Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BERTO MOSELY?
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
BoxingStill#1
Both comming off notable losses..

One of which in dominant fasion...

Does Mosely have what it takes to compete?

Does Mosely deserve a this fight?

Does Berto?

MORE importantly,... would we even tune in to watch it?...

Hops
Stinker.

Fighters ruin the sports. Not the promoters. Promoters might be able to make Mayweather vs Pacquiao but when the fight becomes a Glee club dancefest, people would still be turned off.
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 4 2011, 06:17 PM) *
Yeah not interested at all in this. If it were to happen, I think all it would be is to see where Berto is at, and a name to add on his resume. Surely couldn't be used as a stepping stone for Mosley once again in his career.

Kinda hard to see where Berto is at using an aged Shane as a measuring stick....lls

And yes, I agree, I don't think this does anything for Shane if he were to win...

Shane, to me, has lost his only apeal,.... that worriors heart...

Its problerbly safe to say that since the Cotto fight, neither of them have been the same IMO... they took something from each other that night.

Berto is just as dangerous as always... but I feel he under esimated Ortiz and came in way out of shape and not prepared
caneman
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 4 2011, 05:58 PM) *
I don't want to see it, but if it did, yes I think it's to see where Berto is at.

Does he try take this Mosley out? Does he show some urgency in this fight? Does he take risks to put Mosley away? Or will it be just another fight, where he does enough?
I don't want this fight, you're the one that brought it up. I don't know how else I can look at this fight that you mentioned. I'm just saying I would look at it to see where Berto is at. Considering I know where Mosley is at, I have no interest in this fight, so for me it's just a fight to judge Berto. Don't care about Mosley.

Pretty much this, I don't wanna see Mosley again and Berto can make a better fight to see where he is! A Mike Jones fight has a nice ring to it!
Romulus9
I don't know about everyone else but I happen to think that Berto-Mosley would make a nice main event on ESPN2 Friday Night Fights.

It's really not viable for much more than that.

It would give an idea of where Berto is in a general sense, and where Mosley is against those who aren't named Pacquiao and Mayweather. Does that deserve an HBO main event slot? Honestly... no. Would it get one? Probably.

It would be best for the sport if it was indeed on Friday Night Fights... which is precisely why it wouldn't happen that way.
BoxingStill#1
Haha...

Yeah don't get me wrong here..... I don't want to see Shane fight anymore either...

JUst because I brought it up doesn't mean I want to see it honestly..

I was just thinking what could be next for Berto. The first person to come to mind was Mosely. Idk why, im sure Berto is looking for a notable name, a good payday, and someone to look good against...

Lls.. I guess that's why he came to mind first...

So who else? Mike Jones?... I like this one Caneman but im sure Berrto doesnt and neither does the general public... hence low #'s....

So I guess the real title of this thread should be "BERTO'S NEXT FIGHT"....

What say you?...
caneman
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jul 4 2011, 06:22 PM) *
Haha...

Yeah don't get me wrong here..... I don't want to see Shane fight anymore either...

JUst because I brought it up doesn't mean I want to see it honestly..

I was just thinking what could be next for Berto. The first person to come to mind was Mosely. Idk why, im sure Berto is looking for a notable name, a good payday, and someone to look good against...

Lls.. I guess that's why he came to mind first...

So who else? Mike Jones?... I like this one Caneman but im sure Berrto doesnt and neither does the general public... hence low #'s....

So I guess the real title of this thread should be "BERTO'S NEXT FIGHT"....

What say you?...

Honestly, Berto has some work to do to DO ANY NUMBERS AT ALL IMO...Berto vs Jones is a great undercard fight on HBO! Jones stops him though IMO! Jones has looked great in his last 2 fights! Just saying! Who is Berto other than an inactive fighter who was lucky enough to win a belt???
JONdaCON817
Ide watch Berto-Mosley... but i wouldnt expect anything... and damn sure wouldnt pay for it. Ide do it to see where Berto is but ide also like to know if Pac made Mosley show his Pussy or if Mosley lost his balls altogether... i also wanna see Mosleys sexy as gf on the sideline... lol. shes looked pretty hot with that "OH SHIT" worried look on her face... hahahaha..
caneman
But Berto could fight Jan Zaveck, Vyacheslav Senchenko or even Rafal Jackiewicz if he dares!
gravytrain
i would like to see Mosley tee off on Berto like he did Margarito. i don't see it happening though.
Romulus9
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 4 2011, 08:14 PM) *
i would like to see Mosley tee off on Berto like he did Margarito. i don't see it happening though.

I think the days of seeing Mosley tee off on anyone in the legitimate top 15 are over. That doesn't mean he can't have competitive fights with a few people (read: Cotto at 154?) but that Margarito performance will be the last great one in the vault.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Jul 4 2011, 08:24 PM) *
I think the days of seeing Mosley tee off on anyone in the legitimate top 15 are over. That doesn't mean he can't have competitive fights with a few people (read: Cotto at 154?) but that Margarito performance will be the last great one in the vault.

personally, i think he's over with. he wont be able to pull the trigger against anyone with a pulse. i just want to see Berto get stopped
caneman
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 4 2011, 07:39 PM) *
personally, i think he's over with. he wont be able to pull the trigger against anyone with a pulse. i just want to see Berto get stopped

That's why the 4 guys I brought up are good, 3 of the 4 stop him and puts him where he belongs, the bottom 1/2 of the top 10 @ 147!
BoxingStill#1
So the general census agrees..... no more mosely?...lls
BoxingStill#1
BTW im mad I've been spelling Shane MOSLEY's name wrong this whole thread....
Lil-lightsout
I have been Mosley's biggest supporter on this site for some time, and I am still thoroughly disgusted with his last performance. He needs to earn a lot of peoples respect back after that shitty performance.

I have no desire to see him fight again. To see him be such a pussy and not let his hands go(besides playing patty cake with Pac), AND he was capable of doing it, he just refused to do it!!!
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 5 2011, 01:47 AM) *
I have been Mosley's biggest supporter on this site for some time, and I am still thoroughly disgusted with his last performance. He needs to earn a lot of peoples respect back after that shitty performance.

I have no desire to see him fight again. To see him be such a pussy and not let his hands go(besides playing patty cake with Pac), AND he was capable of doing it, he just refused to do it!!!

So you've finally seen the light? What do you think James is gonna weigh against Shamrock? As I'm sure James and his nutrionist are taking this super seriously I see him weighing in at a trim 250 pounds.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 5 2011, 02:31 AM) *
So you've finally seen the light? What do you think James is gonna weigh against Shamrock? As I'm sure James and his nutrionist are taking this super seriously I see him weighing in at a trim 250 pounds.

Nutritionist and James Toney should never be used in the same sentence! laugh.gif

250lbs sounds about right. I won't watch anymore of his MMA fights, unless it is a replay.

Did you read his interview on the front page? Fucking awesome! Sorry...listening to Toney just never gets old to me.
gravytrain
QUOTE (caneman @ Jul 4 2011, 08:42 PM) *
That's why the 4 guys I brought up are good, 3 of the 4 stop him and puts him where he belongs, the bottom 1/2 of the top 10 @ 147!

actually, i think he's losing his luster already. he said he didn't prepare for the fight but that's bullshit, he got exposed. i really doubt Berto has the heart to come back from this in a big way either. he's just going to go back to fighting meaningless fights while holding a strap and getting overpaid. his promoter should tell him to move up and fight Martinez lol.

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 5 2011, 02:31 AM) *

i could see James Toney fighting his nutritionist if he hired one.
caneman
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 5 2011, 06:37 AM) *
actually, i think he's losing his luster already. he said he didn't prepare for the fight but that's bullshit, he got exposed. i really doubt Berto has the heart to come back from this in a big way either. he's just going to go back to fighting meaningless fights while holding a strap and getting overpaid. his promoter should tell him to move up and fight Martinez lol.

Berto is lucky as hell and never had luster to me! I mean sorry that shit happened in his homeland and sucks he lost family members but him and way too many fighers fight one or two times a years while much better, more exciting/likable fighters are ordered to fight and/or striped of their belts! Now he could prove me wrong but IMO the guy ain't a million dollar fighter and should have never been! Can me an asshole but no title holder should ever over look any fighter if they have any other fighter!

i could see James Toney eating his nutritionist if he hired one.

Fixed it for you, I messed up my post on this iPhone but oh well! Auto correct can be dangerous as well! lol
gravytrain
lol Caneman. i don't know if Toney would eat his nutritionist unless they were stuck on an island together or something. if he said "James, the junk food has got to go" Toney would whoop his ass though.

Berto was hype but he was young undefeated and had a strap. he sounded good on telecasts but beyond that i didn't ever see the appeal to fans. i bet if he beat Ortiz we would be seeing him in the ring with Mayweather too, that would be some shit. i think Berto is just the new breed of boxing, him and other cats fight 1-3 times a year while being at a point where they should be proving themselves and it's all to try to hold out for big money/fights while getting overpaid and overvalued.
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 5 2011, 09:35 AM) *
lol Caneman. i don't know if Toney would eat his nutritionist unless they were stuck on an island together or something. if he said "James, the junk food has got to go" Toney would whoop his ass though.

Berto was hype but he was young undefeated and had a strap. he sounded good on telecasts but beyond that i didn't ever see the appeal to fans. i bet if he beat Ortiz we would be seeing him in the ring with Mayweather too, that would be some shit. i think Berto is just the new breed of boxing, him and other cats fight 1-3 times a year while being at a point where they should be proving themselves and it's all to try to hold out for big money/fights while getting overpaid and overvalued.

Berto does have talent,.... just a lot of holes in his defence...

He isn't very fundamentaly sound either,... but the boy has crazy speed and good pop..

His style is attractive, so it sells... therein lied his demise... I would say too much too soon but that isn't the case for him. Its taken him forever to get a notable name, but the ones he did get gave him hell or beat him.

Idk what's going to happen, but im sut im sure they may just throw him with a confidence builder,.. or someone to wipe his ass up and get him out of the public eye...

We'll see
caneman
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 5 2011, 08:35 AM) *

Oh no doubt it be Berto vs may...add to that the fact pacman should have went for that title 2 fights ago! On fighters and how often they fight, I totally agree and very few fight 3 rimes a year!
HaydelHammer
I don't care to see shane fight ever again. He's taken Ortiz (quitter) slot imo.
gravytrain
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jul 5 2011, 09:51 AM) *
Berto does have talent,.... just a lot of holes in his defence...

He isn't very fundamentaly sound either,... but the boy has crazy speed and good pop..

His style is attractive, so it sells... therein lied his demise... I would say too much too soon but that isn't the case for him. Its taken him forever to get a notable name, but the ones he did get gave him hell or beat him.

Idk what's going to happen, but im sut im sure they may just throw him with a confidence builder,.. or someone to wipe his ass up and get him out of the public eye...

We'll see

who did it sell to? when he fought Quintana they had to give tickets away. Berto has never had the draw to justify the money he earned. this is hit then hug Berto we're talking about, even when he beat the breaks off of C fighters nobody cared.

QUOTE (caneman @ Jul 5 2011, 09:56 AM) *
Oh no doubt it be Berto vs may...add to that the fact pacman should have went for that title 2 fights ago! On fighters and how often they fight, I totally agree and very few fight 3 rimes a year!

if he did he would have caught a weak champ and i don't think anyone could dispute the win. Pac would have easily cleaned up WW. Berto is real lucky he didn't get in the ring with a decent opponent this long, after he'd that close fight with Collazo it's just bad fight after bad fight
The Original MrFactor
I'd like to see Mosley/Berto. Both guys are coming off nasty loses. I think its a good fight for both. If Berto wins, he gets some redemption. If Berto cant beat Mosley, then maybe he should consider another sport OR sucking down to 140 ala Zab Judah because I've always thought he was a smallish WW. Berto's problem is that he carries too much muscle and it will be tough for him to suck down.He's still young so it aint impossible. Mosley's legacy was hurt by the Pacquiao performance. If he beats Berto up in a good fight, that would be a great farewell. Even if he loses and goes all out, he'll regain his legacy. That will be what he's remembered for. He could have retired after the Margarito fight and it would have been all love. He cant go out with a fight like his last one. Mosley has one more left. I hope he call out Berto.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Jul 4 2011, 08:24 PM) *

Wow, thats amazing. i dont think he's that bad. I mean everyone looks bad against Pacquiao and Mayweather AND MORA. Mayweather and Mora arent the type of guys to engage you. Pacquaio is either special or using PEDs. Berto would be a much better fit for Shane Mosley. Berto is like Margarito in that he gets hit easily and a lot. He's much faster, so Shane will also be taking fire. I think its a good matchup.
neophyte7
Mosley belongs on Friday Night Fights en route to never being seen again!!!
PColeman28
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jul 5 2011, 09:24 AM) *
Mosley belongs on Friday Night Fights en route to never being seen again!!!

I agree with the majority...I don't care to watch a mosley fight anymore, him vs berto just doesn't sound exciting. but if berto did fight one of the people mentioned earlier in this post like mike jones etc. id watch that...i actually would prefer to watch berto vs jones especially since jones is suppose to be the number 1 welterweight right now right? since pac was gonna fight him after marquez as a mandatory?...it's lame that guys like berto fight 1-2 times a year and haven't proved anything if you look at canelo he's rummored to fight sept 17 right now if he did that will be 3 fights in a span of 7 months and he's the 154 champ so that's how it should be...but anyways No on berto v mosley
Cshel86
Berto has limited opposition in his career due to his size (height and ARM LENGTH) and fighting stlye, and also the fact that he's been fighting tomato cans his whole career has hurt him tremendously. The Collazo fight nearly put him on blast, and the Ortiz fight earned him a spot on the back burner. He appears a bit short for Welterweight, and his arm length/reach is nothing to talk about. We all saw how much he had to bounce and lunge to land a decent punch against Ortiz, but how much will he be able to do that with a quality opponent if his legs are shot after a bug punch?

Now this guy doesn't have the choice of a tune-up bout to be recognized again, because he's been fighting "tune-up bout fighters" his whole career, get it? He has to come back with twice the heart and enhanced skills, and not to mention, he has to take on nothing less than quality opponents from now on. Mosley is not an opponent that anybody should fight as a stepping stone or a retirement bout at this point, because he is done. I wouldn't even watch him fight on Friday Night Fights, let alone select him as a fighter on a boxing video game.

I have said this once before and I will stand on it, Berto and/or Ortiz should fight Joshua Clottey at Welterweight. This wouldn't be a bad fight at all for Berto, because Clottey is still a threat (regardless of his last fight with Pac). Just look at his fights before that with Judah and Cotto, I would watch Berto vs Clottey with no complaints. It would have to be knock down drag out like his fight with Ortiz, in order to prove that Clottey is still that much of a threat and that Berto can deal with adversity and pull off the win. Just my opinion...
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Jul 5 2011, 03:07 PM) *
Berto has limited opposition in his career due to his size (height and ARM LENGTH) and fighting stlye, and also the fact that he's been fighting tomato cans his whole career has hurt him tremendously.

That's reaching. Didn't hurt Mike Tyson.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 5 2011, 03:52 PM) *

i honestly think that person doesn't know what they're talking about. Berto was protected and got exposed, that's all there's to it. it's not like Berto was trying to improve his quality of opposition anyway, he's happy to fight B fighters and C fighters. height and arm length is no excuse for shitty fights.
AussieLad
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 5 2011, 08:52 PM) *

Thats because tyson was blazing fast and with TNT in his gloves. You cant compare Berto to a rare physical specimen like tyson
Cshel86
Exactly! Tyson was in a league of his own! Berto was exposed, and all that Im saying is that his arm length and height (or maybe his stance) is no help to him at all. Yall are right to a degree, height and arm length are no excuse for a shitty performance in a fight, but if you are truly tested and you cant even fall back on the basics, then you are in trouble. We all saw how desperation kicked in for Berto in his last fight and he had nothing to give.

His arms are short, and he made me nervous when he even attempted a jab because he bent down and reached hard to keep Victor off of him. I dont see this guy having all that much success at 154 and up because of his height and reach, along with his limited skills. Those guys in that division are taller with longer reach (some of them) and Berto hasn't shown us the skills that he needs to break down a bigger guy or get on the inside during a fight. Looking to land one big punch during a fight, will only help you finish the fight on the canvas or come up short.
PColeman28
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Jul 5 2011, 04:47 PM) *
Exactly! Tyson was in a league of his own! Berto was exposed, and all that Im saying is that his arm length and height (or maybe his stance) is no help to him at all. Yall are right to a degree, height and arm length are no excuse for a shitty performance in a fight, but if you are truly tested and you cant even fall back on the basics, then you are in trouble. We all saw how desperation kicked in for Berto in his last fight and he had nothing to give.

His arms are short, and he made me nervous when he even attempted a jab because he bent down and reached hard to keep Victor off of him. I dont see this guy having all that much success at 154 and up because of his height and reach, along with his limited skills. Those guys in that division are taller with longer reach (some of them) and Berto hasn't shown us the skills that he needs to break down a bigger guy or get on the inside during a fight. Looking to land one big punch during a fight, will only help you finish the fight on the canvas or come up short.

He's just a bad fighter....pacquiao fights at 147 and he's 5'5 and fights bigger guys all the time these days and destroys them so the height and arm length is no excuse..what should berto do then? move down to super welterweight? he just got exposed that simple.....
AussieLad
QUOTE (PColeman28 @ Jul 6 2011, 01:41 AM) *
He's just a bad fighter....pacquiao fights at 147 and he's 5'5 and fights bigger guys all the time these days and destroys them so the height and arm length is no excuse..what should berto do then? move down to super welterweight? he just got exposed that simple.....

I agree that Berto is no Pacman. But then there aren't many that are comparable to pac currently. Berto doesnt have pacs angles and lateral movement, which is indicative of a lack of skill. But the point is, if you have 2 guys with equal skill and heart, its usually the guy with the physical edge that prevails. Hence the expression 'a good big man beats a good little man'. If you got short arms, boxing becomes a whole lot harder if you can't even fall back on a strong jab to maintain distance. And when a guys swarming you... thats when you need it most
neophyte7
BERTO was inactive.. he aint mayweather... only rare breeds can perform optimally after Layoffs.. he was nearly out a year and a half.. I think he will bounce back as he showed some great heart.. yet he needs to realize he is not a special talent that can afford layoffs and underestimating opponents. After Ortiz gets served and made to get back in line after Floyd whips his ass.. he and Berto may have the opportunity to do it again... FIREWORKS FOR SURE!!!
Cshel86
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jul 5 2011, 10:57 PM) *
BERTO was inactive.. he aint mayweather... only rare breeds can perform optimally after Layoffs.. he was nearly out a year and a half.. I think he will bounce back as he showed some great heart.. yet he needs to realize he is not a special talent that can afford layoffs and underestimating opponents. After Ortiz gets served and made to get back in line after Floyd whips his ass.. he and Berto may have the opportunity to do it again... FIREWORKS FOR SURE!!!

Berto inactive? nono.gif He had a fight in April and November of last year.
Cshel86
QUOTE (PColeman28 @ Jul 5 2011, 08:41 PM) *

If you read my statement carefully, I said that Berto appears to lack the skill to make up for his height (or bad fighting stance) and his lack of arm length to utilize a jab or get on the inside. Please read carefully before you start blurting out Pacquiao's name...and once again, Pac is in a league of his own, like Tyson was.
neophyte7
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Jul 5 2011, 10:02 PM) *
Berto inactive? nono.gif He had a fight in April and November of last year.

I stand to be corrected sir... got you...
Cshel86
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jul 5 2011, 11:10 PM) *
I stand to be corrected sir... got you...

They were fights indeed, but they weren't challenges by any measure...if thats what you were trying to get at. He should've been on a layoff with that low level of opposition that he faced. He still has a chance to make a name for himself though..just cant be another tomato can that he fights.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Jul 5 2011, 06:46 PM) *
Thats because tyson was blazing fast and with TNT in his gloves. You cant compare Berto to a rare physical specimen like tyson

You are missing the point. He gave a lame ass excuse about Berto's arm length and height being the reason for him fighting limited opposition and blah blah blah.

My Tyson example was just a quick example how someones arm length and height is pure BS. At most if not all weight classes there are so many examples of guys who have way different physical specs. It is not like Berto is 5' 1" or something like that, his arms and height are fine to compete at welterweight. There are far more accurate reasons for his welterweight woes than blaming it on his arms and height.

I can not believe I have to explain myself.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Jul 5 2011, 08:53 PM) *
I agree that Berto is no Pacman. But then there aren't many that are comparable to pac currently. Berto doesnt have pacs angles and lateral movement, which is indicative of a lack of skill. But the point is, if you have 2 guys with equal skill and heart, its usually the guy with the physical edge that prevails. Hence the expression 'a good big man beats a good little man'. If you got short arms, boxing becomes a whole lot harder if you can't even fall back on a strong jab to maintain distance. And when a guys swarming you... thats when you need it most

Hey you ever watch...

Tommy Hearns(taller and longer arms) vs Ray Leonard I? Guess who one that welterweight fight?

Arguello(taller and longer arms) vs. Pryor I and II? you know the winner of those fights?

need I go on?

Also... the expression a good big man beats a good little man more pertains to weight and size. Not the way they are built. Come on man.

Cshel86
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 5 2011, 11:20 PM) *
Hey you ever watch...

Tommy Hearns(taller and longer arms) vs Ray Leonard I? Guess who one that welterweight fight?

Arguello(taller and longer arms) vs. Pryor I and II? you know the winner of those fights?

need I go on?

Also... the expression a good big man beats a good little man more pertains to weight and size. Not the way they are built. Come on man.

...because of his height and reach, along with his limited skills. Those guys in that division are taller with longer reach (some of them) and Berto hasn't shown us the skills that he needs to break down a bigger guy or get on the inside during a fight.

Learn how to read man. Those guys that you just named had the skills to make up for being the smaller guy, smh.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Jul 5 2011, 11:36 PM) *
...because of his height and reach, along with his limited skills. Those guys in that division are taller with longer reach (some of them) and Berto hasn't shown us the skills that he needs to break down a bigger guy or get on the inside during a fight.

Learn how to read man. Those guys that you just named had the skills to make up for being the smaller guy, smh.

LOL!

THEN BLAME IT ON HIS SKILLS FOR FUCKS SAKE!!! NOT IS DAMN ARMS AND HEIGHT!

WHAT ABOUT HIS BACK AND FORTH WAR WITH COLLAZO? HE WAS A SHORT DUDE TOO AND BERTO GOT EXPOSED THAT NIGHT. IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS DAMN ARMS AND HEIGHT! IT WAS HIS SKILLS PERIOD.

AND AS FAR AS I REMEMBER BERTO WAS UNDEFEATED BEFORE ORTIZ, AND WHERE IS YOUR PROOF HE HAS NOT THE SKILLS TO GET ON THE INSIDE AND BREAK DOWN A BIGGER GUY?

PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR EXAMPLES. I CAN'T WAIT CONSIDERING HIS ONLY TWO TOUGH FIGHTS WERE WITH COLLOZO AND ORTIZ.

ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC! LIKE BERTO IS SOME MIDGET WITH TINY ARMS. HAHA.

Mods...sorry had cap locks on and do not feel like retyping.
lloyd mayflower
Ricky Hatton had short arms and limited skills.
Lil-lightsout
Here are some past and present welterweight champs with their height and reach specs.(i am omitting half inches on heights)

Pac- 5'-6" height and 67" reach.
Mosley- 5'-8" height and 71" reach.
PBF- 5'-8" height and 72" reach.
Cotto- 5'-7" height and 67" reach.
Judah- 5'-7" height and 72" reach.
Taylor- 5'-7" height and 66" reach.
Whitaker- 5-6" height and 69" reach.
McGirt- 5'-6" height and 70" reach.
Duran- 5'-7" height and 66" reach.
BERTO- 5'-8" height and 72" reach.

These are just a couple I thought of. The numbers do not lie. These guys did fairly well at welterweight too.

Skills, skills, and skills. Period.

AussieLad
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 6 2011, 03:20 AM) *

Errr, size is another way of saying the "the way they are built".

And in my opinion, the expression refers to smaller men coming up in weight and fighting a naturally larger fight in that guys weight division.
BoxingWizard23
Mosley vs Berto is a action packed fight but then again I could be very well mistaken. Mosley should retire the guy had enough power and bits of speed to cause an upset in his last fight especially since the other fighter makes so many mistakes that it should be unlawful. Berto would wipe off Mosley easily and Berto should fight Jones or Pacman.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 5 2011, 11:53 PM) *
LOL!

THEN BLAME IT ON HIS SKILLS FOR FUCKS SAKE!!! NOT IS DAMN ARMS AND HEIGHT!

WHAT ABOUT HIS BACK AND FORTH WAR WITH COLLAZO? HE WAS A SHORT DUDE TOO AND BERTO GOT EXPOSED THAT NIGHT. IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS DAMN ARMS AND HEIGHT! IT WAS HIS SKILLS PERIOD.

AND AS FAR AS I REMEMBER BERTO WAS UNDEFEATED BEFORE ORTIZ, AND WHERE IS YOUR PROOF HE HAS NOT THE SKILLS TO GET ON THE INSIDE AND BREAK DOWN A BIGGER GUY?

PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR EXAMPLES. I CAN'T WAIT CONSIDERING HIS ONLY TWO TOUGH FIGHTS WERE WITH COLLOZO AND ORTIZ.

ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC! LIKE BERTO IS SOME MIDGET WITH TINY ARMS. HAHA.

Mods...sorry had cap locks on and do not feel like retyping.

...and you are cursing because? We can leave it at his lack of skills, it's not like I didn't mention it all along...besides, you did make some good points. I have just seen shorter guys (or guys with shitty stances) and shorter arms/reach get punished after their primary gameplan failed during the fight. We all know that he was undefeated before the Ortiz fight, but Collazo just made him look bad, thats all.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.