Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Koncz confirms Pacquiao has NOT agreed to all terms
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
gravytrain
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Jul 8 2011, 01:25 PM) *
Now all of a sudden its old news, no one cares etc. I should dig up all the pactard posts saying he agreed to random blood testing but at this point it isn't even worth it.

I will sit patiently and await the Koncz doesn't know anything posts instead. laugh.gif

someone on here was real vocal about it but i can't remember who. i think they even tried to call out Hype on it and act like that video just got one over on him lol. Pac has some really loyal fans to come on here and put their rep on the line when Pac, Arum, Koncz, Ariza and Roach can't even agree on what time it's
Prov0
Ive been saying it. They Never agreed to anything bottom line is Top Rank is just milking manny they kno he cant beat Floyd .there just waiting for manny to be done and then they will feed him to the big dog.

And Pac fans stop tryin to find a excuse "whos Floyd to dictate a drug test hes not the commision'
Well whos Pac to ask for s 10 milion dollar penalty ,8 oz gloves "welterweight is suppose to be 10oz"
And ring size,oh yeah and a man who always fights at catch weights and puts Rehydrating clause in contract!
But yet Floyd ask for a Drug test and hes scared lol lol....
BoxingFan86
If the fight ever does happen, my prediction is that Floyd wins (officially), but loses in the public's eye. A barrage of excuses (i.e. Floyd was too big, etc...) will ensue. It'll be another Catch 22 situation for Floyd. For the record, MANNY IS NOTTTTTTTTTTTT SCARED OF FLOYD! If it were up to him, the fight would've been happened.
Prov0
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Jul 8 2011, 03:10 PM) *
If the fight ever does happen, my prediction is that Floyd wins (officially), but loses in the public's eye. A barrage of excuses (i.e. Floyd was too big, etc...) will ensue. It'll be another Catch 22 situation for Floyd. For the record, MANNY IS NOTTTTTTTTTTTT SCARED OF FLOYD! If it were up to him, the fight would've been happened.

Im with u i dont think either one is scared of eachother IMO Top Rank dont want this fight to happen. Say it did 2 years ago and Floyd whooped his ass.Pac would not be as big as he is today.Bob is just Milking Pac man .thats all .
Walstan86
http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/story/100115.html

"We have agreed in the Pacquiao camp to unlimited random testing done by a responsible, neutral organization," Arum told Yahoo. "We don't believe USADA is a neutral organization.

"I don't think anybody's test is as vigorous as the test administered by the Olympic Organization. And we can arrange for the Olympic Organization to handle the test under the supervision of the Athletic commission respective of the state where the fight is going to be held."
jlupi
I cant believe this argument never ends.

Koncz and ellerbe are both overpaid Groupies
KookedKrack
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Jul 8 2011, 01:25 PM) *
I will sit patiently and await the Koncz doesn't know anything posts instead. laugh.gif

QUOTE (jlupi @ Jul 8 2011, 03:53 PM) *
I cant believe this argument never ends.

Koncz and ellerbe are both overpaid Groupies

PColeman28
What's killing me about this whole blood loss thing is this....When you watch the video of pac talking about how he was weak when he fought morales, blood taken day or whatever before the fight etc etc..... there is one thing that is stands out very much so in that interview and it's the fact that pacquaio admitted to NOT EATING, OR DRINKING ANY KIND OF FLUIDS because he was trying to make weight..that's why he was weak...
thehype
QUOTE (Walstan86 @ Jul 8 2011, 03:39 PM) *
http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/story/100115.html

"We have agreed in the Pacquiao camp to unlimited random testing done by a responsible, neutral organization," Arum told Yahoo. "We don't believe USADA is a neutral organization.

"I don't think anybody's test is as vigorous as the test administered by the Olympic Organization. And we can arrange for the Olympic Organization to handle the test under the supervision of the Athletic commission respective of the state where the fight is going to be held."

Here's the original story: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/8...dar.html?cat=14

LOL @ ESPN UK picking up a story from an "exclusive interview" done by a Yahoo "contributor" (Granville Ampong) who I believe is a Filipino. Not that it even matters if he's Filipino, but it is interesting to see Bob Arum telling him that as opposed to the actual Yahoo journalist Kevin Iole. It's almost as if Arum is tugging at the hearts of all Filipinos, making it look as though they shouldn't trust USADA because it's a US-based organization and Pacquiao is a Filipino fighter. Meanwhile, he's all about trusting the Nevada State Athletic Commission, another US-based organization.

LMAO.

Just out of curiosity, what the FVCK is the Olympic Organization? I've never heard of that organization before. Is he referring to the International Olympic Committee (IOC)? If that's the case, then I assume he's REALLY talking about the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), which handles the drug testing for the Olympics. But then again, if he's referring to WADA, then what the hell is the difference in the US Anti-Doping Agency (USADA), which is affiliated with WADA?

The USADA is legally associated to the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), through the WADA Anti-Doping Code, to which the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) is a signatory.

So let me get this straight, USADA follows the WADA Anti-Doping Code, Pacquiao fights and makes money here in the United States and trusts the rules and regulations of the boxing commissions here in the United States, but now all of a sudden they don't trust USADA.

Get the fvck out of here.

I hate to say it, but some of you diehard fans are really, really, REALLY fvckin dumb. I can't even hate on Bob Arum. If I had it that easy, I'd keep doing what he's doing too. Man, I can't wait to see Pacquiao vs. Cotto 2, Pacquiao vs. Margarito 2, and Pacquiao vs. Mike Jones. LOL.

Oh, and not for nothing, but perhaps Arum should get word to Michael Koncz and let him know about what the new story is so everybody can get back on the same page. LOL.

It truly amazes me how some people continue to believe the person who keeps moving the goal posts as opposed to someone who has consistently said the same thing over, and over, and over again. SMH.
Walstan86
There's a reason they call this place FloydHype on the net. From my perspective it looks like these two are headed for a showdown next year.
FightHypeRules
QUOTE (Walstan86 @ Jul 8 2011, 02:45 PM) *
There's a reason they call this place FloydHype on the net. From my perspective it looks like these two are headed for a showdown next year.

sometimes it defintely feels that way.

As for the fight, I don't even care anymore. If it happens, it happens. It'll end up being a letdown anyway.
caneman
QUOTE (thehype @ Jul 8 2011, 03:52 PM) *
Here's the original story: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/8...dar.html?cat=14

LOL @ ESPN UK picking up a story from an "exclusive interview" done by a Yahoo "contributor" (Granville Ampong) who I believe is a Filipino. Not that it even matters if he's Filipino, but it is interesting to see Bob Arum telling him that as opposed to the actual Yahoo journalist Kevin Iole. It's almost as if Arum is tugging at the hearts of all Filipinos, making it look as though they shouldn't trust USADA because it's a US-based organization and Pacquiao is a Filipino fighter. Meanwhile, he's all about trusting the Nevada State Athletic Commission, another US-based organization.

LMAO.

Just out of curiosity, what the FVCK is the Olympic Organization? I've never heard of that organization before. Is he referring to the International Olympic Committee (IOC)? If that's the case, then I assume he's REALLY talking about the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), which handles the drug testing for the Olympics. But then again, if he's referring to WADA, then what the hell is the difference in the US Anti-Doping Agency (USADA), which is affiliated with WADA?

So let me get this straight, USADA follows the WADA Anti-Doping Code, Pacquiao fights and makes money here in the United States and trusts the rules and regulations of the boxing commissions here in the United States, but now all of a sudden they don't trust USADA.

I hate to say it, but some of you diehard fans are really, really, REALLY fvckin dumb. I can't even hate on Bob Arum. If I had it that easy, I'd keep doing what he's doing too. Man, I can't wait to see Pacquiao vs. Cotto 2, Pacquiao vs. Margarito 2, and Pacquiao vs. Mike Jones. LOL.

Oh, and not for nothing, but perhaps Arum should get word to Michael Koncz and let him know about what the new story is so everybody can get back on the same page. LOL.

It truly amazes me how some people continue to believe the person who keeps moving the goal posts as opposed to someone who has consistently said the same thing over, and over, and over again. SMH.

That is some dumb shit Arum is talking again...how is the USADA not good enough. So still more bull shit and a way to not take the test? Or will he take it test so we can get the richest fight in history? This is bull shit...whatever AGAIN!
caneman
FVCK DP!
thehype
QUOTE (Walstan86 @ Jul 8 2011, 05:45 PM) *

FloydHype...PacquiaoHype....who fvckin cares. All I know is that you're hear posting, so that makes me smile.

laugh.gif
caneman
QUOTE (Walstan86 @ Jul 8 2011, 04:45 PM) *

Man I wish that story meant the 2 are fighting next year but it kinda sounds like Arum double talk and finding another way to make the fight fall apart! IDK WHATEVER!
gravytrain
QUOTE (thehype @ Jul 8 2011, 04:52 PM) *
Here's the original story: [url="http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/8211735

in the article it said he wanted the organization to work with the commission. do you think it's because he's no pull with the USADA and if someone is working with the NSAC he'll have more to work with? it's something i was thinking of when Arum called them a cowboy organization and they didn't have to report to anyone. if a doping organization has to report to someone it sounds like they've to get test dates OKd and work with them on everything.

i've got to admit though, if Arum got the organization and NSAC together and they'd a bunch of cutoffs for testing i would laugh my ass off lol. i could hear "we agreed to full random testing, it's just that full random testing with the Olympic org and NSAC has a 2 week cutoff and only tests 8am-2pm on weekdays"

QUOTE (Walstan86 @ Jul 8 2011, 05:45 PM) *

i've been coming on this site about back when it first started looking like Mayweather and Pac would fight and i've never seen the bias some people talk about. i don't think anyone making the claims can back it up either.
zucrates
QUOTE (PColeman28 @ Jul 8 2011, 03:20 PM) *
What's killing me about this whole blood loss thing is this....When you watch the video of pac talking about how he was weak when he fought morales, blood taken day or whatever before the fight etc etc..... there is one thing that is stands out very much so in that interview and it's the fact that pacquaio admitted to NOT EATING, OR DRINKING ANY KIND OF FLUIDS because he was trying to make weight..that's why he was weak...

I knew it had to be some thing else because he put Hatton to sleep after the test. Also why are people leaving this info out of the story if it true! ( Pacquaio admitted to NOT EATING, OR DRINKING ANY KIND OF FLUIDS because he was trying to make weight..that's why he was weak...)WOW!
FightHypeRules
I think there is a definite bias, but I don't think it really matters. There are plenty of pro-pac sites out there, so what's wrong with a site that leans more towards Floyd's side of things?

And I think those who say that it is not biased are perhaps fooling themselves, or perhaps are too close to the situation.

No offense or anything, but I think it's fairly clear.

There's always talk of "we post up interviews with Manny's team" or "we've reached out to them" the bottom line is that virtually every post dealing with the drug testing, the writing is slanted towards damn near everything Floyd says is correct, and everything Manny/Arum and them say is misleading and lies. You can talk all day about how you think Manny has the right to reject testing, but everything written seems to be making Floyd's case for him. That while they both have the rights to do whatever they want, that Floyd is correct and Manny is hiding something by not agreeing to the tests.

Every email bag does the same thing. "hmmm, that IS a good question" about someone writing in ripping Manny for not taking the test and proving Floyd wrong.

As I said, no offense intended. If it's taken, then it's whatever. But I don't think that anyone can reasonably say that the site hasn't taken a pro-Floyd stance. The news articles have opinions flowing through them, so that's why I think many view it as "FloydHype" or whatever.

You can frame it as "Giving Floyd a chance to say his side" in the sense of all these other sites are printing whatever Arum tells them, but it's still the same thing. You're slanting your coverage in his favor. Plainly relating that you believe Floyd's side over Manny's.

Just my thoughts which are obviously going to be taken as worthless. Insults incoming in 4......3.........2.........1..........
FightHypeRules
QUOTE (zucrates @ Jul 8 2011, 04:06 PM) *
I knew it had to be some thing else because he put Hatton to sleep after the test. Also why are people leaving this info out of the story if it true! ( Pacquaio admitted to NOT EATING, OR DRINKING ANY KIND OF FLUIDS because he was trying to make weight..that's why he was weak...)WOW!

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't that test like two-three weeks out? I believe that was like 21 days out or something.
gravytrain
QUOTE (FightHypeRules @ Jul 8 2011, 07:16 PM) *
I think there is a definite bias, but I don't think it really matters. There are plenty of pro-pac sites out there, so what's wrong with a site that leans more towards Floyd's side of things?

And I think those who say that it is not biased are perhaps fooling themselves, or perhaps are too close to the situation.

No offense or anything, but I think it's fairly clear.

There's always talk of "we post up interviews with Manny's team" or "we've reached out to them" the bottom line is that virtually every post dealing with the drug testing, the writing is slanted towards damn near everything Floyd says is correct, and everything Manny/Arum and them say is misleading and lies. You can talk all day about how you think Manny has the right to reject testing, but everything written seems to be making Floyd's case for him. That while they both have the rights to do whatever they want, that Floyd is correct and Manny is hiding something by not agreeing to the tests.

Every email bag does the same thing. "hmmm, that IS a good question" about someone writing in ripping Manny for not taking the test and proving Floyd wrong.

As I said, no offense intended. If it's taken, then it's whatever. But I don't think that anyone can reasonably say that the site hasn't taken a pro-Floyd stance. The news articles have opinions flowing through them, so that's why I think many view it as "FloydHype" or whatever.

You can frame it as "Giving Floyd a chance to say his side" in the sense of all these other sites are printing whatever Arum tells them, but it's still the same thing. You're slanting your coverage in his favor. Plainly relating that you believe Floyd's side over Manny's.

Just my thoughts which are obviously going to be taken as worthless. Insults incoming in 4......3.........2.........1..........

but isn't it? sure, Mayweather could have just given up on testing. but time and time again Arum has gotten caught up in his own bullshit. i'm not saying he's different than any other promoter but he's definitely been playing the game when it comes to testing. he gives you lawyer answers to yes or no questions. someone asks "is testing still an issue?" and he'll say "it's complicated but it should be worked it".

i'm not saying he's lying about everything but he's definitely used the testing as a way to make him and Pac a lot more money than they would have got if they just fought Mayweather. from Clottey to Marquez he'll probably make more than what he would have got for Mayweather and Arum has been putting his fighters in with him, that's getting a good % of two checks. and Mayweather will still happen.
Sicko
Pacquiao side looks like a COMPLETE MESS RIGHT NOW!

Arum says one thing, Koncz says another, Roach says another thing and Pacquiao usually just say what they tell him to say dry.gif

but yet MAYWEATHER IS THE BAD GUY and MAYWEATHER IS HOLDING UP THE FIGHT...hahaha
FightHypeRules
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 8 2011, 04:26 PM) *
but isn't it? sure, Mayweather could have just given up on testing. but time and time again Arum has gotten caught up in his own bullshit. i'm not saying he's different than any other promoter but he's definitely been playing the game when it comes to testing. he gives you lawyer answers to yes or no questions. someone asks "is testing still an issue?" and he'll say "it's complicated but it should be worked it".

i'm not saying he's lying about everything but he's definitely used the testing as a way to make him and Pac a lot more money than they would have got if they just fought Mayweather. from Clottey to Marquez he'll probably make more than what he would have got for Mayweather and Arum has been putting his fighters in with him, that's getting a good % of two checks. and Mayweather will still happen.

Not the point. You can either present a situation from an unbiased view point, or you can inject your personal opinion into it. Nothing wrong with putting your opinion in, as it's perfectly understandable.

But just don't act like you're simply providing the facts and nothing but.
FightHypeRules
QUOTE (Sicko @ Jul 8 2011, 04:32 PM) *
Pacquiao side looks like a COMPLETE MESS RIGHT NOW!

Arum says one thing, Koncz says another, Roach says another thing and Pacquiao usually just say what they tell him to say dry.gif

but yet MAYWEATHER IS THE BAD GUY and MAYWEATHER IS HOLDING UP THE FIGHT...hahaha

you're 100% right on that. There's no cohesion in Top Rank when it comes to Manny. I think it may more be a situation of them trying to cover their asses in case something DOES go wrong with him and testing, than it is with Manny actually being dirty.

I don't like the guy or his crew, but I don't think he's taking PED's or any of that stuff. I just don't think the people around him have that confidence in him and so are constantly making contradictory statements.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (thehype @ Jul 8 2011, 03:52 PM) *

LMAO.

Quick question Hype, I'm pretty sure you'll know the answer to this having done quite a bit of research for these articles. If Pac agrees to the tests (or even a 7 day cut-off) what happens if Jerry Jones makeas a great offer for the fight in Dallas which they take? Will Floyd be allowed to use those injections for his hands in training? Or as they are outlawed in every place but Vegas would they be put on the banned list for this fight?
Fitz
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 9 2011, 09:55 AM) *
Quick question Hype, I'm pretty sure you'll know the answer to this having done quite a bit of research for these articles. If Pac agrees to the tests (or even a 7 day cut-off) what happens if Jerry Jones makeas a great offer for the fight in Dallas which they take? Will Floyd be allowed to use those injections for his hands in training? Or as they are outlawed in every place but Vegas would they be put on the banned list for this fight?

Also hype, or maybe Jack1000 who is familiar with rules and such may be able to confirm. But to follow up on the lidocaine injection in Vegas. From what I have read and have gathered from the ruling of these injections in Vegas. I believe it's only legal up until 7 days out from the fight? Used within those last 7 days out from the fight is a period where it then becomes illegal?
This is what I have taken from things I have read, so just looking to see if any of you guys can confirm this. Because I always found it strange that people looked at it as a PED, when it only assists in the training period, and it would have absolutely zero influence come fight night.
Sicko
QUOTE (FightHypeRules @ Jul 8 2011, 04:43 PM) *
you're 100% right on that. There's no cohesion in Top Rank when it comes to Manny. I think it may more be a situation of them trying to cover their asses in case something DOES go wrong with him and testing, than it is with Manny actually being dirty.

I don't like the guy or his crew, but I don't think he's taking PED's or any of that stuff. I just don't think the people around him have that confidence in him and so are constantly making contradictory statements.

what we have to understand though is the type of fans that DEFEND TOP RANK AND BOB ARUM... SOME Pacquiao fans, to them Pacquiao is "JESUS CHRIST" and Arum is "GOD" and Mayweather is "THE DEVIL" then is what they been BRAINWASHED TO BELIEVE BY ARUM, so it really doesn't matter what the facts are to those type of fans, all they know is that they are Pacquiao fan...and they are going to support Pacquiao and anybody that is ASSOCIATED with Pacquiao and they are going to believe anything Bob Arum tells them because "HE IS PACQUIAO's PROMOTER"

Arum knows that may of the Pacquiao fans are not that smart nor do that have a mind of their own, he knows they are SHEEP and they are going to believe what ever HE AND PACQUIAO TELLS THEM

I think if Pacquiao had more POWER and a mind of his own and was allowed to SPEAK UP FOR HIMSELF, he would just take the test and fight, but I think it is ARUM and the OTHERS that are really holding the fight up...NOT PACQUIAO, NOT MAYWEATHER....BUT IT IS BOB ARUM!
gravytrain
QUOTE (FightHypeRules @ Jul 8 2011, 07:41 PM) *
Not the point. You can either present a situation from an unbiased view point, or you can inject your personal opinion into it. Nothing wrong with putting your opinion in, as it's perfectly understandable.

But just don't act like you're simply providing the facts and nothing but.

other than the mailbag shit where he's being asked for his opinion all i see is questions and answers.

QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 8 2011, 08:07 PM) *
Also hype, or maybe Jack1000 who is familiar with rules and such may be able to confirm. But to follow up on the lidocaine injection in Vegas. From what I have read and have gathered from the ruling of these injections in Vegas. I believe it's only legal up until 7 days out from the fight? Used within those last 7 days out from the fight is a period where it then becomes illegal?
This is what I have taken from things I have read, so just looking to see if any of you guys can confirm this. Because I always found it strange that people looked at it as a PED, when it only assists in the training period, and it would have absolutely zero influence come fight night.

i remember when DLH had an injury he said he'd to ask NSAC to use it leading up the fight. i know they test for it though.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 8 2011, 08:07 PM) *

Yeah but we could argue what comes first here the horse or the cart? Take Victor Conte for example saying not taking PED's in the last few weeks of your training camp you are not going to lose that much anyway because the bulk of your training has been done with PED's and therefore the PED's have done their job.

If those injections have allowed Floyd to train harder and get in better shape then whether he has an injection on fight night is irrelevant, they have already done their job.

I would be still be seriously curious to know though if they did have random testing and the fight takes place outside Vegas are they legal or not?
FightHypeRules
QUOTE (Sicko @ Jul 8 2011, 05:21 PM) *
what we have to understand though is the type of fans that DEFEND TOP RANK AND BOB ARUM... SOME Pacquiao fans, to them Pacquiao is "JESUS CHRIST" and Arum is "GOD" and Mayweather is "THE DEVIL" then is what they been BRAINWASHED TO BELIEVE BY ARUM, so it really doesn't matter what the facts are to those type of fans, all they know is that they are Pacquiao fan...and they are going to support Pacquiao and anybody that is ASSOCIATED with Pacquiao and they are going to believe anything Bob Arum tells them because "HE IS PACQUIAO's PROMOTER"

Arum knows that may of the Pacquiao fans are not that smart nor do that have a mind of their own, he knows they are SHEEP and they are going to believe what ever HE AND PACQUIAO TELLS THEM

I think if Pacquiao had more POWER and a mind of his own and was allowed to SPEAK UP FOR HIMSELF, he would just take the test and fight, but I think it is ARUM and the OTHERS that are really holding the fight up...NOT PACQUIAO, NOT MAYWEATHER....BUT IT IS BOB ARUM!

I can't believe I just read all that. You are just as bad as those you profess to be against. Massive exaggeration, blatant generalizations and just plain bias oozing out of every word you type.
Sicko
lol at Pacquiao Fans want to drag Xylocaine into this, this is another thing Pacquiao fans do a lot, when you have them cornered and they really have no comeback for the topic at hand...they quickly try to divert the questions away from Pacquiao and turn them back on Mayweather

WELL What about a Xlyocaine test? hahaha NEVER HEARD OF SUCH A THING but according to some Pacquiao fans, a Xlyocaine test exist, I guess you can put that on the Banned Substance List if it makes you feel better but I have a feeling many of you don't have a damn clue about Xlyocaine, you just seen some IDIOT either on another forum or on a youtube video make this suggestion and now your running with it...once again PROOF that some Pacquiao fans don't have a MIND OF THEIR OWN
Fitz
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 9 2011, 10:23 AM) *
Yeah but we could argue what comes first here the horse or the cart? Take Victor Conte for example saying not taking PED's in the last few weeks of your training camp you are not going to lose that much anyway because the bulk of your training has been done with PED's and therefore the PED's have done their job.

If those injections have allowed Floyd to train harder and get in better shape then whether he has an injection on fight night is irrelevant, they have already done their job.

I would be still be seriously curious to know though if they did have random testing and the fight takes place outside Vegas are they legal or not?

Using proper PED during camp is absolutely not comparable to having and injection in your hand during training camp. PED gives you that edge to train 110% rather than 100%.
What Floyd does at best would be taking your 90% (due to injury) to 100%. Which is also why one is legal and the other is illegal, because they are not comparable. I suppose if you're not 100% due to a flu or something during training, and you are given medication that would allow you to train closer to 100% or make a full recovery, that is probably not right either, because it would allow you to train harder than you normally would.'

I think you are seriously overestimating what this injection does, and giving it too much credit in terms of giving a fighter an advantage. If you really believe it gives a fighter an advantage, why wouldn't every fighter that fights in Vegas be like.....hey, it's legal and Floyd is using it during camp that gives him that extra edge, and gets him in better shape for the fight, maybe I should use it as well so it can get me into shape for the fight?

If it's legal and supposedly gives you an edge, why aren't other fighters doing it?
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Sicko @ Jul 8 2011, 07:38 PM) *
lol at Pacquiao Fans want to drag Xylocaine into this, this is another thing Pacquiao fans do a lot, when you have them cornered and they really have no comeback for the topic at hand...they quickly try to divert the questions away from Pacquiao and turn them back on Mayweather

WELL What about a Xlyocaine test? hahaha NEVER HEARD OF SUCH A THING but according to some Pacquiao fans, a Xlyocaine test exist, I guess you can put that on the Banned Substance List if it makes you feel better but I have a feeling many of you don't have a damn clue about Xlyocaine, you just seen some IDIOT either on another forum or on a youtube video make this suggestion and now your running with it...once again PROOF that some Pacquiao fans don't have a MIND OF THEIR OWN

No actually it's a serious quesion.I would like to know if they go the testing route and IF the fight were to take place outside Vegas then would Floyd be subject to it? I didn't mention Manny anywhere. To me it's something that would be of interest. I mean is it the reason Floyd won't fight outside of Vegas? I'm not interested in what Manny does that is for another thread.

It is a banned drug in every other state correct? I would just like to know why that is the case.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 8 2011, 07:56 PM) *
Which is also why one is legal and the other is illegal, because they are not comparable. I suppose if you're not 100% due to a flu or something during training, and you are given medication that would allow you to train closer to 100% or make a full recovery, that is probably not right either, because it would allow you to train harder than you normally would.'

I think you are seriously overestimating what this injection does, and giving it too much credit in terms of giving a fighter an advantage. If you really believe it gives a fighter an advantage, why wouldn't every fighter that fights in Vegas be like.....hey, it's legal and Floyd is using it during camp that gives him that extra edge, and gets him in better shape for the fight, maybe I should use it as well so it can get me into shape for the fight?

If it's legal and supposedly gives you an edge, why aren't other fighters doing it?

But the point is and as I stated in my post it ISN'T legal elsewhere is it and why is that?

Is this the reason why Floyd won't fight outside of Vegas?

And who is to say other fighter's don't take it? I haven't heard anything either way about other guys but then why would I? It's really only Manny and Floyd that are under the scrutinty that they are. Other guys could easily be doing it for all I know.
Spyder
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 8 2011, 08:56 PM) *
Using proper PED during camp is absolutely not comparable to having and injection in your hand during training camp. PED gives you that edge to train 110% rather than 100%.
What Floyd does at best would be taking your 90% (due to injury) to 100%. Which is also why one is legal and the other is illegal, because they are not comparable. I suppose if you're not 100% due to a flu or something during training, and you are given medication that would allow you to train closer to 100% or make a full recovery, that is probably not right either, because it would allow you to train harder than you normally would.'

The same thing could be said about a dude with chronic fatigue...like say Zab Judah, or Mike Tyson. Wouldn't EPO just allow that guy to fight at 100% rather than 90% or less (due to fatigue)?
FightHypeRules
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 8 2011, 06:13 PM) *
No actually it's a serious quesion.I would like to know if they go the testing route and IF the fight were to take place outside Vegas then would Floyd be subject to it? I didn't mention Manny anywhere. To me it's something that would be of interest. I mean is it the reason Floyd won't fight outside of Vegas? I'm not interested in what Manny does that is for another thread.

It is a banned drug in every other state correct? I would just like to know why that is the case.

I agree. That's why I think it's a joke whenever a Floyd fight is announced we have the "Gee, will it be in Dallas or Vegas or LA?" Please. He hasn't fought outside Vegas in YEARS, and he won't ever fight outside Vegas for the rest of his career. Book it!

Whether that's because of the Xylocaine or not, I don't know and don't pretend to know. I do think that may factor in though if it's true that it is not allowed in any of the other states.
thehype
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 8 2011, 07:55 PM) *

I honestly don't think I even need to answer this. There's no way this fight happens anyplace else in the United States other than Las Vegas. I don't care what the offer is from Jones, I believe Steve Wynn has just a little bit more money to burn and given the amount of high rollers that would be in town for that fight, I would think Wynn would spend the money necessary to secure the fight. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone confirmed if Floyd is actually still using injections?
Fitz
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 9 2011, 11:17 AM) *
But the point is and as I stated in my post it ISN'T legal elsewhere is it and why is that?

I'm pretty sure for medical reasons (safety issues), not PED reasons.

Is this the reason why Floyd won't fight outside of Vegas?

It could be, I'm not sure, or not really fussed about it. I just don't think they are comparable.

And who is to say other fighter's don't take it? I haven't heard anything either way about other guys but then why would I? It's really only Manny and Floyd that are under the scrutinty that they are. Other guys could easily be doing it for all I know.

QUOTE (Spyder @ Jul 9 2011, 11:28 AM) *
The same thing could be said about a dude with chronic fatigue...like say Zab Judah, or Mike Tyson. Wouldn't EPO just allow that guy to fight at 100% rather than 90% or less (due to fatigue)?

You have actually been very funny recently, lol. Very subtle and doing it very well, I have been appreciating it, haha. Keep it up.
thehype
QUOTE (FightHypeRules @ Jul 8 2011, 07:16 PM) *

Just out of curiosity, what is it exactly that makes you say there's definite bias?

Is it because we have a bunch of negative articles about Manny Pacquiao?

Surely that can't be the case because there's PLENTY of positive pro-Pacquiao articles on the site.

Is it because we don't speak to anyone from Team Pacquiao?

Surely that can't be the case because I just talked to Koncz, I've talked to Alex Ariza, and Percy has talked to Freddie Roach and the man, THE Manny Pacquiao, himself.

Is it because I grill people from Team Pacquiao and go easy on people from Team Mayweather?

Surely that can't be the case because my conversations are no different with either side. I mean, if we are as biased as you say, wouldn't we have taken the opportunity to call Koncz out on him saying they agreed to a 14-day cut-off, even though he also said on 24/7 that it was a 7-day cut-off? Wouldn't we have grilled him about Manny's fear of getting his blood taken?

Is it because we keep posting articles saying Manny Pacquiao MUST take the tests?

Surely that can't be the case because I constantly say he has a right to refuse Mayweather's requests and I have no problem with it....and as far as I know, very few other writers here even write anything about the fight.

Is it because we turn off comments for certain interviews/articles?

Surely that can't be the case because we turn them off for stuff relating to BOTH Floyd and Manny, as evidenced by my interviews with Michael Koncz and Leonard Ellerbe, which both had comments turned off.

Is it because you see interviews from fighters, trainers, managers, etc. who share their opinion about Manny Pacquiao?

Surely that can't be the case because just as often as Mayweather Sr., or anyone for that matter, has done an interview on here that appeared to be anti-Manny, we've also had a number of other people doing interviews that were exactly the opposite and VERY pro-Pacquiao.

So what EXACTLY is it that makes us biased?

In my opinion, it's simply because Pacquiao fans see interviews with members of the Mayweather family over here, therefore that automatically makes us the "biased enemy." Guilty by association I guess.

Unfortunately, that couldn't be further from the truth. The fact is, nobody is pushing Mayweather's agenda to "clean up the sport", just like nobody is pushing Arum's agenda. The ONLY thing we're doing is setting the record straight by giving EVERYBODY a platform and an opportunity to say whatever it is they need to say. That's it. Believe me, if I could get Manny Pacquiao like I can get Floyd Mayweather, you'd see just as many interviews with him as you see with Floyd. The problem is that Pacquiao RARELY talks to anyone. If we were biased, why would we even waste our time talking to the other side? I mean, in April and May alone, I think I did like 10 interviews with Alex Ariza, and not once did I ever grill him on anything.

So really, what EXACTLY is it that makes us biased? Please, by all means, let me know and I'll see what I can do to fix it for you.
Sicko
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 8 2011, 06:13 PM) *

You didn't have to mention Manny...this TOPIC IS ABOUT PACQUIAO

as for Xylocaine, if that is all of a sudden such a big concern to Pacquiao Team, then they could easily put that in the contract...you know...kinda like they did these things:

Glove Size
Ring Size
$10 Million per pound if Mayweather weighs in OVER THE WEIGHT LIMIT

they sure didn't have no problem REQUESTING THOSE THINGS...so I am sure if they felt that Xylocaine was a issue then they would have no doubt added that to the contract just like they did those other things thumbsup_anim.gif but again this is really not an issue for "TEAM PACQUIAO" once again it is Pacquiao fans trying to take pressure off of Manny and to put all of the blame and FAULT on Mayweather so to do that they want to try and make Xylocaine and big issue now lol
thehype
For the record, Floyd's only had 17 of his 41 fights in Vegas. He really didn't start fighting regularly in Vegas until his fight with Zab Judah, which, coincidentally, was shortly after his very first PPV fight against Arturo Gatti. Hell, truth be told, since 2006, Manny Pacquiao has had MORE FIGHTS in Las Vegas (9 total) than Floyd Mayweather (6 totoal).

The reason why Floyd has continued to fight in Vegas since the Zab Judah fight is pretty simple....THEY GET MORE MONEY IN VEGAS!

Some of you guys are acting like there's always been a ton of venues that have been quick to offer a nice site fee for fights. The truth is, outside of MSG, Boardwalk Hall and the STAPLES Center, the vast majority of pay-per-view fights have ALWAYS taken place in Las Vegas. Why? Because they offer a bigger site fee. I mean, there's a reason why just about ALL of California-native Oscar De La Hoya's pay-per-view fights took place in Las Vegas. This whole idea of fighting in Dallas at Cowboys Stadium is brand new. It's not like they're bidding on all of these other fights that are taking place. Las Vegas just offers the better site fees, particularly if you're a Golden Boy fighter since they already have a pretty good deal worked out with MGM. Even Pacquiao prefers to fight in Vegas because he knows it means more money (not to mention, he doesn't have to pay any taxes on his purse).

It's because Las Vegas is "the fight capital of the world"...not because it's "the illegal injection capital of the world."

SMH
caneman
laugh.gif Great post Ben!
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (thehype @ Jul 8 2011, 09:38 PM) *
I honestly don't think I even need to answer this. There's no way this fight happens anyplace else in the United States other than Las Vegas. I don't care what the offer is from Jones, I believe Steve Wynn has just a little bit more money to burn and given the amount of high rollers that would be in town for that fight, I would think Wynn would spend the money necessary to secure the fight. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone confirmed if Floyd is actually still using injections?

Yes but to me it is an interesting hypothetical question. Just say Jerry Jones went all out and made them an offer they couldn't refuse. Or even Madison Square Garden or Atlantic City. If the fight took place outside of Vegas and with testing would those injections be ruled illegal? I really am curious to know the answer. Sure I can understand why the fight will take place in Vegas, I get that part, but if some reason it didn't happen there then what do the rules say?

You just answered your own question. If they were "hypothetically" given an offer they couldn't refuse, then they wouldn't refuse it since, like you said, it was an offer they couldn't refuse. And if it's already illegal in said state, then it would STILL be illegal, right?

Come on Ollie...you're smarter than that (at least I thought)....seems to me like you're just playing games, so I'll let you continue this discussion with someone else.

I am still curious to know if anyone has confirmed if Floyd is actually using injections.

dntknw.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Sicko @ Jul 8 2011, 10:12 PM) *
You didn't have to mention Manny...this TOPIC IS ABOUT PACQUIAO

as for Xylocaine, if that is all of a sudden such a big concern to Pacquiao Team, then they could easily put that in the contract...you know...kinda like they did these things:

Glove Size
Ring Size
$10 Million per pound if Mayweather weighs in OVER THE WEIGHT LIMIT

they sure didn't have no problem REQUESTING THOSE THINGS...so I am sure if they felt that Xylocaine was a issue then they would have no doubt added that to the contract just like they did those other things thumbsup_anim.gif but again this is really not an issue for "TEAM PACQUIAO" once again it is Pacquiao fans trying to take pressure off of Manny and to put all of the blame and FAULT on Mayweather so to do that they want to try and make Xylocaine and big issue now lol

Ring size. Irrelevant.

The $10 million penalty, irrelevant, Floyd makes 147 EASY. In fact Pac's team has said they would've preferred Floyd at 140 so Floyd scores a point there. The fine was only put in place to prevent the disgusting debacle that happened in the JMM fight.

Gloves. Yeah Paccy won on that point. Other than that Floyd hasn't conceded anything worth shit.

I see you've got Haglar in your sig. Do you think he would asked for extra special testing or just taken the standard testing in order to get the other guy in the ring and beat the shit out of them?
FightHypeRules
QUOTE (thehype @ Jul 8 2011, 07:07 PM) *
So really, what EXACTLY is it that makes us biased? Please, by all means, let me know and I'll see what I can do to fix it for you.

I think that there have been instances, particularly in Interviews with Floyd (and Toney as well) where you guys CLEARLY come down on their side. And it's basically just in how the questions and comments towards the fighters are. Where you seemingly come into it already agreeing.

Questions like (just paraphrasing here, this isn't a direct question I'm attributing to you), "I already know this is a dumb question but you know, some of these people are going by blogs and whatnot"

I think that it is easy to see how some people may view those types of things as less of an interview and more of a press release.

I'm not saying go ham on the guy and start pressing them and backing them into a corner. I just think that sometimes it seems you are taking sides when putting questions to the interview subject. And that well may be, and as I've said before, I don't necessarily have a problem with that.

It's just that some people try to make it out like this site is 100% down the middle, and it's those OTHER 99.9% of the sites out there that are all biased in favor of Manny or Floyd or some other fighter.

I don't think it's a bad thing, and I'm not saying you are a fan of one guy and not a fan of the other guy. I know you've said you like both fighters, but some of your posts have clearly shown that you are on Floyd's side in the ODST stuff.

Again. Not a problem.

And while you have said that Manny is within his right to not take the tests, you also continue to cast aspersions on WHY he's not taking the test, mocking the various excuses that have been given. Now that's perfectly rational to do so, because as I've said in this thread the Top Rank people can't get their shit together and keep giving contradictory statements. But that's throwing your opinion in, and thus is not a non-biased opinion.

Once again. Not a problem. Just not non-biased. I don't think being biased is a huge stigma that a lot of people seem to think it is, but I also think that it is there. That being my opinion.

I think (and I'm not trying to draw a direct conparison here) it's along the lines of how some critics of Fox News. It's not that they are CLEARLY on the side of the Republicans and try to sabotage any Democrat that comes on their shows, it's that they do so and pretend that they aren't. Pretend that they're completly fair and balanced. I know many who don't give a shit if they're a mouth piece for the Republicans, it's that they are misrepresenting themselves.

And while I would never draw a comparison between this site and that network for obvious reasons, I would say that it's along that line of it being perfectly reasonable to have an opinion on things. I just think that those who try to say this site is 100% down the middle, is misguided. And perhaps that's what some people take issue with. Can't speak for everyone though.
zucrates
QUOTE (FightHypeRules @ Jul 8 2011, 06:17 PM) *
Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't that test like two-three weeks out? I believe that was like 21 days out or something.

Even though it was 21 days out or something was he scared of being pricked at the time?
FightHypeRules
QUOTE (zucrates @ Jul 8 2011, 07:55 PM) *
Even though it was 21 days out or something was he scared of being pricked at the time?

Well you were repsonding to a post talking about him feeling that taking blood the day of the fight weakened him, and then you responded by saying "well he gave blood before the Hatton fight and flattened him".

Those were two completely different blood taking times. One (that he claimed to be weakened) was the same day.

The one where he "Flattened" Hatton, he took 3 weeks prior.

Not exactly an equal argument there. But I get your overall point. There's too many excuses coming from Manny's side.

I don't think he should have to give the tests, and I don't think him refusing means he's guilty or hiding anything. Think it has more to do with just not wanting to give in to Floyd's demands than him being guilty.

I just don't think his people has confidence in him being clean.
thehype
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 8 2011, 10:38 PM) *
Ring size. Irrelevant.

The $10 million penalty, irrelevant, Floyd makes 147 EASY. In fact Pac's team has said they would've preferred Floyd at 140 so Floyd scores a point there. The fine was only put in place to prevent the disgusting debacle that happened in the JMM fight.

Gloves. Yeah Paccy won on that point. Other than that Floyd hasn't conceded anything worth shit.

I see you've got Haglar in your sig. Do you think he would asked for extra special testing or just taken the standard testing in order to get the other guy in the ring and beat the shit out of them?

Ring size. VERY relevant when you're fighting a boxer who likes to stick and move (again Ollie, you're smarter than that, aren't you?).

$10 million penalty, VERY relevant to Pacquiao's side, otherwise they would have never asked for it. As for the "disgusting debacle", I believe if you do your research, you'll see that everyone was wishy-washy regarding the weight limit. Beristain kept bitching about the fact that they couldn't agree on the weight limit...and in fact, at one point, a couple of weeks before the fight, De La Hoya was asked about the weight limit and he said tune in to the weigh-in and everyone from Mayweather's camp kept saying it's a "welterweight" fight. Long story short, BOTH sides knew that Floyd wasn't going to fight him at no catchweight, otherwise that would give Pacquiao leverage at the negotiating table to say, "Hey, you fought Marquez at 144 so fight me at 144". The problem was that Marquez was coming up from lightweight, so in order to get people to quit focusing on the weight difference, Golden Boy Promotions thought it would be a good idea to play games regarding the weight limit. The agreement went something like, "Look, we ain't agreeing to fight at no catchweight because we don't plan on giving Poochiao a chance to ask for a catchweight, however, we'll get as close to 144 as we can and for your trouble, we'll fatten up your purse a bit." THAT was the agreement. THAT is what Beristain kept complaining about. THAT is what Golden Boy Promotions kept quiet about. I can assure you that there was no penalty ever taken out of Mayweather's purse.

Gloves. Like you said, Paccy won...so advantage Pacquiao.

And no, Marvelous Marvin Hagler would not have asked for extra testing, mainly because he wasn't in a position to. Perhaps if he would have stuck to his guns a bit on some of the other details, however, like a smaller ring size (which you seem to think is irrelevant) or 15 rounds instead of 12, perhaps he would have got the victory that night and had a couple more fights after that. In this example, it would have been Sugar Ray Leonard asking Hagler to take the extra special tests, and as you just pointed out, he would have happily agreed and just taken the tests in order to get the other guy in the ring to beat the shit out of him. Obviously, Manny Pacquiao doesn't share that same opinion as Hagler. LOL.

Just my two cents. None of that was directed to me though, so we'll have to wait and see what Sicko has to say about it.

laugh.gif

I must be bored. I have to go find some work to do. LOL.
zucrates
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 8 2011, 06:55 PM) *

I'm got a quick question too can you just call Floyd and do an article on what Floyd is really doing with his hands so all the SHOTS in the HAND questions and post will come to a head?
Sicko
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 8 2011, 07:38 PM) *
Ring size. Irrelevant.

no disrespect but you sound like the TYPICAL PACQUIAO FAN, the answers and the replies are ALL THE SAME lol

"What Mayweather Agreed Upon Is Nothing" but a DRUG TEST is "MAJOR" thumbsdown_anim.gif

as for Hagler, guess what, Ray Leonard had his demands as well but eventually they fought...or I'll do you one better, how about when Hearns basically accused Ray Leonard of using Steroids...Ray Leonard didn't run and file a case in court...he said "I WILL TAKE WHAT EVER TEST THEY WANT ME TO TAKE!" even going as far as saying that he is willing to put his ENTIRE PURSE on the line and guaranteed that his test would come out NEGATIVE for Steroids...that is a far cry from a guy filing lawsuits and agreeing to testing but want to know WHEN HE WILL TAKE THE TEST and want to set cut of dates or what ever

so you trying to drag Hagler into this and "WHAT WOULD HAGLER DO"....FAILED! taunt.gif Because Hagler did what ever he had to do to get Ray Leonard in the ring even if he had to agree to Ray Leonard's DEMANDS

Mayweather agreed to all of Pacquiao's demands but when he requested blood testing...Pacquiao team started SCRABBLING! If Your Are Clean And Having Nothing To Hide...TAKE THE TEST! With Mayweather hand injury history, he could have easily made a big deal about the Glove Sizes....BUT HE DIDN'T!
thehype
QUOTE (FightHypeRules @ Jul 8 2011, 10:51 PM) *
I think that there have been instances, particularly in Interviews with Floyd (and Toney as well) where you guys CLEARLY come down on their side. And it's basically just in how the questions and comments towards the fighters are. Where you seemingly come into it already agreeing.

Questions like (just paraphrasing here, this isn't a direct question I'm attributing to you), "I already know this is a dumb question but you know, some of these people are going by blogs and whatnot"

I think that it is easy to see how some people may view those types of things as less of an interview and more of a press release.

You'll have to give me a better example than that because the only time I've said something remotely close to "I already know this is a dumb question" was when some IDIOT "blogger" from another site wrote an article titled "13 Questions that Ben Thompson should ask Floyd Mayweather". That wasn't even an interview I was doing with Floyd and truth be told, a lot of those questions WERE dumb...and a lot of those questions he already answered. I mean, one of the questions was, "Floyd, you said God would never let you lose. If that's the case, why not just fight Manny without asking for the tests." I'm sorry, but that's a DUMB question. That's the ONLY time I said anything remotely close to that. Any other time, whoever I'm talking to, I let them say what they have to say and keep it moving. My interviews with Floyd are no different than my interviews with Michael Koncz or Andre Ward or WHOEVER. Likewise, Percy's interviews with James Toney are no different than his interviews with Pacquiao, Mayweather Sr. or WHOEVER.

I'm not saying go ham on the guy and start pressing them and backing them into a corner. I just think that sometimes it seems you are taking sides when putting questions to the interview subject. And that well may be, and as I've said before, I don't necessarily have a problem with that.

It's just that some people try to make it out like this site is 100% down the middle, and it's those OTHER 99.9% of the sites out there that are all biased in favor of Manny or Floyd or some other fighter.

I don't think anyone can ever be 100% down the middle, but how am I "taking sides" when I'm talking to people in BOTH camps. I don't know of ANYONE ELSE who is talking to BOTH camps. I know a lot of people talking to Bob Arum and Michael Koncz, but I don't know of too many people talking to Al Haymon, Leonard Ellerbe, or Floyd Mayweather other than me. So how is it that one of the few guys talking to BOTH camps is biased, but everyone else talking to only one camp is unbiased? I don't get that one. If anything, I would think that we're LESS biased than everyone else because we're actually trying to get the story from BOTH sides.

I don't think it's a bad thing, and I'm not saying you are a fan of one guy and not a fan of the other guy. I know you've said you like both fighters, but some of your posts have clearly shown that you are on Floyd's side in the ODST stuff.

Again. Not a problem.

It's got nothing to do with being on "Floyd's side" and EVERYTHING TO DO with believing that drug testing procedures in both boxing and mixed martial arts are EXTREMELY FLAWED and need to be fixed. Do I agree with Floyd that the sport needs to be cleaned up? Absolutely! When guys only fight 1 or 2 times a year and they know WELL IN ADVANCE when they're fighting, it makes it EXTREMELY EASY to cycle on and off any number of PEDs. Personally, I think testing should be year-round. I mean, how can you NOT share Floyd's opinion on better testing procedures in the sport? I'm TRULY LOST at how anyone can complain about something that is GOOD for the sport.

And while you have said that Manny is within his right to not take the tests, you also continue to cast aspersions on WHY he's not taking the test, mocking the various excuses that have been given. Now that's perfectly rational to do so, because as I've said in this thread the Top Rank people can't get their shit together and keep giving contradictory statements. But that's throwing your opinion in, and thus is not a non-biased opinion.

Once again. Not a problem. Just not non-biased. I don't think being biased is a huge stigma that a lot of people seem to think it is, but I also think that it is there. That being my opinion.

That's not true at all. When have I ever mocked one of Pacquiao's excuses? If he's afraid of giving blood because he thinks it weakens him...fine...then he's afraid of giving blood. If he's afraid of needles...fine...then he's afraid of needles. If he doesn't want to give in to Floyd's demands because he doesn't want him to have a mental edge...hey....I'm fine with that too. Whatever reason Manny Pacquiao has for not wanting to take the tests, he's entitled to that. What I absolutely DO take exception to are all the excuses BOB ARUM gives and the manner in which he gives them. It's always Bob Arum coming up with excuse after excuse after excuse. The ONLY person that I am "casting aspersions on" is Bob Arum, therefore, what I do is explain the reasons why BOB ARUM would prefer not to make the fight. I'm pretty sure I've made it CRYSTAL CLEAR that I think Bob Arum, not Floyd or Manny, is the reason why this fight isn't happening. When it comes to boxing, Manny's a follower...not a leader...and he follows whatever Bob Arum tells him to do.

I think (and I'm not trying to draw a direct conparison here) it's along the lines of how some critics of Fox News. It's not that they are CLEARLY on the side of the Republicans and try to sabotage any Democrat that comes on their shows, it's that they do so and pretend that they aren't. Pretend that they're completly fair and balanced. I know many who don't give a shit if they're a mouth piece for the Republicans, it's that they are misrepresenting themselves.

And while I would never draw a comparison between this site and that network for obvious reasons, I would say that it's along that line of it being perfectly reasonable to have an opinion on things. I just think that those who try to say this site is 100% down the middle, is misguided. And perhaps that's what some people take issue with. Can't speak for everyone though.

Fox News, TMZ, National Enquirer....I could care less what critics compare us to...just as long as they continue to read us, take quotes from us, write stories based off of interviews from us....all of that puts a smile on my face. So if people want to call us FloydHype.com...hey...I love it...that's a compliment to be associated with one of the biggest names in the sport. I'd much rather be known as FloydHype.com than RossThompsonHype.com. LOL.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.