Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Don King getting it done in St. Louis.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
SmartyBeardo
St. Louis Saturday 6/25/11

K-9 Bundrage 30(18)-4(2) v Sechew Powell 26(15)-2(1) = There will be fireworks testing the chins. Bundrage SD.

Tavoris Cloud 22(18)-0 v Yusaf Mack 29(17)-3(3)-2 = Another potential firefight. Cloud UD

Devon Alexander 21(13)-1 v Lucas Martin Matthysse 28(26)-1 = As bitch in appearance as his last fight was Alexander is still the dude that a whole lot of people felt would deal with Ramming Speed and Amere Con. If that young man still exists he is about to have a chance to turn his career around on a dime and outmaneuver Ramming Speed in one quick win. Matthysse will have something to say about that. This is a true test/comparison fight. The whole division will be weighed against this fight. The home crowd and Alexander's ability to control his emotions will be very key. If Matthysse discovers that he can walk through enemy fire Alexander will get finished. If Alexander can get Matthysse's respect then he should be able to outbox the Argentinian, given how he looked v Judah. Matthysse TKO 9

There are 4 or 5 more fights that mostly look solid. If I was anywhere near there I would get as close to the ring as possible. These kinds of top to bottom quality cards are what is needed to bring boxing back.

Elsewhere on Saturday

Felix Sturm 35(15)-2(1)-1 v Matthew Macklin 28(19)-2(1) = This one is getting unusual attention in the states. Seems like a build toward a fight with SMartinez. Sturm is one of the most disrespected middleweight champions ever. Dude has serious skills. That said, Macklin is on a mission. If either won in spectacular fashion it would be a good setup for a fight with SMartinez or one of the Mexican Princesses. I want to see Felix v Sergio but Macklin TKO 11

Fernando Montiel 44(34)-3(1)-2 v Nehomar Cermeno 20(12)-3 = War. Montiel could have eased his way back with some traditional Sinaloa tuneups but instead he goes after a very tough scalp. Yes, Cermeno has lost 3 of his last 4 fights, but they have all been SD's, 2 to Anselmo Moreno and the other to Victor Terrazas. This should be a full length action flick. Montiel UD

Humberto Soto 55(32)-7(1)-2 v Motoki Sasaki 36(23)-8(3)-1 = It certainly seemed as though Soto decided to avoid another grueling fight with Antillon with his recent maneuvering but I am sure there is a bunch of drama behind the scenes we have not been made aware of. Sasaki is no pushover. His only loss since 2006 was to the undefeated Senchenko. Soto UD

Kell Brook 23(16)-0 v Lovemore N'dou 48(31)-12-2 = This is a good test for Brook. He has been stopping people impressively for 8 straight fights, and N'dou don't get stopped. Another great measuring stick fight. Brook UD

There are several other interesting fights on both Friday and Saturday including Corey Spinks, James Kirkland and John Molina. Gonna be decent.

Your Turn. Flip a coin.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 22 2011, 01:52 AM) *

K-9 Bundrage 30(18)-4(2) v Sechew Powell 26(15)-2(1) = There will be fireworks testing the chins. Bundrage SD.

Tavoris Cloud 22(18)-0 v Yusaf Mack 29(17)-3(3)-2 = Another potential firefight. Cloud UD

Devon Alexander 21(13)-1 v Lucas Martin Matthysse 28(26)-1 = As bitch in appearance as his last fight was Alexander is still the dude that a whole lot of people felt would deal with Ramming Speed and Amere Con. If that young man still exists he is about to have a chance to turn his career around on a dime and outmaneuver Ramming Speed in one quick win. Matthysse will have something to say about that. This is a true test/comparison fight. The whole division will be weighed against this fight. The home crowd and Alexander's ability to control his emotions will be very key. If Matthysse discovers that he can walk through enemy fire Alexander will get finished. If Alexander can get Matthysse's respect then he should be able to outbox the Argentinian, given how he looked v Judah. Matthysse TKO 9

There are 4 or 5 more fights that mostly look solid. If I was anywhere near there I would get as close to the ring as possible. These kinds of top to bottom quality cards are what is needed to bring boxing back.

Elsewhere on Saturday

Felix Sturm 35(15)-2(1)-1 v Matthew Macklin 28(19)-2(1) = This one is getting unusual attention in the states. Seems like a build toward a fight with SMartinez. Sturm is one of the most disrespected middleweight champions ever. Dude has serious skills. That said, Macklin is on a mission. If either won in spectacular fashion it would be a good setup for a fight with SMartinez or one of the Mexican Princesses. I want to see Felix v Sergio but Macklin TKO 11

Fernando Montiel 44(34)-3(1)-2 v Nehomar Cermeno 20(12)-3 = War. Montiel could have eased his way back with some traditional Sinaloa tuneups but instead he goes after a very tough scalp. Yes, Cermeno has lost 3 of his last 4 fights, but they have all been SD's, 2 to Anselmo Moreno and the other to Victor Terrazas. This should be a full length action flick. Montiel UD

Humberto Soto 55(32)-7(1)-2 v Motoki Sasaki 36(23)-8(3)-1 = It certainly seemed as though Soto decided to avoid another grueling fight with Antillon with his recent maneuvering but I am sure there is a bunch of drama behind the scenes we have not been made aware of. Sasaki is no pushover. His only loss since 2006 was to the undefeated Senchenko. Soto UD

Kell Brook 23(16)-0 v Lovemore N'dou 48(31)-12-2 = This is a good test for Brook. He has been stopping people impressively for 8 straight fights, and N'dou don't get stopped. Another great measuring stick fight. Brook UD

There are several other interesting fights on both Friday and Saturday including Corey Spinks, James Kirkland and John Molina. Gonna be decent.

Your Turn. Flip a coin.

I thought the only fight Cory Spinks was in was the fight against crack?

Most eager to see how Brook goes. By all accounts the most legitimate fighter to come out of GB in some time (and yes I am taking into account Froch's excellent record in the past coupla years.)
Cshel86
Powell KOs Bundrage...again (He already cleaned his clock a few years ago)

Mack will bring it to Cloud (boring fighter) because he has nothing to lose and Cloud wont take as many risks in order to keep his '0'

Alexander cruises to a UD against Matthysse.

I say this because Alexander is going to do his best to not lose in his hometown, and he wont get into a slugfest with this guy because of his power. He is going to be busy and rack up points at the opening bell, because he failed to do that early against Bradley, which costed him the fight. Devon was countering Bradley all night, but Bradley was busier, hands down.

If Alexander gets by Matthysse and Judah gets past Khan, then it will be Judah vs Alexander in St. Louis on PPV (I stand on this). Im pretty sure they will look past Bradley for their next bout, because "Super Skull" is not a ticket seller/attraction. One of them will have to fight this idiot though...simply because he has the WBC and WBO titles. Thats why I wish Devon would have got past this loser in January, then we wouldn't even have to mention his name. haha.gif
DoubleDee88
As much as I would like to see Macklin beat Sturm, I just can't see it. Sturm wins by UD. Also Kell Brook has the potential to be a superstar, good test for him but N'Dou doesn't offer much threat going forward. Brook eases to a UD.
Sunni6Killer
K-9 Bundrage 30(18)-4(2)-- wide decision.

Tavoris Cloud 22(18)-0-- KO 6th.

Lucas Martin Matthysse 28(26)-1-- TKO 10.

Felix Sturm 35(15)-2(1)-1-- wide decision.

Fernando Montiel 44(34)-3(1)-2-- KO 11th.

Humberto Soto 55(32)-7(1)-2-- TKO 10th.

Kell Brook 23(16)-0-- Close decision.
gravytrain
Powell UD
Cloud UD
Alexander MD
Sturm SD
Montiel TKO 8
Soto UD
Brook UD
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Powell: UD...He's the better boxer and has the speed to give K9 problems. These guys had the greatest 23 second fight ever, with a double knockdown, so both will be tentative of the other's power. If that happens, Powell has the better skills.

Cloud: TKO 5
Alexander: UD
Sturm: UD
Cermeno: SD....Montiel will be too tentative in the early going, and Cermeno will steal those rounds.
Soto: UD
Brook: UD...Never seen him fight, but N'Dou is way beyond his best days.

Go Cory Spinks too, I hope he has his life back on track. I see he's fighting a tune up, so hopefully he can stay active so he doesn't go into a title fight with over a year's layoff. That shit has killed him the past few years, but lets see if he can make one more run. Don King can give him the shot.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 21 2011, 11:52 PM) *

Elsewhere on Saturday

Your Turn. Flip a coin.

Final bump for the week. Anyone else want to participate?
BoxingWizard23
I'm calling it right here

Matthysse KO 8th

Cloud TKO 9th

Austin UD

Bundrage SD

Ryan UD

Montiel KO 11th

Soto UD

Sturm UD

Brook TKO 12th
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jun 24 2011, 07:30 PM) *
I'm calling it right here

Matthysse KO 8th

Cloud TKO 9th

Austin UD

Bundrage SD

Ryan UD

Montiel KO 11th

Soto UD

Sturm UD

Brook TKO 12th

Good luck and thanks for participating. Are those Austin and Ryan picks for extra credit?
SmartyBeardo
Mr. Wizard, gravy and 6Killer tied with 6-1.

Upon further review, gravy is champion for the week on the strength of his Brook and Sturm direct hits.

Matthysse kicked Alexander's ass but Alexander's chin got him 10 rounds.

Montiel makes a statement.

Cloud looked formidable.

Congrats to gravy, 6Killer and Mr. Wizard (nice call on Cloud).
gravytrain
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 26 2011, 07:22 PM) *
Mr. Wizard, gravy and 6Killer tied with 6-1.

Upon further review, gravy is champion for the week on the strength of his Brook and Sturm direct hits.

Matthysse kicked Alexander's ass but Alexander's chin got him 10 rounds.

Montiel makes a statement.

Cloud looked formidable.

Congrats to gravy, 6Killer and Mr. Wizard (nice call on Cloud).

can't wait for the next one. i hope a lot of people will get involved since Wlad vs Haye is coming up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.