Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Public Boxing Service Announcement (PBSA) *MUST READ*
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BoxingWizard23
Man some of ya need to get over ya selves!!!. This isn't the 1950's or any less. This is a different time and era. Like a boxing old head told me, most people don't give modern day fighters enough credit to not allow the past to pass them. Too many people hold onto things that don't need to be held on, not to say to forget but man do people bitch about things that aren't worth to bitch about!!!. How can anyone ever succeed and advance when people keep holding onto the past. SMH. I personally think fans and everyone involved with boxing, casual fans, fairweather fans etc. hurted boxing. Most of you never been in the ring before well I have and it takes more than just a slugger with power to win fights. It takes more than heart and grit sometimes. You think fighting over 100 people is legendary?? Those boxers at that time "HAD" to fight that many in order to feed their families and have money. Back then they were getting paid peanuts so they had to fight that many. You really believe those fighters would have fought over 100 fights if they made the money these boxers do today?? And ontop of that most of them ended up with bad health problems that plague them for the rest of their lives. I will always respect boxers and fighters of the past but how can boxing get stronger when we don't recognize the good we DO HAVE and always focus on the negative by comparing it to the past. This is what Mayweather was saying, I'm glad he said he was the best fighter but he didn't say the greatest. People think your disrespecting the past when you do that, not necessarily again, you got boxers like B-hop and Marquez fighting ghosts of the past. I do believe Floyd is one of the top 10 p4p best but of all time?? it's too early his career isn't done yet. I still believe since Floyd doesn't take much punishment he can fight in his 40's if he want's to.Let the past live on by not forgetting but let the present find it's greatness by giving it a chance.
Hops
You're so dumb. Do you think Floyd, Pacquiao, Roy Jones, Lewis belong in the Top 10 P4P of All Time? How would you answer that if you're not gonna compare them with fighters of the other era?

And, oh boy, you're so dumb if you thought FLOYD didn't say he was better than Sugar Ray Robinson.
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (Hops @ Jun 24 2011, 11:23 PM) *
You're so dumb. Do you think Floyd, Pacquiao, Roy Jones, Lewis belong in the Top 10 P4P of All Time? How would you answer that if you're not gonna compare them with fighters of the other era?

And, oh boy, you're so dumb if you thought FLOYD didn't say he was better than Sugar Ray Robinson.

I knew someone would take the bait and try to implement some keen way to make it sound all "Stupid" and "Dumb" as you say. Now that your the first I'm gonna school you like the little choir boy you are. I did not say that fighters today should be in the top 10 p4p all time? and how can you compare something or someone in totally different era's and time periods?? now you sound stupid.

And what's this?? egads!!! Floyd said he was better than Ray Robinson? Is that right Hops? Good boy!! You deserve a doggie treat. I guess if a Fighter came out yesterday saying his dream was to surpass lets say Rocky Marciano or Marving Hagler in specific terms then he's disrespecting them right?? dumb ass...people like you is why what I said was exactly right and you had to be the first to prove how right I am. *yawns* next!!!!
Hops
You're so dumb and stupid. And now, an idiot, too. You posted this exact message in a thread that ASKS WHETHER FLOYD BELONGS IN THE TOP 10 POUND FOR POUND OF ALL TIME.

And you better do your research about Floyd comparing himself with the ole time greats.
lloyd mayflower
It's not often something that's a must read gives me a headache after five lines.
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (Hops @ Jun 24 2011, 11:37 PM) *
You're so dumb and stupid. And now, an idiot, too. You posted this exact message in a thread that ASKS WHETHER FLOYD BELONGS IN THE TOP 10 POUND FOR POUND OF ALL TIME.

And you better do your research about Floyd comparing himself with the ole time greats.

*sighs* I know I did. Thanks for stating something obvious Captain Hops especially to the person that did it. You must think you deserve the nobel peace prize award don't you? And I been did my research probably while you was in diapers or still in playskool shoes. Don't play.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jun 25 2011, 01:12 PM) *
Those boxers at that time "HAD" to fight that many in order to feed their families and have money. Back then they were getting paid peanuts so they had to fight that many. You really believe those fighters would have fought over 100 fights if they made the money these boxers do today??

You do realise that Dempsey vs Carpentier was the first million $ gate in history & Gene Tunney got $1M to fight Dempsey? What you are saying is straight bullshit.

Great fighters get paid great amounts. Frazier got $3M to fight Ali. It is all relative mate. A cool million in the 1920's was a fuckload of money back when being a millionaire meant something. The fringe contenders & journeymen have always been paid peanuts & that has not changed. Superstars get paid & it is that simple.

BTW your PSA is nothing that has not been said before & certainly does not need it's own thread
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jun 25 2011, 05:25 AM) *
You do realise that Dempsey vs Carpentier was the first million $ gate in history & Gene Tunney got $1M to fight Dempsey? What you are saying is straight bullshit.

Great fighters get paid great amounts. Frazier got $3M to fight Ali. It is all relative mate. A cool million in the 1920's was a fuckload of money back when being a millionaire meant something. The fringe contenders & journeymen have always been paid peanuts & that has not changed. Superstars get paid & it is that simple.

BTW your PSA is nothing that has not been said before & certainly does not need it's own thread

What the fuck are you talking about man? This is a "public boxing service announcement" And its a must read. This cat has obviously didded him homeworks. He been did him reeserch while you would be at an high school.
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jun 25 2011, 12:18 AM) *
It's not often something that's a must read gives me a headache after five lines.

It's often that someone who read something and it gave them headaches early still keep reading it.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jun 25 2011, 05:30 AM) *
It's often that someone who read something and it gave them headaches early still keep reading it.

I can assure you, I stopped.
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jun 25 2011, 12:25 AM) *

You do realize that those promoters back then offered them 300K nearly both and the film profit would've been for them around 20K so you add that up Sherlock. What your saying is straight bullshit and sounds like you didn't finish your homework. Try again. If you got enough cents to put up. And no not all great fighters get paid great amounts, wrong again. Frazier would even tell you that money he got was broken down to the point where he only made annually 10% of that profit. Those promoters back then used what it's drawbacks or "old school promoting" to rip off fighters. Ali was one of the very few that didn't allow that to happen. It's not all relative fool. Yes your right a cool million was huge back then and meant something but how is that when that money that you will get will be broken down to a grind of salt percentage compared to what many of those great fighters were suppose to get. You keep telling yourself that on the last line of your paragraph many of those "superstars" will and would disagree with you. A

This needed it's own thread because people like you and Hops needed to get weeded out for the sake of boxing.
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jun 25 2011, 12:35 AM) *
I can assure you, I stopped.

Well then, those of people like you may have some hope for boxing. There is a chance after all. Good job, one small step for mankind, one huge leap for people like you.
Hops
Really funny. Lloyd Mayflower's gotten a huge leap by stopping reading BoxingWizard23's post. Nice!!! It implies that the initial post was made by a dumbass.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jun 24 2011, 10:28 PM) *
You do realize that those promoters back then offered them 300K nearly both and the film profit would've been for them around 20K so you add that up Sherlock. What your saying is straight bullshit and sounds like you didn't finish your homework. Try again. If you got enough cents to put up. And no not all great fighters get paid great amounts, wrong again. Frazier would even tell you that money he got was broken down to the point where he only made annually 10% of that profit. Those promoters back then used what it's drawbacks or "old school promoting" to rip off fighters. Ali was one of the very few that didn't allow that to happen. It's not all relative fool. Yes your right a cool million was huge back then and meant something but how is that when that money that you will get will be broken down to a grind of salt percentage compared to what many of those great fighters were suppose to get. You keep telling yourself that on the last line of your paragraph many of those "superstars" will and would disagree with you. A

This needed it's own thread because people like you and Hops needed to get weeded out for the sake of boxing.

The only thing that needs "to get weeded out" is the crank out of your diet.
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 25 2011, 01:48 AM) *
The only thing that needs "to get weeded out" is the crank out of your diet.

Well then, I hope eating you bastards for breakfast and shitting you all out will get that out of my diet. Don't you think so?
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jun 24 2011, 11:00 PM) *
Well then, I hope eating you bastards for breakfast and shitting you all out will get that out of my diet. Don't you think so?

The first thing you need to do is go back to your "PBSA" and edit it so that it is readable.
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (Hops @ Jun 25 2011, 01:38 AM) *
Really funny. Lloyd Mayflower's gotten a huge leap by stopping reading BoxingWizard23's post. Nice!!! It implies that the initial post was made by a dumbass.

Hilarious. Him responding to my so called "post made by a dumbass"made it even more funny by how a person who called someone else a dumbass for getting responded to is also the responder just like dumbass #1. Hmm....just showed me that you graduated out of high school with straight A's. Congrats!!
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 25 2011, 02:04 AM) *
The first thing you need to do is go back to your "PBSA" and edit it so that it is readable.

Just like my other topic posts. Maybe the admin. will read it and deem it a "great material to read" and make it readable so "ALL" can read it. Thanks for the subliminal compliment.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jun 24 2011, 11:24 PM) *
Just like my other topic posts. Maybe the admin. will read it and deem it a "great material to read" and make it readable so "ALL" can read it. Thanks for the subliminal compliment.

Look Mr. Wizard, I am only suggesting that you slow down a bit and communicate your thoughts more clearly. You have some decent ideas and some stuff I disagree with but if you want more people to read what you write you need to take the time to say it clearly and succinctly.

Just a suggestion.
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 25 2011, 02:30 AM) *
Look Mr. Wizard, I am only suggesting that you slow down a bit and communicate your thoughts more clearly. You have some decent ideas and some stuff I disagree with but if you want more people to read what you write you need to take the time to say it clearly and succinctly.

Just a suggestion.

I respect your suggestion Beardo. I will keenly look to advance my messages so people like you and Hops can understand. I haven't forgotten you and there are some things I disagree with you as well and you also have decent ideas to share.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jun 24 2011, 11:34 PM) *
I respect your suggestion Beardo. I will keenly look to advance my messages so people like you and Hops can understand. I haven't forgotten you and there are some things I disagree with you as well and you also have decent ideas to share.

Fair enough.
FightHypeRules
QUOTE (Hops @ Jun 24 2011, 10:38 PM) *

lol, that's what the hell I was thinking. It's like he posted something, and the whole point was to mock anyone who bothered to read it, and to reward those who were smart enough to not bother. ha ha
Jack 1000
Yea,

Let's keep it civil in here. No name-calling to fellow posters please. I think the OP had an interesting thing to say. It's fine to disagree, but be respectable to each other. Disrespect to posters does not encourage others to join our community.

Jack

Administrator
P4pking313
U couldnt have said any better, bro
Cshel86
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jun 25 2011, 12:18 AM) *

Lol! I thought I was the only one! It's funny how grammatical errors kill the credibility of a statement, and the person that's writing it seems to have the hardest time expressing their thoughts. Grammar hammer please!
FightHypeRules
"I don't mean to sound slutty, but feel free to use me whenever you like"

Sincerely, Grammar
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.