Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Matthysse v Alexander
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
SmartyBeardo
This fight has potential.

If either fighter wins by stoppage he will be in line for something lucrative, quite possibly a shot at Ramming Speed. I very much doubt Alexander's chances of stopping the Argentinian. That would be impressive as hell given the shots I saw Matthysse walk through v Judah.

Alexander even taking this challenge as his first fight after a big loss is commendable. He is coming to impress, but will he have the heart to compete if Matthysse makes it ugly?

I felt that Matthysse deserved the decision v Judah but it was close and Zab kept himself in the fight. If Alexander chooses to trade he could end up in a heap.

There is quite a bit on the line for this fight. If Matthysse can stop Alexander he will have options. Matthysse v Maidana seems inevitable. But if Guerrero beats Maidana . . .

Matthysse v Ramming Speed is a possibility. For my money 140 is where the action resides.

Khan v Judah carries significant weight this summer. Guerrero moving up. Will Rios follow him? Or will Antillon walk away the winner of that upcoming train wreck?

I'm not sure which way to go with Matthysse v Alexander. I do think that Alexander will win if it goes the distance. But I think the home crowd and his eagerness to be redeemed of the stigma of the Ramming Speed fight may lead him to take unnecessary risks. If that happens Matthysse will likely stop Alexander.

I am looking forward to this fight.
iKeNjiro
Matthysse wins by Stoppage
edit: I think Matthysse wins by stoppage because
Alexander was never good to me, him and Bradley both I thought were over rated
I mean Bradley at least has a mean right head shot to the opponents head or eye (known to change fights)
but Alexander is just a soft jab (with tons of noise) and the left hand or he goes for the uppercut THAT'S IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
in till he learn how to adjust and mix it up he will continue to be figured out by fighters and lose

ummm and Judah beats khan...I think...lol j/k Judah by KO 7rd.
I mean come on really.....All Judah has to do is pace himself, he's still just as fast as Khan, so he has to be patient
set his shots up hit the body and stay in the race, and then in the later rd's when Khan gases go for broke and KO that over rated lame (Khan)
BoxingWizard23
140 is the best division in boxing. Too deep. I wished they had a tournament it would have skyrocketed ratings and drawed in more boxing fans. I got Matthysse by KO9th. Judah by TKO10th

Matthysse is a body attacker with crisp combos. He has KO power obviously and he's a decent boxer with good range. Has a good chin and knows how to walk you down.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jun 17 2011, 04:16 PM) *
140 is the best division in boxing. Too deep. I wished they had a tournament it would have skyrocketed ratings and drawed in more boxing fans. I got Matthysse by KO9th. Judah by TKO10th

Matthysse is a body attacker with crisp combos. He has KO power obviously and he's a decent boxer with good range. Has a good chin and knows how to walk you down.

I tend to agree with your assessment of these fights. Matthysse is nails and Judah is a new man since coming back with Sweet Pea in his corner.
Cshel86
Im definitely ready for this fight! Alexander still has potential, though he lost his last fight. As he stated, it wasn't the fact Bradlet was that good against him, but it was the things that Alexander wasn't doing that costed him the fight. If you watch the fight again, you will see Alexander countering Bradley all night long, but for some reason he wasn't throwing with confidence. Bradley wasn't doing much himself, he just applied a bunch of pressure in order to set up the massive headbutts that always change the pace of the fight.
I can see him possibly hurting or even stopping Matthysse if he comes in with a good gameplan. Im sure that we will see him avoiding Matthysse's power punches, which will probably make him seem a bit unsteady. This Argentinian is no joke, but let's agree that Judah isn't exactly what he once was, so he didn't look his best at giving Matthysse a hard time. Let's not forget that styles make fights! This is somewhat of a redemption fight for Alexander, to prove that his name is still relevant in the 140 lb division. Cant wait til Saturday!
neophyte7
I think Matthyse wears down the overrated Alexander... Judah has to be taken seriously. In his last few bouts he overcame adversity and did not fold. Mabuza was big, strong, and aggressive.. yet Judah was able to keep it calm and get him out of there. Whitaker and he seem to have a good bond. Sweet Pea is good for Judah and anyone not giving them working together a chance against Khan just doesn't know boxing!!! khans is very formidable yet at times amateurish I don't think Khan hits so hard that Judah cannot be busier. Judah has to let his hands go.. power punching volume should be high and when Khan throws his amateurish flurries he has to answer back with hard shots. I think Zab hits hard enough to walk him down to a grinding halt about round 9 or 10
Cshel86
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jun 20 2011, 10:51 AM) *
I think Matthyse wears down the overrated Alexander... Judah has to be taken seriously. In his last few bouts he overcame adversity and did not fold. Mabuza was big, strong, and aggressive.. yet Judah was able to keep it calm and get him out of there. Whitaker and he seem to have a good bond. Sweet Pea is good for Judah and anyone not giving them working together a chance against Khan just doesn't know boxing!!! khans is very formidable yet at times amateurish I don't think Khan hits so hard that Judah cannot be busier. Judah has to let his hands go.. power punching volume should be high and when Khan throws his amateurish flurries he has to answer back with hard shots. I think Zab hits hard enough to walk him down to a grinding halt about round 9 or 10

Yeah Matthysse has what it takes to stop Alexander, but the question is, will Alexander get caught up in an exchange with this guy? If he does choose to exchange, he better prove himself, but if he folds, then we know what the result will be. This is a "make or break" fight for him, and I dont believe he lost much since the Bradley fight. You believe that he's overrated, and I dont...so I will definitely have to get back with you after the fight on Saturday! Lol!

You made a great point about Judah and Khan. This will be just as great! Judah will have to not make his head available to hit, because Khan throws a significant amount of punches. He also uses his feet a lot, so Im sure Judah will be ready for him. Hopefully Khan's footwork and movement around the ring doesn't tire Zab out or make him chase him down and run into a punch along the way. Its crazy how I believe that Judah has a plan to get this guy outta there quick! We will see!
Tha Docta
alexander better do something to prove to me that his heart doesnt pump koolaid. because he went out like a straight up bitch in his fight against bradley. even started screaming when the wrong eye was touched. never seen anything like it.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Tha Docta @ Jun 20 2011, 11:51 AM) *
alexander better do something to prove to me that his heart doesnt pump koolaid. because he went out like a straight up bitch in his fight against bradley. even started screaming when the wrong eye was touched. never seen anything like it.

IMO, that was worse than Ortiz v Maidana right there.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Tha Docta @ Jun 20 2011, 02:51 PM) *

I thought the same thing until I saw the cut in the corner of his eye. I believe he got blood in his eye, but you have to look at the gauze when the ring doctor wiped the cut...real small cut, but it was definitely in a bad place. I think we all can agree that "Super Skull" Bradley is not exciting in the ring at all.
gravytrain
i think Matthysse has a chance at the upset. Alexander might come into this one with too much to prove and Matthysse should be able to take his shots and land some of his own. if Alexander leaves himself open like he did with Bradley he could get put on the floor.

Alexander will probably win but i don't see it as a dominant victory
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.