Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@10:30PM(ET)/7:30PM(PT):Alverez vs Rhodes: SPOILERS 15 Minutes Later
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
For all action and post-fight reactions to tonight's Lopez-Alvarez card.

Jack

Administrator
kidbazooka1
Wow where's everyone at?

Alvarez and Broner both looked awesome tonight.

Bronner made quick work of Litzau i wanna see him in against one of the title holders now i think he's ready.

Alvarez really impressed me tonight he dominated every rd against The Rings #4 middleweight and finished strong. Not that anyone thought Rhodes was gonna win but i didn't think it would be this easy for Canelo and his defense has improved big time from his last fight. I see lots of improvement by Alvarez and at only 20 yrs old if he keeps his focus and doesn't let the hype get to his head he'll be huge.
HazConvictedFelonMane
I really don't like Broner much but, I must admit that he spoiled my 'ah-ha' party by being the one who delivered the KO, instead of being the KO victim.

Canelo has improved. His boxing technique has improved 2 fold from his last outing. I was looking for more boxing skill from Canelo ever since he made those comments about Manny Pacquiao. In this fight he displayed more of the technique that he failed to show me the last time. The technique that showed he actually had the skills to do what he said he would do if he fought Pacquiao (box, move, and give angles). I think that Manny's fast pace would overwhelm Canelo. Floyd Mayweather could knock off young Mexican champions and show that he's clearly the best fighter of the equation. It would be a fight fan's dream to have Mayweather-Alvarez right after Mayweather-Ortiz. Manny Pacquiao can fuck off with those weak fights he's putting up.

Not to stray away from the subject, Canelo displayed great defensive reflexes and good hand speed. I like his combination punching and I'm a huge fan of fierce body punching. I take my hat off to Ryan Rhodes. He was very sportsman like in defeat and he has nothing to be ashamed of. Awesome night of boxing.
The Original MrFactor
How many No Hopers are they gonna allow Chavex Jr and Alvarez to fight?? Both of these guys come into the ring dwarfing their opponents. This looked like a middle weight fighting a welterweight. They need to fight each other. Rhodes was BS just like Hatton lite. I'd like to see Angulo next for Alverez.
The Original MrFactor
BTW,

Friday Night Fights was better than this week on HBO.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jun 19 2011, 01:00 AM) *
How many No Hopers are they gonna allow Chavex Jr and Alvarez to fight?? Both of these guys come into the ring dwarfing their opponents. This looked like a middle weight fighting a welterweight. They need to fight each other. Rhodes was BS just like Hatton lite. I'd like to see Angulo next for Alverez.

I agree but i say give Canelo atleast two more fights and then have step up against the elite like Cotto i think he's ready he's really improved big time and i see big things from him but i just don't wanna see him become another Vargas.
Jack 1000
I think Alverez and Chavez would be HUGE in Mexico.

If this happens, when is the last time we had two limited fighters of this nature, fighting each other with both being world champions? Alverez dominated. But Rhodes, you could see was hindered by Father Time. He just could not get off anything round after round after round.

BTW, What was Harold talking about with Rhodes' corner risking a DQ in about the 10th round, I think?

Jack
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jun 19 2011, 02:17 AM) *
I think Alverez and Chavez would be HUGE in Mexico.

If this happens, when is the last time we had two limited fighters of this nature, fighting each other with both being world champions? Alverez dominated. But Rhodes, you could see was hindered by Father Time. He just could not get off anything round after round after round.

BTW, What was Harold talking about with Rhodes' corner risking a DQ in about the 10th round, I think?

Jack

itd be interesting to see them 2 go at it.. although i feel there both overrated and have easy wins if both guys fight each other itll be a bit of a cat fight...lol.
JONdaCON817
also those damn Corona bitches were gettin on my nerves with the hats and signs.. smh....
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Jun 19 2011, 01:41 PM) *
also those damn Corona bitches were gettin on my nerves with the hats and signs.. smh....

I dont see how fine looking bitches in bikinis could get on a mans nerves.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Jun 19 2011, 02:21 PM) *
I dont see how fine looking bitches in bikinis could get on a mans nerves.

Not the bitches... the bitches' signs and hats.

And they was decent lookin.. I've ran thru finer hoes...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.