Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Donaire, Arum, and otherThoughts
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Allmenjoi8
Donaire is another fighter from the Philippians, a good fighter with some power. Arum of course is trying to sting his claws into him. If Donaire signs with Arum or does business with him does he suffer the same fate as other Top Rank fighters? I would love to see Donaire move up in weight and one day face Caleno Alvarez in the future. With Arum seeming to dictate his fighter's every move how would signing with Arum hurt his career or help it?
I hope Haye and Kiltch match up is good. Khan is looking way past Zab and is focused on Mayweather, is that inspiration and motivation to Zab to knock out Khan or is Khan just being smart by overlooking Zab? Lastly Is Chavez ready for Sergio? Please guys and ladies (since I am one) no racist comments and please no Pactard or Gayweather stuff. Keep clean and protect yourself at all times.
Tha Docta
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Jun 20 2011, 02:42 PM) *
Donaire is another fighter from the Philippians, a good fighter with some power. Arum of course is trying to sting his claws into him. If Donaire signs with Arum or does business with him does he suffer the same fate as other Top Rank fighters? I would love to see Donaire move up in weight and one day face Caleno Alvarez in the future. With Arum seeming to dictate his fighter's every move how would signing with Arum hurt his career or help it?
I hope Haye and Kiltch match up is good. Khan is looking way past Zab and is focused on Mayweather, is that inspiration and motivation to Zab to knock out Khan or is Khan just being smart by overlooking Zab? Lastly Is Chavez ready for Sergio? Please guys and ladies (since I am one) no racist comments and please no Pactard or Gayweather stuff. Keep clean and protect yourself at all times.

when you say: "suffering the same fate as other top rank fighters", do you mean "becoming a millionaire" ? last i checked, top rank is one of the best promotional firms in the world and their fighters are geting paid millions.
bosco

lol...Donaire and Canelo Alvarez could never fight...way too much size difference...then again Pacquiao fought for 154 lb title (wonder how) ...Zab is a live opponent but I don't think he can hold up mentally for 12 rounds, he could surprise me tho..Sergio destroys Chavez and thats why they will never fight. Arum is a slimeball...lately anyone who fights Pacquiao has to either be a Bob Arum fighter or they have to give Arum rights to they're next couple of fights so he's pretty much a dictator.
HazConvictedFelonMane
QUOTE (Tha Docta @ Jun 20 2011, 02:47 PM) *
when you say: "suffering the same fate as other top rank fighters", do you mean "becoming a millionaire" ? last i checked, top rank is one of the best promotional firms in the world and their fighters are geting paid millions.

Getting paid 'millions' as you say is equal to selling your soul to the devil. Manny Pacquiao's made millions but, look how people talk about him. It's only the idiot fans, media, and experts who are pro-pacquiao regardless of who he fights, that have anything good to say about him. Yeah he's making millions but, true fight fans like me, have no respect for his status or his rise to the top. He worked out because he was in the ring with guys that he wasn't supposed to beat. Yet he did. It was cool at one point, but now that he's the so-called P4P king, he has to do more than beat up on Clottey, Margarito, and Mosley in order to be considered anything remotely close to a P4P top fighter. I'm simply not impressed. As for Donaire, I'm not accusing him of being a cheater but, I don't think it's good practice to be involved with a guy like Victor Conte. He specializes in hiding the use of PEDs from the sport's bodies. I must admit, Donaire knocked the fuck outta Montiel.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Tha Docta @ Jun 20 2011, 01:47 PM) *

The Docta, Top Rank seems to only their fighters against each other and they seem to be missing out on big fights. Plus. they seem as if they do not have full control of their career. Let's say manny wants to fight mayweather, with testing in all OST but if Arum is speaking for him and saying no.. then what? It just seems top rank is a plantation and no one gets away without paying a serious price. That is all, money yes, but freedom to really fight who the want, questionable. Marquez III really? I would love Pac to either fight Paul Williams, Sergio, or hell even Canelo. Someone with some life. JMM is a good fighter but not at that weight and not at the age of 38. I also do not like how Arum has fights inked for Pac before he even finishes a fight...Khan is starting to do the same.
Tha Docta
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Jun 20 2011, 04:14 PM) *
The Docta, Top Rank seems to only their fighters against each other and they seem to be missing out on big fights. Plus. they seem as if they do not have full control of their career. Let's say manny wants to fight mayweather, with testing in all OST but if Arum is speaking for him and saying no.. then what? It just seems top rank is a plantation and no one gets away without paying a serious price. That is all, money yes, but freedom to really fight who the want, questionable. Marquez III really? I would love Pac to either fight Paul Williams, Sergio, or hell even Canelo. Someone with some life. JMM is a good fighter but not at that weight and not at the age of 38. I also do not like how Arum has fights inked for Pac before he even finishes a fight...Khan is starting to do the same.

you cannot knock arums results. he has made household names out of Delahoya, Cotto, margarito, Manny, etc.

there are only a couple top fighters on the planet that have the freedom to fight who they want without their promoter having a say. i have no interest in seeing manny fight williams or sergio, or even canelo. williams and sergio are 160lbers, and canelo would get his ass handed to him. the marquez fight is a good fight.

as far as promoters go, arum and top rank are the best at actually promoting their fighters and getting them exposure. and he is one of the only promters that can do that without giving hand jobs at HBO. i really dont think there is a better promoter in boxing.
bosco
QUOTE (Tha Docta @ Jun 20 2011, 04:29 PM) *
you cannot knock arums results. he has made household names out of Delahoya, Cotto, margarito, Manny, etc.

there are only a couple top fighters on the planet that have the freedom to fight who they want without their promoter having a say. i have no interest in seeing manny fight williams or sergio, or even canelo. williams and sergio are 160lbers, and canelo would get his ass handed to him. the marquez fight is a good fight.

as far as promoters go, arum and top rank are the best at actually promoting their fighters and getting them exposure. and he is one of the only promters that can do that without giving hand jobs at HBO. i really dont think there is a better promoter in boxing.

Floyd mayweather Jr was a star with Arum but when he left he became a mega star.
neophyte7
AND that is why that slick "old devil" Arum hates Floyd... Arum is interesting. I remember is character in the DON KING film (Excellent- starring Ving Rhames) he was pissed Don was making headway and getting millions... now ARUM is the top DOG cutthroat promoter in the game...
The CEO
Donaire is another fighter from the Philippians

Donaire left The Philippians over 18 years ago, ya know...so it's more appropriate that you say he's from The USA...he's been fully Americanized.

A terrific boxer/puncher who might make it to Welter someday...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.