Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Star Power"
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Allmenjoi8
According to espn.com the name of the Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Victor Ortiz fight will be named "Star Power." I thought it should be called "King of The Ring" or "The Champ vs. The Legend" and my favorite out of the three "The Test." What do yawl think about the name and what are some of your name ideas? Keep it clean
Cshel86
"Star Power" seems to sit well with me...guess its because everybody is still anticipating the final details of the fight. "The World Awaits" and "Undefeated" were the best fight names thus far for Floyd. Who remembers the "War at 154" for Mosley vs Wright I?
Romulus9
"Wake Me When He Fights Pacquiao or Martinez"
gravytrain
"Getting paid"
lloyd mayflower
"Proven Quitter v Woman Hitter"
gravytrain
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jun 23 2011, 03:39 PM) *

"Mr. Slap a Ho vs Victor O"

"Richard Schaefer told me Mexicans will like this cat"

this fight had potential but the name is ruining it
Romulus9

Someone Photoshop a poster of this RIGHT NOW.
King Eugene
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 23 2011, 02:46 PM) *
"About Fing Time"

HAHAHAHAHAHA It should be "Star Power.........about Fing Time Floyd"

Man you a fool laugh.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club

You've missed your calling Lloyd. If Don King saw this I think he'd offer you a job.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jun 23 2011, 11:24 PM) *
You've missed your calling Lloyd. If Don King saw this I think he'd offer you a job.

Haha I was pretty proud of that one!
Fitz
lloyd, you won in this thread easily. May as well close the thread now. The others can get fucked now smile.gif
gravytrain
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 23 2011, 07:39 PM) *
lloyd, you won in this thread easily. May as well close the thread now. The others can get fucked now smile.gif

first my streak comes to an end on fight predictions and now Lloyd put me to shame.
Fitz
Haha, actually yours was pretty good as well gravy. lloyd got the ball rolling though.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jun 24 2011, 05:39 AM) *

Short sweet & accurate. Nice work Lloyd.
neophyte7
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jun 23 2011, 06:24 PM) *

LAUGHING MYASS OFF!!! stop.. LOL I spill my drinks when I read this shit LOL
Allmenjoi8
actually there is no proof that he hit a woman, it was an accusations. If he did hit his children's mother he would be in jail for attempted murder, his hands are considered deadly weapons. And I am sure her pictures would be plastered all over the internet and television for the world to see. I understand it was a joke but domestic violance is not really funny.
Romulus9
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Jun 23 2011, 11:04 PM) *
actually there is no proof that he hit a woman, it was an accusations. If he did hit his children's mother he would be in jail for attempted murder, his hands are considered deadly weapons. And I am sure her pictures would be plastered all over the internet and television for the world to see. I understand it was a joke but domestic violance is not really funny.

Get the hell outta here with that shit. That sounds like something from an SNL skit.

Only way his hands are gonna be deadly is if he gets more Novocaine shot into them like he did before the Carlos Hernandez fight... and others, I'm sure.
Fitz
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Jun 24 2011, 01:04 PM) *

Don't care, not fazed. lloyd and gravy (yeah you too) made this thread worth it.

Not interested. Keep walking.
Allmenjoi8
Actually boxers who are professional, their hands are considered a deadly weapon. Which is why when Mike Tyson hit some guy he was charged with deadly assault. Any boxer that uses their hands to fight can face serious charges. Which is why you do not hear about boxers beating random people up, it would be all bad for them. Plus a lot boxers insure their hands. Be pissed all you want but it does not change fact. This is not because I am a Mayweather fan, this would be for any other boxer. They can not just go around hitting people, they are under a different guise. Again, allegation vs. what really happen. Anyone can say he hit me or she hit me but you have to have proof and if anyone watched an episode of cops, when a person shows proof that that person hit them, they go to jail. Since the police did not take him in right then and there, I question if she had any proof that he put his hands on her. and its Allmenjoi. Geez.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Jun 24 2011, 02:43 PM) *
Actually boxers who are professional, their hands are considered a deadly weapon. Which is why when Mike Tyson hit some guy he was charged with deadly assault. Any boxer that uses their hands to fight can face serious charges. Which is why you do not hear about boxers beating random people up, it would be all bad for them. Plus a lot boxers insure their hands. Be pissed all you want but it does not change fact. This is not because I am a Mayweather fan, this would be for any other boxer. They can not just go around hitting people, they are under a different guise. Again, allegation vs. what really happen. Anyone can say he hit me or she hit me but you have to have proof and if anyone watched an episode of cops, when a person shows proof that that person hit them, they go to jail. Since the police did not take him in right then and there, I question if she had any proof that he put his hands on her. and its Allmenjoi. Geez.

Step back, re-evalute the subject of this thread, created by yourself, and change the fucking record! You came up with a thread which had an opportunity for a bit of craic and you turn it into this???
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jun 24 2011, 11:41 AM) *
Step back, re-evalute the subject of this thread, created by yourself, and change the fucking record! You came up with a thread which had an opportunity for a bit of craic and you turn it into this???

Calm it down. I know what I posted. Someone stated something about Woman Hitter vs. The Quitter, and I said it is not proven that he actually hit anyone. No need to get a heart attack over a post, and they say women are the emotional creatures. Geez. Take a deep breath, realize that this is a discussion board and not a bar fight. Neither you or I are getting paid to post, why so serious? Decaf man decaf
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Jun 24 2011, 07:22 PM) *
Calm it down. I know what I posted. Someone stated something about Woman Hitter vs. The Quitter, and I said it is not proven that he actually hit anyone. No need to get a heart attack over a post, and they say women are the emotional creatures. Geez. Take a deep breath, realize that this is a discussion board and not a bar fight. Neither you or I are getting paid to post, why so serious? Decaf man decaf

I wasnt being serious. If you take the time to look back, it was me who provided you with that PPV name!
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Jun 23 2011, 02:32 PM) *
According to espn.com the name of the Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Victor Ortiz fight will be named "Star Power." I thought it should be called "King of The Ring" or "The Champ vs. The Legend" and my favorite out of the three "The Test." What do yawl think about the name and what are some of your name ideas? Keep it clean

Speakin' of the "Test," has anyone seen Manny's rebuttal T-shirt? It says, "8x World Champion... I Am The Test!"

SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Jun 25 2011, 06:15 AM) *
Speakin' of the "Test," has anyone seen Manny's rebuttal T-shirt? It says, "8x World Champion... I Am The Damaged Goods Test!"

Fixed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.