Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Super 140 Boxing Classic Tournament:Pick Your Winner
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BoxingWizard23
This is how it goes, both HBO and a new spin off of 24/7 that will show each boxers preparations once. per their time in their fights. Kinda like the regular 24/7. The tournament will have start offs, preliminaries, 2nd division, 3rd division, semi finals and then finals for the chance to win all. This is who I envision being apart of this tournament whether they have to come up a division or not.

Contestants:
1.Timothy Bradley
2.Amir Khan
3.Marcos Maidana
4.Zab Judah
5.Lamont Peterson
6.Lucas Matthysse
7.Erik Morales
8.Andriy Kotelnik
9.Victor Cayo
10.Robert Guerrero
11.Brandon Rios
12.Jorge Linares
13.Humberto Soto
14.Miguel Vazquez
15. Juan Manuel Marquez
16.Devon Alexander

These are the contestants and I will pick the match ups and you pick the winner to see who goes on next overall votes will count. Let's start shall we.

1.Victor Cayo vs Miquel Vazquez

2.Juan Manuel Marquez vs Zab Judah

3.Erik Morales vs Humberto Soto

4.Jorge Linares vs Lamont Peterson

5.Brandon Rios vs Devon Alexander

6.Robert Guerrero vs Amir Khan

7.Timothy Bradley vs Andriy Koltenik

8.Lucas Matthysse vs Marcos Maidana

Pick your winners!!! Leave a valid yet short explanation of why if you want to. Please get this noticed so I can have a more wide variety for this forum fantasy tournament. LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!
caneman
Call me nuts or anything else you want but I got Robert Guerrero to beat everyone of those guys!!!
bosco
QUOTE (caneman @ Jun 17 2011, 07:57 PM) *
Call me nuts or anything else you want but I got Robert Guerrero to beat everyone of those guys!!!
caneman
???? bosco
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jun 17 2011, 04:41 PM) *
This is how it goes, both HBO and a new spin off of 24/7 that will show each boxers preparations once. per their time in their fights. Kinda like the regular 24/7. The tournament will have start offs, preliminaries, 2nd division, 3rd division, semi finals and then finals for the chance to win all. This is who I envision being apart of this tournament whether they have to come up a division or not.

Contestants:
1.Timothy Bradley
2.Amir Khan
3.Marcos Maidana
4.Zab Judah
5.Lamont Peterson
6.Lucas Matthysse
7.Erik Morales
8.Andriy Kotelnik
9.Victor Cayo
10.Robert Guerrero
11.Brandon Rios
12.Jorge Linares
13.Humberto Soto
14.Miguel Vazquez
15. Juan Manuel Marquez
16.Devon Alexander

These are the contestants and I will pick the match ups and you pick the winner to see who goes on next overall votes will count. Let's start shall we.

1.Victor Cayo vs Miquel Vazquez

2.Juan Manuel Marquez vs Zab Judah

3.Erik Morales vs Humberto Soto

4.Jorge Linares vs Lamont Peterson

5.Brandon Rios vs Devon Alexander

6.Robert Guerrero vs Amir Khan

7.Timothy Bradley vs Andriy Koltenik

8.Lucas Matthysse vs Marcos Maidana

Pick your winners!!! Leave a valid yet short explanation of why if you want to. Please get this noticed so I can have a more wide variety for this forum fantasy tournament. LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!

Good idea but too many fighters. IMO, it should be limited to 8 - Ramming Speed, Amere Con, Zab, Matthysse, Maidana, Alexander, Lamont Peterson, Guerrero.

Amere Con v Zab

Matthysse v Alexander

Maidana v Guerrero

Ramming Speed v Lamont Peterson (I know it is a rematch but the first 3 fights are set)

I see a Zab v Matthysse rematch and Ramming Speed v Guerrero

Final - Matthysse v Ramming Speed

Ramming Speed takes it.
Hittman25
I love maidana til the end i dont give a fuck just wish nancho could have trained him! if he had more skill and head movement he would be number one but he is a no brains brawler that makes it a scrap ill watch evryone one of his fights til he retires... he never quits and keeps on comming what more can you ask from a fighter!.............but if that never happens i see amir and the ghost being top two with zab and matthysee right behind them with amir coming out on top bradley trash devon mite be trash but i think matthysee is gonna test that chin of devon...BUT IM A MARCOS MAIDANA FAN!
Cshel86
Im wondering why they still speak of "Super Skull" (Bradley) in the 140 lb division, when he has hardly accomplished anything. He didn't beat Alexander convincingly, but yet he runs his mouth about a big payday against Khan and jumping the gun to fight Pacquiao. What an idiot! Some people really think that jumping from A-Z is the best option, and this guy hasn't even had 30 fights yet, nor has he even broke the $1M payday mark for a fight...and he wants millions?! (Just had to get that off of my chest)

This tournament should have started a loooong time ago, since some of these guys have already fought. Honestly, call me crazy, but if Ortiz still fought at 140 lbs, I would have him beating all of these guys. Not because he has a big welterweight fight coming up, but because of his size and skills at 140 lbs. Though Maidana beat him, the outcome of a rematch would be very telling. The only guys that I see giving him problems in this tournament would be Rios (his size and power) and Kotelnik (his speed and skill).

At the present time, I would probably lean more towards it cming down to Maidana, Alexander, or Khan (though I cant stand him). Maidana just doesn't care who he fights, Alexander will come into a fight prepared to box and not exchange with bigger punchers because of his skill level, and Khan is pushing to be the biggest star in the division, so he will box and make the most of the fight.
neophyte7
[quote name='cshel86' date='Jun 20 2011, 10:25 AM' post='524445']
Im wondering why they still speak of "Super Skull" (Bradley) in the 140 lb division, when he has hardly accomplished anything. He didn't beat Alexander convincingly, but yet he runs his mouth about a big payday against Khan and jumping the gun to fight Pacquiao. What an idiot! Some people really think that jumping from A-Z is the best option, and this guy hasn't even had 30 fights yet, nor has he even broke the $1M payday mark for a fight...and he wants millions?! (Just had to get that off of my chest)

YOU ARE SO RIGHT... BRADLEY is quite stupid!!! He is not so good THAT he can turn down opportunities like he did against KHAN---HE HAS TO REALIZE HE CAN DROP OFF THE RADAR AND FALL INTO THE DOLDRUMS OF BOXING OBSCURITY... IT HAS A happened to guys as good and better...SUPERDOME BRADLEY is really overrated as hell and I don't see what the big hullabaloo is regarding him. Calling out Mayweather and Pac when you have done nothing... not even beating Alexander emphatically. I like Zab's chances in the "mythical tournament" Matthyse is good though and he thought he and Judah was a draw... A rematch between
Cshel86
Absolutely! What if he gets that fight with Pac or Mayweather this soon, and ends up losing terribly? Then what? Go back down to 140? Nobody is going to look at him as a worthy opponent after he loses one of those fights, because he hasn't created an honorable resume that leads up to those big fights. This guy needs to make the best of the 140 lb division, along with all of the other talent that is loaded in that division. Instead, this idiot chooses to chase a dangerous check while leaving himself nothing to fall back on. This division is loaded with talent, but some of these guys can only make this weight comfortably for a few more fights before looking to move up to WW.

Call me crazy, but Top Rank and HBO needs to throw Clottey back in the picture to shake things up for these guys talking about moving up to Welterweight. I said this months ago, and I stand on it! Clottey vs Ortiz or Berto would have created chaos in the WW division and would have truly been a test for both guys. I said this before Ortiz even moved up to WW because the weight that he was rehydrating to on fight night at 140. Who else, other than Clottey, would be a solid opponent for up and coming WWs to prove themselves against? Let's not forget, Clottey's no punk (watch his recent fights with Judah and Cotto), but people blew him off after the Pac fight. He would be great opponent for Bradley or Khan to fight at WW, other than that other bum that they threw Bradley in there with last July.

As far as the 140 lb division now, Zab is gonna end up being the man to beat, if he gets past Khan convincingly. I would love to see Judah and Alexander fight, though they have been trying to make that happen for a while. Hell, that may be the next big fight if they both win their upcoming bouts in a good fashion. Let's face it, Devon got the last laugh in regards to the Bradley fight, though he lost, he got more money for his next opponent and his next opponent is credible, while Big Head is waiting in the winds for a fight that isn't even promised to him.
neophyte7
True.. Devon seems to have better business acumen or atleast better decision making managers...
Hittman25
devon is getting smashed with in 10 when he fights lucas...only way i see this going the other way is if devon came prepared to fight and not try to stay on the outside..he is best when he is in a fight and his last match was far from a fight he better back lucas off because if he doesnt matthysee is gonna find his chin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.