Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UFC 132
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
Warlord
Wow!!! Tito Ortiz just rocked Ryan Bader and choked him out with a guilottine in the first. Wow.
Warlord
Matt Wiman vs. Dennis Siver coming up next. I'm going to sleep on this ring music.

Did anyone see Carlos Condit land that flying knee on Dong Hyun Kim? Pretty nice knee, though I hate to see it, especially with Kim coming out to the Pride theme.
Warlord
Good first, I'll give it to Siver because he won the stand-up, and there was no effective ground work by either fighter.
Warlord
Big 2nd round for Wiman, maybe 10-8, landed some huge elbows from top position and bloodying up Siver.
Warlord
Siver's got an EXCELLENT cutman. You don't see that often anymore.
Warlord
Siver took the 3rd, a draw on my cards because of the 10-8 round. The UFC judges will give it to Wiman for ineffectual takedowns in the 1st and 3rd.
Warlord
Siver took it! And he deserved it. Judges must've scored the second 10-9, giving Siver the 1st and 3rd. Good job Siver, good job judges. Fuck the fans.
Warlord
Fuck those classless fans. Good job Dennis Siver.
Warlord
Can't believe we're not getting more traffic here. Wanderlei Silva vs. Chris Leben is coming up in MINUTES. This as as close to a gauranteed barn-burner as you can get in fighting.
Warlord
Heart leans towards Silva, but something is nagging me about Leben. That kid always shows up.
Warlord
Fans have been waiting for this one for a long time. Come on Silva!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Warlord
Chris is already beating himself up in the corner while he waits for Wanderlei.
Warlord
Wanderlei looking a little dry. I don't like that.
Thegreatequalizer
QUOTE (Warlord @ Jul 2 2011, 10:18 PM) *
Can't believe we're not getting more traffic here. Wanderlei Silva vs. Chris Leben is coming up in MINUTES. This as as close to a gauranteed barn-burner as you can get in fighting.

yeah, this is about as close to a guaranteed exciting fight as you can get.
Warlord
Wanderlei smiling. Don't like that either. What happened to the Axe Murderer? War Silva!!!!!!!!!!!
Warlord
Leben wins it.
Warlord
I love Wanderlei, but this is it. He should hang them up. The fire is gone. He's a nice guy, awesome guy, all-time great, but I think its time. Thanks for all the memories, Wanderlei.
Warlord
I hope Cruz wipes his ass with Faber.
D-MARV
Im far from a MMA fan but my hope is that I can see a real fight tonight! I still have a bitter taste in my mouth from that shit I watched earlier.
Warlord
Lot of wasted energy in RD 1, but I thin Faber will take it for actually landing a punch or two.
Warlord
Cruz is bouncing around the octagon like a fucking pinball, but he ain't landing shit.
Warlord
Cruz takes the 2nd in the last minute by landing a hard shot, getting the takedown, and finishing with another hard shot there at the end.
Warlord
Cruz starting to find his range now, landing some of his best shots of the fight here in round 3. Faber's slowing due to Cruz's energy, and he's starting to get desperate. He needs to shoot for a takedown and run it until he gets it, the way Josh Koscheck does.

Cruz up 30-28.
Warlord
Faber's a fucking idiot. Every time Cruz moves forward, Faber steps back. He should shoot every time Cruz presses, otherwise he's gonna be left doing what he's been doing, punching at fucking air.
Warlord
I give it to Cruz 49-46, assuming the Faber won the first.
Warlord
Sorry D-Marv, I guess you won't be blessed with a good fight tonight. You know it isn't a good sign when the most exciting moment of the night came in a Tito Ortiz fight.
Warlord
Cruz takes it 50-45, 49-46, and 48-47. Don't agree with the last card, but overall I think the judging was fantastic tonight. Good, good shit from the judges, which I know for a fact I've never had the luxury of saying before.
kidbazooka1
Wow Condit and Ortiz looked awesome that flying knee was a thing of beauty and Ortiz saved his career with a very good win.

Don't know how much Tito has left but he was one of the guys that got me into the sport along wiht Vitor back in 97' with UFC 13 good to see him get a nice win.

I feel bad for my boy Silva man he just doesn't have anymore well it's actually been a while i hope he decides to hang em up now.

Cruz is a crafty SOB he may not be the most excting fighter but he knows how to win.

Overall good card IMO.
bosco
I swear I never want to see Cruz fight again...all that dancing around pissed me off so I can image how Saber felt. It looked kinda fancy at first then it just got ridiculous. I WILL NEVER WATCH CRUZ FIGHT AGAIN!!
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (bosco @ Jul 3 2011, 06:35 PM) *
I swear I never want to see Cruz fight again...all that dancing around pissed me off so I can image how Saber felt. It looked kinda fancy at first then it just got ridiculous. I WILL NEVER WATCH CRUZ FIGHT AGAIN!!

Are you by any chance from Sac Town? lol

Cruz fought the way he always fights it may not be for everyone but there's no debating that he's a skillfull lil guy.

I rather watch Cruz move n and out and land a three punch combo than watching Couture's ass just hold a guy against the fense for three rds and ppl calling it "dirty boxing" hahaha.
Warlord
I personally don't like Cruz's style either. It reminds me of Frankie Edgar, whom I also despise. Cruz as a person I have no problem with, in fact I was pulling for him to beat Faber.

But I do hope that, in the future, Dana White no longer tries to make guys like Edgar and Cruz main eventers. No one wants to see a 5 round track meet.
bosco
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Jul 3 2011, 11:28 PM) *
Are you by any chance from Sac Town? lol

Cruz fought the way he always fights it may not be for everyone but there's no debating that he's a skillfull lil guy.

I rather watch Cruz move n and out and land a three punch combo than watching Couture's ass just hold a guy against the fense for three rds and ppl calling it "dirty boxing" hahaha.

That was the first time I saw Cruz fight..(and last) and I can imagine he might look good beating someone who can't handle movement like that but against a quick seasoned fighter its a snore fest. When someone fights like that it normally means they can give it but can't take it but this guy does need to stay on the under card I wasted 25 minutes of my life watching he do his little shimmy in there
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.