Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Strikeforce: World Grand Prix - Heavyweight Tournament
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
Warlord
Almost ready to get started. Josh Barnett was in his dressing room warming up... by having a pro wrestling match! WOW!!! Greatest warm-up I've ever seen. laugh.gif
Warlord
Chad Griggs just pounded out Alistair Overeem's big brother, Valentijn. Tapped him out with strikes. All my life watching Valentijn fight, I've never actually seen him win. I think people book him on cards because they confuse him for Alistair.
Warlord
Daniel Cormier vs. Jeff Monson up next.
Warlord
Cormier picking Monson apart on the feet. Catching him with some decent punches and leg kicks. Cormier looking really relaxed in there, almost lethargic. I'd like to see him in a firefight, get that flab in motion. But I don't think Monson is the guy to do it.
Warlord
Monson landed some decent shots at the 2:00 and 3:00 minute marks, but Cormier made him pay for it each time. Monson's just fighting to stay vertical at this point. I don't mean Cormier is putting it on him, I just mean Monson doesn't seem to want to go for it, he is content to ride it to a decision loss.
Warlord
Cormier takes it 30-27 on all three cards. Cormier is a good young fighter, I still just want to see him in there with a live body who can turn it into a dog-fight. I want to see him lose his cool and have to go for it when the chips are down.
Warlord
K.J. Noons vs. Jorge Masvidal up next.
Mean Mister Mustard
Masvidal fucking him up real good. Never seen him before but man is he solid.
Warlord
WOW!!! Noons nearly got finished there! Rocked, pounded, nearly put out. He loses that round 10-8, no doubt.
Warlord
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Jun 18 2011, 09:57 PM) *
Masvidal fucking him up real good. Never seen him before but man is he solid.

Caught Noons on the neck with a fucking kick.
Warlord
Noons has recovered, looks a little better, but he's still behind.
Mean Mister Mustard
Noons landed some goods strikes there, but he ain't winning this fight.
Warlord
Masvidal up 20-17 at this point.
JONdaCON817
Man that cut looks dirty... and the mouse is huge on his forhead...

Apparently Noons likes eating knees...lol
Warlord
Masvidal is exhausted. Noons should push it here, but I think he's tired too.
JONdaCON817
Masvidal is lookin better then Nicc Diaz IMO... his striking is top notch.
Warlord
Masvidal takes Noons down, just wants to ride him out to the decision. I hate that shit from fighters. Go for the fucking finish.
Warlord
Noon's face looks like hamburger.
Warlord
Gus Johnson sucks. I really wish we could get someone else in there to do post-fight interviews.
Warlord
Josh Barnett vs. Brett Rogers up next.
JONdaCON817
I'm goin with Barnett over Rogers and Overeem over Werdum... Overeem should take it all. Big foot Silva should be interesting vs the winner of Reem and Werdum.
Warlord
Barnett gets the slam. Rogers on his back.
Warlord
Look at Barnett, His top control may be the best among today's active heavyweights.
Warlord
Barnett dominates and submits Rogers.
Warlord
Alistair Overeem vs. Fabricio Werdum up next.
Warlord
Haha, Barnett doesn't let Gus talk his lame shit. Takes the mic away. laugh.gif
Warlord
Ahh, I can never seem to rid myself of the image of a young skinny Overeem getting pounded out by Shogun in Pride. I know he's a different fighter, but part of me still thinks those mental chinks in the armor are still there.

If so, Werdum will show it.
Warlord
Amusing first round, too bad Fedor didn't approach his fight with Werdum the way Overeem is doing now. It may not be pretty, but you avoid the submission.

Werdum actually wasn't doing terrible on his feet. He's gonna have to do more if he wants to win this fight.
Warlord
Both men tired. Overeem was finally landing some shots, now he's in Werdum's guard because he was too tired to keep it on the fight. He better watch out now.
Warlord
Back up.
Warlord
Back down, lol.
Warlord
2 rounds done. Hilarious so far.
Warlord
And there were actually fucktards out there who thought Overeem had a shot against Fedor. Fedor would've wiped his ass with Overeem.
Mean Mister Mustard
Overeem just did not look impressive. He snuffed out his own attack and started to tire in the 3rd round.
Warlord
Werdum gets the leglock but the bell saves Overeem. Alistair will probably take the UD, but I actually think Werdum was more effective when it was on the feet. He should've did more striking.
Warlord
Overeem's so goddamn tired he can't even do his post fight interview. He's fucking GASSED.
Warlord
Overeem better stay far, far away from Cain Velasquez and some of the other heavies over in the UFC. Those guys would grind him down over a 5-round fight.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (Warlord @ Jun 18 2011, 11:14 PM) *
Overeem better stay far, far away from Cain Velasquez and some of the other heavies over in the UFC. Those guys would grind him down over a 5-round fight.

Idk man i kinda disagree... he was obviously tired but who wouldnt be after stuffing 12 takedowns??.. I see him beating alot of the UFC heavies... ide say Him vs Cain would be Epic... ide also like to see how he'd do against Mir... Reem vs Brocc wouldnt be bad on the eyes either..

the HW division isnt that great.. other then Cain Mir and Dos Santos... you still have Carwin, Fatty Nelson, Big Nog, Schaub and Struve all of which get beat IMO...

Strikeforce HW is better stacced.. ide say use either Brocc or Mir as the Measuring sticc for Reem.
JONdaCON817
on another note i was commenting on how great of a fight Werdum vs Mir would be... Werdum would have a slight edge on the ground and Mir would have a slight edge in the stand up... both of whom wouldnt be afraid to go either place.. deff power edge to Mir also..
kidbazooka1
Overeem and Werdum looked like sh*t Cain would kill both and i think silva and barnett would take both of them aswell.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Jun 20 2011, 01:40 AM) *
Overeem and Werdum looked like sh*t Cain would kill both and i think silva and barnett would take both of them aswell.

Cain can deff win... No way Barnett beats either one... for 1 he won't be able to take or hold Reem down... and if he takes Werdum down he'd get tapped...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.