Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sturm vs Macklin
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
caneman
GREAT FIGHT! Sturm's right side is really red!
caneman
AND NEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WBA CHAMPION!
caneman
OMG, now that is robbery!
D-MARV
WTF?

Fuck Sturm and Fuck Germany!

This little bitch has the nerve to say he's chasing B-Hop's record. Fuck him!

He lost today... he can go fuck himself!
Maxy
Caneman, cheers for putting this up. Massive respect. There are a shed load of posters on here but they are blinkered in their support of the sport.

I thought the fight was extremely close and I never figured Macklin would get a decision in Germany. The 116-112 was atrocious and personally I thought Macklin nicked it by a round or two.
Maxy
Looking for all the new posters to give their opinion on the fight.

Oh, it happened in Europe...Macklin? No idea...Sturm...um...didn't he fight De La Hoya once?

caneman
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jun 25 2011, 04:55 PM) *
Caneman, cheers for putting this up. Massive respect. There are a shed load of posters on here but they are blinkered in their support of the sport.

I thought the fight was extremely close and I never figured Macklin would get a decision in Germany. The 116-112 was atrocious and personally I thought Macklin nicked it by a round or two.

I had it 116-112 Macklin but 115-113 is ok but no closer IMO! Cheers Maxy drinks.gif
Maxy
Makes me laugh mate...you know...shed loads of new posters and you'd expect some insight, some comments on what was a pretty damn good fight...but nah, if it ain't Mayweather or Pac it ain't shit.

Kids today need to go out more....
D-MARV
Such a good fight ruined by a bunch snakes! Fuck them.

caneman
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jun 25 2011, 05:00 PM) *
Makes me laugh mate...you know...shed loads of new posters and you'd expect some insight, some comments on what was a pretty damn good fight...but nah, if it ain't Mayweather or Pac it ain't shit.

Kids today need to go out more....

Yes indeed Maxy...it's got bad over here and WAYYYYY MORE PBF nutt mites than Pactards!
caneman
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jun 25 2011, 05:03 PM) *
Such a good fight ruined by a bunch snakes! Fuck them.

co sign on this!
SmartyBeardo
Damn! I knew Sturm was ripe. Thought Macklin would stop him late. That sucks!
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Damnit, I was going to watch this today, but got caught up in other shit. A lot of people said Macklin would give Sturm one hell of a fight and he did. I guess he could get to B-Hop's record if they keep feeding him opponents in Germany, but it's starting to look like somebody will knock him off. I remember towards the end of Ottke's career he started getting lucky decisions too. Maybe Abraham can get down at 160, get a couple wins, and set up a huge fight in Germany.
bosco
I thought it was robbery..Macklin was really mixing up his shots good and did good body work and he was breaking through Sturms shield...what a shame
SENTRAL
I couldn't split em. Knew Sturm would get the verdict - it was a close, close fight and very entertaining in its own right.

In Europe the hometown fighter will never lose a tight bout.
lloyd mayflower
Not watched the fight yet, on nightshift so got it recording, but thats a real shame for Macklin. He's been so close to his defining world level fight many times only for fights to fall apart, guys pulling out etc. His career always seems to have stalled just as its been building momentum. Not sure if its been promoter issues or what.

Anyway, shame if he was robbed, this would have been his ticket to the big leagues.
gravytrain
it's a robbery but i picked Sturm to win so i can't complain. lol
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jun 25 2011, 06:09 PM) *
it's a robbery but i picked Sturm to win so i can't complain. lol

Bastard! fuck.gif
E.C.LEGEND
This fight came on some EPIX channel...a channel I don't have. lol
caneman
QUOTE (E.C.LEGEND @ Jun 25 2011, 08:58 PM) *
This fight came on some EPIX channel...a channel I don't have. lol

It was free online EC!!!
blackbelt2003
Great fight, I think I had Macklin up by only one round so I can't really say it was a robbery. However, Sturm did look the better fighter...by FAR, but goddamit, that's some true guts and spirit by Macklin. Makes me proud to be a Brummie...sniff.....

Black
Jack 1000
QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Jun 26 2011, 02:57 AM) *
Great fight, I think I had Macklin up by only one round so I can't really say it was a robbery. However, Sturm did look the better fighter...by FAR, but goddamit, that's some true guts and spirit by Macklin. Makes me proud to be a Brummie...sniff.....

Black

Black,

Did they show it on Sky Sports in the UK? Or did you watch it online?

Jack
Maxy
Jack, it was live on Sky straight after Kell Brooks win over N'dou. Solid performance from Brook btw but I can't quite see him beating the elite.

Macklin can hold his head high. Terrific effort and would have got the nod anywhere other than Germany. The Spanish judge should be banned. Outrageous card.
caneman
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jun 26 2011, 03:04 AM) *
Black,

Did they show it on Sky Sports in the UK? Or did you watch it online?

Jack

Maxy already answered but Sky Sports showed it like so many cards!

QUOTE (Maxy @ Jun 26 2011, 06:21 AM) *
Jack, it was live on Sky straight after Kell Brooks win over N'dou. Solid performance from Brook btw but I can't quite see him beating the elite.

Macklin can hold his head high. Terrific effort and would have got the nod anywhere other than Germany. The Spanish judge should be banned. Outrageous card.

2 of those judges had 116-112 didn't they? Bottom line, while it was some home cooking but really I think most of it was Macklin didn't get credit for all those rights to the body...he threw @ least 1 it it seemed every combo...Sturm's side was really red and I bet hurts this morning!
The Ring Dictator
Rip-off.

Fuck Ze Germans.
E.C.LEGEND
QUOTE (caneman @ Jun 25 2011, 09:18 PM) *
It was free online EC!!!

Damn....did not know that. And I was pissed I didn't have that channel. lol
caneman
QUOTE (E.C.LEGEND @ Jun 26 2011, 02:26 PM) *
Damn....did not know that. And I was pissed I didn't have that channel. lol

Yea epixhd.com I think it was! Free trail membership! http://www.epixhd.com/sturm-vs-macklin/ is where it was!
gravytrain
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 25 2011, 09:11 PM) *
Bastard! fuck.gif

i got a gift to protect my picks with the Alexander fight too. lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.