Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Floyd refuses to show up for deposition as ordered by judge
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
FightHypeRules
according to various reports, a judge refused Mayweather's request to postpone the deposition in the defamation lawsuit that Manny filed, until after the Victor Ortiz fight. Now comes word that Floyd's lawyers have stated that he will not show up tomorrow as ordered by the Judge.

Can anything really happen over this? I would have to imagine this would count as "contempt of court" at the very least.

I was surprised that the judge denied his request, seeing as how it seems everytime they've asked for a delay for whatever reason, it's been granted.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blo...quiao-case.html

They may not be heading to a boxing ring together, but the legal fight between Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr. intensified Thursday.

An attorney for Mayweather informed Pacquiao's attorney that Mayweather does not plan to show up as requested for a deposition at a Las Vegas law office.

Pacquiao is suing Mayweather and his father for defamation over defamatory statements claiming that the Filipino star has used performance-enhancing drugs to become the world's top pound-for-pound fighter.

"We're anxious to get to trial and, as a result of this, we'll be seeking a default judgment to win the case by default in the upcoming weeks," Pacquiao attorney Daniel Petrocelli said. "This is just ducking a deposition."

Attempts to reach Mayweather and his attorneys Thursday were unsuccessful.

Petrocelli said a Nevada judge denied Mayweather's emergency appeal to avoid the deposition, in which Petrocelli will have the chance to ask Mayweather to explain what the attorney said has been "a steady stream of false and defamatory statements" alluding to Pacquiao as a user of performance-enhancing drugs.

Later Thursday, Petrocelli said he received a letter from Mayweather attorney Mark Tratos saying the boxer would not appear at the deposition Friday because he planned to appeal the order for him to be there.

"Even if you appeal, it doesn't mean you don't show," Petrocelli said. "This kind of appeal would never be granted; this is about gathering routine discovery."

Mayweather is expected in Los Angeles on Monday to begin a national press tour ahead of his Sept. 17 welterweight title fight against world champion Victor Ortiz of Ventura.
FightHypeRules
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 16 2011, 10:05 PM) *
Is this guy thehype, or a mod/admin/writer of the site?

No, just a poster.

And I didn't intend this as an attack thread or yet another Floyd/Manny related thread. However it IS a story, I think. It's not everyday a boxer is ordered to show up by a judge and he says no, because he's going to appeal.

BoxingFan86
I guess we'll just have to wait and see how this turns out.
iKeNjiro
Read this yesterday on yahoo sports
Good post
ummmm no it doesn't affect his fight, i do believe he'll have a fee to pay in any case
If I were Floyd ill show up wearing a TAKE THE TEST IN PASCAL'S VOICE shirt
this is a BS attempt by Manny to restore his image, lame attempt if you ask me
FightHypeRules
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Jun 16 2011, 10:40 PM) *
Read this yesterday on yahoo sports
Good post
ummmm no it doesn't affect his fight, i do believe he'll have a fee to pay in any case
If I were Floyd ill show up wearing a TAKE THE TEST IN PASCAL'S VOICE shirt
this is a BS attempt by Manny to restore his image, lame attempt if you ask me

Ken,

Couple things.

1. I didn't mean would it affect his fight. It's not going to affect THAT. I meant, what would it mean as far as the Judge possibly holding him in contempt or maybe even worse, for basically disregarding a Judge's order to show up.

2. As for the lawsuit being a "BS attempt by Manny to restore his image" I think that's part of it, but I honestly think it was the right move.

I've made the analogy before, but when Jose Canseco came out and accused all these ball players of using steroids, the general consensus was "Well, if player X doesn't file a lawsuit, then we'll know he's guilty." The logic being, that if he was clean, he'd fight to restore his name. If not, then people would assume that player x was afraid that Canseco had some proof of it, and as a result the player X was guilty.

Lance Armstrong filed lawsuits against any and everyone who's accused him. I don't know if he's clean or not, but if you think someone's got evidence against you, filing a lawsuit in which that evidence would become court record is not the smartest thing to do.

Manny, in my opinion, HAD to file suit. If he did not file suit, and he simply said "no, I'm not doing what he says, but I'm clean, you just have to trust me" I don't think that would be enough. He HAS to file suit. For ME anyway, that lends at least a bit of credence to him, due to the fact that just like the Baseball situation, if he doesn't file suit then I'm almost always thinking dude's guilty. Otherwise he'd defend his character.

And as I've said before, I don't think he should have to take any test that Floyd or any boxer demands. If NSAC demands it, that's different. It goes to intent, for me anyway. Floyd's intent is not to clean up the sport, it's to target a specific person's integrity and career. Therefore, anytime Floyd says "I just want to have a clean sport, etc etc," I call bullshit. Because otherwise he would petition NSAC to make it mandatory for everyone. NSAC said they'd take that request under review, and yet he never petitioned them.

For me that says it's never been about the sport. And that's why I don't think Manny should do anything Floyd asks when it comes to this. In my opinion it's not the same as the weight limit stipulation (no matter how ridiculous that was) or the glove size, ring size, etc.

Only one of those is born out of malicious intent, rather than simple negotiations.
bosco
If Manny wants to make the fight he has to agree to the testing. I think if Manny at least agrees to a cut off date up to 5 days before the fight it could be made. I'm really eager to see if Ortiz comes in as strong and cut up as he did against Berto...that could be a huge red flag as far as cheating in the sport period if he doesn't.

Hey Ken... How soon before that video you said you were putting together is done?
Hops
Floyd's weird. Everybody else is fighting without additional drug testing. Even Erik Morales is fighting. Maybe they're dumb. Or maybe Floyd's a pussy for demanding an even playing field which doesn't even exist.
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (bosco @ Jun 17 2011, 09:46 PM) *
If Manny wants to make the fight he has to agree to the testing. I think if Manny at least agrees to a cut off date up to 5 days before the fight it could be made. I'm really eager to see if Ortiz comes in as strong and cut up as he did against Berto...that could be a huge red flag as far as cheating in the sport period if he doesn't.

Hey Ken... How soon before that video you said you were putting together is done?

been busy with gay life....lol hold on let me break that down (job hours and.....deadlines)
ummmm as for the video, this one I want it to be perfect I mean last video was great and people called it my opinion even though nothing but facts were posted
this vid. I am going to take a different approach to...in the meanwhile check this vid out.
Maestroboxing did this one and I mean it shuts the LAME hardcore pac fans up every time they say pac agreed all the way to the fight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQlayWS7TNE

heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy wait don't flame me he asked me a question and I simply answered it

now @ Smartybeardo
that was funny lol......
Col Reb
I agree with Manny suing 100%. Well said. He needs to defend his character if he's innocent. I also agree that Floyd should petition NSAC if he really wants to clean up the sport.
Maxy
Perhaps this should go in the General discussion section? It's not really boxing is it?
Walstan86
To the question, the ultimate penalty for failing to cooperate in civil discovery proceedings is a default judgment against you. That means Pacquiao would win his claim against FMJ without even going to trial.
FightHypeRules
QUOTE (Walstan86 @ Jun 17 2011, 10:33 AM) *
To the question, the ultimate penalty for failing to cooperate in civil discovery proceedings is a default judgment against you. That means Pacquiao would win his claim against FMJ without even going to trial.

Well he didn't show up, and Petrocelli said that he's going to seek a default judgement. I don't think that'll happen, but stranger things have happened. Either way it'll get appealed.

This is an interesting turn of events, for sure.
Walstan86
QUOTE (FightHypeRules @ Jun 17 2011, 03:07 PM) *
Well he didn't show up, and Petrocelli said that he's going to seek a default judgement. I don't think that'll happen, but stranger things have happened. Either way it'll get appealed.

This is an interesting turn of events, for sure.

It'll take Floyd refusing to show up a few more times before it gets to the default stage. First there are monetary sanctions/attorneys fees he'll have to pay.

SmartyBeardo
Is FMJ going to wear his Tony the Tiger outfit for the Ortiz fight?
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Jun 17 2011, 10:23 AM) *
been busy with gay life....lol hold on let me break that down (job hours and.....deadlines)
ummmm as for the video, this one I want it to be perfect I mean last video was great and people called it my opinion even though nothing but facts were posted
this vid. I am going to take a different approach to...in the meanwhile check this vid out.
Maestroboxing did this one and I mean it shuts the LAME hardcore pac fans up every time they say pac agreed all the way to the fight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQlayWS7TNE

heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy wait don't flame me he asked me a question and I simply answered it

now @ Smartybeardo
that was funny lol......

Man, just make sure you take an unbiased approach. I think you should have valid points to support your argument about each fighter.

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 17 2011, 04:30 PM) *
Is FMJ going to wear his Tony the Tiger outfit for the Ortiz fight?

The one he was 'spose to wear for the fight against Manny? We'll have to wait and see. It'd be funny if he did, though.
caneman
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Jun 17 2011, 03:51 PM) *
Man, just make sure you take an unbiased approach. I think you should have valid points to support your argument about each fighter.

Ken could not do that, he might NOT even be able to if you helped him!!! LOL! All good though he brings more Floyd flavor...ain't hating @ all, just saying!
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Jun 17 2011, 01:51 PM) *

The one he was 'spose to wear for the fight against Manny? We'll have to wait and see. It'd be funny if he did, though.

If he does I think Manny should sue him for false advertising.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (caneman @ Jun 17 2011, 05:48 PM) *
Ken could not do that, he might NOT even be able to if you helped him!!! LOL! All good though he brings more Floyd flavor...ain't hating @ all, just saying!

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 17 2011, 06:08 PM) *
If he does I think Manny should sue him for false advertising.

laugh.gif @ both of these quotes. Good shit, fellas thumbsup_anim.gif.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Jun 17 2011, 03:13 PM) *

Will FMJ show up to the deposition in the Tony the Tiger outfit just to stick it to Pac?
FightHypeRules
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 17 2011, 03:21 PM) *
Will FMJ show up to the deposition in the Tony the Tiger outfit just to stick it to Pac?

Better question, will he have the balls to show up for the deposition wearing a "Take the Test!" shirt? lmao
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (FightHypeRules @ Jun 17 2011, 06:33 PM) *
Better question, will he have the balls to show up for the deposition wearing a "Take the Test!" shirt? lmao

He has Pac Man on there eatin' power pellets. LOL!
caneman
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Jun 17 2011, 05:40 PM) *
He has Pac Man on there eatin' power pellets. LOL!

That is even on video...Floyd saying that! Roger, Sr and Jeff would say anything to discredit anyone that isn't named Mayweather and even do it to their EX fighters 1/2 the time!
FightHypeRules
QUOTE (caneman @ Jun 17 2011, 04:09 PM) *
That is even on video...Floyd saying that! Roger, Sr and Jeff would say anything to discredit anyone that isn't named Mayweather and even do it to their EX fighters 1/2 the time!

I'm interested in this just to see what he says in response to "What evidence do you have to justify your comments?"

I think the typical responses that many people give are based on circumstantial and guess work and opinions. Those stances do not fly in a legal setting, so I'm kind of interested to see how he reacts to that when he's under oath.

The fact that he seems to be doing all he can to delay that could lead one to wonder whether or not he realizes that he has no factual basis to back up his accusations.

There's plenty of "oh come on, nobody could do this like this without that" but that's not a legal argument and not a basis for factually stating someone is on something, which him his father and Roger have done throughout in addition to the qualifying "my opinion is..." type comments.
caneman
I can't see a lawyer saying don't show up and who is involved, ie jeff, sr and roger but between them and Floyd, they are ALL OVER THE NET ON VIDEO straight up saying it flat out! Sr and this whole thing start here but Floyd did say a bit of it in the RA da Rugged Man roasting but this will be interesting and IMO they might be fucked and deserving so. And I stick by this still and forever, if a fighter fights @ 129 and the next day is from 136-139. How is it so impossible to be were he is now maxing out @ about 145?
SmartyBeardo
Just because he has turned a little green . . . don't be jumpin to conclusions.
gravytrain
QUOTE (caneman @ Jun 17 2011, 08:39 PM) *
I can't see a lawyer saying don't show up and who is involved, ie jeff, sr and roger but between them and Floyd, they are ALL OVER THE NET ON VIDEO straight up saying it flat out! Sr and this whole thing start here but Floyd did say a bit of it in the RA da Rugged Man roasting but this will be interesting and IMO they might be fucked and deserving so. And I stick by this still and forever, if a fighter fights @ 129 and the next day is from 136-139. How is it so impossible to be were he is now maxing out @ about 145?

honestly, Cane. this shit probably isn't even about drug testing. either time one of these guys fight's there's so much drama because of the Pac vs Mayweather bullshit and the fight has just gotten bigger and bigger over time. this has probably always been about money plain and simple.

i bet if Mayweather got offered 100 million guaranteed he'd be talking about "i want to give the fans the fight they deserve, i'll give a cutoff" just like Arum would let Pac sign the contract with full testing included if that much money was on the table.
FightHypeRules
found this on a website that had a "legal analyst" posting. The general tone of the piece was pro-Manny, but this bit was interesting as it basically breaks down the potential legal ramifications for him not showing up.

The objective of a deposition is to obtain background information and evidence on the case and lock in stories from witnesses and parties. Those being deposed do so under oath and any inconsistency from deposition to trial is considered perjury.

The punishment for missing a court ordered appearance varies given the jurisdiction and the issue. Federal Rules of Civil Procedure 37( D ) regarding discovery sanctions states, “The court in which the action is pending on motion may make such orders in regard to the failure as are just and among others it may take any action authorized under subparagraphs (A), (cool.gif, and © of subdivision ( B )(2) of this rule.”

(A) An order that the matters regarding which the order was made or any other designated facts shall be taken to be established for the purposes of the action in accordance with the claim of the party obtaining the order;

This means that all of Pacquiao’s statement may be admitted as evidence without contest.

( B ) An order refusing to allow the disobedient party to support or oppose designated claims or defenses, or prohibiting that party from introducing designated matters in evidence;

Meaning that Mayweather may lose the ability to contest any of Pacquiao’s claims or introduce any other evidence to disprove Pacquiao’s assertions.

( C ) An order striking out pleadings or parts thereof, or staying further proceedings until the order is obeyed, or dismissing the action or proceeding or any part thereof, or rendering a judgment by default against the disobedient party;

Any other motions submitted by Mayweather regarding the matter may be ignored until he is deposed. The court could also issue a default judgment for Pacquiao, which is a motion that Pacquiao’s counsel intends to submit.

Any or all of these ramifications may be imposed on Mayweather for his absence including being held in contempt of court and having to pay sanctions.
SmartyBeardo
FMJ could be getting gobbled up.
FightHypeRules
can someone explain to me HOW spending a day giving a deposition in ANYWAY impacts his training for a fight three months from now?

I understand wanting to focus and whatnot, but how is he honestly trying to convince anyone that he needs to postpone this until after the Ortiz fight so he can be properly focused?

Unless he's training and whatnot LITERALLY 24/7 until then, I think he can knock out a little time on a Friday.

It seems that he is constantly delaying shit when it comes to his legal issues. I'm not well versed in the legal maneuvering and whatnot, so perhaps that's perfectly normal, but I swear everytime I hear about him and a court case it's always a judge granting a delay or a continuance for Floyd, pushing his court dates further and further into the future.

Just makes no sense.
iKeNjiro

aw this was cute....I had to wait to I got home to reply to this one so it's a special reply

I am unbiased
but
That video was posted for Bosco, It was a video with only words from Pacquiao's camp showing he clearly isn't willing to Random test up in till the fight nor did he agree to it
when incorrect information comes out the works or people calming pacman agreed to random all the way to the fight then as a fan of boxing i'll have to shoot it down immediately
why? because it's not true...example Bradley, Alexander, & Berto being a tad bit over hyped...that's true, pacman agreeing to test all the way up to the fight...not true

people clearly don't remember but I was one of the few and actually 1st post to agree with Manny taking the JMM
here's what I said

Jun 8 2011, 09:29 PM
Post #23

Junior Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,431

I am a Fan of Floyd

and I like this fight for Pacman
Honestly I wanted to see this fight a few years ago...but glad it's happening
Let's see how JMM does at a higher weight should be a good fight honestly

edit:
and honestly I don't think it's right for Mayweather fans to trash Pacman for taking this fight and not Martinez or others
why I say this? because it was tons of people saying why won't Pacman take JMM, this fight is a grudge match and I agree with him taking this next instead of someone else.

I do feel bad though because idk how JMM will do at a higher weight...but he seems to have pacmans card so who knows
pacman still wins though...still should be a great fight

This post has been edited by iKeNjiro: Jun 8 2011, 09:35 PM[/quote]

So nah I am not bias I just don't like the BS
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Jun 18 2011, 07:13 AM) *

aw this was cute....I had to wait to I got home to reply to this one so it's a special reply

I am unbiased
but
That video was posted for Bosco, It was a video with only words from Pacquiao's camp showing he clearly isn't willing to Random test up in till the fight nor did he agree to it
when incorrect information comes out the works or people calming pacman agreed to random all the way to the fight then as a fan of boxing i'll have to shoot it down immediately
why? because it's not true...example Bradley, Alexander, & Berto being a tad bit over hyped...that's true, pacman agreeing to test all the way up to the fight...not true

people clearly don't remember but I was one of the few and actually 1st post to agree with Manny taking the JMM
here's what I said

QUOTE (iKenjiro @ Jun 18 2011, 09:53AM) *
Jun 8 2011, 09:29 PM
Post #23

Junior Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,431

I am a Fan of Floyd

and I like this fight for Pacman
Honestly I wanted to see this fight a few years ago...but glad it's happening
Let's see how JMM does at a higher weight should be a good fight honestly

edit:
and honestly I don't think it's right for Mayweather fans to trash Pacman for taking this fight and not Martinez or others
why I say this? because it was tons of people saying why won't Pacman take JMM, this fight is a grudge match and I agree with him taking this next instead of someone else.

I do feel bad though because idk how JMM will do at a higher weight...but he seems to have pacmans card so who knows
pacman still wins though...still should be a great fight

This post has been edited by iKeNjiro: Jun 8 2011, 09:35 PM

SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Jun 18 2011, 05:55 AM) *

I am unbiased
but

here's what I said

I don't have a bias bone in my genetic make up, but when I do feel an opinion coming on, I have it on FightHype, because when it comes right down to the plaster in the gloves, this is all BS.
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 18 2011, 10:49 PM) *
I don't have a bias bone in my genetic make up, but when I do feel an opinion coming on, I have it on FightHype, because when it comes right down to the plaster in the gloves, this is all BS.

gosh I freaking double posted, how do i remove the one that you replied to?
HazConvictedFelonMane
This is for Ben Thompson! Ben, contact Mr. Mayweather and let him know that Manny's interview with 60 Minutes will help his case. They're saying that the accusations have no base. I tend to disagree with that statement. In said interview, Manny not only admitted to cheating, but when the reporters asked him if it worked, he laughed in a strange and evil manner. Take that video to the courtroom and explain why he made those statements. If a guy is willing to load his pockets to make weight (and admit on film), he's more than willing to believe that he will use synthetic growth hormones in order to gain weight and be effective. It seems that everyone wants Floyd to pay, or thinks he's wrong. Most people think Manny's so innocent. I disagree with the suit in the first place and I hope it backfires. I hope that someone also watches that video and decides to do an investigation. If Manny's trying to play hardball, we need to get to the truth of the matter. Someone doesn't just accuse a fighter of soing something wrong for no reason. Floyd Mayweather has been in the sport of boxing long enough to know when something's not right.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Jun 18 2011, 10:27 PM) *
This is for Ben Thompson! Ben, contact Mr. Mayweather and let him know that Manny's interview with 60 Minutes will help his case. They're saying that the accusations have no base. I tend to disagree with that statement. In said interview, Manny not only admitted to cheating, but when the reporters asked him if it worked, he laughed in a strange and evil manner. Take that video to the courtroom and explain why he made those statements. If a guy is willing to load his pockets to make weight (and admit on film), he's more than willing to believe that he will use synthetic growth hormones in order to gain weight and be effective. It seems that everyone wants Floyd to pay, or thinks he's wrong. Most people think Manny's so innocent. I disagree with the suit in the first place and I hope it backfires. I hope that someone also watches that video and decides to do an investigation. If Manny's trying to play hardball, we need to get to the truth of the matter. Someone doesn't just accuse a fighter of soing something wrong for no reason. Floyd Mayweather has been in the sport of boxing long enough to know when something's not right.

To quote Russell Brand, "you sir are an oxygen thief."
FightHypeRules
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Jun 18 2011, 07:27 PM) *
In said interview, Manny not only admitted to cheating, but when the reporters asked him if it worked, he laughed in a strange and evil manner.

QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Jun 18 2011, 07:27 PM) *
If a guy is willing to load his pockets to make weight (and admit on film), he's more than willing to believe that he will use synthetic growth hormones in order to gain weight and be effective.

STEVENSKI
QUOTE (FightHypeRules @ Jun 19 2011, 02:09 PM) *

Post of the day drag.gif
FightHypeRules
one thing I will say, and this isn't coming from a place of hate for Mayweather Jr. or anything, more like common sense: It is not in Floyd's best interest to get put on the stand and be cross examined by a hostile prosecutor. Floyd has shown in interviews (with Brian Kenny, Ra The Rugged Man, etc) that when he gets pushed and pressed, he gets flustered and starts stammering.

That doesn't mean he's lying, but it means he just gets flustered. That's fine, he's a fighter, not a public speaker.

However if he gets put on the stand, and under cross examination he starts getting frustrated and stammering, there are lawyers who will pounce on that to make it seem he's hiding something or he knows he is wrong.

I don't know whether this would be a jury trial or simply a bench trial. If it's a jury trial, that could work out to his detriment. A judge would more than likely be a bit more fair with that, but with a jury anything can happen.

If I were a fan of Floyd I definitely would not want to see that happen. Whether he's right or he's wrong, doesn't matter. That's the LAST place Floyd wants to be, and could be why he's trying to postpone this deposition.

Also, there's a chance that after fighting Ortiz, he may try to leverage dropping the lawsuit against Floyd dropping the drug testing demand, or at least giving in to it being two weeks out.

That's just my opinion though.
mgrover
i hope the judge bends him over and beats on his ass. weird talk aside

anyways why doesnt he just turn up
junsepara
funny about that ben thompson interview, makes NASAC look like a third world country hospital, that is really insulting! and always following mayweather demand for USADA, very funny, very funny, if NASAC is not good as he said, telephone call to USADA in a few seconds, and they will help each other, not only that this ben thompson has insulted the med techs and all the other workers intelligence in that agency. if they know there is something wrong with this boxers, they will go after them without anyone asking them, they are the law! and they are happy with current testing rules, mayweathers clan claim of steroids on manny is baseless and derogatory to his status and race, that is why all pacman fans and filipinos like me are up in arms defending manny, very funny, very funny how they can come up with anything,
gravytrain
QUOTE (junsepara @ Jun 19 2011, 05:43 PM) *
funny about that ben thompson interview, makes NASAC look like a third world country hospital, that is really insulting! and always following mayweather demand for USADA, very funny, very funny, if NASAC is not good as he said, telephone call to USADA in a few seconds, and they will help each other, not only that this ben thompson has insulted the med techs and all the other workers intelligence in that agency. if they know there is something wrong with this boxers, they will go after them without anyone asking them, they are the law! and they are happy with current testing rules, mayweathers clan claim of steroids on manny is baseless and derogatory to his status and race, that is why all pacman fans and filipinos like me are up in arms defending manny, very funny, very funny how they can come up with anything,

pro boxing drug testing is a joke and an anti-doping agency isn't going to do testing for the NSAC for free.

caneman
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jun 19 2011, 04:51 PM) *
pro boxing drug testing is a joke and an anti-doping agency isn't going to do testing for the NSAC for free.

true and true but if it isn't year around it's even a bigger joke!
junsepara
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jun 20 2011, 05:51 AM) *

as I said, anything, and now it comes to money! you people are the joke, this agencies are paid by your taxes, why dont you ask mayweather clan, the've got millions, they started it all, where are they now anyway?
caneman
QUOTE (junsepara @ Jun 19 2011, 05:57 PM) *
as I said, anything, and now it comes to money! you people are the joke, this agencies are paid by your taxes, why dont you ask mayweather clan, the've got millions, they started it all, where are they now anyway?

I need a tiger beat for Pactards! lolz
gravytrain
QUOTE (junsepara @ Jun 19 2011, 06:57 PM) *

what did the NSAC say when people talked about them changing their testing? too expensive.

Golden Boy paid for the drug testing for Mayweather vs Mosley.
gravytrain
QUOTE (caneman @ Jun 19 2011, 07:17 PM) *
I need a tiger beat for Pactards! lolz

can they win those manties?
cervix2000
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jun 19 2011, 07:28 PM) *

can they win those manties?

Any cock pics?
FightHypeRules
I guess we'll find out what will happen tomorrow.

I still can't imagine how Floyd fans can defend this, and it's good to see no one in here seems to be trying. Whether you think this lawsuit is bullshit or not, if a court judge orders you to show up, you show up. Plain and simple.

This isn't like where an appeal delays judgement like the death penalty. This is pretty damn arrogant of Mayweather's lawyer to be like "yeah, we're not showing up tomorrow. Come see us in three months."

Seriously? Oh my God, if I was a judge and someone reacted to my order like that....I'd be kicked off the bench for what I'd do. lol
Hops
FighthypeRules,

I think Floyd Mayweather is simply waiving off some of his rights which he can go on without during later hearings. He has the right not to show up. And don't mistake me for a Floydiot.
FightHypeRules
QUOTE (Hops @ Jun 19 2011, 09:38 PM) *
FighthypeRules,

I think Floyd Mayweather is simply waiving off some of his rights which he can go on without during later hearings. He has the right not to show up. And don't mistake me for a Floydiot.

I think you are mistaken. This isn't a hearing for him to plead guilty or not guilty. This is a COURT ORDER for him to give his deposition. This was not a "well if you're available".

Mayweather's lawyer asked to have it delayed til after September on the night before he was supposed to be there, and then the judge denied it, meaning he was ordered to show up. Floyd essentially said "fuck you, I'll show up when I'm ready".

This might just outdo any other arrogant thing he's ever said or done. What would happen to you or I if we were ordered to show up for a deposition in a suit against us, and we just essentially told the judge to piss off?

I bet we'd be in Jail before the night was over.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.