Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: David Rodriguez...34-0-32kos...HW
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BGv2.0
Probaly not! because they keep him sealed away from any real stepping stones in El Paso, TX!

I just do not understand a fighter like this....what exactly is the point?

I saw this guy KO Rick Dyer and look good dong so, the problem is....that was 4 F'N years ago! I do not at all understand this painfully, career deadning, tortose-like pace.

He either knows a weakness in himself that is so bad that he is content to linger....OR...he has the dumbest handlers EVER!

I see he is fighting Owen Beck next Friday....which along with Robert Davis is the biggest name on his resume....a resume that started in F'N 1998 mind you!

LOL....hell I was working at K-Mart in 1998...I've moved futher in life since then than this guy has in the ring!

I just don't get it...it's not a TX mentality at all.

He is 33 years old....maybe at this pace we will get to see him fight the likes of Barrett, Estrada, Gomez or harrison before he turns 40! lol

I hope his people see this....part of the reason I put it up was for them to hopefully see it and say "hey somebody is talking about our guy"...then they can click it and read this and go back to doing nothing!

For what it's worth we can still make a nice interesting thread out of this.....does anybody know of any other "UNDEFEATED" fighters in other weight classes with a record this padded?

Keep in mind we are looking for EPIC level padding here...not mearly 16-17 fights that have been well selected....I mean DR level padding...25+?
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jun 17 2011, 02:36 PM) *
Probaly not! because they keep him sealed away from any real stepping stones in El Paso, TX!

I just do not understand a fighter like this....what exactly is the point?

I saw this guy KO Rick Dyer and look good dong so, the problem is....that was 4 F'N years ago! I do not at all understand this painfully, career deadning, tortose-like pace.

He either knows a weakness in himself that is so bad that he is content to linger....OR...he has the dumbest handlers EVER!

I see he is fighting Owen Beck next Friday....which along with Robert Davis is the biggest name on his resume....a resume that started in F'N 1998 mind you!

LOL....hell I was working at K-Mart in 1998...I've moved futher in life since then than this guy has in the ring!

I just don't get it...it's not a TX mentality at all.

He is 33 years old....maybe at this pace we will get to see him fight the likes of Barrett, Estrada, Gomez or harrison before he turns 40! lol

I hope his people see this....part of the reason I put it up was for them to hopefully see it and say "hey somebody is talking about our guy"...then they can click it and read this and go back to doing nothing!

For what it's worth we can still make a nice interesting thread out of this.....does anybody know of any other "UNDEFEATED" fighters in other weight classes with a record this padded?

Keep in mind we are looking for EPIC level padding here...not mearly 16-17 fights that have been well selected....I mean DR level padding...25+?

The Mexican princesses come to mind.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 17 2011, 04:43 PM) *
The Mexican princesses come to mind.

lol.. without a doubt.
blackbelt2003
I didn't realise dude was 33.

Stick him in with Arreola. Loser has to drag their Ameri-Mex asses back to wrestling/lighter weight divisions. Winner gets to be KO'd by a Klitschko and THEN drag their Ameri-Mex ass back to wrestling/lighter weight divisions.

Black
EpTXCHAMP
I have sen this guy in gyms around here in EP not much of a chin as a matter of fact saw him a few yrs back get dropped in sparring.. He has decent speed for a HW but is undersized.....At best he is a poor mans version of Adamek
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I have heard of him actually. I believe Ring Magazine did a prospect profile on him back in 2004. I've never seen him fight, but have been following his career a bit since I saw that profile. You're right, he's fought stiffs and has a built up record. I believe he's fighting Owen Beck next, which is actually a step up to what he's been facing. This guy reminds me of Cedric Boswell, as Boswell is older and hasn't fought too much competition. I doubt he ever does anything in his career, but you never know in a weak division. I'm sure promoter in Minnesota wouldn't mind matching Joey Abell or Raphael Butler up with him, and it prolly be a good fight too. Who knows though.
Spyder
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Jun 19 2011, 07:41 PM) *
I have sen this guy in gyms around here in EP not much of a chin as a matter of fact saw him a few yrs back get dropped in sparring.. He has decent speed for a HW but is undersized.....At best he is a poor mans version of Adamek

They keep guys like that protected because they can make money with him locally.

There was a guy in Tampa named China Smith that was on a similar track...he would sell out arenas in the area, until they put him in with Saul Montana. After that, the jig was up.
DoubleDee88
Reminds me of Sven Ottke?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.