Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: James Toney Vs Ken Shamrock in MMA match
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
AussieLad
I gotta give James credit. He had his ass handed to him vs Randy Couture in an embarassing display, and he is coming back for more.

He should have a better chance vs Shamrock considering Ken hasnt been an elite fighter in quite some time. Add in there is some rule that if it goes to the ground, the ref will stand them up after 30 seconds (apparently this wasn't a demand made by toney, they just included it in the contract). That will severely limit the ground n pound and submissions from Shamrock. I think Ken is also more likely to stand and bang with Toney. Expect alot of kicks to the thigh

So the scales are definitely tilted to give James a better chance, but i still don't see him winning this. I doubt he can cold clock Shamrock with one punch, and if he does drop him he will need to dive in to continue the assault if he wants a finish. And that will put James in serious danger, because i would expect even a punch drunk Shamrock to outwrestle Toney, even from his back.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Jun 24 2011, 07:29 PM) *
I gotta give James credit. He had his ass handed to him vs Randy Couture in an embarassing display, and he is coming back for more.

He should have a better chance vs Shamrock considering Ken hasnt been an elite fighter in quite some time. Add in there is some rule that if it goes to the ground, the ref will stand them up after 30 seconds (apparently this wasn't a demand made by toney, they just included it in the contract). That will severely limit the ground n pound and submissions from Shamrock. I think Ken is also more likely to stand and bang with Toney. Expect alot of kicks to the thigh

So the scales are definitely tilted to give James a better chance, but i still don't see him winning this. I doubt he can cold clock Shamrock with one punch, and if he does drop him he will need to dive in to continue the assault if he wants a finish. And that will put James in serious danger, because i would expect even a punch drunk Shamrock to outwrestle Toney, even from his back.

Couldn't believe it when I heard about it. I wonder if JT has improved his MMA skills? Dude is an amazing athlete under all them Whoppers.
King Eugene
This fight came out of no where. Shamrock may be past it but not that far past it. He'll easily decision Toney unless it was to prove his bravado and try to stand the whole time like he did with Tito. I highly doubt that unless Toney gets into his head during the prefight build up.

That faceoff should be interesting though considering how much Toney likes to talk and how easily bothered Ken gets. Expect some pushing and shoving.
AussieLad
Big credit to James, i never thought we would see him back in the octagon. But the dudes got huge balls and huge self belief
King Eugene
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Jun 24 2011, 10:50 PM) *
Big credit to James, i never thought we would see him back in the octagon. But the dudes got huge balls and huge self belief

And a huge ego that could possibly end up getting him hurt.
STEVENSKI
Looking forward to those inside leg kicks tenderising Toney's thighs.

Abosolute joke of a fight IMO. Waste of time money & space.
bosco
Two Ton Toney is one of my favorite boxers of all time but he's a complete moron for taking this fight. Shamrocks gonna shoot and take him down and arm bar him...I guess Toney has to make money somehow and fighting is what he knows
Hops
Nice! I get to see the Toney Tap once again!!!!!
Spyder
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jun 24 2011, 10:56 PM) *
Looking forward to those inside leg kicks tenderising Toney's thighs.

Abosolute joke of a fight IMO. Waste of time money & space.

No leg kicks will be needed to get King Hippo on the ground.
Lil-lightsout
wtf.gif
BigG
this aint like the Couture fight...Shamrock is BEYOND shot. Cotoure can still compete with some elite fighters and he is in way better shape than Shmarock and a naturally bigger and stronger wrestler. He was way past his prime when Tito Ortiz destroyed him 3x and that was over 7 years ago.This is actually a very winnable MMA fight for Toney if he works more on sprawls and stuffing takedown attemps. Shamrock is super slow. It's a circus fight.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jun 25 2011, 02:39 PM) *
No leg kicks will be needed to get King Hippo on the ground.

I don't want to see Toney on teh ground I want to see him kept at a distance & his legs bruised so badly he cannot stand up & quits. I reckon a good 30 or 40 hard inside leg kicks will achieve that ok.gif
AussieLad
Try like 4 or 5 hard leg kicks. He's not going to be able to defend them, they'll be hard baseball bats to the meat of the thigh. It takes a while to get accustomed to walking through that sort of shit. Theres no way toney would be taking hard kicks to the legs in training. Be hard enough getting some road work out of him as it is, let alone with tenderized quads
AussieLad
QUOTE (BigG @ Jun 25 2011, 08:17 AM) *
this aint like the Couture fight...Shamrock is BEYOND shot. Cotoure can still compete with some elite fighters and he is in way better shape than Shmarock and a naturally bigger and stronger wrestler. He was way past his prime when Tito Ortiz destroyed him 3x and that was over 7 years ago.This is actually a very winnable MMA fight for Toney if he works more on sprawls and stuffing takedown attemps. Shamrock is super slow. It's a circus fight.

I dont mind the odd circus fight. clapping.gif
The CEO
Oh no...this is bad.

Maxy
Fuckin' move it to the relevant section if it ain't boxing.

Only read the thread title but come on.
JONdaCON817
lol.. this is some funny shyt. If i was Ken ide be throwing front kiccs to that lard ass stomach of his till he throws up...

i hear James Toneys mouth piece is made of bacon.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Jun 25 2011, 06:08 PM) *
i hear James Toneys mouth piece is made of bacon.

First...you are a retard for talking smack on Toney.

Second...that shit had me rolling for some reason. laugh.gif
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jun 25 2011, 09:46 PM) *
First...you are a retard for talking smack on Toney.

Second...that shit had me rolling for some reason. laugh.gif

LOL... I love James Toney! I juss like to cracc jokes! Juss cuz I'm a fan dont mean I can't clown!!!... Lmao
and the NEW
James got so fat he couldn't even keep balance in a boxing ring, his probably got the least chance of crossing over of any boxer.
Lil-lightsout
I read the front page the other day with the interview with his step brother( I think), and he said Toney does not look flabby at all right now. Or something like that. Haha. Man I would need to see some pictures as proof, I just do not buy it. When was the last time he was not flabby? laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.