Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Possible Showdown For I.B.F. Welterweight Crown Looms
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
HazConvictedFelonMane
I've just heard rumbles about Andre Berto-Jan Zaveck championship fight. The projected date is Sept. 3.

I'm interested in seeing what Berto is made of. He suffered his first loss as a pro and I'm sure he wants to be a world champion once again. I don't know too much of Zaveck, other than the fact that he is on the main graphic on HBO's welterweight picture. I can't count Berto out. He has great speed and explosive power. Those attributes won't mean much if he has heart/chin issues. I do believe that he'll work hard to bounce back. Ortiz bounced back. Something that Berto has first hand knowldge of that. 24/7 going to run for 4 weeks, so they like to have live boxing before 24/7. I like it as well.
mrwigi
I think it will be interesting to see how Berto responds after a loss.
blackbelt2003
I'd like to see Berto back in the title picture, as he's an exciting fighter. One close loss to Ortiz shouldn't erase him from the scene. I still think a fight with Pacquiao would be entertaining even if Berto has lost some of his lustre, although Mayweather would have a field day with him.

Black
The Original MrFactor
Who is this guy?!?! I'd much rather see Berto/Mosley.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.