Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FLOYD VS ORTIZ PRESS CONFERENCE NEW YORK
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
neophyte7
WHO IS in NYC and is down to go to the INITIAL press conference ANNOUNCING THE FIGHT that is OPEN TO THE PUBLIC.... I LIVE IN MANHATTAN AND AM GOING TO TRY TO GET THERE.... IT STARTS at 12pm... what would be an appropriate time to get there to guarantee a seat!!!

Fighthype represent...
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jun 24 2011, 10:24 AM) *
WHO IS in NYC and is down to go to the INITIAL press conference ANNOUNCING THE FIGHT that is OPEN TO THE PUBLIC.... I LIVE IN MANHATTAN AND AM GOING TO TRY TO GET THERE.... IT STARTS at 12pm... what would be an appropriate time to get there to guarantee a seat!!!

Fighthype represent...

Damn man sounds fun, makes me miss new york
neophyte7
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Jun 23 2011, 09:42 PM) *
Damn man sounds fun, makes me miss new york

No doubt Homie.. I am from Detroit been here since 95... motown is my heart always will be but NYC is the greatest city on Earth in my book!!!! If you was here BRO we would roll. I want badly to go, just want to get there at the right time. Definitely not camping out just to guarantee me getting in. I need to research the size of this venue before doing anything!!!
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jun 24 2011, 11:01 AM) *
No doubt Homie.. I am from Detroit been here since 95... motown is my heart always will be but NYC is the greatest city on Earth in my book!!!! If you was here BRO we would roll. I want badly to go, just want to get there at the right time. Definitely not camping out just to guarantee me getting in. I need to research the size of this venue before doing anything!!!

Honestly I would pull up around 8:30/9pm to what it's looking like ( line wise )
If no line, I would park. Go to the store grab some snacks an a 6pack an wait it out
neophyte7
sounds good!!!
HazConvictedFelonMane
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jun 23 2011, 09:24 PM) *

Fighthype represent...

I will be there! I'm going to be there rather early. I'd say be there mega early, like 9AM. All you have to do is ask who's Convicted? I can be identified by the red bio-hazard tattoo on my southpaw hand. I'm most certainly going to be there. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for me to be a part of such a tremendous fight. I'm fans of both fighters and I just want to see an amazing night of action, regardless to who wins or loses. If PBF schools this kid, there will be no doubt about his heart, skill, and ability. If Vicious Vic wins, he would seriously put himself in the mega superstar mix. Manny Pacquiao via Bob Arum had repeatedly stated that they will not be a young fighter's ticket to superstardom. That is a repulsive statement! They don't have the stones to risk it all. Thank heavens for Floyd Mayweather. A pound for pound fighter with enough stones to face a fighter 10 years his junior. I read on Boxing Scene that Canelo will land on the undercard/co-feature with a chance to face the winner of Mayweather-Ortiz. That's what boxing's supposed to be about. Winners fighting winners. David Haye's won 15 straight with 14 KO's. Dr. Wlad has 13, with 10 KO's. Someone please inform Mr. Arum and Top Rank that the sport of boxing is moving forward while they're on a treadmill. Running in place. Back to the subject, I'll be there. Us guys from the FH community should all meet up out there, if you're in the NYC area on Tuesday. Any of those keyboard warriors wanna have a sparring session or a bare knuckle fist fight, all you gotta do is holla at me. My pics are on facebook, My name is Haz Mane and I WILL be there.
Fighthype represent for sure! I'm out there @ 9AM. Maybe even earlier. I'm so excited about this event. Manny's fights are the same old story. Overmatched opponent in the ring with overhyped fighter.
HazConvictedFelonMane
If I get a prime spot in the line, I'll hold it down for the Fighthype Gang. We just need to stay in touch Fighthype VIP's only will be allowed to skip the line and post up with me. If someone else gets there earlier, or gets a better sopt, hold it down for the rest of us. I know there are millions of keyboard warriors, but I also live and play in the 'offline' world, as well as I post. I will be there, and anyone who's seriously going to be there, can all meet up together. We can roll up in there as the Fighthype Gang. Let me know if y'all can make it. NYC stand ^!
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Jun 24 2011, 05:48 PM) *
. Any of those keyboard warriors wanna have a sparring session or a bare knuckle fist fight, all you gotta do is holla at me. My pics are on facebook, My name is Haz Mane and I WILL be there.

Man I wish I could be there. You sound like a swell guy
neophyte7
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Jun 24 2011, 12:48 PM) *
I will be there! I'm going to be there rather early. I'd say be there mega early, like 9AM. All you have to do is ask who's Convicted? I can be identified by the red bio-hazard tattoo on my southpaw hand. I'm most certainly going to be there. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for me to be a part of such a tremendous fight. I'm fans of both fighters and I just want to see an amazing night of action, regardless to who wins or loses. If PBF schools this kid, there will be no doubt about his heart, skill, and ability. If Vicious Vic wins, he would seriously put himself in the mega superstar mix. Manny Pacquiao via Bob Arum had repeatedly stated that they will not be a young fighter's ticket to superstardom. That is a repulsive statement! They don't have the stones to risk it all. Thank heavens for Floyd Mayweather. A pound for pound fighter with enough stones to face a fighter 10 years his junior. I read on Boxing Scene that Canelo will land on the undercard/co-feature with a chance to face the winner of Mayweather-Ortiz. That's what boxing's supposed to be about. Winners fighting winners. David Haye's won 15 straight with 14 KO's. Dr. Wlad has 13, with 10 KO's. Someone please inform Mr. Arum and Top Rank that the sport of boxing is moving forward while they're on a treadmill. Running in place. Back to the subject, I'll be there. Us guys from the FH community should all meet up out there, if you're in the NYC area on Tuesday. Any of those keyboard warriors wanna have a sparring session or a bare knuckle fist fight, all you gotta do is holla at me. My pics are on facebook, My name is Haz Mane and I WILL be there.
Fighthype represent for sure! I'm out there @ 9AM. Maybe even earlier. I'm so excited about this event. Manny's fights are the same old story. Overmatched opponent in the ring with overhyped fighter.

QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Jun 24 2011, 12:59 PM) *
If I get a prime spot in the line, I'll hold it down for the Fighthype Gang. We just need to stay in touch Fighthype VIP's only will be allowed to skip the line and post up with me. If someone else gets there earlier, or gets a better sopt, hold it down for the rest of us. I know there are millions of keyboard warriors, but I also live and play in the 'offline' world, as well as I post. I will be there, and anyone who's seriously going to be there, can all meet up together. We can roll up in there as the Fighthype Gang. Let me know if y'all can make it. NYC stand ^!

THAT'S WHAT'S UP!!!
neophyte7
I AM THERE... just told my girl to take her ass out of town without me.. I am not missing this. A 6"7 BLACK DUDE WITH A BLACK HAT WILL BE LOOKING FOR THE FIGHTHYPE PEEPS AT 9AM... PEACE
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Jun 24 2011, 09:48 AM) *

Well and enthusiastically stated. If you are referring to me as one of those keyboard warriors, I stopped fighting fair about 40 years ago, but you never know when you're standing next to SmartyBeardo.
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Jun 24 2011, 09:48 AM) *

Damn you sound f'ing tough. You the man. A convicted felon and a bareknuckle fighter, whoa. I wish I was going, I would be hanging with you. Lol
xizor1d
I will be there catching the bus at 7:30 in pa and hope to be in NY 10:30. This is gonna be cool my first press conference for my favorite fighter. I wish I could see the fight but unfortunately I don't have jay-z money so this is gonna have to do.
Ay, fight hype you guys should be capitalizing off this with some t-shirts or something.
neophyte7
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 24 2011, 03:06 PM) *
Well and enthusiastically stated. If you are referring to me as one of those keyboard warriors, I stopped fighting fair about 40 years ago, but you never know when you're standing next to SmartyBeardo.

LMAO... some dude up there challenging key board warriors to bareknuckle fist fights LMAO.. I train 3times per weeK and only fight in self defense... don't start some shit.... some people might SHOW UP-- START DEBATING-- get engaged and get nominated for fight of the year!!! lmao
gravytrain
what did you guys that went to it think?
iKeNjiro
Damnnnnnnnnnn Felon an Neo my boys man hahahahaha going hard in the forum
yo shittttttttttt man I wish I could go fucccccck wouldn't mind sparring to test my hands out I love fighting
Yo Neo you a big mother fucker lol, in Japan you'd be a 大きいここじんlol
Shit they think i'm big 6'2/192

Take ps yall an post em here
neophyte7
JUST A REMINDER..I WILL BE OUTSIDE BETWEEN 8:30 AND 9... I was going to have on black hat but I changed that.. TOO MUCH INFORMATION I AM going to be looking for the fighthype peeps. I WILL not be hard to miss. I will be saying Fighthype Neophytye.... PEACE
ChadSaysTakeTheTest
Dang whos guna be at the LA LIVE Press conference on WEDNESDAY? im in CALI so i will most likely be there.
Spyder
Yo, look for me down there. I'ma be the black dude wearing a white shirt, and a red hat. I'll prolly be kicking it in my air force ones and my chain and an oversized Jesus pendant. I'll be loud, and talking shit too! Just don't step to me, cause I'll have to keep it real in front of my homies.

You CAN'T miss me!
neophyte7
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jun 27 2011, 05:10 PM) *
Yo, look for me down there. I'ma be the black dude wearing a white shirt, and a red hat. I'll prolly be kicking it in my air force ones and my chain and an oversized Jesus pendant. I'll be loud, and talking shit too! Just don't step to me, cause I'll have to keep it real in front of my homies.

You CAN'T miss me!

LMAO---- man... 6'7 dude hollering fighthype neophyte-- be real... I hope mofos are not just playing games!!! I am definitely going to be out there ---
Fitz
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jun 28 2011, 07:10 AM) *

You CAN'T miss me!

LOL. Excellent.
BoxingWizard23
Wished I could go but I got too much important things going on that I HAVE to attend to. Felon has always seemed like a down to earth guy and one of the very few people who seemed real and say who they actually are. Hope all the FH peeps have fun and stand together and represent. And also, make a special shoutout to BoxingWizard23 PLEASE!!!! biggrin.gif
neophyte7
I WAS OUTSIDE LOOKING FOR MY FIGHTHYPE PEEPS AND NOTHING... I yelled fighthype neophyte and not a peep. I went inside and notice some people were inside and VIP.. OH well, I guess I aint VIP status.. was looking forward to seeing some people and meeting you all.. WHAT A LET DOWN!!! I left because I wanted to meet some fighthype peeps more than seeing mayweather Ortiz..
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jun 28 2011, 12:48 PM) *
I WAS OUTSIDE LOOKING FOR MY FIGHTHYPE PEEPS AND NOTHING... I yelled fighthype neophyte and not a peep. I went inside and notice some people were inside and VIP.. OH well, I guess I aint VIP status.. was looking forward to seeing some people and meeting you all.. WHAT A LET DOWN!!! I left because I wanted to meet some fighthype peeps more than seeing mayweather Ortiz..

Sorry about the let down Bro. That's the way it goes. You had to big of expectations of what was going to be out there as far as fighthype goes. This community of ours is just so extremely small in the boxing world. We are just a extremely extremely small smidgeon of fans in the whole boxing world. If you were expecting to see all these fighthyper's out there well sorry. There are so many boxing fans that us fighthyper's almost don't exsists. You should have just enjoyed the press conference and the atmosphere.
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ Jun 28 2011, 04:04 PM) *
Sorry about the let down Bro. That's the way it goes. You had to big of expectations of what was going to be out there as far as fighthype goes. This community of ours is just so extremely small in the boxing world. We are just a extremely extremely small smidgeon of fans in the whole boxing world. If you were expecting to see all these fighthyper's out there well sorry. There are so many boxing fans that us fighthyper's almost don't exsists. You should have just enjoyed the press conference and the atmosphere.

Sadly but true. Sorry I couldn't go would love to meet like minded and open minded boxing fans such as people on FH in reality. SMH Maybe Floyd will oneday pay to fly a couple members from FH including Ben (provides tickets) to a press conference, charity events or maybe his fights. Who knows
neophyte7
xxxxxx
I just watched the press conference and a few observations I noticed. The first and most obvious thing I noticed was that Mayweather had no negative comments to make towards Ortiz which could mean a couple things. It could be a specific strategy for Ortiz...maybe a curveball. It's possible he doesn't want Ortiz to attack out of anger and would rather pull Ortiz into a boxing match. Ortiz doesn't look ready for this to me. Maybe I'm wrong on that, but he seems a little green for this mega event. I understand he is the Champion but this will be something he has never seen before. Also..Mayweather is showing his age in his face. I think all the late nights out clubbing and the stress of the negativity in the media has gotten to him more than he admits. With all this said I pick Mayweather to win. I forgot to mention it was nice to see Mayweather give Fighthype some props at the conference.
neophyte7
LMAO... I really got caught up in the fighthype.. its all good. Even the hours in line was fun and the brief time I went in, yet I jetted out.. motherfuckers was taking too long and I was looking for some additional energy. Really was intrigued at the possibility of meeting atleast one shit talking internet keyboard boxing expert!!! I was there with my black wife beater ripped up from the gym ready to punch an internet warrior in the mouth--

some dude email confirmed in my message box he would be out in linE EARLY.. That cat in this thread probably got picked up by the cops on the way I bet.. shit hapens-- THERE WERE SCANT ORTIZ FANS AND MAD MAYWEATHER FANS..
gravytrain
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Jun 28 2011, 05:59 PM) *
I just watched the press conference and a few observations I noticed. The first and most obvious thing I noticed was that Mayweather had no negative comments to make towards Ortiz which could mean a couple things. It could be a specific strategy for Ortiz...maybe a curveball. It's possible he doesn't want Ortiz to attack out of anger and would rather pull Ortiz into a boxing match. Ortiz doesn't look ready for this to me. Maybe I'm wrong on that, but he seems a little green for this mega event. I understand he is the Champion but this will be something he has never seen before. Also..Mayweather is showing his age in his face. I think all the late nights out clubbing and the stress of the negativity in the media has gotten to him more than he admits. With all this said I pick Mayweather to win. I forgot to mention it was nice to see Mayweather give Fighthype some props at the conference.

what can he really say about Ortiz? Ortiz isn't going to be all smiley and hugging on him if Mayweather doesn't talk trash about him. i think he'll probably start talking trash for 24/7. for right now all i think we'll hear is "i'm glad Ortiz is man enough to take the tests"
Hotsauce
i think the reason floyd didn't trash talk because his kids were there.
caneman
Cool stuff on the conference and giving fighthype a shout out! I wanted to share with anyone who hasn't seen these videos!!!

FightHypeRules
Lol @ Floyd saying he never said Manny was on PED's or Steroids. He must have the same condition as Guy Pearce in Memento.
caneman
QUOTE (FightHypeRules @ Jun 28 2011, 07:42 PM) *
Lol @ Floyd saying he never said Manny was on PED's or Steroids. He must have the same condition as Guy Pearce in Memento.

Him and his family have said it 100's of 1000's of times, that is for sure!
gravytrain
QUOTE (FightHypeRules @ Jun 28 2011, 08:42 PM) *

he said power pellets, that's a big difference.
FightHypeRules
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jun 28 2011, 05:58 PM) *

lol
Hotsauce
QUOTE (caneman @ Jun 28 2011, 07:31 PM) *
Cool stuff on the conference and giving fighthype a shout out! I wanted to share with anyone who hasn't seen these videos!!!

im surprised that floyd was humble in that brian kenny interview.

he is usually yelling at brian.
D-MARV
QUOTE (FightHypeRules @ Jun 28 2011, 08:42 PM) *

Can you show me a quote where Floyd has Said that Manny was on steroids?
caneman
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Jun 28 2011, 08:57 PM) *
im surprised that floyd was humble in that brian kenny interview.

he is usually yelling at brian.

Brian laid off with his grilling type shit too! ANYONE who does that with him gets a bad interview and normally FMJ don't look so good in what he says ala the RA da rugged man grilling! And Brian several times actually!
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (caneman @ Jun 28 2011, 08:31 PM) *

I'm really surprised you didn't create a new thread for this.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jun 28 2011, 08:58 PM) *

Don't forget Roger and his A-side meth.
caneman
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jun 28 2011, 09:03 PM) *

They were deleted from this site and so was the power pullet comment! How many times did Roger, Jeff and Sr say it? On site site alone!
Spyder
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jun 28 2011, 03:48 PM) *

Dude, I was out there!

You shoulda stayed man. After the press conference, Floyd took us out to Scores and bought everyone lap dances. Then he made it rain on some bitch's titties, and told one of his security guards to punch a bouncer in the mouth. That shit was so awesome.
King Eugene
I'm thinking Mayweather wasn't cursing and trash talking because his kids where there and because he is slowly trying to change his image in the media. What we seen at the press conference is the real Mayweather. dntknw.gif Could be wrong but thats just my guess. He'll probably go all in with his Money Mayweather character in the 24/7 episodes to sell the fight.
FightHypeRules
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jun 28 2011, 07:03 PM) *

Well I'm sure there are those on here who can readily recall when he has EXPLICITLY stated the words "steroids" or "PED'S", however I can point out that he has routinely accused him of it by pretending to be subtle with his accusations.

Including the "power pellets" crack, as if you and everyone in the world doesn't know what that means.

Also what about his comparing Pac to Barry Bonds in this very press conference?

ďA guy can come from another country to our country and do it, no problem but when Barry Bonds does it, itís hold on.Ē

I'm sure he's talking about having success in their chosen sport.
Fitz
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jun 29 2011, 12:03 PM) *

Do you think Mayweather has accused or implied he is on something illegal?
gravytrain
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jun 28 2011, 10:42 PM) *
Don't forget Roger and his A-side meth.

it's Roger? Roger and Floyd Sr look like they got beat half stupid in some fights, old age probably took care of the other half. same goes for when one of them said there's something the Army takes that makes bullets bounce off of them.
caneman
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jun 28 2011, 09:41 PM) *
I'm really surprised you didn't create a new thread for this.

Why would do that shit bro? WE HAVE WAY TOO MUCH OF THAT ALREADY! WTF????
neophyte7
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jun 28 2011, 11:55 PM) *
Dude, I was out there!

You shoulda stayed man. After the press conference, Floyd took us out to Scores and bought everyone lap dances. Then he made it rain on some bitch's titties, and told one of his security guards to punch a bouncer in the mouth. That shit was so awesome.

yeah ok... any way you couldn't have been out there I was there after 9am and I rolled back and forth for hours asking, "any body from fighthype.com?".. ON THE STRENGTH SOME DUDE took a picture with me and said PEACE to FIGHTHYPE.com-- he was one of the first people in line... mad energy just outside... even before the doors opened it was fun.. Mayweather has many fans it NYC
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (caneman @ Jun 29 2011, 06:39 AM) *

It was a joke buddy.
ChadSaysTakeTheTest
QUOTE (caneman @ Jun 29 2011, 04:39 AM) *

Dude who the chick on your signature? Its drivin me crazy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.