Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: KIMBO SLICE BOXING DEBUT
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
PColeman28
Do you guys feel Kimbo Slice will make a better carrer in boxing than he did in MMA/UFC? I saw kimbo slice's fights on youtube and they were cool, i saw his mma fights but it seemed he tried too hard to be on the ground trying to prove he was more than just a hard puncher and that he had a ground game...ultimately mma carrer wasn't long...personally idk if at near 40 years old he can make a real good run in boxing. He will be fighting in the heavy weight division which isn't too strong, but still i doubt he could make a dent the divison.
BoxingWizard23
I think he'll do better based on his fighting ability and his punching power and he doesn't have to use his feet as far as much more. He'll be a bit fast but his punching power will make things a bit exciting and his chin isn't questioned because he got dropped from only kicks not punches. Kimbo should do better but he won't win any belts at his age and transitioning from different sports at his age will take a toll on him. He should bring a bit of excitement in the sport but he won't beat the likes of Sam Peter, Chambers, Arreola, and even Povetkin.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jun 30 2011, 06:35 PM) *
I think he'll do better based on his fighting ability and his punching power and he doesn't have to use his feet as far as much more. He'll be a bit fast but his punching power will make things a bit exciting and his chin isn't questioned because he got dropped from only kicks not punches. Kimbo should do better but he won't win any belts at his age and transitioning from different sports at his age will take a toll on him. He should bring a bit of excitement in the sport but he won't beat the likes of Sam Peter, Chambers, Arreola, and even Povetkin.

Even Povetkin? I cant believe you are throwing the word even in there. Not that I rate Povetkin highly, but there is not even a shadow of doubt in my mind that every one of those fighters does some serious, serious damage to Kimbo.
JONdaCON817
He's gonna be the next Butterbean. All power no endurance. Lol

Skillfull
He has no stamina. He wont go 4 rounds.
Maxy
PColeman...you're a cunt.

Get yourself over to the Haye-Klitschko thread and share your opinion on two real world class heavyweights.

You never know, you might redeem yourself.
PColeman28
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jun 30 2011, 11:57 AM) *
PColeman...you're a cunt.

Get yourself over to the Haye-Klitschko thread and share your opinion on two real world class heavyweights.

You never know, you might redeem yourself.

HAHA
BGv2.0
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jun 30 2011, 01:05 PM) *
Even Povetkin? I cant believe you are throwing the word even in there. Not that I rate Povetkin highly, but there is not even a shadow of doubt in my mind that every one of those fighters does some serious, serious damage to Kimbo.

lol....I noticed that too.

I would have put Peter and Arreola AFTER the "even"....

Povetkin is a very capable, talented young HW, Chambers has speed and skills.

Kimbo Slice is a snake oil salesman of the highest degree. The guy really is a F'N mastermind. My understanding is that he has saved his money (or bread) very well and will be set for life when he calls it a day....not like your typical boxer.

He saved money from his MMA stint....will now move the circus to the Pro-Boxing arena....will make tons of cash there before the inevitable beat down loss to a B+-A fighter...not even a champion....someone like Peter or Valuev or some other such fighter.

Then can retire by 50. Set for life.

Good for him!

Her eis an old man tired of being broke so he uses the net to inflate himself to the point of making money in both the MMA and Pro Boxing arenas...then retires witha wad of cash and very little damage....

Pure genious!
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jun 30 2011, 09:54 PM) *
lol....I noticed that too.

I would have put Peter and Arreola AFTER the "even"....

Povetkin is a very capable, talented young HW, Chambers has speed and skills.

Kimbo Slice is a snake oil salesman of the highest degree. The guy really is a F'N mastermind. My understanding is that he has saved his money (or bread) very well and will be set for life when he calls it a day....not like your typical boxer.

He saved money from his MMA stint....will now move the circus to the Pro-Boxing arena....will make tons of cash there before the inevitable beat down loss to a B+-A fighter...not even a champion....someone like Peter or Valuev or some other such fighter.

Then can retire by 50. Set for life.

Good for him!

Her eis an old man tired of being broke so he uses the net to inflate himself to the point of making money in both the MMA and Pro Boxing arenas...then retires witha wad of cash and very little damage....

Pure genious!

Im glad someone else was thinkin the same. I almost didnt reply cos I thought such a comment could only be the work of a troll or a fuckin clown.

Anyone with an ounce of savvy knows that you would probably have to go outside the top 50 rated heavies before you found someone Kimbo had the slightest punchers chance of beating.

Also, regarding Kimbos KD's in boxinglizards post, I could be wrong cos I couldnt find a vid with a decent slowmo replay, but didnt Seth Petruzelli dump him on his arse with a jab whilst going backwards? It was hard to see and I didnt have time to research but that stuck in my mind
gravytrain
i think this guy made a career out of fighting chumps in a parking lot then went to MMA and lost whenever he fought someone with a pulse. now he'll be the savior of the HW division until he fights Nagy Aguilera and gets his ass kicked.

Nay_Sayer
I doubt that Slice could stay on his feet for one round with a good middleweight...
D-MARV
Zuri Lawrence would knock Slice the fuck out!

I can't believe this is a fucking topic. No true boxing fan would ever consider Slice a legitimate contender.
D-MARV
Let me save you guys a whole bunch of time...
Check out the 33 second mark!

Get the fuck out of here!
King Eugene
I'm trying to figure out why all the hate for Slice? All the dude wants to do is fight. Not once have I seen him in the media or press boasting about how bad of a mofo he is or any of the stuff the cocky and arrogant fighters do. He actually seems pretty humble. The only time I seen him talking trash was before the Tank Abbot fight. Other than that he's doing what most fighters wont do and thats fight.

dntknw.gif
Maybe its just me...

Hell to tell you the truth you could almost make a movie on Slice. Dude fought his way up from the streets to the big leagues. Was he succesful once he got there? HELL NO but guess what....he's not on the streets anymore. If a movie was made I'd end it after the Tank Abbot fight though. laugh.gif
D-MARV
I don't have a problem with Kimbo himself... I just have an issue with anyone who thinks he can be a contender!

Paulie Malignaggi would have Kimbo on queer street!
King Eugene
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jun 30 2011, 09:41 PM) *
I don't have a problem with Kimbo himself... I just have an issue with anyone who thinks he can be a contender!

Paulie Malignaggi would have Kimbo on queer street!

HAHAHAHAHA now thats pushing it laugh.gif
D-MARV
Shit, Now that I think about it... I like Kimbo! He does come across as a humble guy. He just can't take a punch.
King Eugene
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jun 30 2011, 09:46 PM) *
Shit, Now that I think about it... I like Kimbo! He does come across as a humble guy. He just can't take a punch.

...for shit!
gravytrain
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Jun 30 2011, 09:37 PM) *
I'm trying to figure out why all the hate for Slice? All the dude wants to do is fight. Not once have I seen him in the media or press boasting about how bad of a mofo he is or any of the stuff the cocky and arrogant fighters do. He actually seems pretty humble. The only time I seen him talking trash was before the Tank Abbot fight. Other than that he's doing what most fighters wont do and thats fight.

dntknw.gif
Maybe its just me...

Hell to tell you the truth you could almost make a movie on Slice. Dude fought his way up from the streets to the big leagues. Was he succesful once he got there? HELL NO but guess what....he's not on the streets anymore. If a movie was made I'd end it after the Tank Abbot fight though. laugh.gif

i can respect how he used Youtube to really get himself out there and start making money, i just don't respect any gimmick fighter. that and he's going to come into the sport with a lot of attention on him since he's coming over from MMA and is already well known. this sport has enough hype jobs, it doesn't need another one.

that and if he beats someone that's like 0-20 MMA cats will say "a MMA fighter just whooped a boxer again!"
King Eugene
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jun 30 2011, 10:04 PM) *
i can respect how he used Youtube to really get himself out there and start making money, i just don't respect any gimmick fighter. that and he's going to come into the sport with a lot of attention on him since he's coming over from MMA and is already well known. this sport has enough hype jobs, it doesn't need another one.

that and if he beats someone that's like 0-20 MMA cats will say "a MMA fighter just whooped a boxer again!"

Smart and knowledgeable fans dont pay that BS any attention. We know the deal.

The sport would be boring without hype jobs.....we love to watch them lose.
Lil-lightsout
Only a short matter of time before someone KO's him.
Lil-lightsout
So so many scrubs, bums, tomato cans he could be fed to boost his record kind of like Butterbean. But in reality the first guy with an ounce of skill that connects will stop him. So it depends who he fights and how he is matched will determine how he fairs in boxing. I mean the first time he got iced in MMA I believe was from a scrub who KO'd him from a little punch. Had nothing to do with MMA that night, guy hit him while they were both in stand up.
STEVENSKI
He is a hype job but he is not claiming to be all that & a bag of chips. He seems like a pretty humble dude who is handy withhis fists & has parlayed that into making some money. Good for him but he will never amount to anything in the boxing world & even he knows that.
BigG
Let Kimbo cash out he's 37 with little skill and speed but he's fights are kinda exciting.
AussieLad
I dont expect to see Kimbo in against any stiff opposition in the near future. He may pull some cash with a couple of careful matchups, based on his name.

As for his chin being solid?

Here he is suffering one of the gayest KO's ever. And people who have read anything about his opponent, they will understand the gay remark.

mrwigi
shuld be at the very least somewhat entertaining.
BGv2.0
So I guess this means we will be seeing a clean shaven Kimbo.....because that Fro-Beard crap is not going to fly in Pro-Boxing.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.