Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jason Litzau fight Tonight
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Tonight is a huge fight for Jason Litzau. Broner is extremely fast, but he doesn't seem to let his hands go. I really don't get how Broner is favored in this fight, as he was lucky to get the decision against De Leon and Litzau beats Caballero. Broner doesn't have half the heart or desire Jason does, and Jason is going to keep the jab out there and pressure him at times too. Broner won't feel comfortable in there, and a good jab neutralizes speed. Jay has that, and he'll be great tonight. I expect him to stop Broner actually, as Litzau can hit hard with that right. I saw the thread about Broner fighting like Floyd. Problem is, he doesn't have that type of talent or desire like Floyd.

However, the national media (mainly Teddy Atlas) consistently shits all over MN boxing. When Javontae Starks fought last night it took Teddy one minute to say something to the extent of building his record up. Dip shit Teddy should have realized dude is 4-0 only, and is trying to take the steps up. Did Teddy realize he was ranked # 1 at 152 in the amatuers and was on the olympic alternate team in 08, and fought the best in the country. Teddy really has no idea what the hell he is talking about when it comes to MN boxing, but he gives it a stigma. Well, it's time to defy the odds again and put certain media members in their place once again. Jason Litzau, Jamal James, Javontae Starks, and Tony Lee will all be champ someday. Yes, this thread is for hometown pride and I got back in town to Minneapolis last night and I missed the city. Go Jason Litzau and bring it home again!!!

Antwan Robertson and Patrick Cape are two other local boxers fighting in Canada, so best of luck to them too. Hopefully a 4-0 weekend to this state.

Here's a link to a couple local interviews with Litzau if anybody's interested. They were good pieces of work I felt.

http://www.startribune.com/local/stpaul/124114789.html
http://www.minnesotaboxing.com/Interviews/...son_broner.html

KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Hour and a half to go and I am hyped for the fight....Lets go Jason Litzau!!!!
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Jun 18 2011, 12:55 PM) *
Tonight is a huge fight for Jason Litzau. Broner is extremely fast, but he doesn't seem to let his hands go. I really don't get how Broner is favored in this fight, as he was lucky to get the decision against De Leon and Litzau beats Caballero. Broner doesn't have half the heart or desire Jason does, and Jason is going to keep the jab out there and pressure him at times too. Broner won't feel comfortable in there, and a good jab neutralizes speed. Jay has that, and he'll be great tonight. I expect him to stop Broner actually, as Litzau can hit hard with that right. I saw the thread about Broner fighting like Floyd. Problem is, he doesn't have that type of talent or desire like Floyd.

However, the national media (mainly Teddy Atlas) consistently shits all over MN boxing. When Javontae Starks fought last night it took Teddy one minute to say something to the extent of building his record up. Dip shit Teddy should have realized dude is 4-0 only, and is trying to take the steps up. Did Teddy realize he was ranked # 1 at 152 in the amatuers and was on the olympic alternate team in 08, and fought the best in the country. Teddy really has no idea what the hell he is talking about when it comes to MN boxing, but he gives it a stigma. Well, it's time to defy the odds again and put certain media members in their place once again. Jason Litzau, Jamal James, Javontae Starks, and Tony Lee will all be champ someday. Yes, this thread is for hometown pride and I got back in town to Minneapolis last night and I missed the city. Go Jason Litzau and bring it home again!!!

Antwan Robertson and Patrick Cape are two other local boxers fighting in Canada, so best of luck to them too. Hopefully a 4-0 weekend to this state.

Here's a link to a couple local interviews with Litzau if anybody's interested. They were good pieces of work I felt.

http://www.startribune.com/local/stpaul/124114789.html
http://www.minnesotaboxing.com/Interviews/...son_broner.html

This should be an interestin' fight. I'm curious to see how Broner will handle himself against someone like Litzau. Like you said, Ponce De Leon gave Broner trouble, but he turned it up a notch later on in the fight. Personally, I felt like that fight could've gone either way. If Broner gets off to a slow start like he did in his last fight, it's gonna be a long night for him. He caught a lot of heat for his lackluster performance in that fight, so maybe he'll come out and put on an excitin' show tonight. He claims to be an entertainer, so I expect to be entertained. Also, I wanna see if his defense has improved. Although he tries to imitate Floyd's defense, he hasn't mastered that shit yet. He keeps his left hand way too low. If Jason notices that flaw in Broner's defense durin' the fight, he could capitalize on it and drop Broner (possibly) with a clean overhand right/right hook.
BoxingFan86
Broner just beat this guy to sleep.. IN ROUND 1!!!!!!!!!!!!! The ref stopped it.
thehype
Fail!
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (thehype @ Jun 18 2011, 10:53 PM) *
Fail!

I think Jason only landed 1 punch throughout the entire round. It was a right hook to the body, but it didn't even make Broner flinch. He treated that shit like a fly on his side.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Not going to lie, that sucked. That wasn't the Jason Litzau that showed up against Juarez, Kimbrough, or Caballero. That was the Litzau that showed up against Robert Guerrero, and he was very tentative. The most dissapointing thing about it is he never snapped that jab. He had the height and reach to keep Broner off of him, but he just pawed and looked scared. He let Broner in the front door and Litzau let him back him up. He dodged some shots after the first right, but he really should have held on. I thought Broner hit him when he was down, and the ref could have given a count, but whatever it is what it is. He was out on his feet, and the ref made the best call he could. However, Jay was hurt worse against Nolasco back in 05, and they let that fight continue. Jay came on strong and won the last three rounds. He has the heart of a lion, and I'm proud he's from St. Paul, Minnesota.

Big props to Broner too. I said before the Ponce De Leon fight that he could be the next big thing, and I still feel that way. He's fast, powerful, and really slick. He let those hands go, and he showed what he could be. I'm a fan of his, but I'm a homer too. I hope Broner does big things in this sport.

Hype, it ain't a fail man. He got caught, which happens in boxing. Jason Litzau has a huge heart, and he'll be back. I guarantee he'll be back stronger, both mentally and physically. Hopefully, he'll have a local fight at the Armory to get back into it. ESPN and HBO both love Jay, and he'll get some more big fights. 130 isn't the strongest division either, so I don't count him out to pick up one of those titles. A very dissapointing night, but at least he wasn't seriously hurt and can live to fight another day.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Jun 19 2011, 12:23 AM) *
Not going to lie, that sucked. That wasn't the Jason Litzau that showed up against Juarez, Kimbrough, or Caballero. That was the Litzau that showed up against Robert Guerrero, and he was very tentative. The most dissapointing thing about it is he never snapped that jab. He had the height and reach to keep Broner off of him, but he just pawed and looked scared. He let Broner in the front door and Litzau let him back him up. He dodged some shots after the first right, but he really should have held on. I thought Broner hit him when he was down, and the ref could have given a count, but whatever it is what it is. He was out on his feet, and the ref made the best call he could. However, Jay was hurt worse against Nolasco back in 05, and they let that fight continue. Jay came on strong and won the last three rounds. He has the heart of a lion, and I'm proud he's from St. Paul, Minnesota.

Big props to Broner too. I said before the Ponce De Leon fight that he could be the next big thing, and I still feel that way. He's fast, powerful, and really slick. He let those hands go, and he showed what he could be. I'm a fan of his, but I'm a homer too. I hope Broner does big things in this sport.

Hype, it ain't a fail man. He got caught, which happens in boxing. Jason Litzau has a huge heart, and he'll be back. I guarantee he'll be back stronger, both mentally and physically. Hopefully, he'll have a local fight at the Armory to get back into it. ESPN and HBO both love Jay, and he'll get some more big fights. 130 isn't the strongest division either, so I don't count him out to pick up one of those titles. A very dissapointing night, but at least he wasn't seriously hurt and can live to fight another day.

Like I said in the other thread, Jason started the fight slow, that's all. I'm sure if the fight would've went on, he would've gotten into the groove of things. His defense was non-existent tonight, but his head movement was on point (at times), though. I won't judge him based on tonight's performance. As you said, "he got caught, which happens in boxin'." There's no shame in that. It comes with the territory.
BoxingFan86
Double post. My bad!
Lil-lightsout
His nickname should be Jason "Blitzed Out" Litzau.
HaydelHammer
Is anybody really surprised about this blowout from last night?

I like Jason, but I've been around enough to know real vs REAL. Jason is great for ESPN. Reminds me of Scotty The Bulldog Olsen (anybody remember him? lol) great espn fighter but that's about it. When he went up against "prospects" he lost.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Jun 19 2011, 12:10 PM) *
Is anybody really surprised about this blowout from last night?

I like Jason, but I've been around enough to know real vs REAL. Jason is great for ESPN. Reminds me of Scotty The Bulldog Olsen (anybody remember him? lol) great espn fighter but that's about it. When he went up against "prospects" he lost.

scotty was a fun fighter to watch... as far as litzau... i think he just got caught pure and simple... im not so sure he goes on to win the fight had he not got caught but im also not sold on broner... judging by the way deleon got with broner and the way litzau fought cabbalaro i could see that turning out to have become a good fight... but it is what it is and its history now... lol...
HazConvictedFelonMane
Not such a good night for Minn. Boxing. That kid got his ass whooped super quickly. Damn! It's all good though. Hopefully he'll bounce right back strong.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.