Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Coldest Staredown
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
King Eugene
Just to take the threads in a different direction who had one of the coldest prefight staredowns?

I'm a go with Tommy Hearns. It was just something about the way he stood still, no movement, and looked straight through you. He looked like he was about to destroy you which in many times he did.
STEVENSKI
Two that spring to mind are

Foreman: That dude just gave you the look that said "I'm about to fuck your world up & ima enjoy myself doing it" The dude was genuinely scary.

Tszyu: His prefight expression of a blank face with burning coal black eyes used to send chills down my spine as there was no malice in it just business & that business was puttin a hurtin on your arse.

Good call on Hearns he was one bad mofo. Duran especially in his younger day was undisguised hatred for his opponent as well.

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
My favourite number one staredown was Tyson V. McNeeley. Yeah I know the guy wasa bum and it was a foregone conclusion but the way the camera captured Tyson in that particular staredown was just cool.
mrwigi
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jun 23 2011, 03:03 AM) *
Two that spring to mind are

Foreman: That dude just gave you the look that said "I'm about to fuck your world up & ima enjoy myself doing it" The dude was genuinely scary.

Tszyu: His prefight expression of a blank face with burning coal black eyes used to send chills down my spine as there was no malice in it just business & that business was puttin a hurtin on your arse.

Good call on Hearns he was one bad mofo. Duran especially in his younger day was undisguised hatred for his opponent as well.

HAHA.. I was thinking the same thing about George. Its funny because he talks alot about being scared going into certain fights. You couldnt tell with that look he gave though..

I'd agree with Tommy as well. He really did look like a hitman standing there before a fight.
Cshel86
Almost every fight that Bernard Hopkins has been in, resulted in a historical staredown! Lmao! I laughed so hard at the last minute staredown in his last fight with Pascal while Michael Buffer was doing the announcements! Here's the link of the video and it starts at 7:50. Too funny!

http://youtu.be/Uuf5THX6pJM

Oh yeah...the craziest staredowns belong to Mike Tyson, hands down! I say that because his opponents were psychologically defeated when they signed the contract to fight him. If you ever wanna see fear on a grown man, then Tyson definitely brought it out of them!
Allmenjoi8
Roy Jones (in the 90s) he looked as if he knew that the other guy knew that he was about to get that butt beat, Tyson, Clubber Lang (I hate Rocky movies but when I saw that scene of Mister T it was classic), Mayweather (he looks like he is about to spit on a guy), and last but not least Ali
Maxy
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Jun 23 2011, 10:14 AM) *
Roy Jones (in the 90s) he looked as if he knew that the other guy knew that he was about to get that butt beat, Tyson, Clubber Lang (I hate Rocky movies but when I saw that scene of Mister T it was classic), Mayweather (he looks like he is about to spit on a guy), and last but not least Ali

Jones? Mayweather? Ali?

Really?

I don't see it myself. Give me Foreman and Hearns any day.
HaydelHammer

Allmenjoi8
I do not think stare downs have to be a death stare to be effective, I think if a fighter is looking at another fighter and is almost smiling, that is scary, kinda nutty too. I defend my picks. I like the stare down when the guys just do not respect their opponent, not even waste time looking at them. Lennox Lewis use to do that, he gets added on too.
sTotheR
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 23 2011, 01:30 PM) *
The subject of the thread is Coldest Staredown menjoi. If you don't look at your opponent it don't qualify.

I don't post much, but I had to login just so I could go LOL at that.

LOL
True-Boxing-Fan
This isn't one individual who had the coldest stare downs, but the stare down between Wilfredo Benitez vs Sugar Ray Leonard was one of the best stare downs in history. It was no joke.
neophyte7
Hearns had the coldest staredown... straight Eastside Detroit style

take a look at Roy Jones when he faced Tarver each time he looked scared as shit!!! really he looked shook LMAO
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jun 23 2011, 09:58 PM) *
Hearns had the coldest staredown... straight Eastside Detroit style

take a look at Roy Jones when he faced Tarver each time he looked scared as shit!!! really he looked shook LMAO

Haha Tarvers HOF staredown to go with his HOF career!
neophyte7
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jun 23 2011, 05:02 PM) *
Haha Tarvers HOF staredown to go with his HOF career!

LMAO--- STOP IT!!!! you have to admit... ROY LOOKED like he was in front of the boogie man.. he couldn't even look at Tarver LMAO Roy is and forever will be Tarver's BITCH lmao
checkHook

There have been memorable and great boxing staredowns and its really hard for me to pick one, but in MMA only one comes to mind and thats
CroCop v Silva

I think a poster on youtube said it best a couple of years ago: Wanderlei Silva looks like he's going to kill someone. Mirko looks like he already did.
King Eugene
Tyson's ring entrance and music had mofos shook. Then the stare down had them shaking in their boots.

I hate when fighters do staredowns and be smiling and shit. Mainly at press conferences. Fuck all that friendly ha ha ha shit! I want them to have a dont smile at me, I'm bout to whip your ass mentality up there. Maybe its just me.
King Eugene
QUOTE (checkHook @ Jun 23 2011, 05:51 PM) *

There have been memorable and great boxing staredowns and its really hard for me to pick one, but in MMA only one comes to mind and thats
CroCop v Silva

I think a poster on youtube said it best a couple of years ago: Wanderlei Silva looks like he's going to kill someone. Mirko looks like he already did.

That staredown was ill!
checkHook
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Jun 23 2011, 04:54 PM) *
That staredown was ill!

Man, that staredown is inspirational. That staredown is purely an exercise in finding that persons soul and slapping the hell out of it. With your eyes. laugh.gif
Fitz
I always got some amusement out of this one:

King Eugene
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 23 2011, 07:51 PM) *
Thompson - "I'M GONNA TEAR YOUR HEAD OFF AND PISS IN YOUR SKULL!"

Emelianenko - "No problem, just let me finish this cigarette first."

laugh.gif

Thats pretty much how it went. Is that Fedor's brother?
ROME
QUOTE (checkHook @ Jun 23 2011, 05:51 PM) *

CroCop v Silva

That's an awesome one! Rampage vs Wanderlei 1 was ridiculously intense as well:

caneman
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 23 2011, 06:37 PM) *
I always got some amusement out of this one:

I would have never thought that was gonna go down like that! Good stuff!

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 23 2011, 06:51 PM) *
Thompson - "I'M GONNA TEAR YOUR HEAD OFF AND PISS IN YOUR SKULL!"

Emelianenko - "No problem, just let me finish this cigarette first."

For realz!
gravytrain
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Jun 23 2011, 05:53 PM) *
Tyson's ring entrance and music had mofos shook. Then the stare down had them shaking in their boots.

I hate when fighters do staredowns and be smiling and shit. Mainly at press conferences. Fuck all that friendly ha ha ha shit! I want them to have a dont smile at me, I'm bout to whip your ass mentality up there. Maybe its just me.

i think Ali was one of the best, Foreman was probably the most intimidating though. Tyson came ready to fight but Foreman looked like he really wanted to kill you in the ring. i agree about the smiling shit though, especially when Pac has made his way to the ring cheesin when it's a questionable fight.

King Eugene
When I see all that smiling and laughing shit it makes me think they dont really have intentions of hurting the other. I dont want to watch no damn sparring match!
neophyte7
Shane and Pac laughed and smiled like but fuck buddies in their press staredown...
Big Slim Sweet
Lennox Lewis had a pretty cold stare. It was like, 'Hm this proper talking Brit's actually a pretty mean-looking dude.'

The Lennox-Golota staredown was one of my all time favorites. Lennox didn't blink I don't think.
AussieLad
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jun 23 2011, 03:17 PM) *
Jones? Mayweather? Ali?

Really?

I don't see it myself. Give me Foreman and Hearns any day.

Maxy, didnt you know that Mayweather has the fastest hands, iciest stare downs, sturdiest chin, longest reach, most skills, flashiest ring entrances, best trash talk, coolest mouth gaurds, most quotable pre and post fight interview lines, hardest left hooks, sneakiest upper cuts, cleanest finger nails, most cut resistant forehead, and biggest groin gaurds of ALL TIME...

Seriously, you could start a thread about any topic like this and some douche will vote for Mayweather...

Its fucking stomach churning

Fitz

I love it.
Fitz
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Jun 24 2011, 10:05 AM) *
laugh.gif

Thats pretty much how it went. Is that Fedor's brother?

Yeah it is.
SmartyBeardo
Coldest staredown = neophyte v HazMatCon (or whatever his name is) outside the "Proven Quitter v Woman Hitter" presser in NYC ph34r.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.