Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wladimir to offer another Brit a shot at his crown
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
SENTRAL
Wladimir Klitschko's promoter has stated that the champion is now seriously looking at facing the winner of this months all British clash between Tyson Fury and Derek Chisora.  Everyone is fully aware of the situation surrounding Chisora who had two fights scheduled with Wladimir only to face the champion pulling out on both occasions.  Now it is rumored Wadimir wants to offer the winner of Fury-Chisora a crack at his belts, thus ruling out the possibility of an immediate rematch with David Haye.

Haye meanwhile, has declared he'd love a chance to avenge his poor showing but admitted it was totally out of his hands.  It is also suggested Haye might be offered a shot at Vitali, a type of dangling carrot incentive, before getting his rematch with Wladimir if he were to beat the elder Klitschko.  Haye has confirmed he will not retire if a rematch with Wladimir is possible.
Hops
I'll watch Haye against Vitali. Vitali will molest him for good. Unlike Wlad, Vitali has a tough chin and will pressure Haye from the get go.
Spyder
I like both fights....Vitali-Haye mainly because I want to see Haye get abused.
Maxy
Nah, there is a massive, humungous gulf in class between the likes of Fury/Chisora and Wlad. I know there ain't many (if any) legitimate fights for Wlad to take at the minute but meeting one of those two is definitely not the answer. If Wlad wants to beat up another Brit at least let us decide which of our current crop is the best (of a not very good bunch). Excluding Haye, David Price should fight the winner of Chisora-Fury and then we'll have someone who can at least claim to be the (2nd) best British heavyweight.

Price has stated that during sparring with Haye he was being caught by the right hand and not really feeling too much, which might add a little weight to Haye's flimsy argument about not being able to get off with his punches cos of the little toe injury.

Anyway it's a no no from where I'm sitting as far as Fury or Chisora getting a shot. Both would get royally spanked.
lloyd mayflower
I dont dislike Chisora and wouldnt mind seeing him get the shot he should have got before Wlad pulled out.

Tyson Fury on the other hand, can go fuck himself. I really hope Chisora knocks that fat gypsy loudmouth clean out
gravytrain
anyone from the UK think Haye can get a rematch with Wlad? i really doubt he gets it without fighting Vitali first and that's not happening. i'm just wondering whether or not people might be taking him seriously or just thinking he's looking for another check.
Maxy
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 4 2011, 12:28 PM) *
anyone from the UK think Haye can get a rematch with Wlad? i really doubt he gets it without fighting Vitali first and that's not happening. i'm just wondering whether or not people might be taking him seriously or just thinking he's looking for another check.

I reckon Wlad will tell him to "do one" to be honest. All the shit talking really pissed Wlad off and he still felt angry at Haye (post fight) for the things he had said prior to the fight.

As far as taking him seriously I'd say the majority opinion is he's a bloody idiot who ripped off the paying customer with his performance on Saturday night. He's doing his best to redeem himself by repeating on all the media outlets how Wlad was simply the better man but the damage was done Saturday night. People are asking the question, "why didn't he go for broke in the last 2 rounds?" I think we were all entitled to that but he didn't deliver and he's lost a lot of respect and a lot of fans for simply not giving it his all.
JONdaCON817
i think ide rather see Haye fight Dawson... idkk why that fight would intrigue me...
Maxy
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Jul 4 2011, 12:49 PM) *
i think ide rather see Haye fight Dawson... idkk why that fight would intrigue me...

Um...gotta say that's a ridiculous fight. Haye may well have made himself look like a cock on Saturday night but he annihilates Dawson.
BGv2.0
I would not mind seeing Haye take a shot at Vitali.

I know everybody is aggrivasted and upset at Haye, but I still think that once the high emotions settle down and a little rational thought comes into play...when you compare his shot at most, he still gave Wlad a better fight then anybody since the first Peter fight.

AND...having actually fought a Klit now gives you experiance.

I also think that despite the better chin people tend to forget that Vitali is not getting any younger. If Gomez can land consistant shots and even mark up Vitali's face close to 2 years ago....I see no reason to think Haye cannot do much more with an older Vitali.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jul 4 2011, 12:48 PM) *
I reckon Wlad will tell him to "do one" to be honest. All the shit talking really pissed Wlad off and he still felt angry at Haye (post fight) for the things he had said prior to the fight.

As far as taking him seriously I'd say the majority opinion is he's a bloody idiot who ripped off the paying customer with his performance on Saturday night. He's doing his best to redeem himself by repeating on all the media outlets how Wlad was simply the better man but the damage was done Saturday night. People are asking the question, "why didn't he go for broke in the last 2 rounds?" I think we were all entitled to that but he didn't deliver and he's lost a lot of respect and a lot of fans for simply not giving it his all.

the Klits have often been accused of using their relationship to their advantage, Wlad saying things about him and his brother holding the titles made it even more obvious. i think he wants him to fight Vitali because Vitali will be sure to punish him.

i can't blame people for questioning him, i just wanted to know what people actually from the UK thought of a rematch. if i was from over there i would be thinking it's purely a money fight and he'll just be on SKY talking how Wlad got him again while laughing all the way to the bank.

QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 4 2011, 06:12 PM) *
I agree with you. I haven't seen someone put up a better fight than Haye in some time. I also don't see many putting up a better performance in the future. I think he could have another fight or 2, and have another shot at one of the brothers.

my only problem is that he can just get in the ring and fight the same fight again. one of the biggest reasons this fight was interesting is because Haye came in talking a good game, with that gone it's nothing. he's just another fighter that talked about beating Wlad or Vitali and lost by a wide decision.
BGv2.0
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 4 2011, 07:32 PM) *
my only problem is that he can just get in the ring and fight the same fight again. one of the biggest reasons this fight was interesting is because Haye came in talking a good game, with that gone it's nothing. he's just another fighter that talked about beating Wlad or Vitali and lost by a wide decision.

I don't think that's a given. Vitali is not nearly as fluid as Wlad. I've always thought their power is about the same. Although we know Vitali has the better beard, I don't think it is too much of a difference in power, and I think it's a step down in fluid ability and speed, he is a lot more stiff and a whole lot more slower than Wlad....and I don't think he's gotten any better with age.

The age is the reason guys like Sosnoski and Gomez and Johnson all made it to the late rounds.

And I still say actually having fought a Klit is a huge advantage.

I for one would not mind seeing it....and really...who else is there? Unless Povetkin is all of the sudden ready to step up....there is very litte out there.

I think we will even have a btter picture of how Haye might fair after we see what takes place with Adamek.
gravytrain
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jul 5 2011, 12:26 PM) *
I don't think that's a given. Vitali is not nearly as fluid as Wlad. I've always thought their power is about the same. Although we know Vitali has the better beard, I don't think it is too much of a difference in power, and I think it's a step down in fluid ability and speed, he is a lot more stiff and a whole lot more slower than Wlad....and I don't think he's gotten any better with age.

The age is the reason guys like Sosnoski and Gomez and Johnson all made it to the late rounds.

And I still say actually having fought a Klit is a huge advantage.

I for one would not mind seeing it....and really...who else is there? Unless Povetkin is all of the sudden ready to step up....there is very litte out there.

I think we will even have a btter picture of how Haye might fair after we see what takes place with Adamek.

he might be slower than Wlad but Vitali isn't about to be thrown off by a feint any day of the week, he'll fight. he'll also commit to a punch instead of feinting 6 times and doesn't care if you hit him so he'll take more risks.

Haye would still be one of the better fights out there but he's completely undeserving of getting in the ring with either of them based on all the bullshit. he called Wlad out and the fight took years to happen, the whole time Haye talks about how he's going to knock both of them out and go for broke against Wlad. then he gets in the ring and just collects a check. i don't want to see him get another payday period.
BGv2.0
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 5 2011, 01:00 PM) *
he might be slower than Wlad but Vitali isn't about to be thrown off by a feint any day of the week, he'll fight. he'll also commit to a punch instead of feinting 6 times and doesn't care if you hit him so he'll take more risks.

Haye would still be one of the better fights out there but he's completely undeserving of getting in the ring with either of them based on all the bullshit. he called Wlad out and the fight took years to happen, the whole time Haye talks about how he's going to knock both of them out and go for broke against Wlad. then he gets in the ring and just collects a check. i don't want to see him get another payday period.

See...I just really feel comments like that are based more on emotion than what actually took place. I think WAY TOO MANY people fell for Haye's mouth without ever really considering the sheer size difference. When you remove the emotion and built up event the fight became.....it was a good attamept by Haye when you consider the size difference.

I don't really see him as simply collecting a check....I mean the guy won the 12th round on many people's scorcard...that's not simply giving up. He DID try....unlike many before him. He may not have tried as many would have liked...as in risking a KO to get a KO...but he did not simply set in there and do nothing while getting pumbled and stopped late as we have seen over and over.

Plus I've always questioned both Klits faces holding up if hit enough....and I've always thought Vitali's was worse since the LL fight...it's just landing consistaly enough to get an eye shut...

it's always a difficult task for anybody with the sheer size of these guys.

I don't think his performance was worthy of saying he should not ever be allowed another payday....not when you remove the buildup and base it on sheer physicalities....I think he fought well.

But again...the bottom line comes down to who else is worthy?

After Adamek....if Povetkin does not want to step up....Haye is really the only interesting guy left.

Or we could have a Arreola rematch....or a shot Holyfield....or another Chambers snoozer....

there just is nothing else out there.

gravytrain
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jul 5 2011, 03:55 PM) *
See...I just really feel comments like that are based more on emotion than what actually took place. I think WAY TOO MANY people fell for Haye's mouth without ever really considering the sheer size difference. When you remove the emotion and built up event the fight became.....it was a good attamept by Haye when you consider the size difference.

I don't really see him as simply collecting a check....I mean the guy won the 12th round on many people's scorcard...that's not simply giving up. He DID try....unlike many before him. He may not have tried as many would have liked...as in risking a KO to get a KO...but he did not simply set in there and do nothing while getting pumbled and stopped late as we have seen over and over.

Plus I've always questioned both Klits faces holding up if hit enough....and I've always thought Vitali's was worse since the LL fight...it's just landing consistaly enough to get an eye shut...

it's always a difficult task for anybody with the sheer size of these guys.

I don't think his performance was worthy of saying he should not ever be allowed another payday....not when you remove the buildup and base it on sheer physicalities....I think he fought well.

But again...the bottom line comes down to who else is worthy?

After Adamek....if Povetkin does not want to step up....Haye is really the only interesting guy left.

Or we could have a Arreola rematch....or a shot Holyfield....or another Chambers snoozer....

there just is nothing else out there.

Haye was flopping like Ronaldo and showed less heart than James in the 4th quarter of a finals game. this guy won 3 rounds at most and was comfortable doing the same shit other guys that just try to survive do, the only difference is he had better defense and didn't just take punches on his guard. i think boxing fans around the world feel let down by his performance, he never once showed any signs of being someone willing to do what it would take to win the fight. the whole thing that made this fight was Wlad's questionable chin and Haye promising an honest effort. without the effort it's just another fight.

Wlad already said he's to get through Vitali first. if he's not willing to do that he can just retire, the fight didn't deliver and i've no interest in him getting paid to coast and make excuses.

Maxy
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 5 2011, 04:09 PM) *
Haye was flopping like Ronaldo and showed less heart than James in the 4th quarter of a finals game. this guy won 3 rounds at most and was comfortable doing the same shit other guys that just try to survive do, the only difference is he had better defense and didn't just take punches on his guard. i think boxing fans around the world feel let down by his performance, he never once showed any signs of being someone willing to do what it would take to win the fight. the whole thing that made this fight was Wlad's questionable chin and Haye promising an honest effort. without the effort it's just another fight.

Wlad already said he's to get through Vitali first. if he's not willing to do that he can just retire, the fight didn't deliver and i've no interest in him getting paid to coast and make excuses.

Would you be interested in him fighting the winner of this fight though? I mean, both of these two are nowhere near ready to face Wlad but he reaffirmed his desire to face the winner recently and I'm worried some people might suddenly buy into something as much of a travesty as this would be.

Anyway, I'm personally looking forward to Saturday's fight more than I was Haye-Klitschko because they are on a similar level and there has been a lot of bad blood between them...plus it's on free TV!

gravytrain
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jul 16 2011, 12:22 PM) *
Would you be interested in him fighting the winner of this fight though? I mean, both of these two are nowhere near ready to face Wlad but he reaffirmed his desire to face the winner recently and I'm worried some people might suddenly buy into something as much of a travesty as this would be.

Anyway, I'm personally looking forward to Saturday's fight more than I was Haye-Klitschko because they are on a similar level and there has been a lot of bad blood between them...plus it's on free TV!

i think it's kind of hard for me to pick a fight for Wlad since i've no idea what him and Vitali are scheming up. i don't really have any interest in the fight though. i would like to see him against Arreola, Solis or Dimitrenko. Chisora or Fury would need a couple years and some names under their belt first.

i really just don't want Haye to get another chance because i don't see it being much different than the last fight. if he even went all out for a round or two i would be fine with him getting a shot but he never went for broke.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.