Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nick Charles Dies...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
D-MARV
Nick Charles, a Chicago native who became the first sports anchor at CNN, died today, the cable news station reported. He was 64.

Charles, who had been suffering from bladder cancer since 2009, died at his New Mexico home, according to CNN. He had been born Nicholas Charles Nickeas in Chicago in 1946 and, after graduating from Columbia College in Chicago, he started his sportscasting career in 1970 at WICS in Springfield, Ill.

He later worked at stations in Baltimore and Washington before joining CNN on June 1, 1980.
Big Slim Sweet
RIP. It was great seeing him on HBO a few months ago. You could tell the way people were responding to him that he was genuinely a good man.
caneman
R.I.P. Nick!
KookedKrack
R.I.P.

dude seemed like a great guy
Sunni6Killer
No more suffering.
R.I.P.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Sunni6Killer @ Jun 25 2011, 12:29 PM) *
No more suffering.
R.I.P.

The only good to come out f this...

Props to HBO for giving him one more fight!
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Thank God he lived every last one of those days with pride, and he never stopped enjoying life. The stories I read about him spending time with his family and the things he did in those last months were honorable. He was a great man, and it's sad to see him go. RIP Nick Charles.
SmartyBeardo
Rest In Peace Mr. Charles.
The CEO
Unlike most in his situation, Nick Charles kept it Classy 'til The End...

R.I.P.
JONdaCON817
RIP..
Spyder
Cool vid of Mike saying his goodbyes to Nick a few weeks ago.

happygocampy
Didn't know about this till tonight (well yesterday now..) when i was watching the HBO fights.

My condolences to the Charles family, may Nick R.I.P.
happygocampy
dbl post delete me or whatever.
kidbazooka1
Like everyone said Nick Charles was all class and a helluva commentator he'll be missed.

R.P. Nick Charles
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.