Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Zab Judah to propose Olympic style testing...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
caneman
Interesting!!!

http://www.examiner.com/fight-sports-in-pi...-amir-khan-bout
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (caneman @ Jun 20 2011, 05:51 PM) *

if he turns it down then suspiscions will go up 10 fold!!.. and if he fails.. Mayweather will flip the boxing world upside down... this should be good.
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (caneman @ Jun 21 2011, 07:51 AM) *

I feel two ways about this

Way 1. Take the test of course, if you have nothing to hide

Way 2. This should of been a demand from jump, not later on close to the bout.
Butttttttt take the test
neophyte7
haha... PBF influence... LMAO-- KHAN must take the test!!! how can he not??? LOL.. wow this also ups pressure on Pacquaio to eventually take the test... bring in the congress and the hearings Bobby Bonds style... LOL
caneman
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Jun 20 2011, 06:03 PM) *
if he turns it down then suspiscions will go up 10 fold!!.. and if he fails.. Mayweather will flip the boxing world upside down... this should be good.

Yea and still it don't matter much if it ain't year around but if he does say no it will become more about Roach. Truth is, someone could use even during this type of testing and @ most peeps won't use in that time frame!
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (caneman @ Jun 20 2011, 06:13 PM) *
Yea and still it don't matter much if it ain't year around but if he does say no it will become more about Roach. Truth is, someone could use even during this type of testing and @ most peeps won't use in that time frame!

on Roach and Ariza.

deff should be year around.
JONdaCON817
and also it shoulda been from the jump but now its even more of a suprise... lol.

had Judah asked for it early we may have not even gotten the fight tho.
mrwigi
i just cant wait to see wat happens with all this.
neophyte7
QUOTE (mrwigi @ Jun 20 2011, 07:37 PM) *
i just cant wait to see wat happens with all this.

LMAO.. neither can I... yo. I like that pic of Jack Johnson.. dude looked to be in tremendous shape!!!
caneman
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Jun 20 2011, 06:35 PM) *
and also it shoulda been from the jump but now its even more of a suprise... lol.

had Judah asked for it early we may have not even gotten the fight tho.

Judah would fight anyhow cause he needs the $$$$ but I was thinking how Judah sure has got more chances than most for a title!
neophyte7
QUOTE (caneman @ Jun 20 2011, 07:40 PM) *
Judah would fight anyhow cause he needs the $$$$ but I was thinking how Judah sure has got more chances than most for a title!

Me too!!! can someone explain the love affair with Judah.. I mean most people would be finished after trying to beat up a ref and hitting PBF in the nuts fiasco, and the losses... dude is truly blessed I guess???
thehype
Nothing is gonna happen with this. If it's not in the contract that's already been signed, then it's too late. Silly move by Zab in my opinion.
caneman
QUOTE (thehype @ Jun 20 2011, 06:44 PM) *
Nothing is gonna happen with this. If it's not in the contract that's already been signed, then it's too late. Silly move by Zab in my opinion.

Yeah, kinda like Pascal did with Hopkins in many ways! knowwhutiamsayin?
neophyte7
QUOTE (thehype @ Jun 20 2011, 07:44 PM) *

Silly move??? maybe it is a bit of psychological jousting team Judah may be using to get a leg up mentally??
caneman
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jun 20 2011, 06:51 PM) *
Silly move??? maybe it is a bit of psychological jousting team Judah may be using to get a leg up mentally??

Judah needs to focus on winning the fight in the 4-5 rounds before he falls apart mentally!!!
neophyte7
QUOTE (caneman @ Jun 20 2011, 07:54 PM) *
Judah needs to focus on winning the fight in the 4-5 rounds before he falls apart mentally!!!

lmao.. come on CANEMAN.. have not you witnessed JUDAH has a new brain and heart... He went to see the WIZARD!!!
BoxingStill#1
You need to be dealing from a position of power to make demands like that...

gravytrain
i think Mayweather has brought some serious bitchassnes to boxing. now cats like Pascal and Berto will always say the person that beat them is on something
neophyte7
All the more reason for testing.. Really all sports should have testing. LOOK AT ALEX RODRIGUEZ.. BITCH AS CAN BARELY HIT 25-30 HOMERS A WITHOUT THE JUICE...
caneman
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jun 20 2011, 07:20 PM) *
i think Mayweather has brought some serious bitchassnes to boxing. now cats like Pascal and Berto will always say the person that beat them is on something

I agree with this actually and how do I know so many will think it's should be from the so called greatest of all time!!! LMFAO @ THAT BULLSHIT!
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jun 20 2011, 05:23 PM) *
All the more reason for testing.. Really all sports should have testing. LOOK AT ALEX RODRIGUEZ.. BITCH AS CAN BARELY HIT 25-30 HOMERS A WITHOUT THE JUICE...

The fact is that the fans preferred A-Rod juiced, and I am convinced that a "juiced league" in baseball and boxing would succeed. Doesn't make it right but the people would buy the shit out of it.
neophyte7
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 20 2011, 08:43 PM) *
Hatton competed well up to and including the FMJ fight, actually. FMJ cracked that egg.

So, let me get this straight, RJJ is at the same level career wise as Tarver? Come on man. You cannot be serious.

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 20 2011, 09:03 PM) *
The fact is that the fans preferred A-Rod juiced, and I am convinced that a "juiced league" in baseball and boxing would succeed. Doesn't make it right but the people would buy the shit out of it.

LMAO.. if you can't beat them join them... WHAT AMERICA IS ALL ABOUT!!! FUCK IT america is drug addicted SPORTS MIGHT AS WELL FOLLOW SUIT TO MAKE IT COMPLETE!!!
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jun 20 2011, 06:09 PM) *
LMAO.. if you can't beat them join them... WHAT AMERICA IS ALL ABOUT!!! FUCK IT america is drug addicted SPORTS MIGHT AS WELL FOLLOW SUIT TO MAKE IT COMPLETE!!!

You know it is nothin' but the truth, neo.
mrwigi
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jun 20 2011, 07:40 PM) *
LMAO.. neither can I... yo. I like that pic of Jack Johnson.. dude looked to be in tremendous shape!!!

thanks. .. Jack's always been one of my favorite.
neophyte7
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 20 2011, 09:10 PM) *
You know it is nothin' but the truth, neo.

BEARDO...IT IS A TRUTH but not truth absolute...
Hotsauce
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jun 20 2011, 07:20 PM) *

this is actually good.

boxing needs strict tests
thehype
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jun 20 2011, 07:51 PM) *

Yes, silly move! I mean, I could understand if he brought it up prior to the fight being made, but bringing it up now isn't going to give him any kind of "leg up" mentally. The fight is signed...it's a done deal. Even if Amir Khan was actually on something, there's nothing Zab can do so Amir would just laugh his ass off while he's getting an injection. LOL.

I say it's a silly move because, more than likely, his fans got him gassed up on UStream to the point where he's not going to be focusing on taking care of business. Hell, the move may even backfire on him...especially if he eats a shot during the fight that makes his head start worrying about that. Instead of chattin' it up all the time with fans on UStream and Twitter, Zab should be focused on going to WAR! In fact, I think there's A LOT of fighters out there who have let their extracurricular activities get in the way of taking care of business.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Jun 20 2011, 10:51 PM) *
this is actually good.

boxing needs strict tests

what does that have to do with testing? if they wanted it they should have asked for it. accusing someone of being on something because you lost is just being a bitch plain and simple. it would be like if Ben Roethlesrapist said the Packers were on something because they got beat by them.
Hotsauce
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jun 20 2011, 09:59 PM) *
what does that have to do with testing? if they wanted it they should have asked for it. accusing someone of being on something because you lost is just being a bitch plain and simple. it would be like if Ben Roethlesrapist said the Packers were on something because they got beat by them.

yea yea yea
bosco
Good for Zab...The more fighters asking for random drug testing the better for boxing...it has to start somewhere
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jun 20 2011, 07:36 PM) *
BEARDO...IT IS A TRUTH but not truth absolute...

What is "truth absolute," neo (if you don't mind me askin')?

QUOTE (bosco @ Jun 20 2011, 08:18 PM) *
Good for Zab...The more fighters asking for random drug testing the better for boxing...it has to start somewhere

I agree that it is up to the boxers to force the issue, because the fans will only follow.
Jack 1000
I don't know,

The IBF in particular most have some emotional love affair with Zab. First they don't sanction Balidimer-Judah. Than after Balidimer wins, they keep Judah as champion, (when at least the belt should have been vacant) to allow Zab to fight Floyd, which gave Floyd an undeserved title.

I agree with the above, it's cool if true that Zab has turned his life around. But after charging Nady after the Tszyu stoppage, putting his hands on his throat, and throwing a chair at him, this guys been given the most second chance apologies since the Showtime crew was riding Tyson's dick even after the Holyfield Bite-Fight. But I think Showtime had to do that. They didn't want to take the biggest name in boxing that they had at the time under contract and piss on him.

Credit though for Zab and Floyd for talking about this issue. At the very least, it might make commissions and sanctioning bodies more watchful in pre-fight situations for PED's, and could make fighters think twice about cheating. Especially if the consequences were laid out to be severe before hand. Like not just a one-year suspension or revocation. You get caught and convicted with PED's in your system, you lose any active titles you have and your boxing license, for like at least three years.

Make the punishment fight the crime on a conviction, which is something that currently is NOT being done.

Jack
neophyte7
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 20 2011, 11:43 PM) *

I agree that it is up to the boxers to force the issue, because the fans will only follow.

Absolute truth is what is always valid regardless to relativity... IT REFERS TO WHAT IS ESSENTIAL RATHER THAN SUPERFICIAL... ON THE SURFACE.. Yes its is true that fans probably enjoy the juicing in baseball as it made or more baseballs sailing over the fences, but the constant truth is the performers who without steroids like Hank Aaron, Reggie Jackson Babe Ruth, gave life to the sport in a natural sense... The very life of sports is for the most part dependent upon athletes who are gifted with certain physical and ofttimes natural skills, gifts, and abilities... this is the absolute truth in sports... ATHLETES BORN WITH uncanny and exceptional athletic ability in my view of course... This is why I am in agreement with drug testing in all sports. THE OVERALL INTEGRITY OF SPORTS is all shot to hell and people are receiving accolades by plain dishonesty... and cheating... I mean look at AROD-- BARELY CAN HIT 25 homeruns... this fool has bamboozled fans and the baseball establishment out of 100s of millions of dollars and he was far from the "truth" a complete fraud.. testing in boxing would probably reveal many just like him
JONdaCON817
It also makes the fight a bit more interesting... wonder if it'll piss Khan off like it did BHop..

Judah sure has had a lot of chances!... is it his style? His fan base? Hmm.

And I agree with Jacc. Cheatin in the fight game should bring down massive penalties.. that shyt ain't cool.. your basically not giving a fucc about someones life or there job.. the damage could be detrimental to someone physically, emotionally, mentally, economically, etc... that's grounds for termination right there. And by termination I mean DEATH!!!... lol
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 21 2011, 12:49 AM) *
A-Rod is just one of many over the last 20 years and more. Doesn't make it right but it could also be looked upon as advancements in training. My main problem with it is the adverse health effects. I'm not going to blame professional athletes for doing what they have to do to compete. The root of the problem is social, not athletic. We live in a nation where winning is taught as all that matters - the ends justify the means at all levels. It is bullshit but I cannot blame ambitious young people for doing as they were educated.

So I assume that you feel that The East LA Criminal should be executed, right? I'm not willing to go there but a lifetime ban is the least that should be done, though I feel he should be violated with a nightstick and tossed in an East LA sewer.

Lol... the lifetime ban works too.

Steriods in baseball isn't nearly as bad as steroids in boxing or mma... yeaa you hit the ball harder but it doesn't improve accuracy... however physical sports like boxing or football is a diff story IMO... who cares if Lance is juicing while riding a bike.. that's a joke compared to gettin hit in the face...
BoxingFan86
Interestin', indeed.
STEVENSKI
Perhaps Zab should be focused on his Olympic style boxing skills rather than Olympic style tests as he is gonna get schooled by the lil Paki bastard.
caneman
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jun 21 2011, 04:13 AM) *
Perhaps Zab should be focused on his Olympic style boxing skills rather than Olympic style tests as he is gonna get schooled by the lil Paki bastard.

lmao...I hope you are wrong aand in those 1st 4-6 rounds he takes care of and brutally stops him like Hopkins did Lipsey!
Cshel86
QUOTE (bosco @ Jun 20 2011, 11:18 PM) *

I definitely agree with you on this subject. Cheating your way through fights and making (stealing) money from the sport as a result, proves just how weak you are as a person. If you are not/no longer able to compete with the upper echelon of fighters, then you may need to find another line of work. Training hard for a fight while your opponent half-asses his way through camp and juices up, is no fair at all!
MoneyMay
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Jun 21 2011, 12:07 AM) *
It also makes the fight a bit more interesting... wonder if it'll piss Khan off like it did BHop..

Judah sure has had a lot of chances!... is it his style? His fan base? Hmm.

And I agree with Jacc. Cheatin in the fight game should bring down massive penalties.. that shyt ain't cool.. your basically not giving a fucc about someones life or there job.. the damage could be detrimental to someone physically, emotionally, mentally, economically, etc... that's grounds for termination right there. And by termination I mean DEATH!!!... lol

Yea zab had alot of chances he had alot of hype like mayweather in the beginning of his career ..zab was exciting he had highlight ko's ...I remember all they kept talking abut back in the day was zab and Floyd
The CEO
Yeah...I like this....but it should have been proposed before the fight was signed...

There's too much to ignore...although he may have a lot of stoppages on his record (against garbage comp too), Khan realistically went from no pop no chin to some pop and a little chin...nobody ever mentions this...

Other Wild Card fighters' history of use, Ariza, Khan's performance in the McCloskey fight SANS Ariza, et cetera...
TzFrank
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Jun 20 2011, 06:03 PM) *

Yeah you made great point....it would turn boxing upside down...i cant wait to see what happens!!
TzFrank
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 20 2011, 10:43 PM) *

Absolutely!! The fighters have to force the issue because it seems like the boxing commission could care less...which is sad because these guys are risking their lives to bring us excitement
TzFrank
QUOTE (MoneyMay @ Jun 21 2011, 08:01 AM) *
Yea zab had alot of chances he had alot of hype like mayweather in the beginning of his career ..zab was exciting he had highlight ko's ...I remember all they kept talking abut back in the day was zab and Floyd

Zab has a pretty good skill set...i think he is underrated...i remember back in the day when they was talking about floyd and zab as well...zab just doesnt have the heart and work ethic floyd has....thats whats separates them
JONdaCON817
hopefully other fighters will follow suit on pressing the Test issue. i think itd be in everyones best interest.
JONdaCON817
That or have everyone be able to take steriods.. that make it an even playin field again.. lol
Spyder
QUOTE (thehype @ Jun 20 2011, 10:54 PM) *
I say it's a silly move because, more than likely, his fans got him gassed up on UStream to the point where he's not going to be focusing on taking care of business. Hell, the move may even backfire on him...especially if he eats a shot during the fight that makes his head start worrying about that. Instead of chattin' it up all the time with fans on UStream and Twitter, Zab should be focused on going to WAR! In fact, I think there's A LOT of fighters out there who have let their extracurricular activities get in the way of taking care of business.

Method
Hahahahahaha @ Zab. FLoyd prob paid him $10G's to pitch a bitch about OST.

Zab best stfu and fight. Trying to pull a Pascal when the fight already signed.
caneman
QUOTE (Method @ Jun 21 2011, 06:59 PM) *
Hahahahahaha @ Zab. FLoyd prob paid him $10G's to pitch a bitch about OST.

Zab best stfu and fight. Trying to pull a Pascal when the fight already signed.

Problem is Zab has 4-6 rounds to do it! I can't believe I am saying this but war ZAB even if I liked it better when he fought Clottey and lost the wheels on his Big G bus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Allmenjoi8
This has to be the first time that people are really debating should test that will help clean up a sport be debated. I know for the fact if any other boxer suggested OST they would be held a hero. If OST is the best test insure a even playing field why is that looked down upon? Are we really saying no we do not want better testing? This is boxing people have been killed and seriously injured for cheating boxers: see panama lou, margerito, shane, (look what happen to cotto when he fought AM) come on dogs and poodles, safety first.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.