Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finally...A Response.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
HazConvictedFelonMane
http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/07/04/11...oyd-fight-badly

Obviously, this is news from the Phillipines. I wonder why it took this long for anyone on that side to say anything in response to Floyd's grand 'call-out'. My thing is, the talk always sounds good. However, I recall Roach saying that he wished the fight got pushed back further from March. Citing that Manny needed more time to recover from the Cotto fight. Now, he's quoted as saying they'd be ready to fight Floyd the very next day? We don't forget these quotes and public statements, so when they start coming up with excuses, we'll know that they're all talk.
HazConvictedFelonMane
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Jul 4 2011, 05:25 PM) *
http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/07/04/11...oyd-fight-badly

Obviously, this is news from the Phillipines. I wonder why it took this long for anyone on that side to say anything in response to Floyd's grand 'call-out'. My thing is, the talk always sounds good. However, I recall Roach saying that he wished the fight got pushed back further from March. Citing that Manny needed more time to recover from the Cotto fight. Now, he's quoted as saying they'd be ready to fight Floyd the very next day? We don't forget these quotes and public statements, so when they start coming up with excuses, we'll know that they're all talk.

I searched the whole world for any type of response ever since that night that Floyd put him on blast at that press-con. I have to find a response in the Phillipines, before American press or print? Freddie Roach has the biggest mouth, but he's the BIGGEST advocate for targeting guys that are in weakened states. Real tough.
TzFrank
There goes cockroach lying again, they did not agree to everything...they agreed to everything except the blood testing because manny kept insisting on a cut off date...cockroach trying to make it seem like floyd was the one who didnt want the fight...fighthype even said it in one of their articles that mayweathers' team never received anything in writing from pacquiaos' team saying that they will do random testing up until the fight...saying and doing are two completely different things....cockroach needs to give it up!!! He might fool the dumbasses but hes not fooling me!!!
Hops
I recently discovered this mathematical equation via Google:

ABS(FightHype.COM) = ABS(MannyPacquiao.PH)
JONdaCON817
soo theyll fight then next day??.. pshhh.. fucc outta here!!

Floyd should call his bluff and say the next day then call his bluff again and ask for a 6th round bloodtest... lmao
gravytrain
the talk always sounds good on both sides and neither fighter has done more than get some free press off of the fight.
HazConvictedFelonMane
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 4 2011, 08:19 PM) *
the talk always sounds good on both sides and neither fighter has done more than get some free press off of the fight.

Free press? I hardly think that. As it stands, Floyd's seem to made his statement. It's the same as it was before. Take the tests, and we'll fight. They can say they have agreed to everything, but we need to see something more concrete. Floyd says he's ready, we have to see something more concrete. I don't doubt Floyd's willingness to fight. I do doubt Roach, Arum, and Pacquiao's willingness to fight. Arum has said in the past, that he'd never put Manny in the ring with Floyd. Roach has stated that he wanted Manny to fight Floyd at 140. Between the 2 sides, Pacquiao's side has looked sketchy more so than Floyd. I won't make light of Floyd's phantom negotiation that never took place. I'm just waiting to see how this whole thing plays out. Whoever flakes out, will not be spared by me. Regardless to who it is.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Jul 5 2011, 04:12 AM) *
Free press? I hardly think that. As it stands, Floyd's seem to made his statement. It's the same as it was before. Take the tests, and we'll fight. They can say they have agreed to everything, but we need to see something more concrete. Floyd says he's ready, we have to see something more concrete. I don't doubt Floyd's willingness to fight. I do doubt Roach, Arum, and Pacquiao's willingness to fight. Arum has said in the past, that he'd never put Manny in the ring with Floyd. Roach has stated that he wanted Manny to fight Floyd at 140. Between the 2 sides, Pacquiao's side has looked sketchy more so than Floyd. I won't make light of Floyd's phantom negotiation that never took place. I'm just waiting to see how this whole thing plays out. Whoever flakes out, will not be spared by me. Regardless to who it is.

Unless its Floyd
gravytrain
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Jul 4 2011, 11:12 PM) *

hardly think that? Mayweather even thanked the press for talking about him when he's inactive. all there has been in boxing for the past 2 years is talk about Mayweather and Pac. they mention each other and talk about how they're going to fight but neither of them are signed to fight each other right now.

Mayweather has spent as much time talking about Pac as he's Ortiz and Ortiz is who he's getting in the ring.
blackbelt2003
Having read all the negotiation time lines on the front page, I'm coming to the conclusion that:

a ) Floyd doesn't really give a fuck if Manny is on PEDS or if he even believes it and that

b ) Manny may not be on PED's but is too fucking stubborn to concede anything to Floyd.

I think the whole situation has come about because neither camp want to back down and give up any kind of 'mental advantage'. If Manny is not on PED's, because he made a whole issue about not conceding to Floyd, he's got to carry it on to save face.

And Floyd has made demands about Olympic style drug testing, and doesn't want to concede anything to Manny regardless of whether or not he thinks Manny is on PED's.

Basically, they are both too stubborn to give in, perhaps feeling giving in will give a mental advantage to the other fighter, the camps also feeling that if they cave in to the other fighter's demands they will be seen as weak management material.

I'm past caring. If the fight happens, great, the winner seals his legacy as this generation's greatest.

If it doesn't, they can both go down as prima donnas who failed, between them, to make the biggest fight of our generation, regardless of who's fault we think it was.

I just hope the next ATG who comes along is cut from older cloth and simply doesn't give a fuck who he fights and what concessions he has to make.

Black
mrwigi

I just hope the next ATG who comes along is cut from older cloth and simply doesn't give a fuck who he fights and what concessions he has to make.

Black
[/quote]

Agreed!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.