrover
maybe 10th, but thats borderline
BigG
I got Sugar Ray Robinson at number 1 on my list fought damn near everyone in a super tough era except for Burley.

Ali, Pep, Armostrong, Leonard, Duran, Salvador Sanchez, Roy Jones, Bernard Hopkins, Mayweather, Pacquiao, Arguello, Pryor, Louis, Whitaker, Chavez, Hagler, Archie Moore

He's up there.
xxxxxx
I am a Mayweather supporter, but I would still say he doesn't quite make the top 10 P4P of all-time in the sport of boxing. Now...if he were to go on and beat Ortiz,Sergio Martinez and Pacman convincingly I would say he makes it no questions asked. If Mayweather would retire today I would say he makes a top 25 list P4P all-time in the sport of boxing when talking about his boxing resume.
JONdaCON817
May is good.. but top 10 is pushing it... ide throw him in top 20 maybe 15 alltime P4P..
neophyte7
1 Sugar Ray Robinson
2 Ali
3 Joe Louis
4 Willie Pep
5 Jack Johnson
6 Rock Marciano
7 Archie Moore
8. Bernard Hopkins
9. George Foreman
10 Marvin Hagler

----- Mayweather is not in the top 10... no way .. no how----
blackbelt2003
Seriously? Mayweather in the top ten of all time?

Man, oh man, Floyd would struggle to get in the top ten of the last 25 years.

Roy Jones, Bernard Hopkins, JC Chavez, Evander Holyfield, Pernell Whitaker...ALL of those guys had stronger resumes than Floyd.

And I know the responses: "He's unbeaten!", "5 weight champ!", etc etc, but those items don't really factor as real achievements. Put simply, Floyd's greatest achievements are as follows:

1/ an ATG great super featherweight reign.
A nice title run, with some good opponents in there (Corrales, Chavez, Hernandez) but nothing on Hopkins middleweight run, Jones light heavy run or Chavez' jr welter run.
2/ beat Oscar De La Hoya on a split decision.
Whoopy do. If that's the best name on his record, it pales into significance against Roy beating Hopkins AND Toney. AND Tarver. Or Hops beating Oscar, Tito, Roy, Tarver, Johnson. Fuck, Mayweather's opponent list doesn't come close.
3/ beat Shane Mosley widely on what some would say is his best performance
Wow. Floyd was able to repeat on a 78 year old what Forrest and Wright already did when he was in his prime. TWICE.
4/ looked sensational in smashing Diego Corrales.
This is the ONE fight where Money has truly looked like a top ten ATG against a bonafide opponent. (I might also grant the Mosley fight). Is it REALLY any better than Jones, Hopkins, Chavez, Holyfield or Whitaker's best performances, though? I think not.

And that's it. His light, jr welter, welter and jr middle reigns are too short to be worthy, his list of opponents pales in comparison to the guys mentioned above, his actual boxing skills are admittedly amazing, but certainly no better than Roy in his prime, Pernell as a lightweight, or even Hopkins (albeit in a different way).

Every person thinks the generation of fighters they grew up with are the best. You have to wait until you're a little older than the current crop of fighters to have an objective opinion. And in my objective opinion, Floyd is an ATG, but as ATG's go, this current generation is a notch below the ATG's from some of the golden eras.

Black
neophyte7
Agreed, yet Floyd could compete in any era???
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jun 16 2011, 04:10 PM) *
Agreed, yet Floyd could compete in any era???

Yep. He sure can he has the skill set and the will to win any fight in any era. He's a pure breed boxer with reflexes that are uncanny. He has the highest percentage of accuracy in the whole history of the sport. He can fight in inside pocket and sharp shoot from the outside. He thinks ahead and has very high boxing IQ. He always go for the win no matter what fashion he just knows how to win. Any fighter from any era would have a tough time with Floyd within his weight class. To anyone who thinks Floyd would get destroyed easily is underestimating Floyd and his skills.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jun 16 2011, 09:33 PM) *
Yep. He sure can he has the skill set and the will to win any fight in any era. He's a pure breed boxer with reflexes that are uncanny. He has the highest percentage of accuracy in the whole history of the sport. He can fight in inside pocket and sharp shoot from the outside. He thinks ahead and has very high boxing IQ. He always go for the win no matter what fashion he just knows how to win. Any fighter from any era would have a tough time with Floyd within his weight class. To anyone who thinks Floyd would get destroyed easily is underestimating Floyd and his skills.

He doesnt even have the will to FIGHT any fight

Is that fact?

His skills are never disputed on this site, I just cant get past the fact that he is even being discussed when a p4p champ and future HOF'er is currently active in his division and he hasnt fought him.

As far as ATG's go, its about legacy, and Floyd said himslef, legacy dont pay the bills, so forget him. He's not cut from the same cloth as the guys being mentioned in this thread. It is what it is.
Hittman25
he is top 25 but not in the top ten because of his lack of fighting the pound for pound best of his era.... people like duran ray robinson and i know im leaving some one out but i cant think right now are in the top ten for me because they fought everyone
gravytrain
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jun 16 2011, 02:29 PM) *
1 Sugar Ray Robinson
2 Ali
3 Joe Louis
4 Willie Pep
5 Jack Johnson
6 Rock Marciano
7 Archie Moore
8. Bernard Hopkins
9. George Foreman
10 Marvin Hagler

on pure boxing skills i don't see some of those cats making the top 10 but the top 15-20 can easily get filled up before you really even have to think about getting to Mayweather.

gravytrain
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jun 16 2011, 04:33 PM) *

lol come on, man. he's the highest connect % since compubox has been around. Sugar Ray Robinson would throw more, connect more and all while fighting 8-16 times a year.

Mayweather would get his ass kicked by a prime Robinson at 147. Robinson was Mayweathers size and fought a light heavyweight, full middleweights and tried to fight Floyd Patterson for the heavyweight title.
Romulus9
1 Sugar Ray Robinson
2 Ali
3 Joe Louis
4 Willie Pep
5 Jack Johnson
6 Rock Marciano
7 Archie Moore
8. Bernard Hopkins
9. George Foreman
10 Marvin Hagler

LOL. Henry Armstrong? Duran? Ray Leonard? Benny Leonard? Harry Greb?

I agree that Mayweather isn't in the top 10 but Marciano, Johnson, and Foreman (one of my all-time FAVORITES) are nowhere NEAR the top 10 fighters pound-for-pound. Armstrong should EASILY be top 4.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (riddick @ Jun 16 2011, 09:34 AM) *

Riddick you currently have a FH ranking of 'amateur.' Too many more posts like this one I suggest you may be permanently kept there laugh.gif Seriously buddy maybe hit YouTube or the internet for a bit and you'll find there were some halfway decent fighters that existed before 1990.
caneman
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jun 16 2011, 07:31 PM) *
lol come on, man. he's the highest connect % since compubox has been around. Sugar Ray Robinson would throw more, connect more and all while fighting 8-16 times a year.

Mayweather would get his ass kicked by a prime Robinson at 147. Robinson was Mayweathers size and fought a light heavyweight, full middleweights and tried to fight Floyd Patterson for the heavyweight title.

BINGO^^^^^^

Many here made great points why he is not even break top 35 ATG!Does he have the skills to be, yes but he will never fight all the best he can to even see how good he is. As fighting in any era, Floyd would not have fared very well vs many, Greb,SRR, Peep, Sadler, even guys like Duran, Hearns, SRL and I'll tell Wilfred Beneitez would have given Floyd hell cause of their mindset! I think he is top 50 maybe even if his skills set may be better than some above him! HE ISN'T EVER 10 TOP OF THE LAST 30+ YEARS I BEEN WATCHING BOXING!
anthonyaccurate
Some people have an extremely low threshold for greatness.
Romulus9
QUOTE (anthonyaccurate @ Jun 16 2011, 08:56 PM) *
Some people have an extremely low threshold for greatness.

Some of those same people would also fill out a top 10 in the following manner:

1. Floyd Mayweather Jr.
2. Muhammad Ali
3. Mike Tyson
4. Roger Mayweather
5. Floyd Mayweather Sr.
6. Jeff Mayweather
7. Joe Louis
8. Joe Calzaghe
9. Sven Ottke
10. Bernard Hopkins
bosco
To hell what a lot of you think...at the end of the day who would you rather be..Really at the end of your career who would you rather be..Tommy Hearns? Plenty of accomplishments but slurred speech and broke..Evander Holyfield? 50 years old still fighting, speech starting to slur with money problems. Roy Jones? Going to russia getting humiliated because of money problems..getting viciously knocked out all the time. Ali.. The greatest Can't talk..shaking..battling parkinsons..Joe Louis? Died broke still owing the IRS..De la hoya..money but coke addict..Sugar Ray leonard? was a coke addict..James Toney? Old as hell still begging for fights trying to make money..and the list goes on and on..Or would you rather be Floyd Mayweather Jr. Still with all his wits..virtually no damage in his career..Undefeated..Take 2years off get bored fight 1 time put 40 more million in his pocket..go on vacation again..while he's on another 2 year vacation everybody is still talking about him ...up he gets bored again have a fight make another 40 million. Once he retires for good...rich as hell..no damage..still smiling...really who would all you haters rather be...all these guys you say is better than Floyd or the Money Man himself?
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jun 16 2011, 10:08 AM) *

Floyd likes to call himself TBE, anyway. LOL!

QUOTE (mrwigi @ Jun 16 2011, 10:32 AM) *
I am a mayweather fan, and while he does possess the skills to be one of the greats. But as of right now, i would not put him in my top 10.

BINGO!

QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Jun 16 2011, 09:00 PM) *
Some of those same people would also fill out a top 10 in the following manner:

1. Floyd Mayweather Jr.
2. Muhammad Ali
3. Mike Tyson
4. Roger Mayweather
5. Floyd Mayweather Sr.
6. Jeff Mayweather
7. Joe Louis
8. Joe Calzaghe
9. Sven Ottke
10. Bernard Hopkins

Ahahahahahaha!

QUOTE (bosco @ Jun 16 2011, 09:22 PM) *
To hell what a lot of you think...at the end of the day who would you rather be..Really at the end of your career who would you rather be..Tommy Hearns? Plenty of accomplishments but slurred speech and broke..Evander Holyfield? 50 years old still fighting, speech starting to slur with money problems. Roy Jones? Going to russia getting humiliated because of money problems..getting viciously knocked out all the time. Ali.. The greatest Can't talk..shaking..battling parkinsons..Joe Louis? Died broke still owing the IRS..De la hoya..money but coke addict..Sugar Ray leonard? was a coke addict..James Toney? Old as hell still begging for fights trying to make money..and the list goes on and on..Or would you rather be Floyd Mayweather Jr. Still with all his wits..virtually no damage in his career..Undefeated..Take 2years off get bored fight 1 time put 40 more million in his pocket..go on vacation again..while he's on another 2 year vacation everybody is still talking about him ...up he gets bored again have a fight make another 40 million. Once he retires for good...rich as hell..no damage..still smiling...really who would all you haters rather be...all these guys you say is better than Floyd or the Money Man himself?

This thread isn't about who we'd rather be, it's about whether we think Floyd deserves a spot on the Top 10 of ATG P4P list or not.
gravytrain
QUOTE (bosco @ Jun 16 2011, 09:22 PM) *
To hell what a lot of you think...at the end of the day who would you rather be..Really at the end of your career who would you rather be..Tommy Hearns? Plenty of accomplishments but slurred speech and broke..Evander Holyfield? 50 years old still fighting, speech starting to slur with money problems. Roy Jones? Going to russia getting humiliated because of money problems..getting viciously knocked out all the time. Ali.. The greatest Can't talk..shaking..battling parkinsons..Joe Louis? Died broke still owing the IRS..De la hoya..money but coke addict..Sugar Ray leonard? was a coke addict..James Toney? Old as hell still begging for fights trying to make money..and the list goes on and on..Or would you rather be Floyd Mayweather Jr. Still with all his wits..virtually no damage in his career..Undefeated..Take 2years off get bored fight 1 time put 40 more million in his pocket..go on vaction again..while he's on another 2 year vacation everybody is still talking about him up he gets bored again have a fight make another 40 million. Once he retires for good...rich as hell..no damage..still smiling...really who would all you haters rather be...all these guys you say is better than Floyd or the Money Man himself?

respect is something you earn and nobody has their boxing career judged on how much they made. it's wins, losses and quality of opposition. Mayweather has some of you cats whipped like he's Eddie Long.

caneman
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jun 16 2011, 08:41 PM) *
respect is something you earn and nobody has their boxing career judged on how much they made. it's wins, losses and quality of opposition. Mayweather has some of you cats whipped like he's Eddie Long.

Some are more like not only will they take his whole cock in their mouths but would lick his balls @ the same time...there are some around here that are as bad as pactards!
bosco
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jun 16 2011, 09:41 PM) *

Naw homie..guys like me and you sit in front of a computer debating how good he is or whats his ATG status and do he deserve the respect these other fighters get...bottom line is I don't think he would want to change his career with anybody else. We can debate all day but at the end of the day he came out with his health and a lot of money..He came out better than everyone else. I'm sure it's a big ego boost to hear people say you're a ATG but to be a 5 weight division champ...Held down #1 p4p for years..undefeated...and while you're off for 2 years you are the most talked about fighter along with 1 other guy. Then after sitting on your ass for a year and a half you step in the ring and make more in 1 fight than a lot of the other top names made put together in their whole career...Who else has done that? Whether we feel he's an ATG or not we still talk about him so he must be something.
gravytrain
QUOTE (bosco @ Jun 16 2011, 10:04 PM) *
Naw homie..guys like me and you sit in front of a computer debating how good he is or whats his ATG status and do he deserve the respect these other fighters get...bottom line is I don't think he would want to change his career with anybody else. We can debate all day but at the end of the day he came out with his health and a lot of money..He came out better than everyone else. I'm sure it's a big ego boost to hear people say you're a ATG but to be a 5 weight division champ...Held down #1 p4p for years..undefeated...and while you're off for 2 years you are the most talked about fighter along with 1 other guy. Then after sitting on your ass for a year and a half you step in the ring and make more than a lot of the other top names put together made in their whole career...Who else has done that? Whether we feel he's an ATG or not we still talk about him so he must be something.

Joe Louis was making more for a fight than the entire NY Yankees payroll back when baseball was dominating sports in America. they stopped baseball games to broadcast his fights. 60% of America listened to him whoop Schmeling's ass in the rematch. when has Mayweather ever done anything like that? Louis was fighting better fighters as a broke old man than Mayweather fights in his prime.

he's an active fighter and this is a boxing forum. what else are we supposed to talk about? this aint the classic forum. i don't see anyone outside of the t-shirt crew starting a bunch of threads about Mayweather.
bosco
QUOTE (caneman @ Jun 16 2011, 09:49 PM) *
Some are more like not only will they take his whole cock in their mouths but would lick his balls @ the same time...there are some around here that are as bad as pactards!

Then there are some that are just plain haters. I'm a Michigan man like Floyd so I am a Fan...Just like I'm a fan of James Toney and Tommy Hearns. I been a fan. Not like a lot of these Pacman fans that didn't know who he was a few years ago. I'm a Pacman fan and I followed him before he blew up. But when it comes between Floyd and Pac I gotta go with Floyd. I followed his whole career starting from the AMS to the Olympics to now. Just like I'm fans of a lot of other fighters. Theres a welterweight from Britain I'm following now name Kell Brook...he's the truth. Check him out on June 25th I think on HBO. I think he whoops Tim Bradley, Vic Ortiz and Amir Khan...we'll eventually see
bosco
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jun 16 2011, 10:12 PM) *
Joe Louis was making more for a fight than the entire NY Yankees payroll back when baseball was dominating sports in America. they stopped baseball games to broadcast his fights. 60% of America listened to him whoop Schmeling's ass in the rematch. when has Mayweather ever done anything like that? Louis was fighting better fighters as a broke old man than Mayweather fights in his prime.

he's an active fighter and this is a boxing forum. what else are we supposed to talk about? this aint the classic forum. i don't see anyone outside of the t-shirt crew starting a bunch of threads about Mayweather.

Joe Louis was a beast but he got ko'd by Max schmeling in his prime. That's nothing...baseball wasn't that big back then.
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (bosco @ Jun 17 2011, 11:21 AM) *
Then there are some that are just plain haters. I'm a Michigan man like Floyd so I am a Fan...Just like I'm a fan of James Toney and Tommy Hearns. I been a fan. Not like a lot of these Pacman fans that didn't know who he was a few years ago. I'm a Pacman fan and I followed him before he blew up. But when it comes between Floyd and Pac I gotta go with Floyd. I followed his whole career starting from the AMS to the Olympics to now. Just like I'm fans of a lot of other fighters. Theres a welterweight from Britain I'm following now name Kell Brook...he's the truth. Check him out on June 25th I think on HBO. I think he whoops Tim Bradley, Vic Ortiz and Amir Khan...we'll eventually see

Hey Bosco man you don't have to explain yourself man
We all know Floyd is great, many won't admit it now for there reasons
An like I said plenty of times when History looks back Floyd will get his credit
He is a ATG and maybe, I think the best skill wise to ever do it period
Spyder
1 Sugar Ray Robinson
2 Ali
3 Joe Louis
4 Willie Pep
5 Jack Johnson
6 Rock Marciano
7 Archie Moore
8. Bernard Hopkins
9. George Foreman
10 Marvin Hagler

That looks more like a Top Ten Favorite Fighters list more than P4P.

QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Jun 16 2011, 08:46 PM) *
LOL. Henry Armstrong? Duran? Ray Leonard? Benny Leonard? Harry Greb?

I agree that Mayweather isn't in the top 10 but Marciano, Johnson, and Foreman (one of my all-time FAVORITES) are nowhere NEAR the top 10 fighters pound-for-pound. Armstrong should EASILY be top 4.

Any list that does not include Henry Armstrong on it should not be taken seriously.
bosco
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Jun 16 2011, 10:37 PM) *
Hey Bosco man you don't have to explain yourself man
We all know Floyd is great, many won't admit it now for there reasons
An like I said plenty of times when History looks back Floyd will get his credit
He is a ATG and maybe, I think the best skill wise to ever do it period

I know..that's how it always go...Like Michael Jackson...People dogged him out when he was alive but after he died you look back and say damn..the music, performances and excitement he brought may never be duplicated again.
bosco
1 Sugar Ray Robinson
2 Ali
3 Joe Louis
4 Willie Pep
5 Jack Johnson
6 Rock Marciano
7 Archie Moore
8. Bernard Hopkins
9. George Foreman
10 Marvin Hagler

Rocky Marciano?...He's not even a top 10 heavyweight of all time...He's an old time version of Joe Calzache..lol
anthonyaccurate
Mods,

Can we merge these threads? They're just variations on the same theme, Floyd dickriding, Pac teabagging, or a mixture of both. The threads almost always devolve into the same things without fail.
Romulus9
QUOTE (bosco @ Jun 16 2011, 11:01 PM) *
Rocky Marciano?...He's not even a top 10 heavyweight of all time...He's an old time version of Joe Calzache..lol

Aside from retiring undefeated, how the hell is Marciano like Calzaghe!?

You can make an excellent argument that he's a top 10 heavyweight. There's not even a question about that.
bosco
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Jun 16 2011, 11:16 PM) *
Aside from retiring undefeated, how the hell is Marciano like Calzaghe!?

You can make an excellent argument that he's a top 10 heavyweight. There's not even a question about that.

How can you be a top 10 heavyweight with only 6 title defenses? and three of them was old azz jersey joe walcott who dropped him, old azz ezzard charles and old azz light heavyweight archie moore who moved up to fight him and dropped him...to be an all time great heavyweight you have to be a great champion and with 6 title defenses against old competition he wasn't that.
bosco
The reason I compared him to Joe Calzaghe is because Calzaghe didn't really fight tough opponents and wouldn't fight roy in his prime but then put some good names on his resume when they were on the down slide and then retired
Romulus9
QUOTE (bosco @ Jun 16 2011, 11:35 PM) *
How can you be a top 10 heavyweight with only 6 title defenses? and three of them was old azz jersey joe walcott who dropped him, old azz ezzard charles and old azz light heavyweight archie moore who moved up to fight him and dropped him...to be an all time great heavyweight you have to be a great champion and with 6 title defenses against old competition he wasn't that.

How could anyone dare argue with such a perfectly crafted statement that features "azz" 3 times.

Do you even have a grasp of who Ezzard Charles and Archie Moore actually were? Or Walcott for that matter? Just looking shit up on BoxRec doesn't tell much of the story.

I think Michael Moorer sucks because he lost to an old azz George Foreman. See how useless that is?

Who meets your criteria to be a top 10 heavyweight? Who's on the list?
bosco
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Jun 16 2011, 11:44 PM) *
How could anyone dare argue with such a perfectly crafted statement that features "azz" 3 times.

Do you even have a grasp of who Ezzard Charles and Archie Moore actually were? Or Walcott for that matter? Just looking shit up on BoxRec doesn't tell much of the story.

I think Michael Moorer sucks because he lost to an old azz George Foreman. See how useless that is?

Who meets your criteria to be a top 10 heavyweight? Who's on the list?

jersey joe walcott was 2-2 in his fights before he fought rocky and he was 42 years old..ezzard charles was 2-2 in his fights before rocky and was like 10-14 after rocky and archie more was a 39 year old light heavyweight moving up. That's not an impressive list at that point in their career. off the top of my head and in no specific order the top 10 heavyweights are
Ali
Larry Holmes
Jack Dempsy
Joe Louis
George Foreman
Evander Holyfield
Joe Frazier
Gene Tunney
Lennox Lewis
Sonny Liston/Mike Tyson
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.