Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HATTON LOSS TO FLOYD BROKE HIM AS A FIGHTER
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Sicko
no question Mayweather broke him down Mentally and Physically...but I also question...JUST HOW GOOD WAS RICKY HATTON

I always thought in their PRIME, Junior Witter would have beat Hatton which is probably why Hatton stayed away from him
Fitz
People can say what they like about Hatton not deserving a shot against Mayweather, but I suppose Mayweather has fought other less deserving fighters than Hatton also. For example, Judah (at tha specific time), Mitchell, Marquez.
The onus has always been on Mayweather to fight the deserving ones. But anyways, he has fought less deserving fighters in that time, and the funny thing is, you can go all the way back to 2004 when Mayweather first moved above 135, and the Hatton fight has been one of his better wins in those 6-7 years, so that should speak volume......well it should either say something about Mayweather or Hatton, I suppose which ever way someone decides to interpret that.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (thehype @ Jul 8 2011, 04:55 PM) *
LMAO

On a side note, GEESH SENTRAL, you're KILLING ME with the big pics of Amanda Helen Tam in your sig. Maybe you can crop some of these smaller ones and use them instead:

laugh.gif

In all fairness to SENTRAL they did lose a sig bet with me and I personally requested a racier batch of jpegs as part of the bet (hence the tag line). They will stay for the month and I think considering some of the gay as Klit photo's I could've made them post these are a whole lot nicer to look at, you'd agree with that Hype? laugh.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jul 8 2011, 07:57 AM) *
Well...good Cocaine is instant happiness...lol

Seems to me Slick Rick doesn't have the Willpower and Self Respect to do it in moderation...the weak minded fatso.

This post is close to my heart.
thehype
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 8 2011, 08:04 PM) *
In all fairness to SENTRAL they did lose a sig bet with me and I personally requested a racier batch of jpegs as part of the bet (hence the tag line). They will stay for the month and I think considering some of the gay as Klit photo's I could've made them post these are a whole lot nicer to look at, you'd agree with that Hype? laugh.gif

LOL. No problem with the actual pictures...they're just so damn big. LOL.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (thehype @ Jul 8 2011, 11:27 PM) *
LOL. No problem with the actual pictures...they're just so damn big. LOL.

In this case big is good, LOL. However as for Spyder's current sig craziness...........................
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 9 2011, 09:42 AM) *
People can say what they like about Hatton not deserving a shot against Mayweather, but I suppose Mayweather has fought other less deserving fighters than Hatton also. For example, Judah (at tha specific time), Mitchell, Marquez.

There has not been a more deserving/worthy opponent for Floyd than Hatton at 147. Actually he is the best opponent he has fought since Castillo both on paper & in reality.

Spyder
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 9 2011, 12:40 AM) *
In this case big is good, LOL. However as for Spyder's current sig craziness...........................

Leave my Sig out of this!

It has a mind of its own...
blackbelt2003
QUOTE (TheFonz @ Jul 9 2011, 12:23 AM) *
Maybe trash wasn't the right phrase? What I meant to say is that Hatton was a pathetic excuse for fighter whose best wins where an over the hill Tzyu and an over the hill and unmotivated Castillo. He did absolutely nothing to deserve that shot against Mayweather so I'm happy that it ruined that no talent having peice of cow dung.

How can Hatton be a pathetic excuse for a fighter?

A pathetic excuse for a fighter is a guy who goes 0-10 with all losses by KO, not a guy who only lost two in forty odd fights.

Black
Fitz
It usually works that if you're not A grade, you automatically suck.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 9 2011, 04:38 AM) *
It usually works that if you're not A grade, you automatically suck.

Being European will get you to the dung heap quicker.
Fitz
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 9 2011, 09:29 PM) *
Being European will get you to the dung heap quicker.

Haha, true.
Mean Mister Mustard
I would say that based on who he beat, Hatton was a either a B+ or A- fighter, since he was able to beat pure B fighters such as Tackie, Lazcano, Urango and Malignaggi.
blackbelt2003
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Jul 9 2011, 01:43 PM) *
I would say that based on who he beat, Hatton was a either a B+ or A- fighter, since he was able to beat pure B fighters such as Tackie, Lazcano, Urango and Malignaggi.

Co-sign.

Unfortunately, being a B+ fighter on these boards seems to be derogatory instead of a compliment. A B+ fighter is about thirty levels above being a journeymen and a shitty novice, and only one level below Mayweather and Pacquiao, so why Hatton gets shit for being as good as he was (or wasn't) is beyond me, especially when other B level fighters like Gatti, Corrales, Cotto et al get so much love.

Black
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jul 8 2011, 07:57 AM) *
Well...good Cocaine is instant happiness...lol

Seems to me Slick Rick doesn't have the Willpower and Self Respect to do it in moderation...the weak minded fatso.

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 8 2011, 07:06 PM) *
This post is close to my heart.

thumbsup_anim.gif

Something's wrong with my search engine or I'd look up that old new years post from a couple years ago.

As for Hatton -- B+ fighter I'd say. His win over Tszyu was tainted as shit the way it went down but I do believe Ricky would have won even without the queen mum fucking poor KT into a stupor before the bout. Ricky had it that night, and Kostya didn't.

I will also always appreciate Hatton for the unintentional comedy he provided us all in his two KO losses.

Again, if I had search engine working properly I'd look up that old Pac-Hatton thread. (ahem, CEO)
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jul 9 2011, 02:05 AM) *
Leave my Sig out of this!

It has a mind of its own...

The Falcon Punch gif is classic. Ol' boy Johnny Cage'd that bitch.
ChadSaysTakeTheTest
Pac put Hatton down fast because of the clash of styles. Hatton likes to stand and trade..and with Pacquiao, that just ain't guna cut it. Mayweather as we all know is a defensive fighter with not as much power. So it took him longer to put Hatton down, but he had to go through a worse beating.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.