Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO Alexander v. Matthysse:@9:45PM(EST)/6:45PM(PST) SPOILERS 15 Minutes Later
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
For all action and reaction to the HBO card tonight from St. Louis. Keep everything in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
SmartyBeardo
Alexander v Matthysse will have major implications for the 140 division. It would seem that the winner is inline for Ramming Speed, especially if Matthysse stops Devon.

If Alexander wins impressively then the possibilities are significant; rematch Ramming Speed, or the winners of Maidana v Guerrero and Amere Con v Zab.

I'm fired up for this one.
The CEO
I think this fight is Alexander's to lose...

If he can get back to where he was before Bradley sonned him, he will win tonight....why?...because at their respective bests, he is simply the better of the two...a B against a B- if you will...

All he has to do is let it flow in there...as in no thinking....thinking gets his dumb ass in trouble...lol
D-MARV
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jun 25 2011, 05:35 PM) *
I think this fight is Alexander's to lose...

If he can get back to where he was before Bradley sonned him, he will win tonight....why?...because at their respective bests, he is simply the better of the two...a B against a B- if you will...

All he has to do is let it flow in there...as in no thinking....thinking gets his dumb ass in trouble...lol

+1

Props to Devon for getting back in the ring against another legit top 10 fighter.

It will be so sad to see Bradley waste the rest of this year!
dhoward126
I am also doing round by round coverage for the televised card as well as K9/Powell. Ringside baby!
Jack 1000
QUOTE (dhoward126 @ Jun 25 2011, 05:54 PM) *
I am also doing round by round coverage for the televised card as well as K9/Powell. Ringside baby!

AWESOME!!!! That is so cool!!!! Thanks so much!!!

You know the only thing that sort of sucks about this fight, is I would rather see the Powell-Bundrage rematch! How can you top the first fight? Double knockdowns with both guys hurt ending within about 25 seconds of the first round! That was fucking amazing! Instead, we are stuck with seeing Ray Austin. I mean Who the fuck wants to watch that? Austin is always in a boring a losing fight. Bad move by HBO!

Jack
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jun 25 2011, 06:14 PM) *
AWESOME!!!! That is so cool!!!! Thanks so much!!!

You know the only thing that sort of sucks about this fight, is I would rather see the Powell-Bundrage rematch! How can you top the first fight? Double knockdowns with both guys hurt ending within about 25 seconds of the first round! That was fucking amazing! Instead, we are stuck with seeing Ray Austin. I mean Who the fuck wants to watch that? Austin is always in a boring a losing fight. Bad move by HBO!

Jack

Very bad move.

Oh, and bring it from ringside Dhoward. Thanks in advance.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 25 2011, 08:17 PM) *
Very bad move.

Oh, and bring it from ringside Dhoward. Thanks in advance.

SB,

I know it sucks! I just found out that HBO is showing the fucking Austin fight because they are considering showing him as an opponent for Vitali in the future. That is some bullshit! At least next week it's Wlad-Haye. Ray Austin is the kind of fighter that will make you appreciate the FF button on your recorders! UGGHHH!!! What a POS!

Jack
D-MARV
Can someone send me a link? Im out of town!
salvador
Austin looks old and awkward and uncoordinated like Holmes did against Tyson. That said, Austin is throwing some pretty mean combos like a man who wants to go out as a fighter or get ko'd trying.
D-MARV
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 25 2011, 10:04 PM) *
No HBO?

No sir... I'm with family.
caneman
And then it came!
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
What a KO! HE needed that, as I don't know if he would have gotten a decision. I think Cloud knocks Mack out in this match.
The CEO
4-3 Cloud...must be said this is the gamest Mack I've seen in a long time...doing the best he can...

Cloud's developed a nice, straight off rhythm jab...love his busy, chopping style...
The CEO
and there's the overwhelm...wow...put Mack in LaLa Land there...
The CEO
Cloud would destroy Pascal...and that goes for before Pascal met Hopkins as well...
The CEO
Lol...Haye said "you can cut the tension with a knife"...well I say you can cut HIS CHIN like butter...

Next Saturday afternoon's gonna be fun...
The CEO
I give Wlad's current Chin a 7...Haye a 4.
The CEO
I think Matthysse is better than Maidana...let's establish some clear perspective here...
lloyd mayflower
Didnt those two have a exhibition fight won by Maidana?
The CEO
a long time ago, Lloyd...was supposedly close...

Matthysse VERY open for the big left...spectacular KO op...
lloyd mayflower
Not looking for war and peace or nothin but whatever RBR anyone can be arsed typing would be greatly appreciated. Stuck at work and dont think this one will appear on TV over here anyway.

Cheers
The CEO
I'm on my phone, Lloyd...can't help ya too much that way...Matthysse is pretty damn fearless...keeps coming forward...

Alexander goes down!...missed the punch...seems like it was nothing though...even after 4...
The CEO
Clean straight right...good KD.
The CEO
Alexander is basically faster and landing better...showing better defense...the KD didn't seem to faze him much...
neophyte7
Go matthyse... ko this overrated bitch
The CEO
Alexander holding a bit but in it to win it...takes the 6th...REAL good 7th for Matthysse... I have it close but clear for Alexander after 7...

Gut check time for Devon coming up...this next round will tell us alot about him...
neophyte7
Go matthyse... ko this bitch
SmartyBeardo
Alexander has a helluva chin
SmartyBeardo
Alexander just wont go down. Matthysse is just tearing him up
SmartyBeardo
Alexander comes back what a round great round

Matthysse 77-74.
neophyte7
Yeah Devon has a good beard
SmartyBeardo
Lederman is fucking nuts
The CEO
Matthysse straight up earning it now...he's a hard dude...Alexander hung in there alright considering the battering he's taken the last 2 rounds...
neophyte7
too much holding by Alexander... he is gutsy trying to survive
SmartyBeardo
Alexander doing well scoring well. Matthysse lands a right. Alexander with a big round Mathysse lands to the body

Matthysse 86-84
SmartyBeardo
Here we go
The CEO
Interesting...Devon gets on his toes and starts layin' a little whoopin' on Lucas in the 9th....close fight...
neophyte7
Alexander holding for dear life and hitting
SmartyBeardo
nice left Matthysse right left matthysse Alexander fires back. Nice left Matthyssetwo lefts Matthysse Alexander is one game mofo. But Matthysse is taking this
Cshel86
Great 9th round for Devon. I hate that he looked so bad in the previous rounds. Come on Devon!
SmartyBeardo
Huge lefts by Matthysse. Alexander hangs in
SmartyBeardo
Matthysse 96-93
neophyte7
Alexander lost...
SmartyBeardo
Alexander fought with great heart (and chin) but this will be a near robbery - way worse than the shit Judah decision
The CEO
Popular opinion will say Lucas deserved the W...I say it could have gone either way...Lucas landed the harder punches and had the KD...Alexander was faster and busier...

Matthysse levels up to a full B with this performance...very enjoyable fighter to watch...not the most skilled, but his power and relentless attack make up for it...

In the end, Matthysse is definitely better than Maidana...he could get the Khan job done.

and Alexander will never be elite.
SmartyBeardo
Absolute bullshit.
neophyte7
Fuck that.. Alexander lost
SmartyBeardo
Don't give me the either way shit. This is the second shit decision that Alexander has received in one year. Second shit decision against Matthysse.

Matthysse kicked his ass.
D-MARV
Bad decision... Not as bad as that shit that went down in Germany but Matthysse won this fight!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.