Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Koncz confirms Pacquiao has NOT agreed to all terms
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
caneman
QUOTE (thehype @ Jul 10 2011, 12:06 PM) *
Again, I thought they already agreed to all of Floyd's terms during the "second round of negotiations." The "agency" question wasn't a problem for Pacquiao in the past. Why is USADA a problem now if they weren't a problem when they agreed before?

dntknw.gif

One thing though Ben, with Pacman over there, is it not a better idea in a way? Is the USADA not only for the USA? Arum is still fucking this fight up though! One more thing, didn't Floyd say to you right on the site that they were never even in the "second round of negotiations"??????????
Hotsauce
smh @ this whole situation.

imo, this just proves that manny never agreed to random drug testing.

all of the sudden usada is a problem???
caneman
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Jul 10 2011, 12:16 PM) *
smh @ this whole situation.

imo, this just proves that manny never agreed to random drug testing.

all of the sudden usada is a problem???

He never agreed to it with less than a 14 day cut off...it's common knowledge IMO...hell with what some bullshit video on youtube says! lol
Walstan86
Yeah...Floyd said there never were 2nd negotiations. I'll take his word for it. As for Arum, at least he's been consistent. His objections to the USADA in 2009 are the same one's he's voicing now. That's not new. What would be new is if Floyd changed his position of not caring who did the testing back then.

I seriously doubt it's going to be a problem/roadblock to the fight happening next year.
Hotsauce
QUOTE (caneman @ Jul 10 2011, 12:19 PM) *
He never agreed to it with less than a 14 day cut off...it's common knowledge IMO...hell with what some bullshit video on youtube says! lol

lol
gravytrain
QUOTE (caneman @ Jul 10 2011, 01:12 PM) *
One thing though Ben, with Pacman over there, is it not a better idea in a way? Is the USADA not only for the USA? Arum is still fucking this fight up though! One more thing, didn't Floyd say to you right on the site that they were never even in the "second round of negotiations"??????????

they could be used in a situation like this. to be honest it's like i put in this thread already, if the USADA is biased then so are the other credible anti-doping agencies. the USADA isn't the Russian "anti-doping" agency that actually lets their own get away with everything, it just can't catch everyone. the same effort the USADA and WADA puts into catching people athletes and people handling them put into cheating tests.

i think there's 2 ways to look at it. one way is Arum wants an organization that's going to report to NSAC, he hinted towards that in the article. but why would he want them to report when they're going to do a blood test? that seems really suspicious to me and i doubt that gets us any closer to seeing the fight. the second reason is he's trying to turn around the drug testing situation. Arum tried to demolish the USADA in that article saying it's some biased cowboy organization doing what it wants to and has inferior testing. then he comes in saying he really wants it to be a clean fight so they need to use the real organization, WADA, and really just postures to make him and his fighter look good. either way it's petty and if he really had a legitimate issue with the organization he would have handled it during a negotiation, him going to the media like this means it's just posturing.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Walstan86 @ Jul 10 2011, 01:19 PM) *
Yeah...Floyd said there never were 2nd negotiations. I'll take his word for it. As for Arum, at least he's been consistent. His objections to the USADA in 2009 are the same one's he's voicing now. That's not new. What would be new is if Floyd changed his position of not caring who did the testing back then.

I seriously doubt it's going to be a problem/roadblock to the fight happening next year.

he never had objections to the USADA, he'd objections to the testing they implement. he wanted everything from being told in advance when they would test Pac and a pretty generous cutoff date. he hasn't been consistent. Pac himself told Timothy James that he's no problem with the testing and only doesn't want to be tested the day before the fight yet time and time again Arum makes it up as he goes and is constantly trying to change something.

Arum in my opinion is really making Pac look bad. it's really Pac's fault for letting him though. but time and time again this cat has Pac going back on his word or calling for things he doesn't even want.
Walstan86
Can anyone offer a credible reason why Floyd might reject having the WADA do the tests he wants?
caneman
QUOTE (Walstan86 @ Jul 10 2011, 12:49 PM) *
Can anyone offer a credible reason why Floyd might reject having the WADA do the tests he wants?

That will be up to Floyd I guess and IF HE WILL DO WHAT HE SAID IN 2009! PER THAT ESPN ARTICLE YOU POSTED!
thehype
One thing though Ben, with Pacman over there, is it not a better idea in a way? Is the USADA not only for the USA? Arum is still fucking this fight up though!

USADA is recognized by the U.S. Congress (the same U.S. Congress that Manny Pacquiao helped Nevada Senator Harry Reid get re-elected to) as the official anti-doping agency for Olympic, Pan American and Paralympic sport in the United States. It's the same organization that tests U.S. athletes prior to competing on the world stage against other athletes in the Olympics. Oh wait....I see...so because Manny Pacquiao is from the Philippines, there's some concern about this U.S. based organization....meanwhile, they have no concern about the U.S. based athletic commissions (Nevada and Texas) they fight for...or the U.S. based judges that score their fights. When it comes to U.S. based organizations, the only time trust becomes an issues is when it comes to drug testing. Okay...I get it....I see their point....but seriously, does that really make any sense?

dntknw.gif

One more thing, didn't Floyd say to you right on the site that they were never even in the "second round of negotiations"??????????

Ummmmmmmmmm....that's kind of my point, is it not? They've been saying they weren't negotiating, but Bob Arum told you all terms were agreed to during a second round of negotiations, therefore, if you believe Bob Arum, then I ask, why wasn't USADA an issues when he told you they agreed to all terms? Either they never agreed to all terms...or there was never a real second round of negotiations...which one is it?

dntknw.gif
thehype
QUOTE (Walstan86 @ Jul 10 2011, 01:19 PM) *

Okay, if you're taking Floyd's word for it now, then wouldn't you say Bob Arum was lying about it? If he was lying about it, then wouldn't you say he was lying about agreeing to all terms? That doesn't sound like he's being "consistent" to me. Sounds to me like Bob Arum is constantly changing his position. From scared of needles to scared of giving blood close to a fight...from 30 days out to 24 days out...from no 14 days to 14 days is okay...from no USADA to agreeing to all terms back to no USADA...WTF? How the hell do you explain all of that inconsistency? In fact, seems to me like the ONLY side being consistent is Mayweather....RANDOM IS RANDOM...FULL OLYMPIC-STYLE RANDOM BLOOD AND URINE TESTING LEADING ALL THE WAY UP UNTIL THE FIGHT. Nothing has changed since 2009 as far as Mayweather's side is concerned. Meanwhile, there's been nothing but inconsistency and contradictions from several members of Paquiao's team. WTF? LOL.

As for USADA, as much as Bob Arum is concerned about sorting out the logistics of using a 3rd-party organization along with the boxing commission, I really don't see why he would even want to use a brand new organization. USADA is no different than WADA except for the fact that they already got the experience doing this once before, and now, they're about to get a second fight under their belt. I would think it makes more sense to use an organization that already has experience doing it. LOL. SMH. Saying that USADA isn't neutral is simply bullshit from Arum.
thehype
QUOTE (Walstan86 @ Jul 10 2011, 01:49 PM) *

Can anyone offer a credible reason why USADA would be any less neutral than a state run boxing commission like the Nevada State Athletic Commission?

dntknw.gif
thehype
QUOTE (caneman @ Jul 10 2011, 01:54 PM) *
That will be up to Floyd I guess and IF HE WILL DO WHAT HE SAID IN 2009! PER THAT ESPN ARTICLE YOU POSTED!

He also offered a 14-day cut-off in 2009, but I don't think that's on the table anymore now, is it?

laugh.gif
caneman
QUOTE (thehype @ Jul 10 2011, 01:18 PM) *
USADA is recognized by the U.S. Congress (the same U.S. Congress that Manny Pacquiao helped Nevada Senator Harry Reid get re-elected to) as the official anti-doping agency for Olympic, Pan American and Paralympic sport in the United States. It's the same organization that tests U.S. athletes prior to competing on the world stage against other athletes in the Olympics. Oh wait....I see...so because Manny Pacquiao is from the Philippines, there's some concern about this U.S. based organization....meanwhile, they have no concern about the U.S. based athletic commissions (Nevada and Texas) they fight for...or the U.S. based judges that score their fights. When it comes to U.S. based organizations, the only time trust becomes an issues is when it comes to drug testing. Okay...I get it....I see their point....but seriously, does that really make any sense?

dntknw.gif

Ummmmmmmmmm....that's kind of my point, is it not? They've been saying they weren't negotiating, but Bob Arum told you all terms were agreed to during a second round of negotiations, therefore, if you believe Bob Arum, then I ask, why wasn't USADA an issues when he told you they agreed to all terms? Either they never agreed to all terms...or there was never a real second round of negotiations...which one is it?

dntknw.gif

I was saying that it is harder to have true access to pac with the USADA actually...I say WADA should be fine and the NSAC SHOULD STAY THE FUCK OUTTA THAT PART OF THIS FIGHT!

And don't get me wrong, we all know Arum is scum and a liar and team pac can't get their stories straight but TEAM MONEY MAY has done the same kinda thing and we should ALL know pac never agreed to take full random test with no cut off!
caneman
QUOTE (thehype @ Jul 10 2011, 01:31 PM) *
He also offered a 14-day cut-off in 2009, but I don't think that's on the table anymore now, is it?

laugh.gif

Right now I don't see anything on any table really! I would say 2009 was 2009 and today is today! No? lol
gravytrain
QUOTE (Walstan86 @ Jul 10 2011, 01:49 PM) *

where do you see people talking about he'll refuse it? that's something you would have to ask Hype or someone representing Mayweather. what people including myself are wondering is why the USADA doing the tests is even an issue. it's never even been called into question but now they're not neutral, a cowboy organization doing whatever it wants with no oversight and aren't as stringent as WADA or whoever he's talking about.

the USADA follows WADA procedures and America is the biggest contributor to WADA. there goes most of his argument. so if it's not the testing or neutrality that's really an issue then what? looks like it's just posturing. that or his "they don't report to NSAC for tests" means that he wants an organization that schedules tests in advance and that isn't random, then it's just another issue.
caneman
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 10 2011, 01:42 PM) *
where do you see people talking about he'll refuse it? that's something you would have to ask Hype or someone representing Mayweather. what people including myself are wondering is why the USADA doing the tests is even an issue. it's never even been called into question but now they're not neutral, a cowboy organization doing whatever it wants with no oversight and aren't as stringent as WADA or whoever he's talking about.

the USADA follows WADA procedures and America is the biggest contributor to WADA. there goes most of his argument. so if it's not the testing or neutrality that's really an issue then what? looks like it's just posturing. that or his "they don't report to NSAC for tests" means that he wants an organization that schedules tests in advance and that isn't random, then it's just another issue.

Good post! The ONLY thing is the USADA is in the USA, NOT THE PHILIPPINES! Arum needs to shut the fuck up though! I wish Pacman was with GBP! This fight would already be signed IMO!
thehype
QUOTE (caneman @ Jul 10 2011, 02:32 PM) *
I was saying that it is harder to have true access to pac with the USADA actually...I say WADA should be fine and the NSAC SHOULD STAY THE FUCK OUTTA THAT PART OF THIS FIGHT!

And don't get me wrong, we all know Arum is scum and a liar and team pac can't get their stories straight but TEAM MONEY MAY has done the same kinda thing and we should ALL know pac never agreed to take full random test with no cut off!

Harder to have access? Why? Because for 3 or so weeks, he's going to train in the Philippines? Isn't that what that made airplanes and hotel rooms for? So people can fly around the world and stay in remote locations?

laugh.gif

Surely you don't think WADA has a local affiliate in the Philippines, do you?

dntknw.gif

And when has Team Money May not got their stories straight regarding the drug testing? Do explain.
gravytrain
QUOTE (caneman @ Jul 10 2011, 02:47 PM) *
Good post! The ONLY thing is the USADA is in the USA, NOT THE PHILIPPINES! Arum needs to shut the fuck up though! I wish Pacman was with GBP! This fight would already be signed IMO!

man, if Arum didn't have Pac i think TR and him would be like Don King right now lol.

i agree about the Pac being with GBP, DLH is too dumb to let the fight marinade like Arum has. we would have already seen the fight. DLH needs to stick to the fishnets and coke and let Schaefer get some lessons from Arum.
Walstan86
QUOTE (thehype @ Jul 10 2011, 01:28 PM) *
Nothing has changed since 2009 as far as Mayweather's side is concerned.

Great. Then Floyd's cool with WADA. Looks like we're gonna see the Fight of the Century next year.
thehype
QUOTE (caneman @ Jul 10 2011, 02:34 PM) *
Right now I don't see anything on any table really! I would say 2009 was 2009 and today is today! No? lol

Absolutely. Have you not been paying attention..."just take the tests and we have a fight!" From May 2, 2010 until now, the same thing has been on the table. Agree to the same tests that Shane Mosley agreed to...agree to the same tests that Victor Ortiz agreed to...the fight is a done deal, period! The reality, however, is that thus far, they've NEVER agreed despite telling everyone that they HAVE agreed. Again, I'm not sure why that little fact is getting ignored by so many people.
gravytrain
QUOTE (thehype @ Jul 10 2011, 02:50 PM) *
Harder to have access? Why? Because for 3 or so weeks, he's going to train in the Philippines? Isn't that what that made airplanes and hotel rooms for? So people can fly around the world and stay in remote locations?

laugh.gif

dntknw.gif

And when has Team Money May not got their stories straight regarding the drug testing? Do explain.

if Arum thought the Philippines anti-doping agency was neutral that would be some serious shit lol. i'm sure that nobody in the Philippines would mind if Pac trained in America for a fight with Mayweather, i doubt the government would care if the USADA was there testing Pac either.
caneman
QUOTE (thehype @ Jul 10 2011, 01:50 PM) *

laugh.gif

dntknw.gif

I never said team money may didn't have their stories str8 on testing, in fact they have been clear since day one! laugh.gif I guess I never looked @ where they have members of WADA or the USADA so I can only say who knows where any of them are? Do you? Just that THE USADA IS FOR THE USA! Still just a way for Arum to lie and fuck things up! I take it you think I am diss money may and being a pactard, I think what I asked 1st were to fair question, my bad! drinks.gif
thehype
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 10 2011, 02:42 PM) *
looks like it's just posturing. that or his "they don't report to NSAC for tests" means that he wants an organization that schedules tests in advance and that isn't random, then it's just another issue.

I think, more than likely, this is going to go back to Arum demanding that the Nevada State Athletic Commission be petitioned to change their testing procedures to incorporate an outside organization like WADA in order to do full Olympic-style random blood and urine testing. If you pay attention to what Arum is saying, he's not just saying they agree to Olmpic-style drug testing...he's also saying that the organization that does the testing should report to the commission, so that leads me to believe that this is something that's going to have to be voted on by the commission, and considering that they already rejected more stringent testing once before, I don't see them agreeing to it in the future...and that, in my opinion, is something that Bob Arum already knows.

Watch what I tell you. If you think that Bob Arum is saying he's okay with the testing so long as WADA, not USADA, is doing it, then you're crazy. In fact, he didn't say it was WADA he was referring, so we're not even sure of which "Olympic Organization" that Bob Arum is talking about. Just watch what I tell you.
caneman
QUOTE (thehype @ Jul 10 2011, 02:01 PM) *
I think, more than likely, this is going to go back to Arum demanding that the Nevada State Athletic Commission be petitioned to change their testing procedures to incorporate an outside organization like WADA in order to do full Olympic-style random blood and urine testing. If you pay attention to what Arum is saying, he's not just saying they agree to Olmpic-style drug testing...he's also saying that the organization that does the testing should report to the commission, so that leads me to believe that this is something that's going to have to be voted on by the commission, and considering that they already rejected more stringent testing once before, I don't see them agreeing to it in the future...and that, in my opinion, is something that Bob Arum already knows.

Watch what I tell you. If you think that Bob Arum is saying he's okay with the testing so long as WADA, not USADA, is doing it, then you're crazy. In fact, he didn't say it was WADA he was referring, so we're not even sure of which "Olympic Organization" that Bob Arum is talking about. Just watch what I tell you.

Now that is a really good question and again the NSAC should have NOTHING to do with this other than their normal job is and that is a FACT!
gravytrain
QUOTE (thehype @ Jul 10 2011, 03:01 PM) *

i was wondering why he's talking about involving the commission but never thought about it like that. i was thinking it might be a situation where there commission could OK a cutoff then Arum would say "we'll comply to with everything Mayweather wants, the Olympic org and NSAC just imposed a cutoff" lol.

personally i think he just did this because the testing is going to be a serious issue again. Mayweather is back in the ring again and everyone wants to see the fight. Mosley took the tests and Ortiz will be taking them. if there's no fight without the testing something would have to give and Arum has been on record too many times talking about it's getting worked out and he's agreed to the demands. it would be pretty easy for him to flip the whole situation on Mayweather by saying those things about the USADA then saying there's a fight if Mayweather agrees to the superior and unbiased "Olympic organization" doing the testing.
Hotsauce
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 10 2011, 01:42 PM) *

i never thought of that
Walstan86
Now Arum never intended random testing because he wants the WADA to report its results to the boxing commission. The craziness here borders on the insane....
ChadSaysTakeTheTest
QUOTE (thehype @ Jul 10 2011, 11:54 AM) *
Absolutely. Have you not been paying attention..."just take the tests and we have a fight!" From May 2, 2010 until now, the same thing has been on the table. Agree to the same tests that Shane Mosley agreed to...agree to the same tests that Victor Ortiz agreed to...the fight is a done deal, period! The reality, however, is that thus far, they've NEVER agreed despite telling everyone that they HAVE agreed. Again, I'm not sure why that little fact is getting ignored by so many people.

It's very frustrating when you have so many people in denial about this fact. I don't understand why these particular fans will continue to stand and defend . I'm sure if Floyd was on the other side..everyone would be screaming Take The Test..
gravytrain
QUOTE (Walstan86 @ Jul 10 2011, 04:26 PM) *
Now Arum never intended random testing because he wants the WADA to report its results to the boxing commission. The craziness here borders on the insane....

it's not just reporting to the NSAC it's working with them in general. nobody knows his expectations or even what organization he's talking about, he's been pretty vague other than saying the USADA isn't neutral. how does anyone know what the NSAC's role will be? what knowledge is available is that all the anti-doping agencies are following the WADA procedures so it's kind of hard to take him seriously when he says he wants "the most stringent" testing. then if he's talking about using WADA there's the issue of America contributing more money than any other country to them. why would it be anymore neutral than the USADA when the US is contributing so much money to them and the USADA is associated with WADA?

since the only real issue is the USADA doesn't report to anyone except WADA and the organization he wants to use would be working with the NSAC you've to wonder why he would want such a thing and why he's going out of his way to discredit the USADA.
caneman
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 10 2011, 04:02 PM) *
it's not just reporting to the NSAC it's working with them in general. nobody knows his expectations or even what organization he's talking about, he's been pretty vague other than saying the USADA isn't neutral. how does anyone know what the NSAC's role will be? what knowledge is available is that all the anti-doping agencies are following the WADA procedures so it's kind of hard to take him seriously when he says he wants "the most stringent" testing. then if he's talking about using WADA there's the issue of America contributing more money than any other country to them. why would it be anymore neutral than the USADA when the US is contributing so much money to them and the USADA is associated with WADA?

since the only real issue is the USADA doesn't report to anyone except WADA and the organization he wants to use would be working with the NSAC you've to wonder why he would want such a thing and why he's going out of his way to discredit the USADA.

True that!
Hotsauce
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 10 2011, 04:02 PM) *

well arum is known for bribery
caneman
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Jul 10 2011, 04:42 PM) *
well arum is known for bribery

got any links to share?
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
I wish Floyd would come out and say "I agree to fight Manny abiding by the current testing in place and take the same tests that all of his previous opponents have taken and I'm going to whoop his ass."

Now THAT would really put the pressure on Bob Arum. I'd laugh to see what the silly old codger could come up with then.
gravytrain
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 10 2011, 05:47 PM) *
I wish Floyd would come out and say "I agree to fight Manny abiding by the current testing in place and take the same tests that all of his previous opponents have taken and I'm going to whoop his ass."

Now THAT would really put the pressure on Bob Arum. I'd laugh to see what the silly old codger could come up with then.

lol the only pressure it would put on him is to talk so much shit to Mayweather he'll retire for another year. i wouldn't be surprised if he tried to run with the improved testing like it's his idea all along. a man can dream.
Hotsauce
QUOTE (caneman @ Jul 10 2011, 04:45 PM) *
got any links to share?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/otherspor...eman-fight.html
caneman
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Jul 10 2011, 05:19 PM) *

Cheers, I forgot all about that!!! drinks.gif
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (thehype @ Jul 11 2011, 03:03 AM) *
That was my opinion during Mayweather's retirement...and I actually remember people laughing at me for even suggesting the idea of Manny Pacquiao fighting at welterweight.

laugh.gif

Go figure.

And don't be like some of these other idiots...you've been here long enough to know that my opinion changed LOOOOONG before we had any Mayweather interviews on the site.

I remember all the debate about how Pac has no business above 135 etc etc. I thought he would struggle with the bigger guys but he has kept his hand & footspeed + he is fighting at his natural walkaround weight so no wonder he is comfortable.

I know your opinion changed after Mayweather whipped a overweight piss drinking Marquez & before the Mayweather interviews/insights started happening.

I pretty much knew that just wanted your confirmation on who you are picking as of today.

You know, for some of you guys that have been around here even before FightHype was around, I'm really starting to get a little insulted with some of your comments and insinuations.

That is unfortunate as I happen to feel that this is the best site for boxing on the net & has been my only site for many years except when I need to see a result that you guys did not cover.

One thing I always do is promote FH as the top boxing site & MB on the net. It may not be as big as others but there is a lot of knowledge here & the fact that you provide so many interviews & articles for free when other sites charge $$ to read a press release is excellent.

I have said that I think this site & you pander to Mayweathers ego & I have also said that that is cool as you have to do what you have to do to run this business & in business you have to make the client/talent feel good to get their ongoing trade. You do that with Floyd & he is giving you continual business as a result & a shitload of site hits. You also have asked him some tough questions & he has answered them. How much truth there is in his answers is up for speculation but you have asked him some quality questions recently.

So, now that I say that I pick Mayweather to win, that will prompt many to label me as biased, right? LOL.

I don't like Mayweather but I happen to pick him to win as well as I think he is the better boxer. That said What Mayweather does in the ring has never shocked me in the slightest but as for Pac he has shocked me many times over the years.

My point was if you did say my opinion is that Pac will win would Team Mayweather still give you their custom? I think not but you are providing a quality outlet for them to get their opinions out & they do not appear have the same media muscle as Top Rank.

Spyder
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 10 2011, 04:13 AM) *
It allows him to have a 'normal' training camp, it doesn't give him an edge like PED's do. He isn't building stamina and cardio, he isn't increasing strength, he isn't adding muscle.

I don't even know why I am having this debate, it's legal. I don't recall you having a problem with Danny Green drinking powerade or a different drink in his fight, even though it's illegal in most other states. Why didn't you? Because it's legal where Green done it. You don't have an issue with that, you shouldn't have an issue with this. I will stand corrected if you did imply Green was cheating and gaining an unfair advantage though, but I don't remember that.
But like I said, it's legal, so any argument against it holds no water.

Well, it "enhances" his performance doesn't it? I mean, if he can hit more shit with it than without it...

dntknw.gif

Ok, so it doesn't give him an unfair advantage over his competition, because the rest of them don't have brittle hands. In that case, Paulie Malignaggi should be allowed to juice so his punches are an equal effectiveness to his competition. I mean, you couldn't possibly consider it an advantage for him if his punches were merely "man" strength, rather than what they are now.

QUOTE (thehype @ Jul 10 2011, 04:37 AM) *
LMFAO

SMH at some of you guys.

I thought terms were already agreed to this time last year. Why was USADA not an issue last year during the "second round of negotiations"?

dntknw.gif

I thought there weren't any negotiations?

laugh.gif
thehype
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jul 10 2011, 10:08 PM) *
I thought there weren't any negotiations?

laugh.gif

Again, that's my fvcking point. If there WERE negotiations, as Bob Arum said, then I thought they AGREED TO ALL TERMS, as Bob Arum said, SO WHY WAS USADA NEVER MENTIONED AS BEING AN ISSUE IF THEY SAID THEY AGREED TO ALL TERMS DURING THE SECOND ROUND OF NEGOTIATIONS?????????????

laugh.gif

I would think if they were THAT CONCERNED about the neutrality of USADA, then Bob Arum would have NEVER ANNOUNCED that they AGREED TO ALL TERMS!

Understand?
D-MARV
At this point... Only an idiot couldn't see that it's Bob Arum that is preventing this fight from happening. Floyd wants it and I know Pac would sign up.

The fact the Arum was already talking Rios up as a potential opponent tells me that he has no intention on making this fight. Part of me thinks that this is only payback for Floyd leaving his ass a few years ago.

Here's my guess as to what's going to happen...

Mayweather beats Ortiz, then calls out Pacquiao

Pacquiao beats Marquez

Arum begins talking Mayweather but this latest curveball prevents it from happening

Pacquiao goes on to fight Cotto-Margarito winner.

Mayweather beats Khan then retires

Arum will proclaim that Mayweather was scared to fight.

Pacquiao then fights yet another Top rank fighter, maybe Chavez @ 156.

At the end of the day... Arum is the number 1 reason why this fight has not happen.

Walstan86
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 10 2011, 10:10 PM) *
Arum begins talking Mayweather but this latest curveball prevents it from happening

Please explain why Floyd would object to someone other than USADA doing the random Olympic-style testing that he wants when it didn't matter to him who did the testing in 2009?

Why is this a "curveball" and why should it prevent the fight?
Hops
Unless one of them tell the other one "Let us both put it in writing!", there's nothing fans like us can do but whine.

And by the way, are we absolutely sure that this drug testing is the only remaining stumbling block?

Had they agreed on the purse split?

Arum and Floyd are playing a game of chess here. Floyd, right now, is under check. Will he move his king or take the offending piece?
Spyder
QUOTE (thehype @ Jul 10 2011, 10:49 PM) *
Again, that's my fvcking point. If there WERE negotiations, as Bob Arum said, then I thought they AGREED TO ALL TERMS, as Bob Arum said, SO WHY WAS USADA NEVER MENTIONED AS BEING AN ISSUE IF THEY SAID THEY AGREED TO ALL TERMS DURING THE SECOND ROUND OF NEGOTIATIONS?????????????

laugh.gif

I would think if they were THAT CONCERNED about the neutrality of USADA, then Bob Arum would have NEVER ANNOUNCED that they AGREED TO ALL TERMS!

Understand?

You might need to type slower for me...

So, what your saying is...all terms were agreed to for the second round of fake negotiations for the fight that never happened....sooooo, nothing should change now?

Hotsauce
i read that arum wants WADA
caneman
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Jul 11 2011, 01:22 PM) *
i read that arum wants WADA

so since one backs the other is it a big deal? can the fight be made? i am getting sick of talking about it almost! lol
Hotsauce
QUOTE (caneman @ Jul 11 2011, 01:26 PM) *
so since one backs the other is it a big deal? can the fight be made? i am getting sick of talking about it almost! lol

lol i don't know you have to ask ben that.
gravytrain
QUOTE (caneman @ Jul 11 2011, 02:26 PM) *

i read that Arum actually wants a Filipino agency to handle the testing for Pac when he's in the Philippines, not the USADA or WADA.
thehype
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jul 11 2011, 01:12 PM) *
You might need to type slower for me...

So, what your saying is...all terms were agreed to for the second round of fake negotiations for the fight that never happened....sooooo, nothing should change now?

Noooooooo....

What....

I....

am....

saying....

is....

if....

Bob Arum....

agreed....

to....

all....

terms....

like....

he....

said....

they....

did.....

prior....

to...

giving....

Floyd....

the....

deadline....

last....

year....

then....

why......

is.....

USADA.....

a.....

problem....

now....

if....

USADA....

was....

not.....

a.....

problem....

back....

then?????

If, there were negotiations, like Pacquiao's side claims, then Bob Arum LIED about agreeing to all terms if he is JUST NOW claiming that they agree to full random blood testing so long as it's NOT USADA.

If, there were no negotiations, like Mayweather's side claims, then again, Bob Arum LIED about agreeing to all terms.

My question is very simple....when EXACTLY did USADA become a problem for Pacquiao's side if they previously agreed to all terms?

I really don't expect you to provide any meaningful dialogue regarding that very simple question, however, so I guess I'm just asking in general.
thehype
QUOTE (caneman @ Jul 11 2011, 02:26 PM) *

Do some research on Google about what organizations actually conduct the testing for WADA.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.