Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cloud calls Pascal out
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Fitz
http://www.boxingscene.com/tavoris-cloud-i...im-ready--40822

By Chris LaBate

IBF light heavyweight champion Tavoris Cloud is ready to face Jean Pascal. The bout is being rumored as a possible co-feature to the Bernard Hopkins-Chad Dawson showdown, which is going to take place on October 15th. Cloud returned on Saturday night and stopped Yusaf Mack in the eight round. Pascal was sitting ringside at the Family Arena in St. Charles, MO. Pascal is trying to regroup after going 1-1-1 in his last three fights, and Cloud is looking to add more big names to his record. After he disposed of Mack, Cloud sent a message to Pascal - "If hes ready, Im ready. Im ready for anybody.
BoxingWizard23
Can't wait. This fight will be a classic. I can feel it. Pascal is pretty funny when he's serious. "TAKE THE TEST BERNARD. JUST TAKE THE TEST" lol. Cloud by KO 11th
King Eugene
Cloud will try to make it a war with Pascal and Pascal throws BOMBS. Pascal stops Cloud.
Fitz
Cloud stops Pascal IMO Eugene.

From what I have seen, Cloud has a better chin and more durable. Pascal's chin is ok, but he has no stamina. I think he is a little fragile in the ring (physcially, not mentally) similar to Cotto. I think Cloud is all wrong for Pascal. I see this match up like Margarito and Cotto.
Close first half of the fight, but I think Pascal gets broken down and stopped late in the fight. I don't think Cloud is clearly a better fighter, but I think stylistically he is all wrong Pascal. Cloud looks too durable for Pascal, and it will come down to who breaks down first. For me, that will clearly be Pascal.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 29 2011, 05:10 AM) *
Cloud stops Pascal IMO Eugene.

From what I have seen, Cloud has a better chin and more durable. Pascal's chin is ok, but he has no stamina. I think he is a little fragile in the ring (physcially, not mentally) similar to Cotto. I think Cloud is all wrong for Pascal. I see this match up like Margarito and Cotto.
Close first half of the fight, but I think Pascal gets broken down and stopped late in the fight. I don't think Cloud is clearly a better fighter, but I think stylistically he is all wrong Pascal. Cloud looks too durable for Pascal, and it will come down to who breaks down first. For me, that will clearly be Pascal.

Nice breakdown and you may be right. I just think the reason Pascal looked that way was because he was in with Hopkins(besides the stamina). Pascal was beaten mentally before he stepped in the ring. Cloud is pretty damn durable. He went the distance with Johnson and that alone is a tall task. We'll have to see though, I have no doubts it'll be action packed though. Winner or loser should face Dawson should he lose to Hopkins.

Light Heavyweight is starting to look alright again.
JLUVBABY
thats a tough fight to call... cloud is a bomber and pascal has become a lot better fighter since his loss to froch... that and i think two fights vs hopkins has made him a better fighter even though i think he lost both... you dont fight that close even vs this aged hopkins and not come away with experience.. i can see pascal being able to deal with the bombs of cloud and coming away with a 116-112 type decision but i can also see cloud scoring some kd's in a fight that can be come closer... its a great fight if its made... has a lot of intrigue...
gravytrain
i think Cloud wins it down the stretch and takes him if it's neutral officials. at home Pascal wins with 116-112.
caneman
I think Cloud stops Pascal no matter where the fight is!
TheFonz
Cloud, Cloud, Cloud. This kid is the real deal! He reminds me of Marvin Hagler.
blackbelt2003
Cloud is the sleeper of the division.

If he can get his shots vs Hopkins or Dawson, he becomes the new man of the light-heavyweight division.

Hopkins-Dawson, Cloud-Pascal, winners and losers meet four months afterwards.

Black
HaydelHammer
They need to ink this puppy. I been waiting a couple years for this one.

Will be an all out WAR. Throw technical shit out the window. BOMBS will be getting thrown here.
King Eugene
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Jun 29 2011, 12:25 PM) *
They need to ink this puppy. I been waiting a couple years for this one.

Will be an all out WAR. Throw technical shit out the window. BOMBS will be getting thrown here.

For this fight that is exactly what I want to see. I'd be upset if it actually went pass the 6th round. laugh.gif

When some guys fight it just should NOT go the distance.
neophyte7
Cloud is sturdy, but I noticed the not very imposing Mack buzz him a few times.. Pascal could bomb his out if he thinks he can just walk him down with no regard!!! Pascal buzzed iron chin Hopkins Cloud better be cautious
TheFonz
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jul 1 2011, 02:34 PM) *
Cloud is sturdy, but I noticed the not very imposing Mack buzz him a few times.. Pascal could bomb his out if he thinks he can just walk him down with no regard!!! Pascal buzzed iron chin Hopkins Cloud better be cautious

Cloud is going to fuck Pascal up plain and simple.
neophyte7
stopped in his tracks is a more appropriate expression
caneman
I think Cloud will chop down Pascal in the same way he did Mack, I got Cloud inside of 8 rounds!
TheFonz
QUOTE (caneman @ Jul 2 2011, 08:03 PM) *
I think Cloud will chop down Pascal in the same way he did Mack, I got Cloud inside of 8 rounds!

Yup, on the bandwagon with this kid.
caneman
QUOTE (TheFonz @ Jul 2 2011, 08:35 PM) *
Yup, on the bandwagon with this kid.

Truth is Cloud isn't great @ this point but he is very good @ what he does and can adapt as well! He is kinda like Cory Spinks, like him or not, he is very good @ what he does! Not to compared him to Cory. more just saying and if think about it, it's very true!
neophyte7
Pascal has been the distance with Dawson an Hopkins twice.. I don't see clout tearing him down in 8 rounds... Pascal was just taken to school by a legend.. Hopkins who naturally would big up Pascal, said Pascal has some tools. Really he buzzed iron chinned BHOP and only BHOPS great skill, chin, and defense, allowed him to survive those moments.Cloud should not underestimate the power of Pascal and also what he has learned if anything from the last 24 rounds with Hopkins
caneman
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jul 2 2011, 09:29 PM) *
Pascal has been the distance with Dawson an Hopkins twice.. I don't see clout tearing him down in 8 rounds... Pascal was just taken to school by a legend.. Hopkins who naturally would big up Pascal, said Pascal has some tools. Really he buzzed iron chinned BHOP and only BHOPS great skill, chin, and defense, allowed him to survive those moments.Cloud should not underestimate the power of Pascal and also what he has learned if anything from the last 24 rounds with Hopkins

IF the fight happens, wanna sig bet?
gravytrain
i think Cloud pot shots him for 12 rounds and wins. if they fight in Canada Cloud will lose on the cards so i'm waiting before i make a prediction on it.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
I guess it depends on whether the Hopkins curse has hit Pascal. I'm thinking as long as you don't get beat senseless a fight with Hopkins could be a great learning experience and he was competitive. However in almost every single case these guys come out ruined.

I'll go upset and say Pascal.
caneman
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 3 2011, 05:05 AM) *
I guess it depends on whether the Hopkins curse has hit Pascal. I'm thinking as long as you don't get beat senseless a fight with Hopkins could be a great learning experience and he was competitive. However in almost every single case these guys come out ruined.

I'll go upset and say Pascal.

I think the main problem is Ollie, that Pascal fades BADLY as the fight goes on and Cloud builds up stream and by round 4 would be stream rolling Pascal into the ground...the real question is would Pascal go out on his shield or not! Not that it would matter cause it would/will be over inside of 8!
neophyte7
Leading up to second bout with Hopkins.. Pascal hinted to not training like other boxers??? Whatever training regimen he has he better change it to get better stamina... the guy begins to look like a diabetic in their after 4 rounds
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.