Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: David Haye wants rematch
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
FightHypeRules
lol.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011/jul/0...itschko-rematch

David Haye would "love" a rematch with Wladimir Klitschko following his unanimous points defeat to the Ukrainian and has hinted that he may now delay retirement as it would be disappointing to go out on a defeat.

Haye, who claimed afterwards he had a broken a toe in training three weeks before the bout, said: "I'd love to fight him 100% healthy. What I want and what I might get are different things. Even with the injury that I had, even being sub-par, I still managed to rock him a couple of times. At no stage was I out on my feet. He hit me with some of his best shots a lot of people said Wladimir is going to hit [me] on the chin, they said [it] would guarantee I would get knocked out. I've proved that I'm a genuine heavyweight champion. I took the shots and lost on points so I no longer hold my [WBA] title.

"But I proved a lot of people wrong and yes, I'd love a rematch, of course I would. He said he could knock me out and I'd love him to give it a go. If he couldn't knock me out with one leg, pretty much, how about when I'm [fit]?"

Asked about the prospect of a rematch Klitschko, who won by a clear 117-109, 118-108 and 116-110 margin, said: "I definitely didn't expect another answer [regarding Haye's desire for a second go]. Next time I'll knock [him] out. It is a logical question, who is going to be the next opponent?"

Klitschko now holds the IBO, IBF, WBO, WBA and Ring magazine belts while his elder brother, Vitali, holds the WBC version. Although the negotiations for Haye and Wladimir to finally fight were agonised, the lack of other credible heavyweights in the division may enhance the Bermondsey fighter's prospects of a rematch.

Klitschko added: "I would say: 'Who is out there to fight?' If you take the bible of boxing, Ring magazine, and see who is the pound-for-pound champion, who is their No1? Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather. So probably I would call Manny Pacquiao out to fight me laugh.gif but it's a mismatch because of the size [difference]. I'm not ready now to answer any questions if there's going to be a rematch with David Haye."

Haye had planned to retire on his 31st birthday, 13 October. He said: "Losing wasn't an option for me, I never anticipated losing at all, it wasn't part of my plan. So I'm going to have a good think about what I'm going to do next. I've always said I was going to retire in October, and I'll have to have a really good think about it.

"It'd be disappointing to finish on a loss particularly when I know I wasn't firing on all cylinders. Wladimir is one of the biggest punchers in the world, and considering I was 30lbs lighter than him he should have put me away."

While Haye and Adam Booth, his trainer and manager, stated they were unsure how precisely he injured the toe, Klitschko criticised him for speaking about the injury following the contest. After hearing about the problem for the first time, the 35-year-old said: "I give him advice. Never say anything right now in the way of a broken toe: it's called a sore loser. It doesn't matter what you say, in the public eye it won't look good. I could pull out certain things as well, but in my experience it's definitely wrong to do that."

Klitschko's view found a consensus among the boxing fraternity. While Frank Bruno, a former WBC heavyweight champion, stated Haye should not have fought with the injury, Frank Warren branded him a "cry baby". The promoter said: "He shouldn't be in the fight if he had a broken toe. Why be a cry baby after the event? It's ridiculous. When your title's on the line you've got to give your all and he just didn't do that. I thought it was quite embarrassing. You'd think he'd be a bit more gracious in defeat."
SENTRAL
Highly unlikely Haye will get a rematch off the back of such a woeful effort and couple that with his little toe excuse (which has seen him laughed at around the world) and I don't see how the networks would have any interest in it.
caneman
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Jul 3 2011, 09:01 AM) *
Highly unlikely Haye will get a rematch off the back of such a woeful effort and couple that with his little toe excuse (which has seen him laughed at around the world) and I don't see how the networks would have any interest in it.

For realz, if he don't really bring it it would be another boring fight! And girl, not to be harassing or anything but if that's really you, I'd love to see a powerful clit! oops my bad! Just saying though!
Hops
Mosley type excuse. At least Mosley showed his blisters.
BigG
Haye should earn it. Fight Eddie Chambers next. I'd like to see what he can do vs. Vitali.
FightHypeRules
I wouldn't mind seeing a Haye vs. Adamek fight. That's about it though.
Maxy
The media over here have been taking the piss out of Haye all day long. They've had phone in shows on the radio dedicated to things such as "the worst excuse ever" and pundits asking the question, "would you pay to see them fight again?" The resounding answer is a no. Journalists have been ripping into him, ex pro's have been dishing the stick and fans in general (if they're not crying over being conned by Haye AGAIN) have been calling him everything under the sun whilst laughing at the fella.

No way David Haye is gonna get a rematch here and he knows it in his heart. If he wants one then he'll just have to earn one and get back in line. With retirement supposedly just around the corner it's not gonna happen.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jul 3 2011, 10:33 AM) *
The media over here have been taking the piss out of Haye all day long. They've had phone in shows on the radio dedicated to things such as "the worst excuse ever" and pundits asking the question, "would you pay to see them fight again?" The resounding answer is a no. Journalists have been ripping into him, ex pro's have been dishing the stick and fans in general (if they're not crying over being conned by Haye AGAIN) have been calling him everything under the sun whilst laughing at the fella.

No way David Haye is gonna get a rematch here and he knows it in his heart. If he wants one then he'll just have to earn one and get back in line. With retirement supposedly just around the corner it's not gonna happen.

he really does deserve it. even if he did get a rematch it would be purely a money fight and he would bring the same fight to the ring as the first time. he would be laughing all the way to the bank again too. i think Chisora would have put up a better effort than Haye did.
Maxy
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 3 2011, 11:16 AM) *
he really does deserve it. even if he did get a rematch it would be purely a money fight and he would bring the same fight to the ring as the first time. he would be laughing all the way to the bank again too. i think Chisora would have put up a better effort than Haye did.

The really disappointing thing about all of this is that Haye has been responsible for bringing massive interest back to the sport of boxing in England. Casual fans gave him a pass for the Harrison debacle but bought into the 3 years of talking for last nights fight. He successfully managed to attract new fans to the sport and that was nothing but a brilliant thing.

However, he has now undone all that work with his lame effort last night but he made things so much worse for himself with that crappy excuse. Instead of talking positively about boxing the casual fan is now laughing at it. That hurts and Haye is to blame.
neophyte7
David Haye is a bitch... this guy talked soooo much and did soooo little... there should be a rule on purse deductions for motherfuckers selling wolf tickets like Haye did...
Method
Youy know what? If he wasnt 100%, he shoulda pulled out. Period. End of story. I have broken that same toe before, and it IS debilitating. IF his toe was busted, and from the twitter pic, it really looks like it was, then he shoulda pulled the fuck out. All the shit that he talked, and listening to all his rhetoric leading up to the fight, he was unflappable in his assertion he was in the best shape and ready to rumble. He owed it to his fans, whoever they are, to postpone and heal up. There's no WAY he gets a rematch. NO WAY IN HELL.

The one big punch Wlad landed on him in what, the third round, Haye tyook real well and showed great balance on. Was the only real big punch Wlad landed. The size differential is just too much. Wlad looked pathetic though. The whole affair was kinda pathetic.
caneman
QUOTE (Method @ Jul 3 2011, 11:16 AM) *
Youy know what? If he wasnt 100%, he shoulda pulled out. Period. End of story. I have broken that same toe before, and it IS debilitating. IF his toe was busted, and from the twitter pic, it really looks like it was, then he shoulda pulled the fuck out. All the shit that he talked, and listening to all his rhetoric leading up to the fight, he was unflappable in his assertion he was in the best shape and ready to rumble. He owed it to his fans, whoever they are, to postpone and heal up. There's no WAY he gets a rematch. NO WAY IN HELL.

The one big punch Wlad landed on him in what, the third round, Haye tyook real well and showed great balance on. Was the only real big punch Wlad landed. The size differential is just too much. Wlad looked pathetic though. The whole affair was kinda pathetic.

What's his twitter ID...I'd like to see it but I totally agree!
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Method @ Jul 3 2011, 12:16 PM) *

Yup, I agree... No excuses. After saying that, I wouldnt mind a rematch. I think Wlad was challenged and was hit harder and cleaner than in any of his recent fights. Haye, although smallish was a worthy challenger. I'd like to see them do it again. Who else can Wlad fight, that will bring him some competition??
gravytrain
QUOTE (caneman @ Jul 3 2011, 12:20 PM) *

mrdavidhaye
caneman
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 3 2011, 11:41 AM) *
mrdavidhaye

thanks, but already seen it now!
HazConvictedFelonMane
If David Haye is serious about retirement, he should consider being a promoter. He'd be a good promoter and I'm sure he can do good business with Khan, Hatton, and other companies is the united kingdom. Golden Boy Promotions seems to be able to do good business with every other company other than Top Rank. Today's fighters will become tomorrow's promoters. If it's something that will better the sport of boxing, I'm all for it. Cheers to David Haye. He came up short, but he got that 50/50. The fight was pretty much what I expected to be. The only thing that surprised me, was the fact that David Haye didn't get knocked out. I favor weightclasses from 122, to 175. Watching 40 second PPVs are a rip off to me.
gravytrain
QUOTE (caneman @ Jul 3 2011, 12:46 PM) *
thanks, but already seen it now!

it probably wasn't even that bad in the ring, Haye probably had his trainer hit it with a hammer a few times for the pic lol.
caneman
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 3 2011, 12:13 PM) *
it probably wasn't even that bad in the ring, Haye probably had his trainer hit it with a hammer a few times for the pic lol.

Years ago I played a football game with a broke pinky toe, played both sides of the ball without missing a play and did it for the next 3 weeks as well! Whatever huh?
gravytrain
QUOTE (caneman @ Jul 3 2011, 01:32 PM) *
Years ago I played a football game with a broke pinky toe, played both sides of the ball without missing a play and did it for the next 3 weeks as well! Whatever huh?

you must have been on something. where was OSDT when it's needed?

caneman
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 3 2011, 01:07 PM) *
you must have been on something. where was OSDT when it's needed?

I would have failed for weed! lolz
Jack 1000
I will never watch a David Haye fight again, even for free! Fuck him and is non-effort last night. Oh, what a minute, we have to show sympathy? He broke his little itty-bitty-toe!!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

No Rematch. Retire David, you loud-mouth over-hyped POS!

Jack

gravytrain
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 3 2011, 02:15 PM) *
I will never watch a David Haye fight again, even for free! Fuck him and is non-effort last night. Oh, what a minute, we have to show sympathy? He broke his little itty-bitty-toe!!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

No Rematch. Retire David, you loud-mouth over-hyped POS!

Jack

if i thought a healthy foot would change something i wouldn't mind it since it's the best HW fight out there, after Haye everyone is too scared or not ready for Wlad. personally i would like to see him in the ring with Vitali because Vitali will kick his ass. the problem is Haye got out of this fight with pretty minimal damage so he's probably hoping to get another big payday before calling it quits. fuck him and a rematch because it's not needed, Wlad clearly won and Haye didn't deliver on anything.

i would pay for a HBO PPV to see this cat against Vitali, Vitali will knock the braids off of this cat.
Method
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 3 2011, 02:21 PM) *
if i thought a healthy foot would change something i wouldn't mind it since it's the best HW fight out there, after Haye everyone is too scared or not ready for Wlad.

Like I said, I have broken that toe before, and it limits a LOT of what you can do, physically. Every time you step on the balls of your feet your toes bend back and it hurts like fuck. I couldnt run for weeks, and it hurts just to walk. I saw pics of Haye's foot, and that toe definitely was blown up twice the size of the other, but who the fuck knows. He sure as hell talked like he was ready for war. If his toe was broken (IF?), he should have postponed the fight. That's his own fucking mistake. Rematch. Dont rematch. I could care fucking less. The division sucks donkey dick.
Method
QUOTE (caneman @ Jul 3 2011, 12:20 PM) *

Twitter page:
http://twitter.com/#!/mrdavidhaye

Pic of the fucked up right toe...
http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg615/scaled.ph...0&ysize=640

I am in no way whatsoever trying to stick up for Haye. I laid money on Wlad to stop him. Im just relating my own personal experience of doing the same thing to the same toe. Its debilitating. I couldnt run on mine, let alone walk normal without feeling it. I have no idea what it would be like to try and fight. He looked to be moving around ok to me, so who knows.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Method @ Jul 3 2011, 04:10 PM) *
Like I said, I have broken that toe before, and it limits a LOT of what you can do, physically. Every time you step on the balls of your feet your toes bend back and it hurts like fuck. I couldnt run for weeks, and it hurts just to walk. I saw pics of Haye's foot, and that toe definitely was blown up twice the size of the other, but who the fuck knows. He sure as hell talked like he was ready for war. If his toe was broken (IF?), he should have postponed the fight. That's his own fucking mistake. Rematch. Dont rematch. I could care fucking less. The division sucks donkey dick.

that's about how i see it. the division is so shitty that a rematch would literally be one of the better fights out there, people need to keep that in mind when hyping up the Klits too. it's sounding like Haye wont get any support even if he does rematch though, that and he's not going to fight Vitali. what a fucking horrible way to go out of the sport.
FightHypeRules
1. If he had pulled out he would have been crucified in the media, and rightly so after pulling out twice against Wlad and Vitali before. Even if it was valid, he would have been savaged and never gotten a rematch. So I understand him going through with it.

2. AS for whether a toe can affect you, I've had turf toe before, and I have to say that anyone who ridicules someone who is injured and out with turftoe, then I imagine they've never HAD turftoe. It sounds innocuous, but it's the second most painful thing i've ever dealt with, after a gallstone attack. L LITERALLY could barely move it. A sheet moving over my foot would just send sharp pains through it. Not moving it didn't change the fact that it hurt so fucking bad that I just wanted to cut the bitch off.

And there is NOTHING YOU CAN DO. You can get some type of shot for the pain I guess, but other than that there's nothing. Fortunately when I got it, I was staying at my parents over the Holidays and my dad had a script for Lidocaine patches, and I threw some of them on and it helped a bit to basically numb the foot up so it wasn't that bad.

And that was with me not doing shit but sitting down. I can't imagine trying to fucking WALK let along running and cutting and pushing off. I remember when LaDainian Tomlinson was out for a few weeks with turf toe and people were mocking him. I was one of them. I mean just from the sound of it, how bad can turf toe be?

That shit ain't no joke.

So I know for a fact that a toe can impact performance. It may not impact everyone the same, but it does affect your abilities.

That said, Haye's still a bitch.
Snoop
As much as the fight sucked yesterday, Haye actually stood up quite well against Wlad than Klit's previous opponents. I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch, I mean, who else is out there in the HW division?
Snoop
QUOTE (FightHypeRules @ Jul 3 2011, 09:13 PM) *
1. If he had pulled out he would have been crucified in the media, and rightly so after pulling out twice against Wlad and Vitali before. Even if it was valid, he would have been savaged and never gotten a rematch. So I understand him going through with it.

2. AS for whether a toe can affect you, I've had turf toe before, and I have to say that anyone who ridicules someone who is injured and out with turftoe, then I imagine they've never HAD turftoe. It sounds innocuous, but it's the second most painful thing i've ever dealt with, after a gallstone attack. L LITERALLY could barely move it. A sheet moving over my foot would just send sharp pains through it. Not moving it didn't change the fact that it hurt so fucking bad that I just wanted to cut the bitch off.

And there is NOTHING YOU CAN DO. You can get some type of shot for the pain I guess, but other than that there's nothing. Fortunately when I got it, I was staying at my parents over the Holidays and my dad had a script for Lidocaine patches, and I threw some of them on and it helped a bit to basically numb the foot up so it wasn't that bad.

And that was with me not doing shit but sitting down. I can't imagine trying to fucking WALK let along running and cutting and pushing off. I remember when LaDainian Tomlinson was out for a few weeks with turf toe and people were mocking him. I was one of them. I mean just from the sound of it, how bad can turf toe be?

That shit ain't no joke.

So I know for a fact that a toe can impact performance. It may not impact everyone the same, but it does affect your abilities.

That said, Haye's still a bitch.

I was thinking that exact same thing as to why Haye went through with the fight.

That said, solid fucking post.
Method
Aside from all the excessive flopping around and looking at the ref for help when sometimes there was absolutely NO reason to, I was actually IMPRESSED with the way Haye stood in there, bobbing and weaving, looking for openings. He could have Morrade Hakkar'd it, or Sugar Sham Mosley'd it (vs. Paq). He actually sat in the pocket quite a bit making Wlad flail and miss horribly. He just had nothing but Hayemakers to offer, and when he's miss, they just clashed like Sumo wrestlers.

Whatever. I am SO unimpressed w the Klits, and Haye needs to fight guys his own size, or roll back down to cruiser. Or retire. I dont care.
Warlord
QUOTE (Warlord @ Jul 2 2011, 09:15 AM) *
Haye is going to get bitched out so badly in this fight that the ignominy that follows will last a lifetime. He will become a symbol in boxing. People will use him as a cautionary tale of what happens to fighters who run their mouths to a ludicrously retarded degree, and then get smashed like a shit-black turd. They'll say about those guys, "He's gonna get Hayed."

British fans will disown Haye very soon. I mean this. Truly. Prophetically. Haye is going to get dumped, and dumped badly. He's going to shame himself, his family, and his nation. And I am going to laugh.
Method
[/Thread]
salvador
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jul 3 2011, 09:33 AM) *

That's great news.

I don't give a damn about his broken toe. What matters is that in the last two rounds HE COULD HAVE GONE FOR BROKE BUT HE CHOSE TO FINISH ON HIS FEET - broken toe or not. And it's not like his toe kept him from putting on a great defense all night and it didn't keep him from landing some solid right hands so that ain't no excuse for not taking the risks required to have a chance at winning. He sold this as a war and everyone who believed he was going to knock Klit out or die trying was lied to. End of story.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.