Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CHAD DAWSON IS DELUSIONAL
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
neophyte7
Chad Dawson sounds over confident in describing his upcoming bout against Bernard Hopkins... the guy who has looked like utter crap recently says he "knows" he is going to win.. it is the SAME OLD BERNARD HOPKINS... and that Pascal lost because he didn't use his YOUTH on HOPKINS???

So tell me how the drab and dull Dawson who obviously thinks he is better than he is is going to use his Youth against Hopkins... I hope Dawson comes forward agressively.. Hopkins eats South Paws and always.. straight right hand city all night...

Dawson has talent and tools.. but he is over and underestimating by what I have read thus far!!!
mrwigi
Yea, he may be a little delusional. Hopkins will teach him a thing or two. I'm just intrigued to see how Dawson will do with the three belts on the line.

I have said for a long time, Chad has all the tools to dominate almost every fighter he faces. With that being said, the one thing that he seems to be missing is heart.
mrwigi
Yea, he may be a little delusional. Hopkins will teach him a thing or two. I'm just intrigued to see how Dawson will do with the three belts on the line.

I have said for a long time, Chad has all the tools to dominate almost every fighter he faces. With that being said, the one thing that he seems to be missing is heart.
JONdaCON817
Maybe he feels a bit of confidence arising from that empty void he has were his heart should be..

Maybe hes drunk talkin... lol

mrwigi
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Jul 1 2011, 03:58 PM) *
Maybe he feels a bit of confidence arising from that empty void he has were his heart should be..

Maybe hes drunk talkin... lol

HAHA.... I posted in an earlier thread, I remember once, he tested positive for marijuana. Maybe he took another toke..lol
E.C.LEGEND
Sounds like he's hyping the fight to me. I personally think he's going to win dominantly. You know how Taylor was beating Hopkins the first six rounds of each of their fights? Dawson is going to do that better, but for the whole fight.
KookedKrack
Would you prefer that he says "I know I'm going to lose."?
D-MARV
Is this thread a joke? Dawson has no heart? What is Dawson suppose to say?

LMAO... Dawson will win and win clearly.
jlupi
Dawson will win and win clearly.>>>>

I agree
mrwigi
Dont get me wrong. I'm a big fan of Chad. Like I said, i believe he has the tools to dominate pretty much every opponent he faces. With that said, he lacks that "instinct" that you see in boxers that take them from being good fighters t great ones.
Method
Chad's gonna eat jailhouse rights ALL DAY LONG. Chad dont have the skills to beat Hopkins. IMO.
TheFonz
B-Hop is going to bring out the Chad Dawson that we have all been waiting to see.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (TheFonz @ Jul 1 2011, 05:01 PM) *
B-Hop is going to bring out the Chad Dawson that we have all been waiting to see.

I don't thin that Chad Dawson exists.
neophyte7
Exactly... Dawson is a veteran. He has been around and has pretty much peaked.
JONdaCON817
i still think Chad Beats him.. his endurance should be enough to pull off atleast a SD..
TheFonz
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 1 2011, 06:04 PM) *
I don't thin that Chad Dawson exists.

I remember what Chad did in the fight with Adamek. That Chad Dawson most certainly exists....
jlupi
Bernard avoided chad in the past for a reason. At this stage the speed will be a problem. His Pascal win made him think otherwise but his first instincts will be proved correct.
gravytrain
i think Hopkins might catch Dawson at a good time and win it like that. before the Pascal fight for both fighters i think Dawson would have beat him by landing more clean shots, now Hopkins is trying get it in like Mike Tyson at a Miss Black America pageant and Dawson looks unfocused.

now i think Hopkins parries a lot of Dawson's shots, sets traps and lands clean shots, works the body in close and frustrates Dawson on the way to a UD by a few point. i think if Dawson is in there without that fire to win and is looking bored like he's with his tuneup Hopkins will just school him.
Method
QUOTE (jlupi @ Jul 2 2011, 10:53 AM) *
Bernard avoided chad in the past for a reason. At this stage the speed will be a problem. His Pascal win made him think otherwise but his first instincts will be proved correct.

The fight never got made before because there was ABSOLUTELY ZERO MONEY IN IT. Why the fck you think Schaefer was goin to look for loopholes to avoid it now? Dawson is DRAB. there NO money in this fight. Has nothin to do w Dawson.

Dawson's speed ain't faster than Pascal's, and Bhop dealt w that just fine. Dawson is gonna get schooled. Bernard will camp out inside and fuck him up.

Chad has zip for ex.
P4pking313
He will kill bernard, Hopkins been duckin dawson for to long, watch wat i say i wont even be close.
BoxingFan86
I can't wait for Hopkins to punish this dude.
neophyte7
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Jul 2 2011, 03:12 PM) *
I can't wait for Hopkins to punish this dude.

Yeah.. I recall in Chad's 1st fight against Glenn Johnson the relatively average right hand of JOhnson was able to do some damage. Hopkins has one of the best timed right hands all time. The right has sent Chad to the Canvas... One thing I notice about Chad is that he gets in a groove and he flurries well.. stylish yet many of those flurries don't land cleanly---he was credited for demolishing Johnson in fight 2 yet many of the punches in those flurries were not landing flush and Johnson's underrated defense was able to block many) Dawson did win bout 2 with JOhnson however. My point is the Chad Dawson is very beatable... He has no reason to sound so "over confident" based upon his recent state in the game. He sounds as arrogant as Tito Trinidad did against Hopkins did years ago. Hopkins is still here with enough in the tank physically and more than enough mentally to get the job done against a talented yet underachieving and mentally frail Dawson...
Really, there is something in Dawson's game that seems amateurish and that is why he is not all that he is cracked up to be...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.