Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jones Jr (Ruiz version) vs W. Klitschko/Haye
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Fitz
How does this one go?

I would still take Wlad, but I must say, after seeing the Wlad-Haye fight, that thinking about this fight now, Jones does better than I originally expected. The size difference will be bigger than the fight with Haye, but then so will the speed.

Still taking Wlad, but I think Jones can win quite a few early rounds judging from the Haye fight.

I was originally going to just make it a Jones-Wlad thread, but even though I still think Wlad wins and so will most I'm guessing, I decided to add a Jones vs Haye as well, as that could have a bit more discussion.

Basically I wanted to make a thread to say that I think Jones would do better than I originally thought after watching this fight, but would probably still lose laugh.gif

Jones (Ruiz version) vs Haye anyone?
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
I think Wlad still wins probably one of the few fights where he would be prepared to walk through some punches to throw his own.

I think Jones beats Haye. haye is quick enough to catch him though and we all know what happens when Roy gets hit.
gravytrain
i think the downfall of Wlad in this fight is he's too comfortable with getting a decision win. i'm taking Jones. that version of RJJ would feint with him and get off before Wlad could touch him then get out. Wlad would just keep resetting and losing rounds because RJJ lands the cleaner punches and lands more. i'll take that version of RJJ over Haye too.
STEVENSKI
Roy would struggle with the jab alone. The size difference would be huge & all it would take is one right hand or hook from Wlad to fuck Roy up. I would like to see that fight right now come to think of it....
Run and Gun Game Calls
before roy lost all that weight to go back to lt. heavyweight, he didnt just fall over when he got punched. That being said, Wlad is just to big, but Jones beats haye 10 out of 10 times.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Jul 5 2011, 08:46 AM) *
before roy lost all that weight to go back to lt. heavyweight, he didnt just fall over when he got punched. That being said, Wlad is just to big, but Jones beats haye 10 out of 10 times.

i can see the too small argument but Wlad was cautious with Ibragimov and he's way bigger than Ibragimov. RJJ is smaller than Ibragimov but he brings more to the table than him. i think RJJ's feints and footwork could keep him in the fight, unless he got too confident i could see him getting a boring decision win too. the big thing for me is Wlad will never take a risk no matter who he's fighting. he wont impose himself on RJJ.

Charlie
There's a reason Jones Jr went after Ruiz and not Lennox Lewis. He was too small. Ruiz himself is a small heavyweight. A big heavyweight would man handle and make mincemeat of him. Lewis vs RJJ in 2003 would have been a brutal KO of superman.
HaydelHammer
Is this a serious ?

There comes a time when somebody is just too much man for the other despite the talent level and athleticism. Manny's version of klit would simply lay back and paw his way to a UD even against jones at HW.....simply too big.

Now take a prime Tyson vs Manny's version of Klit and Tyson KO's him in 5 easily.

Reason I bring up Manny's version of Klit is simply b/c he's taught them to fight tall and stay out of harms way basically. He knows they can't bang like the older heavies (foreman, lyle, Ali, Frazier..even holes..etc) despite their overwhelming size.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Charlie @ Jul 5 2011, 10:08 AM) *
There's a reason Jones Jr went after Ruiz and not Lennox Lewis. He was too small. Ruiz himself is a small heavyweight. A big heavyweight would man handle and make mincemeat of him. Lewis vs RJJ in 2003 would have been a brutal KO of superman.

Great post. Both Klits were also around at the time. Jones entertained the idea of facing Vitaly, but chose to fight Tarver instead of staying at HW. I think Lewis or either Klit would have stopped Jones. Jones had trouble with speedy tall fighters with reach advantages.Tarver gave him a headache. Thats why he carefully chose Ruiz who was tall, but slow as hell. He knew he could get in and out without being hit. He wouldnt be able to do that with Lewis or either Klit brother.

I hate to bring it up, but if Jones beat Lewis and the Klits brutally and KO'd them, we might need him to take the tests. Thats very close to what Manny does...
Spyder
Roy would make Haye look like he didn't know how to fight. Wlad on the other hand, is still to long for Roy. His weight wouldn't be an issue, because quite honestly I don't think Roy would even dream of a KO. But Wlad's reach is to long, and Roy would have problems getting out of it without getting hit.
PColeman28
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jul 5 2011, 08:04 AM) *
Roy would make Haye look like he didn't know how to fight. Wlad on the other hand, is still to long for Roy. His weight wouldn't be an issue, because quite honestly I don't think Roy would even dream of a KO. But Wlad's reach is to long, and Roy would have problems getting out of it without getting hit.

roy jones jr is one of my favorite boxers ever....with that being said i don't think he's a very good heavyweight, if he fought wlad it would go to decision but wlad will win i can see roy winning 4-5 rounds, but i see wlad winning the rest, mainly because of wlad's cautious fighting style he would still be able to control the fight... if jones fought haye he would destroy that guy beat him to the punch everytime.
Romulus9
Wlad beats Jones easy.

Jones beats Haye senseless to win an EASY decision.

What would I hope for? A Richard Hall-style asskicking.
E.C.LEGEND
I think roy wins both fights. I have never seen Klitschko take shots to the body and with his height Roy would have to start there. Roy's not shy about the body shots so I don't see him fighting tall that long. Roy by split decision because the fight would be in germany. Roy would get a TKO against Haye. Haye would try to fight with his hands down and Roy will have a field day with his face.
alaganza
I still think Wlad has problems with pressure. In my opinion, he has to go first. He is not a consistently good counterpuncher. I think Roy had the speed to get inside. Not sure if he had the heart to. The right hand would have been a heck of a deterrent for Roy. I give Wlad the win over Roy for that reason.

Haye looks like he would have had some problems with Roy at hw. Roy would have been to awkward for Haye and Haye would not have had the length to deal with his awkward style. Roy by UD over Haye. 116-112 sounds about right.
King Eugene
Honestly I think the Ruiz Version of Roy UD's them both.

Wlad was fighting tall against Haye but when he began to get more aggressive he was bending more at the knees and ready to catch the jab as he threw the job meaning he was a bit hesitant of the incoming. Haye did a damn good job slipping punches but wasn't stepping in enough with his slips to land anything significant. I think Roy would have adjusted to Wlad's safety first style(which is right up Roy's alley) and started slipping in to land the body shots early. Eventually they would have took a toll on Wlad and his hands would have began to drop. Roy was fast enough to be able to get in, throw two or possibly three punches and get out before anything was returned. Wlad does have a massive right hand but its slow as creek water and I dont believe he would have been able to land clean on Roy and if he did it wouldn't have been enough to take him out. At least not the confindent Ruiz Version of Roy.

As far as Haye goes, I believe Haye would have been less concerned about a big shot coming back his way so he probably would have tried to stay close and get Roy out of there. My concern would be how many shots could Roy avoid and the ones that landed what type of affect would they have had on Roy. With that being said I think Roy plays it safe, boxes Hayes ears off for 12 rounds staying on the outside and doing everything possible to avoid the big shot.
Method
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 5 2011, 04:38 AM) *
How does this one go?

I would still take Wlad, but I must say, after seeing the Wlad-Haye fight, that thinking about this fight now, Jones does better than I originally expected. The size difference will be bigger than the fight with Haye, but then so will the speed.

Still taking Wlad, but I think Jones can win quite a few early rounds judging from the Haye fight.

I was originally going to just make it a Jones-Wlad thread, but even though I still think Wlad wins and so will most I'm guessing, I decided to add a Jones vs Haye as well, as that could have a bit more discussion.

Basically I wanted to make a thread to say that I think Jones would do better than I originally thought after watching this fight, but would probably still lose laugh.gif

Jones (Ruiz version) vs Haye anyone?

Haye would STARCH Jones.

People need to be honest and admit that John Ruiz is the second most pathetic fighter in the history of heavyweight next to Wlad. Joens would be no more effective versus Wlad than Hayew was....probably even less, since he's shorter, less of a reach.
Spyder
If Carl fucking Thompson can wax David Haye, there is not a doubt in my mind that Roy would do the same thing.
mrwigi
i think Wlad vs. Jones wuld look kinda like Leonard vs. Hagler(with a much more cautious WLAD)With that being said, Jones wuld have took Wlad to school. I mean, his only loss around that time was a DQ which he immediately avenged. Jones would have been landing 3 or 4 to for every jab landed for Wlad. Speed kills, and with the way the doctors chin is, i wuldnt have been surprised to see Roy knock him down. Give me Mr. Jones for 1000 Alex...lol.. I got Roy punishing both of them..
Method
QUOTE (E.C.LEGEND @ Jul 5 2011, 05:46 PM) *
I think roy wins both fights.

I've heard it all. Heard it all.
gravytrain
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Jul 5 2011, 07:15 PM) *
Honestly I think the Ruiz Version of Roy UD's them both.

Wlad was fighting tall against Haye but when he began to get more aggressive he was bending more at the knees and ready to catch the jab as he threw the job meaning he was a bit hesitant of the incoming. Haye did a damn good job slipping punches but wasn't stepping in enough with his slips to land anything significant. I think Roy would have adjusted to Wlad's safety first style(which is right up Roy's alley) and started slipping in to land the body shots early. Eventually they would have took a toll on Wlad and his hands would have began to drop. Roy was fast enough to be able to get in, throw two or possibly three punches and get out before anything was returned. Wlad does have a massive right hand but its slow as creek water and I dont believe he would have been able to land clean on Roy and if he did it wouldn't have been enough to take him out. At least not the confindent Ruiz Version of Roy.

As far as Haye goes, I believe Haye would have been less concerned about a big shot coming back his way so he probably would have tried to stay close and get Roy out of there. My concern would be how many shots could Roy avoid and the ones that landed what type of affect would they have had on Roy. With that being said I think Roy plays it safe, boxes Hayes ears off for 12 rounds staying on the outside and doing everything possible to avoid the big shot.

i think something people overlook is that Wlad will get taken off his game if you feint with him and don't give him an easy target. i remember when i watched him vs Ibragimov where he was treating him like he hit harder than Shavers, Tyson and Foreman combined but in reality he'd nothing for him and was just feinting with him. if he gives up his size advantage because of shit like that then he'll just keep on doing it.

i think RJJ would do a lot better than someone his size should have been able to do against Wlad. i see him feinting with him then going to the body and getting out. even if he didn't win he could go the 12 rounds and there's no damn way some guy that's 5'11" 198 pounds should stay that long with a 6'8" cat weighing about 250.
Method
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 6 2011, 05:27 PM) *
i think something people overlook is that Wlad will get taken off his game if you feint with him and don't give him an easy target. i remember when i watched him vs Ibragimov where he was treating him like he hit harder than Shavers, Tyson and Foreman combined but in reality he'd nothing for him and was just feinting with him. if he gives up his size advantage because of shit like that then he'll just keep on doing it.

i think RJJ would do a lot better than someone his size should have been able to do against Wlad. i see him feinting with him then going to the body and getting out. even if he didn't win he could go the 12 rounds and there's no damn way some guy that's 5'11" 198 pounds should stay that long with a 6'8" cat weighing about 250.

The right hand that Wlad drilled Haye with in the 3rd would have put Roy to SLEEP.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Method @ Jul 6 2011, 05:47 PM) *
The right hand that Wlad drilled Haye with in the 3rd would have out Roy to SLEEP.

RJJ has never had toe problems, he used to fight in Js. his feet would be in fighting shape and take him to the top.

i could see it being over easily but Haye couldn't dream of moving like RJJ.
King Eugene
Eh...that version of Roy would have been fine with that punch. Besides its the temple punches that he doesn't see coming is what lays Roy out.
E.C.LEGEND
QUOTE (Method @ Jul 6 2011, 04:14 PM) *
I've heard it all. Heard it all.

lol your boy hopkins would have a shot at beating haye also. this was the second time wlad has faced to fighter with fast hands and FEET(Haye&Bryd). The only other quick handed fighter was chambers. Byrd and haye had some success because Wlad is not use to fighting those type of fighters. If light heavies couldn't hit Roy I know good and well Wlad couldn't.
Method
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Jul 6 2011, 09:51 PM) *
Eh...that version of Roy would have been fine with that punch. Besides its the temple punches that he doesn't see coming is what lays Roy out.

Not in the Tarver fight
King Eugene
QUOTE (Method @ Jul 7 2011, 12:43 PM) *
Not in the Tarver fight

1 out of 4
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.