Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Martinez vs Chavez Jr
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Fitz
http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/wbc-on-cha...-martinez-88318

WBC President Jose Sulaiman said today that Julio Cesar Chavez, Jr. and Sergio Martinez will be allowed voluntary fights. “As per the WBC Rules and Regulations, a voluntary defense has been granted to the new champion [Chavez] to then proceed to fight the WBC Diamond champion Sergio Martinez, who will also make a voluntary defense on October the 15th. The WBC is very proud of both great champions and we wish them the best of luck.”

King Eugene
Hope no one finds a way around this one and it actually happens next year. I dont see Chavez Jr. making it past the 8th if they do fight.
AussieLad
Chavez will get brutalized. Give him credit for taking a dangerous fight though.
Hops
The exposed will expose Martinez. When these B level fighters fight amongst each other, some will be mistaken for A+. Chavez will expose Martinez.
Fitz
QUOTE (Hops @ Jun 28 2011, 08:24 PM) *
The exposed will expose Martinez. When these B level fighters fight amongst each other, some will be mistaken for A+. Chavez will expose Martinez.

Haha. Nice.
mgrover
they shouldnt have a doctor ring side, it should be an undertaker
caneman
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 28 2011, 03:46 AM) *

I heard it was Manfredo that was almost a done deal with Matavilla...hard to believe they would let Jr near him, it's giving him a loss for sure IMO! 6 round TKO Maravilla!
D-MARV
No Way that bitch ass Arum let's this fight happen.
salvador
Don't hold your breath.

Chavez has too many Arum megafights before getting in the ring with Martinez - not to mention Alvarez, who is a much bigger draw than Martinez and a much easier fight. Meanwhile, Martinez just keeps getting older.
iKeNjiro
If it does happen, wow and big kudos to Chavez jr. for stepping up and testing his skills
thehype
Since when does the WBC make decisions for promoters as to who their fighters will or will not fight?

laugh.gif
HazConvictedFelonMane
QUOTE (thehype @ Jun 28 2011, 09:41 AM) *
Since when does the WBC make decisions for promoters as to who their fighters will or will not fight?

laugh.gif

I'll tell you when! When they strip the champ to make room for their country's favorite son. They make Martinez emeritus champion and give him free rule on when he wants the fight. You should know that. Don't make it seem as if you're in favor of Bob Arum's choice to DUCK Martinez. You know what time it is. Sergio generously handed over the title with the promise to fight the winner of Zbik-Chavez. When I look at it, Sergio has to fight AGAIN in order to retain or re-acquire the championship that he rightfully won, and defended. The WBC had better make that decision because they're the ones that fucked up. They most certainly reserve the right to make decisions for promoters if their fighter is THEIR (the WBC's) champion. Top Prank Inc., The WBC, and Team Chavez had better do the right thing and step in the ring with the Diamond AND Emeritus champion. I will accept no other fight.
caneman
I bet it will be Manfredo, mark my words, jcc won't go close to Maravilla!
BoxingWizard23
Martinez by TKO 7th Nuff said. And nothing more, Blob Arum won't let Jcc Jr. step in with him. Blob will bribe Sulaiman to allow Martinez fight someone else but keep his diamon and emiritus status. Blob just figured out that a son of a legend is great billing to make a profit off of. He's his future cash cow, no way Martinez will fight Floyd next year and if Floyd gives him that then EVERY PACTARD AND HATER BETTER SHOW RESPECT.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jun 28 2011, 07:51 AM) *
No Way that bitch ass Arum let's this fight happen.

+1
TheFonz
Peter needs a payday REALLY bad. I won't be mad if he gets shot at Martinez, plus the fight would be more competitive than a fight with JCC jr.
PColeman28
Chavez isn't ready for Martinez probably never will....if you look at his fight with zbik he took ALOT of punches the only reason he lasted was because zbik is weak....if chavez tried to fight Martinez like that he'll get KO by round 6
Jack 1000
I heard that Chavez Jr.'s next voluntary will be Manfredo. Arum will not allow Chavez Jr. anywhere NEAR Martinez. Bob will push for Manfredo, Margarito, Cotto, and Mosley. Arum these days, never lets his fighters box outside his stable. Chavez Jr. is no where near ready for Martinez anyway. Waiting for a little while might be a good idea to allow Julio Jr. to develop his skills.

The only way that Martinez-Chavez Jr, ever happens, is if Chavez Jr. leaves Arum.

Jack
gravytrain
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jun 29 2011, 07:34 PM) *
I heard that Chavez Jr.'s next voluntary will be Manfredo. Arum will not allow Chavez Jr. anywhere NEAR Martinez. Bob will push for Manfredo, Margarito, Cotto, and Mosley. Arum these days, never lets his fighters box outside his stable. Chavez Jr. is no where near ready for Martinez anyway. Waiting for a little while might be a good idea to allow Julio Jr. to develop his skills.

The only way that Martinez-Chavez Jr, ever happens, is if Chavez Jr. leaves Arum.

Jack

no, i think Chavez Jr is never going to move beyond being a slugger. he'll always revert back to his old ways. like Margarito he'll be dominant, then when someone can crack that chin we'll see the decline.

i don't think Arum is doing anything other promoters wouldn't do, he's just in the position to do it. that and Mayweather/GBP have been bad with in house fights too. this isn't an Arum problem, it's a boxing problem. now it's like promoters just let their fighters set back and run up cheap victories until they're marketable enough then they push them into the spotlight.
P4pking313
Man Julio jr aint got no skill, n they say freddie roach a great trainer, not wit this guy, he get inside n dont throw no puches, he has no outside boxing skills, he like 6'0 feet, he cant beat sergio or alvarez, This guy is a joke. Bob arum iz a joke n he alone is a major reason the biggest fight in boxing is not being made.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (P4pking313 @ Jun 29 2011, 11:32 PM) *
Man Julio jr aint got no skill, n they say freddie roach a great trainer, not wit this guy, he get inside n dont throw no puches, he has no outside boxing skills, he like 6'0 feet, he cant beat sergio or alvarez, This guy is a joke. Bob arum iz a joke n he alone is a major reason the biggest fight in boxing is not being made.

I agree with you,

Chavez Jr. had trouble with Zibik. Chavez Jr. has struggled with just about everyone they have put him in against. He appeals to causal Mexican and Hispanic crowds because of his Father's legacy and to the WBC for the same reasons, that is all.

Martinez would murder Chavez Jr.

Jack
Hops
The same. Chavez will have trouble with Martinez. But he will win.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Hops @ Jun 30 2011, 04:33 AM) *
The same. Chavez will have trouble with Martinez. But he will win.

Wait Hops,

You think Chavez Jr will beat Martinez? Your post is a bit unclear. Sergio beats him down IMO, although I think Chavez Jr. will go down swinging. Too much of everything, especially with Sergio's power and experience.

Jack
Hops
Yes. Chavez will expose Martinez. This is just a classic case of an exposed guy exposing another guy.
TheFonz
QUOTE (Hops @ Jun 30 2011, 06:33 AM) *
Yes. Chavez will expose Martinez. This is just a classic case of an exposed guy exposing another guy.

I want some of whatever you smoke.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Hops @ Jun 30 2011, 05:33 AM) *

Wow!

So what do you think that Chavez Jr. can do better than Sergio to win? I mean, even if it went to the cards, I don't THINK the the judges could fuck this one up by robbing Sergio. because Martinez, once he finds the range and gets inside with the strength Chavez won't be able to hold him off. Chavez would be dominated from bell to bell and post to post. I can't see this even going past 8 rounds, before a mercy stoppage, and THAT is being generous to Julio Jr.

If somehow this went the full 12. Picture when Chavez Sr. beat the shit out of Camacho Sr. when they fought and I think one judge gave Hector two rounds. Now, make that same scenario with Sergio being Chavez Sr. and Chavez Jr. playing the part of Camacho Sr. That's the way I see Chavez Jr-Martinez happening. Chavez is about two years away, ability-wise, from being able to fight Sergio Martinez, and I don't even know if he would do all that much better in the future.

This is a massacre. Julio Jr. needs to fight some veteran guys who aren't a threat, but will provide him with some ring experience first.

Jack
TheFonz
Chavez Jr. wouldn't even be able to get past Paul William at this point how the fuck is he going to beat Martinez.
Cshel86
Sergio is a threat to any of these guys at Middleweight. He has way too much stamina and foot/body movement for Chavez. That big lazy dope came into the fight weighing 180 lbs so that he could better absorb Zbik's punches, even though Zbik lacks power anyway. He relied on the "Chavez body shot" to seal the deal, but he got hit waaay too much. Then the HBO staff (especially Max Kellerman) commenced to giving this dude the biggest blowjob during the interview, smh.

He uses his dad's name and legacy to move ahead, but this idiot never had an amateur career at all. He had ample amount of time to train and master the sport as he grew up, but instead, he just randomly wakes up one day and tells his dad that he wants to go pro. Sound like a spoiled child? Spoiled children never know the value of anything or the hard work required to achieve anything in life. They may wanna keep him away from these big name fighters until they are shot...thats the only way I see this guy getting ahead. Either that, or have a knock-down drag-out with a nobody and make it a trilogy.
King Eugene
If they ever fight Martinez will not only destroy Chavez Jr. but he'll ruin his confidence as well. I young kid getting outclassed and outmanned the first time he really stepped his comp up can affect you mentally.
Lil-lightsout
Chavez is garbage.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.